Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2001 6:08:57 PM EDT
I know there are plenty of you Ohio shooters out there who can help me out. I built my first AR 2 yrs ago and while in the process I damaged my lower. The little elephant ear to the rear of the trigger broke off. (there is a long bitter story for anyone who wants the details) Being the perfectionist that I am (the wife calls me anal retentive) I was very upset. Someone suggested using JB Weld to fix the problem so I tried it. It worked and didn't look that bad. I have been doing a lot more shooting lately and tonight the JB Weld lost its grip. My father in law said that I should get the receiver welded and re-parkered. I live near Akron and need to know if anyone knows of a reputable party to fix my problem. Thanks for your time and looking forward to meeting you all at Campybobs bulletfest next month. [bounce]

Brian
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 1:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone has to have some good info! Help!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 2:24:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Contact the original manufacturer, if your lucky you got a Oly or Bushy. They can apply to the ATF for a variance. Basically, they replace your reciever with a new one. If it's pre-ban, it will maintain it's pre-ban status. I think Bushmaster said it could take up to 6 weeks. Costs about $180.00 from Bushmaster. They do this for damaged(as in you damaged it) and manufacture defects (as in they did it).

I'm gettin ready to try this very route myself, wish me luck.

Broke the trigger guard ear off installing that big roll pin did'nt you? It can happen very easily. Bushmaster offers a assembly video for us kit builders. The production is a bit rough/amatuerish, looks like they did it themselves inhouse, but all the info is there. Worth the investment to me.

I don't know if other manufacturers are offering this or not. Hang in there, I'm sure somebody with more knowledge than me will see this post.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the advice tac, it is an oly postban lower. I probably would have freaked out if it was a preban! Let me know how the situation turns out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top