Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/22/2022 7:29:20 AM EDT
History is interesting.

Political figures come to power, have masses of people adulate them, then fall from power.  Many times, after a period of time people that supported that political figure turn on that political figure and revile them.

Will Trump be turned on and reviled?

It seems like he is losing support in different areas.

How long until the (R) and Arfcom turn on Trump?

If he has another failed bid for reelection?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#1]
“There he goes again…”

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#2]
GOPe has always been against trump, going back to 2015 the moment he came down those stairs.  

see my sig line

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#3]
In South Florida we love our President Donald John Trump. MAGA flags fill the neighborhood. If he runs, he will win a third election.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GOPe has always been against trump, going back to 2015 the moment he came down those stairs.  

see my sig line

View Quote

Agreed , at least 90% of R s in congress loathe him
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Won't happen, but I suspect plenty of people are ending up where I am.

Appreciate what he did in stopping Hillary and setting up the SCOTUS as a (mostly) effective check against the Dem's attempts to remake this country. Plus his success in putting American jobs and manufacturing back as a winning political issue. He singlehandedly forced the Dems to dump the Obama era 'manufacturing is never coming back' attitude.

Disappointed in his not doing more with the opportunities he had.

Tired of the drama and stupidity that seems to surround him.

I'll vote for him again in 2024 if it comes to it, but I'd really prefer someone else.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

see my sig line

And 110% of democrats and bureaucrats hate him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#7]
What's your definition of "turning on him"? Not gargling his balls? Or legit hating him?

Would vote for him if he ran. But he has faults, the Trump nut huggers need to come to terms with that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I was never a huge Trump fan, but I will not turn on him now as he has made (and solidified) literally all of the right enemies. The people who hate him hate us as well, and they will abuse their power against us as they do against him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Trump is 76 years old. I would rather see a younger nominee.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Appreciate what he did in stopping Hillary and setting up the SCOTUS as a (mostly) effective check against the Dem's attempts to remake this country. Plus his success in putting American jobs and manufacturing back as a winning political issue. He singlehandedly forced the Dems to dump the Obama era 'manufacturing is never coming back' attitude.

I'll vote for him again in 2024 if it comes to it, but I'd really prefer someone else.
View Quote

My sentiments as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.

He will still go down as one of the greatest presidents our country has ever seen. Definitely the best in my lifetime.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:54:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I care about policies, not some baby kissing, bribe taking politician. I liked Trump, and his policies...but his time has passed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#13]
How long before people turn on the democrats for trying to destroy the USA and its people?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#14]
If he was a democrat they left would stand with him or at least shut their pie holes in public.  We eat our own, even if we agree with the guy 90% of the time.  I miss having a feeling someone was in my corner most of the time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Trump is 76 years old. I would rather see a younger nominee.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:58:52 AM EDT
[#16]
One thing no one gives him credit for, but is one of his best accomplishments, is solidifying the opposition to freedom loving residents of this country.

We know who they are now. Knowing is half the battle.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank Paul Ryan, Thank the FBI aka Crossfire Hurricane, Trump had no true idea how deep the corruption ran.

Quoted:
What's your definition of "turning on him"? Not gargling his balls? Or legit hating him?

Would vote for him if he ran. But he has faults, the Trump nut huggers need to come to terms with that.
This. He's not perfect but I think he is the right man for the job. Hindsight is 20/20, he should be better equipped to go scorched earth this time.

If the US elects a Dem or a Milk Toast Republican in 2024. We deserve what comes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't argue with any of this.  The left is really praying he does run though.  That's all they have.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_effect

The bandwagon effect is the term used to describe the tendency for people to adopt certain behaviors, styles, or attitudes simply because others are doing so.[1]

More specifically, it is a cognitive bias by which public opinion or behaviours can alter due to particular actions and beliefs rallying amongst the public.[2] It is a psychological phenomenon whereby the rate of uptake of beliefs, ideas, fads and trends increases with respect to the proportion of others who have already done so.[3] As more people come to believe in something, others also "hop on the bandwagon" regardless of the underlying evidence.

Following the actions or beliefs of others can occur because individuals prefer to conform, or because individuals derive information from others. Much of the influence of the bandwagon effect comes from the desire to 'fit in' with peers; by making similar selections as other people, this is seen as a way to gain access to a particular social group.[4] An example of this is fashion trends wherein the increasing popularity of a certain garment or style encourages more people to "get on the bandwagon."[5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
History is interesting.

