Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2001 1:48:27 PM EDT
I found this article, which happened to be at the front page of the Chicago Sun-Times.

[url]http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/29gun.html[/url]

I personally give Birch credit for urging IL citizens to demonstrate their rights, but what are they showing or proving if they are hiding their firearms in fanny packs. If no one knows you have a firearm, what are you really demostrating? How well you can hide something?
The only way this could have any effect, is if hundreds of people were arrested with firearms in fanny packs and that the issue would be looked at more closely by Illinois law.
But that would take people who attend the 'Taste' to "sacrifice" themselves and openly show their firearm off to purposely get arrested.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I was in Chicago right now, I could get one of those BBQ'd turkey legs and some ribs... mmmmm....

radioman
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Radio.......come to TEXAS for ribs.....when in chicago do dah pizza...gotta keep dah cheese heads busy you know
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I was born in Chicago, and have been many places. In my opinion Chicago has the best all around cuisine. California lags far far behind.

radioman
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#4]
In the Black, does that mean you won't be attending?  Tell me would you even bother showing up with an empty fanny pack, or is the fear and intimidation tactics that Daley employs working well on you?  I didn't think we would make the paper with this, but it gives me goose bumps. :)

Think of the utter chaos that would ensue if Gang Bangers start carrying their guns legally.

ITB, you really should come to our meetings and events and get the info from the horse's mouth rather than trying to decipher it from the local Pravda.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Steve R. I think you have me all wrong. Either that or I read your replies the wrong way and think you have something against me.
First I never go to the Taste or into the city for anything, unless I really have to. So I wouldn't of gone anyways.

Second, since you are more involved with Concealed Carry, please tell me what the purpose of this Taste of Chicago demonstration is supposed to be?
Is it supposed to be a silent meeting of members of Concealed Carry to walk around a big anti-gun city like Chicago while carrying a firearm and not make yourself noticable? In other words, not really a demonstration, but just a meeting of like-minded people who happen to be carrying a firearm in a fanny pack.
Or is it meant be walking around showing off your firearm in your fanny pack to the public and hope that you can get arrested and make a issue of it?

Just like the law enforcement officials stated. I am having a hard time understanding the purpose of this.

I did read the information on this at the Concealed Carry web page. And all I read is let's go to the Taste with fanny packs, real unloaded or fake guns and FOID cards.

So besides law enforcement who probably have been have been notified on this, what non-gun-carrying person at the Taste is going to care about a bunch of men or women wearing fanny packs like everyone else and not make yourself known as a person of Concealed Carry Inc. or a person carrying a gun?

Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#6]
You're right let's do nothing...
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Steve R:
You're right let's do nothing...
View Quote

There you go again.. Not slamming you Steve, BUT
hiding a firearm in a fanny pack while walking unnoticed amongst millions of people is pretty much ..DOING NOTHING anyways.

If Concealed Carry was holding a public demonstration and openly showing the public and government officials their firearms and a legal statement that showed that they were carrying their firearms legally, then YES, that would be DOING SOMETHING and even I would take time out for something like that.

Or even better, how about forgetting about this whole gay fanny pack deal. I seen those firearm fanny packs. They are bulky and not exactly something I'd want to wear everyday just so I could carry a firearm. And get up there and tell the Illinois government that they have infringed on Illinois citizens rights to bear arms altogether. Wouldn't that make a better statement in public rather than , "See my pretty fanny pack? Guess what's inside."
I'd prefer a nice comfortable shoulder holster or small pocket holster myself with a LOADED firearm myself.

But that's me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top