Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The good news is I now know I am not alone in my distaste for that dork. The bad news is he's not going away.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FTR, his wife is black, so yeah.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean if your take away from people discussing black criminality is that people hate you or your friends that’s a you problem. You’re making the association.

But I have seen a few people be viscous on here to others family. Like three times and it was aimed at spouses. If someone did that to him I would definitely understand why he went off.

FTR, his wife is black, so yeah.

Oh, well, coulda been something like that. Or he had a hang over. Or whatever. Shit happens. I mean he isn’t the official physical trainer of Arfcom.

He’s a PR guy. I actually respect that they don’t put a fop or out front. If they did we’d find a reason to shit on the fop too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It really is. Not being an ass, but mention arfcom to anyone who knows about it and it’s almost always “that place is retarded”. In my experience anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arfcom is a joke to the rest of the gun world and if you take their YouTube channel into consideration I totally understand why.

TFBtv should be considered a baseline of excellent YT gun content, and then compare that to some fat fucking retard making reddit NPC faces at everything.

I would say "it's embarrassing" but I guess if the owners don't care about their image why should I? Their industry sponsor checks keep rolling in so I guess it hasn't hurt business.

It really is. Not being an ass, but mention arfcom to anyone who knows about it and it’s almost always “that place is retarded”. In my experience anyway.

Sure, GD is pretty high on both the Retard Spectrum and Autism Spectrum.

The tech forums have been spot-on, and a lot of ARF haters I've interacted with are more butt hurt to find their favorite gun store lore debunked.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I watched a few of the AR15.com videos back when but found him to be fat and stupid so I stopped.  I try to avoid watching fat people as they sicken me.
View Quote

I’m fat and stupid and even I think he’s unwatchable…
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
We are Home of the Black Rifle. Where's the face?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A subscriber base of 100k+ on youtube should be raking in the money. It should be a revenue stream, not a budget.

In the right hands, of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He needs to go. For all the reasons.

Tap a couple of us in that own and run actual production companies that do a lot of work for tactical companies that 1. People have seen and know and 2. Love.

Brownells might just be amazed. Unless they have budgets of like $2000 or something, which a fat gross cringe that no one watches is what they get for that.

A subscriber base of 100k+ on youtube should be raking in the money. It should be a revenue stream, not a budget.

In the right hands, of course.

No YouTube added commercials, very low "engagement" in the discussion. Revenue doesn't seem to be the focus.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don’t know the whole history, but agree, his videos are horrible.  

Not exactly putting a good foot forward for the site...
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#8]
We should hire Colin Noir to represent
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We should hire Colin Noir to represent
View Quote

After the way the NRA chewed him out and spit him out, I think he's more than happy being independent.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#10]
There won't be any changes.  Half a dozen people yelling obvious and accurate criticisms will not change the YouTube videos.  Hundreds of people watch them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
His videos are terrible. I have no idea how he was able to con his way into making videos for this site.
View Quote

Totally agree.  NO THANKS, CHOPBLOCK
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#12]
It is as if there are 2 separate audiences and no attempt to make the yourube channel integrate with the forum

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Gel test are the only ones I watch.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I said it was ironic.

If I were to insult everyone with a beard and call them "beardy" it might be an indicator I have a thing against beards.

If I were to insult people with tattoos by calling them "inky" it might indicate I had a thing against tattoos.

Your insult of choice included "swarthy."

Again, ironic in light of the accusation and the outrage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone else amused that we're supposed to be upset this guy apparently dared suggest there might be racism here, and others agreeing with the need for said outrage are casually referring to him as "swarthy," as a pejorative?

You can't engineer this kind of irony.

Tell me where I am wrong?  I never said fire him.  Just look more professional and give us better content.  I think everyone is in agreement.

I said it was ironic.

If I were to insult everyone with a beard and call them "beardy" it might be an indicator I have a thing against beards.

If I were to insult people with tattoos by calling them "inky" it might indicate I had a thing against tattoos.

It just doesn’t look professional…I would not accept that if he was working for me and interfacing with my customers…would you?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hundreds? I must be really bad at math!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There won't be any changes.  Half a dozen people yelling obvious and accurate criticisms will not change the YouTube videos.  Hundreds of people watch them.
Hundreds? I must be really bad at math!

Bro do you even sarcasm tongue and cheek?

