Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2022 5:56:40 PM EDT
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/947611875

When the SPEAR-LT was announced I was just checking some listings. Ended up running across the above...

Now, I own this exact advertised MPX [PMPX-4B-CH]. So, I asked the seller if they could clarify what made the listed MPX the "Midnight Edition..."

Having 15 bids for $1,100 when I asked the question, the seller updated the listing description to what is there on the page now (essentially, I called him out on his nonsense advertising).

Just another example of sellers, especially on GB, putting nonsense in their titles/descriptions to lure bidders/buyers.

ETA: Just found out there is a "midnight" edition of the MPX Copperhead... which is basically a black 3" copperhead. [PMPX-3B-CHMN]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Same seller purchased a Remington 700 for $1,300.00 or cheaper based on the "take a shot"... https://www.gunbroker.com/item/943233316

Ended up listing and selling the exact same model based on serial numbers in pictures for $2,500.00... https://www.gunbroker.com/item/946057727

GunBroker sucks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:25:16 AM EDT
[#2]
If he didn’t have an FFL, I would’ve been tempted to ask someone federal about his stuff.

That’s like the guy on TacSwap last week that was selling a Prodigy for over two grand.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same seller purchased a Remington 700 for $1,300.00 or cheaper based on the "take a shot"... https://www.gunbroker.com/item/943233316

Ended up listing and selling the exact same model based on serial numbers in pictures for $2,500.00... https://www.gunbroker.com/item/946057727

GunBroker sucks.
View Quote

Did the seller mislead in the second listing?  If not, what’s the problem?  I have a problem with misleading or false information, but if someone is savvy enough to buy low and sell high, then good for him. Don’t we all do that with investments?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did the seller mislead in the second listing?  If not, what’s the problem?  I have a problem with misleading or false information, but if someone is savvy enough to buy low and sell high, then good for him. Don’t we all do that with investments?
View Quote

Never said it was misleading. Just an observation of how this person flipped and made a decent profit.

I’m disappointed about the MPX.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Never said it was misleading. Just an observation of how this person flipped and made a decent profit.

I’m disappointed about the MPX.
View Quote

Come on, you’re being coy.

The second instance has nothing to do with the first.

But you posted it for a reason, obviously. It was part of your “case” against the guy.

I have no issue with someone buying low to make money (as a general premise...not referring to flipping guns without an FFL solely for profit).

But I agree that misrepresentation is a problem on GB. I ran across a bunch of sellers listing Pro-Mag as OEM when searching for magazines for a Sig, IIRC. I messaged the first 3-4 of them and then gave up and started emailing GB the screenshots. Never heard a word back from anyone...sellers or GB... about it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Come on, you’re being coy.

The second instance has nothing to do with the first.

But you posted it for a reason, obviously. It was part of your “case” against the guy.

I have no issue with someone buying low to make money (as a general premise...not referring to flipping guns without an FFL solely for profit).

But I agree that misrepresentation is a problem on GB. I ran across a bunch of sellers listing Pro-Mag as OEM when searching for magazines for a Sig, IIRC. I messaged the first 3-4 of them and then gave up and started emailing GB the screenshots. Never heard a word back from anyone...sellers or GB... about it.
View Quote

You're correct. While it has no correlation to the MPX issue, I guess it was just an "integrity" thing.

Almost like flipping a house and dealing with capital gains...
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/947611875

When the SPEAR-LT was announced I was just checking some listings. Ended up running across the above...

Now, I own this exact advertised MPX [PMPX-4B-CH]. So, I asked the seller if they could clarify what made the listed MPX the "Midnight Edition..."

Having 15 bids for $1,100 when I asked the question, the seller updated the listing description to what is there on the page now (essentially, I called him out on his nonsense advertising).

Just another example of sellers, especially on GB, putting nonsense in their titles/descriptions to lure bidders/buyers.

ETA: Just found out there is a "midnight" edition of the MPX Copperhead... which is basically a black 3" copperhead. [PMPX-3B-CHMN]
View Quote

He has updated his description again:

"After more research, this model does not appear to be the 3.5" Midnight edition. This is a 4.5" barrel model. Specifically the PMPX4BCH or PMPX-4B-CH.

Please bid accordingly. My apologies for the initial mislabeling."