Political figures come to power, have masses of people adulate them, then fall from power.  Many times, after a period of time people that supported that political figure turn on that political figure and revile them.

View Quote

His popularity will probably fade once the left stops attacking him and everyone associated with him. I’m not a huge DJT fan but they tell enough lies about him, I feel like I am constantly defending him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Unless another non-career-politician who isn't afraid to speak his mind runs, he has my vote.

I believe Trump didn't go scorched Earth his first term is because he was getting horrible advice from people he thought he could trust, as well as not wanting to become unelectable for a second term.  Which means I believe the libs are terrified of him winning 2024 because nothing will hold him back from making a mockery of them, to the point nobody will be afraid to stand up to them again.  As it is, America has retreated from the insane.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was never a huge Trump fan, but I will not turn on him now as he has made (and solidified) literally all of the right enemies. The people who hate him hate us as well, and they will abuse their power against us as they do against him.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#23]
He’s already there and imho won’t be the nominee in 24.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#24]
OP is falling for it
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Unless another non-career-politician who isn't afraid to speak his mind runs, he has my vote.

I believe Trump didn't go scorched Earth his first term is because he was getting horrible advice from people he thought he could trust, as well as not wanting to become unelectable for a second term.  Which means I believe the libs are terrified of him winning 2024 because nothing will hold him back from making a mockery of them, to the point nobody will be afraid to stand up to them again.  As it is, America has retreated from the insane.
View Quote

Also this.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The bandwagon effect is the term used to describe the tendency for people to adopt certain behaviors, styles, or attitudes simply because others are doing so.[1]

More specifically, it is a cognitive bias by which public opinion or behaviours can alter due to particular actions and beliefs rallying amongst the public.[2] It is a psychological phenomenon whereby the rate of uptake of beliefs, ideas, fads and trends increases with respect to the proportion of others who have already done so.[3] As more people come to believe in something, others also "hop on the bandwagon" regardless of the underlying evidence.

Following the actions or beliefs of others can occur because individuals prefer to conform, or because individuals derive information from others. Much of the influence of the bandwagon effect comes from the desire to 'fit in' with peers; by making similar selections as other people, this is seen as a way to gain access to a particular social group.[4] An example of this is fashion trends wherein the increasing popularity of a certain garment or style encourages more people to "get on the bandwagon."[5]
View Quote

AKA the Trump Train Effect.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Honestly I hope Trump doesn't run.  it would just be 4 more years of nut jobs protesting, investigations, BS charges and nothing gets done.

I love his policies and draining the swamp but if you are impeached every 6 months, you can't get anything done.

He should run the Rep party, set policy and put someone up to run that can win and doesn't hand the dems ammo every time he hits twitter.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This. He's not perfect but I think he is the right man for the job. Hindsight is 20/20, he should be better equipped to go scorched earth this time.

If the US elects a Dem or a Milk Toast Republican in 2024. We deserve what comes.
View Quote
yup.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Won't happen. This summer I rode across the country and saw pro Trump signs everywhere. When is the last time you saw campaign signs still up, some new ones even, almost two years after an election.
People are angry and getting angrier every day thanks to the leftists shoving so much crop down their throats. The anger will not die down any time soon. It will last for many years perhaps decades.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#30]
trumps going no where fellas
better off getting your mind right and accept he will be the 2024 nominee
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone who doesn't support President Trump is an anti-American ASSHOLE!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Trump is unelectable and it’s time to move forward without him.

The next leader of the Republican Party does not need to defend or disown Trump.  From a recent article I read, "Ronald Reagan did not transform the post-Nixon Republican Party by relentlessly repudiating the 37th president; he transformed the post-Nixon Republican Party by standing hopefully atop the rubble and casting himself as the future."

DeSantis 2024!
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the opposite is also true.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:19:01 AM EDT
[#35]
I like him but I hope he doesn’t run again. Just do fundraisers for Desantis or Abbott or whoever. If he runs again they’ll lockdown the world again so they can steal another election to keep him out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#36]
I haven't "turned" on Trump.  I just wish he would go away.

Our country actually needs someone who can reverse what has happened over the past 50 years.  Trump would be entertaining and deliver a few good victories for us (9-0 conservative Supreme Court) but he wouldn't be able to stop the rot and repair the damage.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Honestly I hope Trump doesn't run.  it would just be 4 more years of nut jobs protesting, investigations, BS charges and nothing gets done.

