Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2001 1:25:52 PM EDT
Okay guys, this is a stupid question, but I want to ask it to confirm what is going on.

I took my Colt 20" HBAR up to Ben Avery this saturday, and at 50 yards with the rear sight bottomed out, I was about 6" below point of aim.  Nice tight group, just 6" low.  I had to crank the rear sight up to the 600 yard mark to level group out on target.  Since I would prefer to have a zeroed rifle with the rear sight down, I think I need to twist the front sight down more to raise the bullet impact point.  It this correct?  Also, do I need a special tool to adjust the front sight?

sorry for the stupid question, but thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
http://old.ar15.com/books/ has the AR15 Tech Manuals.

If you download these you will locate the procedure for zeroing an AR. Rear sight is set to 300m + 1click up(I think) then you move the point of impact with the front sight shooting at 25m. I used the nose of a .223 round to depress the front detent.

For me, the tech manual procedure got me on the paper at 100yds, then I did some more tweaking of elevation (front sight) and windage (rear sight) at 100 yds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top