And this was the one that drew you out?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Put me in coach
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’m more shocked that people watch the videos, they fucking suck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I watched exactly one of his videos.
View Quote

I've watched none
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It just doesn’t look professional…I would not accept that if he was working for me and interfacing with my customers…would you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone else amused that we're supposed to be upset this guy apparently dared suggest there might be racism here, and others agreeing with the need for said outrage are casually referring to him as "swarthy," as a pejorative?

Tell me where I am wrong?  I never said fire him.  Just look more professional and give us better content.  I think everyone is in agreement.

I said it was ironic.

"Swarthiness?"
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"Swarthiness?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said it was ironic.

"Swarthiness?"

WATCH the casual racism

ENJOY the cognitive dissonance

THRILL as they scramble to say it's normal and actually you're the racist

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

WATCH the casual racism

View Quote

Can I just sit back and wonder how this has tuned into something short of a complete shit show?

I guess it DOES take a lot to get me worked up anymore. I'm trying to figure out why anyone cares that much, from either standpoint.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Andrew does a great job and we are thrilled to have him on board. Why? Because he handles the role above and beyond and works his tail off for the community. He's primarily our news guy and as such his role is to educate himself and others about what's going on in the 2A world. We also understand that the YouTube crowd is different than the web crowd and that differs from the FB/Twitter crowd, etc.

We have other personalities we work with for different content and you will see different channels opening up that are powered by ARFCOM. (Podcast for example!) So if you think you can do a great job on the content side, let us know! We are always looking for content creation that has value to the community.
View Quote

I can do a great job at shitposting and my wages are fairly priced
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

WATCH the casual racism

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said it was ironic.

"Swarthiness?"

WATCH the casual racism

How the hell is swarthy racist?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Andrew does a great job and we are thrilled to have him on board. Why? Because he handles the role above and beyond and works his tail off for the community. He's primarily our news guy and as such his role is to educate himself and others about what's going on in the 2A world. We also understand that the YouTube crowd is different than the web crowd and that differs from the FB/Twitter crowd, etc.

We have other personalities we work with for different content and you will see different channels opening up that are powered by ARFCOM. (Podcast for example!) So if you think you can do a great job on the content side, let us know! We are always looking for content creation that has value to the community.
View Quote
lol this place is going to hell in a hand basket.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I have honestly never seen or heard of that channel until today.

Looks like a hot mess of shit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#31]
I’d wager that he is a JBGC member.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
His videos are terrible. I have no idea how he was able to con his way into making videos for this site.
View Quote

He used to use organic gel and left out the commentary.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

This post is the only time I’ve ever heard somebody say this guy does a “great job”.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have many gripes with the social media marketing of arfcom, and consider the newsletters to be proof that I'm in disagreement with... whoever markets the place about what is and isn't a "good look" around here. If that individual owns it all, he's on my shit list.
But I'm not going to argue against him on that point.
Quoted:

Yeah that's basically what Sub said last time we had a bitch session about youtube IIRC. The crossover between active arf posters and the arf youtube crowd isn't all that high. Fair enough.
"YouTube Face" is a social embarassment, but for some reason people love to click on instead of . If I were in charge of YouTube I'd find a way to deprioritize vidoes with youtube face thumbnails in the algo, but that's why I don't run a social media business. They aren't here to improve society, y'know?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This post is the only time I’ve ever heard somebody say this guy does a “great job”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wasn't Subnet involved in this?

Is this the same person running the Arfcom IG page, cause it's nothing but old crappy memes?
View Quote

Idk about involved, but I remember the last thread we had about this shitty content back during shot show.

Everyone was complaining that his SS videos were terrible and Subnet defended it with something about only a miniscule number of clicks on the videos came from arfcom
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Arfcom gets my subscription to its YouTube but I never watch it.

It’s just not the kind of format I enjoy. It makes me uncomfortable to watch it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Why?  In my observation of internet forums over two decades, anyone with a public notariety level above a small town mayor gets hammered equally by suck-asses, trolls and Cheeto eaters on jealousy trips.

The reason you never see Pro 2A celebrites posting in a place like this. If they do, it is incognito.

Steven Crowder is a perfect example. He used to post here fairly regularly. I even recall seeing Arfcom  sponsorship/ads on his Youtube videos. Not sure what ended that tie, but i recall threads where he would pop in. They steered in a typical pattern of drowning in suckass and detractor comments. Whether you enjoy or hate his type of humor, the man is vehemently pro 2A. Pathetic folks like that cannot be comfortable in biggest pro 2A forum on the planet.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Show us on the doll where Norcal touched you.
View Quote

Oh the irony
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I just can’t respect anyone who does soy face
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

A while back he called us all racists And  staff were as well.  Earned him a free name change and a job as the face of Arfcom.

