Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2001 2:11:33 PM EDT
Please, Please, Please, Please write your senetors and congress people urging them to support the second amendment restoration act ( bill H.R. 1762) If passed it would undo every major peice of firearms legislation since the NFA. Get on the phone right those leters, E-Mail, and Faxes. Get the word out!!!!
WE CAN WIN

[rail]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the real deal, full text is here : http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/C?c107:./temp/~c107fC0FRL
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats the story? Address didn't work .
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Try this.  Go here and scroll down to the Bill/Amendment search and enter the HR 1762.

[url]thomas.loc.gov/bss/d107query.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
My commie senators wqould never support this (Lieberman and Dodd) by my congressman may, so I'll call her office in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the address ! I'm in Kali. this bill means more to us than most. Though I believe it's a long shot. I'll do my part.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
wow, the guy sponsering this is a real patriot.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/?&Db=d107&querybd=@FIELD(FLD003+@4((@1(Rep+Paul++Ron))+00900))

Rep Paul, Ron
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
107th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 1762
To restore the second amendment rights of all Americans.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

May 8, 2001
Mr. PAUL introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL
To restore the second amendment rights of all Americans.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Second Amendment Protection Act of 2001'.

SEC. 2. REPEAL OF FEDERAL HARASSMENT PERIOD.

Public Law 103-159 is hereby replaced, and any provisions of law amended or repealed by such Act are restored or revived as if such Act had not been enacted.

SEC. 3. REPEAL OF UNCONSTITUTIONAL GUN BAN.

Title XI of Public Law 103-322 is hereby repealed, and any provisions of law amended or repealed by such title are restored or revived as if such title had not been enacted.

SEC. 4. REPEAL OF UNCONSTITUTIONAL DISTINCTION.

(a) Section 201 of title 11 of Public Law 90-618 is amended by striking `which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes,' and `which the owner intends to use solely for sporting purposes.'

(b) Public Law 90-351, as amended, is amended as follows:

(1) In section 902, strike `which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes,' `which the owner intends to use solely for sporting, recreational, or cultural purposes,' `a projectile which the Secretary finds is primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes,' `devoted to the collection, competitive use, or other sporting use of firearms in the community,' `determined by the Secretary of the Treasury to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes and,' `(A) determined by the Secretary to be generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes, or determined by the Department of Defense to be a type of firearm normally classified as a war souvenir, and (B),' `and is generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes,' and `provided that such handguns are generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes,'.

(2) Strike `lawful sporting purposes' and insert in lieu thereof `lawful purposes'.

SEC. 5. EFFECTIVE DATE.

The provisions of this Act shall take effect immediately upon enactment.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top