Seems like an stand up guy to me.

Quoted:

GunBroker sucks.
View Quote

Buy low sell high, that's how you stay in business. Don't like the price don't buy it.
Also his Buy Now Price was $2500. He started the auction at $0.01 with no reserve. Someone thought it was worth $2500 and hit buy it now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#9]
That’s a pretty weak complaint OP. It’s not like it’s easy to mix up the multiple models of MPXs there are.
It’s not like he’s selling fake acogs as real ones or something. You just sound whinny.

As for talking about narcing on someone for “dealing without a license” over gunbroker non-issues? That is fucking disgusting.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#10]
That’s nothing compared to some of the faked/counterfeited guns there.

I saw a preban Steyr AUG A1 interarms import advertised as NOS… except the bolt carrier and stock weren’t original. Bolt carrier was scrubbed, plated and force matched to the gun. Serial was incorrectly laser engraved instead of being stamped.

Stock was incorrectly marked for an 80s vintage gun, it was a newer production one pulled off a Stg77 parts kit released just a few years ago.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/941699308
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If he didn’t have an FFL, I would’ve been tempted to ask someone federal about his stuff.
View Quote

You do that, Karen.  Make sure to ask for their supervisor.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Why am I having dejavue reading this post?

eta- How does that happen?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Your funeral for buying a sig rifle of any model
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#14]
OP sucks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#15]
As WC Fields so aptly put, "There's one born every minute".
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255759/DF981F1E-B1E9-4EF7-9549-A6D6FF90B38D_jpe-2535605.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That’s like the guy on TacSwap last week that was selling a Prodigy for over two grand.
View Quote

Fuck the feds. I don’t care if he is selling a neutron bomb.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Take care of your own business, you'll have your hands full.

Careless or ignorant buyers are eligible to get skinned in a deal.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he didn't have an FFL, I would've been tempted to ask someone federal about his stuff.

That's like the guy on TacSwap last week that was selling a Prodigy for over two grand.

Take care of your own business, you'll have your hands full.

Careless or ignorant buyers are eligible to get skinned in a deal.

^yep
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought for sure it was going to be Keystone Arms again. They sold a FULLY TRANSFERABLE HK33 sbr FOR ONLY $$$$.

Yeah. Sure - there's a sucker born every minute. Sure - read the fine print.

Still an asshole move.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I just complained to GunBastars today on some of their shyster sellers...
They list a picture of 3 mags, title says mags (plural).
Bid on them, win them, then find in very small print, that the auction is for just one.

Or I get an e-mail from GunBastards a few minutes before the ending time that the seller has changed the description, but don't show the change, and unless you take a screen shot of the listing earlier, there is no way to tell what they changed.

Or, when you ask a question before bidding, and the seller out rite lies to you (listening GT Distributors?).

Fucking place is worse than eBay...
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255759/DF981F1E-B1E9-4EF7-9549-A6D6FF90B38D_jpe-2535605.JPG
View Quote

Looks like a mod edited the original post. That'd be my best guess?

ETA: This was moved from Armory > SIG Rifles to General Discussion by a mod.... lovely.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:20:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like this turned a different way than intended...

Intention was that, especially lately, I've noticed immensely misleading advertisements on GB. I just happened to stumble upon something I actually had decent knowledge on.

The reason the seller updated their listing is because I messaged them asking to confirm if the model was a special edition MPX... Because I, like the bidders on there, had an interest in the special edition which caused me to do some research.

Do I suck? I don't think so. Merely pointing out that MCX/MPX are prime for false and misleading information and this was a perfect example.

Why I posted the second about the flip for the same purchase on the Remington 700? Don't know. Maybe a whole "capital gains" thing because of the stupid real estate market and it seemed "shady" based on the sellers false advertising of the MPX.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't do it for profit without an FFL.  Or the AFT will shoot your dog.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:28:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make sure the dog is licensed too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:59:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fuck the feds. I don't care if he is selling a neutron bomb.
View Quote
GD group buy?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:30:14 AM EDT
[#26]
As we can see, FAT doesn't need to go door to door and get in pissing contests with people, gun owners will do it to themselves over what they seem "fair".
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:46:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Since the glowies are getting information on gun owners from that site, why are you even looking on that site?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top