Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/24/2022 4:16:45 PM EDT
This has always been a thing in our household. I've watched it for the last 30 years and it brings back great memories of the kid's excitement to see Santa at the end. This year, my wife and I watched it alone with our special needs daughter Brianna who's 22.

Anyhow...the reason for my post is what a sad state it has become. Remeber, this is a HUGE honor for high school bands to perform in the parade as there's only a few spots.

This year, I was disgusted by two bands.

First, why in the fuck did they have a high school band from Mexico playing in the parade? Mexico does NOT celebrate Thanksgiving!

Second, why in the fuck did they have a nasty ass LBGTQPEDO gay band playing? It was fucking disgusting. The parade is for kids. Bunch of fucking groomers!

Rant off. Turkey time.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I got nothing to add other than the parade is another part of my childhood that’s been corrupted by fucking liberals.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My Mom had it on while I was prepping the Turkey and saw the Mexican band and said the same thing. I get the inclusion angle (sorta) but Thanksgiving is an exclusively American holiday. If you are here you either celebrate it or you don't but don't mix in other cultures into it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be surprised if Macy's is even around in 3 years
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
.... Bunch of fucking groomers!....
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Groomer fest.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Pictures of the George Floyd balloon?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#7]
OPs a white supremacist homophobe
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#8]
It is and has been garbage.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I turned it to the NY/Detroit game

That should tell you how bad it sucked
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#10]
It has been unwatchable for nearly a decade. We don't bother anymore. Sounds like it's only gotten worse.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Some dude I didn't recognize sang Shake Your Money Maker.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Don’t forget the multiple cross dressers.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Without even looking it up, I knew it would be a faggot worship event.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I turned it to the NY/Detroit game

That should tell you how bad it sucked
View Quote

Planet of the Apes is on marathon if you look harder.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This has always been a thing in our household. I've watched it for the last 30 years and it brings back great memories of the kid's excitement to see Santa at the end. This year, my wife and I watched it alone with our special needs daughter Brianna who's 22.

Anyhow...the reason for my post is what a sad state it has become. Remeber, this is a HUGE honor for high school bands to perform in the parade as there's only a few spots.

This year, I was disgusted by two bands.

First, why in the fuck did they have a high school band from Mexico playing in the parade? Mexico does NOT celebrate Thanksgiving!

Second, why in the fuck did they have a nasty ass LBGTQPEDO gay band playing? It was fucking disgusting. The parade is for kids. Bunch of fucking groomers!

Rant off. Turkey time.
View Quote

This country is going to the dogs my friend.......the American people better wake up, because we are losing this country day by day little by little.......   the day is going to come when these parades will have the LGBTHJDHDYJ  ..whatever do their thing and march in the parade naked and doing sex acts in public because its all about equality and shoving this nonsense down our throats .....  this nation is on borrowed time and judgement is coming  you can bank on it.......
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I gave it twenty minutes and turned it off in disgust. First time I've seen it in a dozen years.

First balloon:  Jenny-O Turkey Company
Second balloon:  a children's book character
Third balloon: Pillsbury Dough Boy

Next up ..A high school band chock full of OBESE marchers and majorettes.
Finally ..Another high school band chock fuller of OBESE marchers and majorettes.

Never again.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I went to it in person as a kid.

My kid will not be watching or going.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#18]
We had it on briefly in the background this morning, with low expectations.  I think I heard the liberal terms, black, woman, cultural, and diversity used in the typical woke contexts within the first few minutes of tuning in.  I wasn't about to endure that BS, especially on Thanksgiving  We turned it off and played music instead.  Much better.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I don’t have any issues with a band from another country but a band based on sexuality is
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

You left out the worst part of that story. He sang "Shake Your Money Maker" on the Lego float. That's right, a song about a stripper getting paid was sung on a float about a kid's toy.

That was the thing which pissed me off the most. The lip synching is forgivable. That song being sung on that float was not.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#22]
With NYC crime out of control, I’m surprised there wasn’t a drive by shooting at the parade.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Just flipped to a replay of the parade. The rainbow uniforms of the Kentucky band made me flip the channel. Call me a homophobe if you want, but I've simply had enough of the gay agenda being shoved down my throat.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't have any issues with a band from another country but a band based on sexuality is
View Quote
The religion of Christ has been replaced with the religion of cock.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#25]
It was disgusting 15 years ago.  Just a gigantic ad for Hollywood slop.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#26]
One of the performances had a black dude dressed as a woman.