I love his policies and draining the swamp but if you are impeached every 6 months, you can't get anything done.

He should run the Rep party, set policy and put someone up to run that can win and doesn't hand the dems ammo every time he hits twitter.
View Quote
This will happen to any Republican that runs.  May even be worse.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Trump is unelectable and it's time to move forward without him.

The next leader of the Republican Party does not need to defend or disown Trump.  From a recent article I read, "Ronald Reagan did not transform the post-Nixon Republican Party by relentlessly repudiating the 37th president; he transformed the post-Nixon Republican Party by standing hopefully atop the rubble and casting himself as the future."

DeSantis 2024!
View Quote
Yet he managed millions more votes during the second election. Do you think democrats in this term are winning votes?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:24:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you think the left is going to play nice with ANYONE who runs against - or wins- a democrat, you are... painfully naïve,,, would be the safest word.

Relentless and baseless attacks started with Bush2.0 (who certainly wasn't mean tweeting), got a boost with Palin, and was perfected under Trump. This is their template until the end of time, or the media is destroyed, whatever comes first.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This will happen to any Republican that runs.  May even be worse.
View Quote

They're already trying to arrest DeSantis and he isn't even a declared candidate.

Yeah, the MSM is going to work with him and accurately report the news
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:29:22 AM EDT
[#41]
what difference at this point does it make?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't write anything better than this  .   The MSN scroll is nuts ,  the hate flows like a river ,    It comes from hundreds of sources .
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Who knows - we all were in favor of GWB until we all hated him
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
History is interesting.

View Quote

Where you been?

Half of arfcom is already trying to revise history over trump. They fixate on the negatives like bumpstocks which never got signed into law and forget how he killed two anti-gun obama EOs almost immediately on taking office. I have people convinced he was impeached, while even wiki says he was acquitted.

There was a reason why oil was cheap and our advesaries were less likely to pull bullshit. He had his flaws- namely the people he thought he could trust -but was lightyears better than peeps here make him out to be.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Have you been watching the MSM, OP?

You’re parroting their latest BS talking point and tactic.

Don’t buy into their lies.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of this.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How long before people turn on the democrats for trying to destroy the USA and its people?
View Quote

November
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't think Arfcom will turn on naughty sunkist person.  The latter still espouses a nationalistic message that appeals to most Americans.  This is in direct contrast to the globalism most politicians seek to impose upon us.

La donna mobile....
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Where you been?

Half of arfcom is already trying to revise history over trump. They fixate on the negatives like bumpstocks which never got signed into law and forget how he killed two anti-gun obama EOs almost immediately on taking office. I have people convinced he was impeached, while even wiki says he was acquitted.

There was a reason why oil was cheap and our advesaries were less likely to pull bullshit. He had his flaws- namely the people he thought he could trust -but was lightyears better than peeps here make him out to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
History is interesting.

Where you been?

I don't think history needs a revision.  It is what it is.

The bumpstock thing was bigger than just bumpstocks.  It was an admission by him that guns were the problem, not people.  We're now back to vilifying inanimate objects.  It puts gun owners back on the defensive in the argument.  Then, his presser with Feinstein was disgusting, even if he knew pushing the onus back on Congress would kill the issue.  Horrible optics.  Whether you want to admit it or not, he proved that he had no problem throwing gun owners under the bus when the going got tough.  That's not surprising with any politician, though.

With that said, it's not what really exposed his serious flaws to me.  Trump's reputation took a major hit with me with the lockdowns.  He pushed Fauci and Birx as the SMEs to "guide" us through it.  He helped give them the power, and they ran with it.  He pushed the lockdowns as necessary.  As a businessman, he should have known the implications of it on the supply chain and small businesses.  As a politician and/or strategist, he should have realized how it would be used against him, as well as its exploitation for personal gain by many in DC.  Many of our current issues, like inflation, labor participation, and supply chain issues are directly related to it.  It cost the American people in a big way, both short term and long term.  He pushed it.  He owns it.

Trump did lots of good, and shined a light on lots of problems within the government.   His screw ups were major screw ups, though.

I'll vote for him again, in spite of his shortcomings, because the alternative is batshit crazy.  At this point, I would prefer DeSantis over Trump if I had my choice.  I think that many would.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#50]
I was done with him when he started repeating Q-tard nonsense.

The world would be a better place if all the Q-tards disappeared.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top