Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2022 12:48:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:40:12 AM EDT
[#1]
How do you reconcile the ‘apply for extremely broad patents’ part with the likelihood of running across prior art that will inevitably end up restricting and narrowing what you can actually carve out?

(I am co-inventor of 31 issued US patents - the rights to which have since been acquired by Google, although I did not profit from that because I had assigned my interests to the company that I worked for.)

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:43:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:49:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:54:07 AM EDT
[#4]
STRIPEKNIGHT THREAD. OP WHERE ARE THE MODULAR HOUSES AT?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do you reconcile the ‘apply for extremely broad patents’ part with the likelihood of running across prior art that will inevitably end up restricting and narrowing what you can actually carve out?

(I am co-inventor of 31 issued US patents - the rights to which have since been acquired by Google, although I did not profit from that because I had assigned my interests to the company that I worked for.)

View Quote

We should talk

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:57:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

OP should post proof of having one of his "many patents" actually in a product.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:05:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Dual half inch side by side slip fittings with arrestors. This will make it cheaper and easier during construction plus the design has built in anchoring to the framing.  Nice design op.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:14:32 AM EDT
[#8]
How to disrupt an industry?  Let Government get involved in any way.  Even as a customer.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:35:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I only have two patents. :(
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:58:12 AM EDT
[#10]
That thang gonna leak bro
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What was the question? Or just flexing?
View Quote

He's flexing with his platinum membership
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:30:31 AM EDT
[#12]
As we all know, the shovel has been a big disappointment the last few thousand years.  I am currently developing a smart shovel with a motorized blade, USB, and LEDs.  It will have variable grip texturing, variable length, and a vibrating head.  It will be quite affordable at a nominal price of $650.  It will be at Home Depot soon.  Make sure to update the firmware.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:42:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Why does the OP read like it was written by a bot?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That thang gonna leak bro
View Quote

Sealed with o rings and inside a wall.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As we all know, the shovel has been a big disappointment the last few thousand years.  I am currently developing a smart shovel with a motorized blade, USB, and LEDs.  It will have variable grip texturing, variable length, and a vibrating head.  It will be quite affordable at a nominal price of $650.  It will be at Home Depot soon.  Make sure to update the firmware.
View Quote

So... you made a dildo.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Here is an example of one of my designs from last year, part of my now patented construction technology efforts, which now has multiple commitments from large-scale clients to use my tech to build homes across Texas and Oregon, to start:

Any suggestions?

It's so simple maybe you need a refresher course.
It's all ball bearings nowadays.
Prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads and you're gonna need about ten quarts of anti-freeze - preferably Prestone.
... OTOH... better make that Quaker State.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:28:54 AM EDT
[#17]
After seeing all the ads for “this (so and so) just upset the (whatever) industry” that pop up constantly all you need to do I click the ad and see what they did.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So... you made a dildo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So... you made a dildo.
If you're brave enough.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dual half inch side by side slip fittings with arrestors. This will make it cheaper and easier during construction plus the design has built in anchoring to the framing.  Nice design op.
View Quote

Thanks Saurkraut!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#20]
throw a few valves before and after your offset to make repair/replacing easier
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#21]
I would run a gerbil through it first just to be sure it is safe.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would run a gerbil through it first just to be sure it is safe.
View Quote
His colon or the Pex?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

No bluetooth? Its shit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top