The “First Nation” float had a “Native American” woman with a butch haircut and the homo flag incorporated into her traditional Native American clothing.

Sitting there trying to figure out if a Rockette is a dude or not before you perv on her takes the fun out of it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Kinky Boots set in motion the downfall of the parade. It is no longer a wholesome, family oriented spectacle. It now exists for corporate virtue signaling beyond its original scope. Deviancy must be celebrated.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Momos everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'll be surprised if Macy's is even around in 3 years
View Quote

I can't believe they are still around now. I haven't set foot in a Macy's in over a decade. I wouldn't even know where to find one if I wanted to go shopping there.

I'm assuming NYC will take over the parade once Macy's goes out of business. It will probably just become the "NYC Thanksgiving Day Parade".
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I also dont remember the first hour of the parade being broadway show routines.  They did Kinky boots last year which was a bunch of dudes wearing thigh high boots.  Outside of New York, noone cares about Broadway.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Saw ten minutes of it.. the lip sync shit sucked…
Paula Abdul didn’t even look human

Went once it was boring as hell. just another parade.
once the street cleared at the end it looked like slob mania… garbage everywhere. Fuk NYC
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I’ve never watched it. Guess I’m not missing much now
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't even want to turn it on. If my wife does, I usually turn it off in about 10 minutes because it's just trash.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Saw ten minutes of it.. the lip sync shit sucked…
Paula Abdul didn’t even look human

Went once it was boring as hell. just another parade.
once the street cleared at the end it looked like slob mania… garbage everywhere. Fuk NYC
View Quote

Paula Abdul was pathetic. She looked terrible.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Don't forget the multiple cross dressers.
View Quote
They literally kicked it off with one
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#36]
It was a giant ESG dick measuring contest. "And here is Olay's float of a female astronaut, to signify their mission to double women in STEM"
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

And they showed moms clapping their kids' hands along with it.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I got nothing to add other than the parade is another part of my childhood that’s been corrupted by fucking liberals.  
View Quote

This. I grew up in nyc.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Caught the 1976 and 1980 parades on yootoob. Much less stressful.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I gave it twenty minutes and turned it off in disgust. First time I've seen it in a dozen years.

First balloon:  Jenny-O Turkey Company
Second balloon:  a children's book character
Third balloon: Pillsbury Dough Boy

Next up ..A high school band chock full of OBESE marchers and majorettes.
Finally ..Another high school band chock fuller of OBESE marchers and majorettes.

Never again.
View Quote

I expect to see fat kids in the marching band but did you see the size of that one baton twirler?

Ho-Lee Shit!!!

And the gay band with the 60 year old flag "girl"????

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Woke AF
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Just be glad this might help put NYC in a deeper hole when it comes to OT for public servants. NYC is about 2.9B in the hole. About 1B is from welcoming and housing bussed in migrants.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just be glad this might help put NYC in a deeper hole when it comes to OT for public servants. NYC is about 2.9B in the hole. About 1B is from welcoming and housing bussed in migrants.
View Quote

That's the problem; FFS, how do they waste a billion on a couple thousand illegals. They cry about it but had zero sympathy for the border cities dealing with them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I can't believe they are still around now. I haven't set foot in a Macy's in over a decade. I wouldn't even know where to find one if I wanted to go shopping there.

I'm assuming NYC will take over the parade once Macy's goes out of business. It will probably just become the "NYC Thanksgiving Day Parade".
View Quote

I worked LP for a Philly based department store chain for a couple of years. Macy's bought them and totally relaxed the shoplifting policy. Basically, you could pretty much steal whatever you wanted and walk out the door with it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saw that and wonder why they let that in a parade for kids.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I’ve tried to find it before, but couldn’t…there was a YouTube video circulating with some speeches by gays and lesbians talking about their end game not being acceptance, but rather dominance. It’s like the of Law of Salutary Contradiction, whose formulation is: “That’s not happening and it’s good that it is.” While the Law of Merited Impossibility applies to the future, this one is about the present. It’s what the ruling class immediately switches to after what they insisted would “never” happen is happening before everyone’s eyes.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#47]
I was just happy to see that while the Rockettes may or may not be woke, they didn't have any Dancers of Size. Don't know about trannies though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#49]
We put the one from 2000 on YouTube for the kids.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

They won't call it that. "Thanksgiving" is rooted in Judeo-Christian values, so some other name will be used.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top