Clown world in full effect even here at Arf
View Quote

I keep hearing about this event in threads about the guy, but missed it originally and have never seen a link to the thread where he called us all racist.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:13:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The face of the largest gun forum in the world should look respectable and be intelligent.
View Quote

Sounds like that would be a snoozefest. Especially in an online domain increasingly corralled by the likes of TikTok.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#46]
I thought he must be someone's brother-in-law...and I'm not saying someone's daughter must be ugly.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why?  In my observation of internet forums over two decades, anyone with a public notariety level above a small town mayor gets hammered equally by suck-asses, trolls and Cheeto eaters on jealousy trips.

The reason you never see Pro 2A celebrites posting in a place like this. If they do, it is incognito.

Steven Crowder is a perfect example. He used to post here fairly regularly. I even recall seeing Arfcom  sponsorship/ads on his Youtube videos. Not sure what ended that tie, but i recall threads where he would pop in. They steered in a typical pattern of drowning in suckass and detractor comments. Whether you enjoy or hate his type of humor, the man is vehemently pro 2A. Pathetic folks like that cannot be comfortable in biggest pro 2A forum on the planet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Arf has done an incredibly admirable job of as-neutral-as-possible moderation, despite the gripes it's actually damn difficult to get locked/banned around here unless you make some very deliberate efforts to do so. Unfortunately, arf GD is showing that avoiding subjective moderation and favoritism brings it's own problems. You won't clean up that kind of behavior without some kind of "arf-daddy" figure making a "this dude is just a douche" call once in a while.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The face of the largest gun forum in the world should look respectable and be intelligent.
View Quote

Quoted:
Yeah that guy is fat and gross and has an unkempt appearance.
View Quote

Quoted:
Those vids are 100% pure distilled essence of cringe
View Quote

Those ARFcom videos are exactly like GD… and it’s glorious…

GD-cringelord >> Fudds
View Quote

This. I got the impression that GD likened itself to a bunch of smelly looking, overweight, neck beards but you’re mad because the “YouTube” face of arfcom is exactly that. I love this place, it cracks me up
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ok so I see a lot of "embarrassment" and hate towards the YouTube news videos. So what's the issue? Let's break it down to basics. What do you like and what do you not like? This isn't about anything other than the news videos you seem to hate. So let's chat!

The comment about the newsletter... it is literally a collection of threads from the site. So what's the issue there? What would you like to see or not see?

I think everyone is touchy about everything these days and you can't please folks. So what you may like, someone else may hate and vice versa. The key to what we do is sharing information. That is the basic core of what this site is. (With a focus on the 2A!) We will continue to center on that and allowing open discussions here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah that's basically what Sub said last time we had a bitch session about youtube IIRC. The crossover between active arf posters and the arf youtube crowd isn't all that high. Fair enough.
"YouTube Face" is a social embarassment, but for some reason people love to click on instead of . If I were in charge of YouTube I'd find a way to deprioritize vidoes with youtube face thumbnails in the algo, but that's why I don't run a social media business. They aren't here to improve society, y'know?

Ok so I see a lot of "embarrassment" and hate towards the YouTube news videos. So what's the issue? Let's break it down to basics. What do you like and what do you not like? This isn't about anything other than the news videos you seem to hate. So let's chat!

The comment about the newsletter... it is literally a collection of threads from the site. So what's the issue there? What would you like to see or not see?

I think everyone is touchy about everything these days and you can't please folks. So what you may like, someone else may hate and vice versa. The key to what we do is sharing information. That is the basic core of what this site is. (With a focus on the 2A!) We will continue to center on that and allowing open discussions here.

I'd say there's a lot of competition with firearms related channels. They probably are bad about censoring and demonetizing gun related videos as well. If they demonetize your video, it generally will not have sufficient virility. Because they don't make money off it. That is frustrating. In that regard, Facebook is actually much better about this. I've won 100% of my review appeals there, and maybe 40% on YT.

As YT gets worse with guns, I would definitely look at alternative platforms.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Blue falcon:

Noun. (plural blue falcons) (US, military, euphemistic) bravo foxtrot, buddy fucker, a supposed comrade whose actions harm their friends, often but not always, for their own benefit. Often in life it's the "pilot", not the "plane" . but sometimes it's just "That Guy".

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top