Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:07:12 AM EDT
[#1]
and not for nothing, but this is exactly how pistol brace enforcement will go.  And it'll be worse because pistol braces were broadly embraced by big time makers/retailers as a perfectly legal product (because FATF said they were legal before they said said "just kidding") who have fancy purchase history things on their websites so it'll be very easy to get all the info on everyone who bought them, BECAUSE they were so above board, before they weren't.

this is what tyranny looks like
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone know the tech support traitors name?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Many links to the thread he started throughout the thread.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Customers, after getting approved form1s, redesigned the solvent traps(making them suppressors), made recommendations to DM. DM incorporated those recommendations into their solvent traps.

The tech guy had unregistered MGs and suppressors.

ETA Disclaimer: AFAIK. No info has been posted if DM had unregistered suppressors
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Customers, after getting approved form1s, redesigned the solvent traps(making them suppressors), made recommendations to DM. DM incorporated those recommendations into their solvent traps.

The tech guy had unregistered MGs and suppressors.

ETA Disclaimer: AFAIK. No info has been posted if DM had unregistered suppressors

Quoted:

The tech guy admitted on here to having a bunch of off book machine guns and suppressors.  He ratted to save his butt.

The ATF retroactively declared DM's products to be suppressors.
The ATF had the balls of Chris' employee in a vice (actual long term possession/usage of multiple untaxed MGs and suppressors), and tightened the screw while he sang the tune they provided the lyrics for.
So the court took notice of the employee saying undrilled baffles were suppressors and Chris knew they were suppressors, and none of that needed to be factually truthful as long as an informant said it in court, and ATF professional witnesses said the same thing.

Quoted:

Reading posts over time has given me the impression a lot on here don't like that agency.

My FFL does a lot of transfers. I asked if people from the above mentioned agency throw their weight around when doing whatever they do at the FFL. He said no.

Your IOI is there to help you, until Merrick Garland tells them their job is to fuck you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Subnet the merciful. I was following that thread. I had a DM kit and got the atf threat letter also. Waiting on the my visit.
View Quote

I never got the letter, I did have an approved F1 before I ordered the stuff and I drilled my baffles and end cap after they arrived.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if they'll put out what his sentence was going to be.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hoo Lee Fuk ! !

Bigger_Hammer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They made "solvent traps, totally not silencers or anything" but then tested them as silencers and improved their designs. Did their own R&D to make them more efficient as silencers. Also had a bunch of full auto stuff, off form. Their tech support guy was in here last month bragging that he testified they were making silencers and thanks to him, solvent traps were considered silencer parts.

Say what?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Diversified-Machine-Convicted-Customer-Service-Rep-here-PLEASE-READ-SOLVENT-TRAP-RELATED/5-2580394/?page=1

Hoo Lee Fuk ! !

Bigger_Hammer

Yup. Pretty scummy thing, throwing others under the bus like that regarding his illegal machine guns and then blaming everyone else because we don’t have mass noncompliance.

There is a big lesson to learn here, there is always a rat.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Even poking your husband / wife in the chest is enough.
View Quote

There are people who paid a $50 fine on a plea deal for raising their voice in lieu of paying thousands to go to trial, and then years later their civil rights were revoked for it. All over a bullshit plea that had no useful purpose other than padding a prosecutor's conviction stats.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I never got the letter, I did have an approved F1 before I ordered the stuff and I drilled my baffles and end cap after they arrived.

View Quote
That was my plan also. Paid my $200 extorsion money then got denied for sending in a picture with a hat on so I said screw it and trashed the baffles and sold the outer part in the EE.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fuck the ATF.
Fuck the politicians that craft, and further these unconstitutional and immoral laws.
Fuck statist, cock sucking quislings.
Fuck busybodies.

They deserve far worse than they will receive.
View Quote

Qft.

Absolutely sickening and outrageous.

Our govt is disgusting.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

The ATFs current position is that the undrilled baffles and tube were supressor parts, because you intended to make them a supressor.....so they were always illegal

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah, no shit.

Although to be fair, cashing your chips in vendetta-style over a 2-3 year sentence (prob less with parole and probably a facility for nonviolent convicts) seems a little dramatic.  Then again so does killing yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Get your money's worth on your way out the door

Yeah, no shit.

Although to be fair, cashing your chips in vendetta-style over a 2-3 year sentence (prob less with parole and probably a facility for nonviolent convicts) seems a little dramatic.  Then again so does killing yourself.
No early out for fed convictions. They would have made an example of him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The ATFs current position is that the undrilled baffles and tube were supressor parts, because you intended to make them a supressor.....so they were always illegal

View Quote

Inferred intent crimes are total bullshit
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
RIP

However, should have choose martyrdom
View Quote

I have nothing to say in response to this post.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ATFs position is borderline comical.

Most people got the form 1 approved first, then bought parts. That was the generally accepted “cover ones ass” approach. But now the ATF is saying the form 1 shows intent, so even with the approved form 1, the parts were suppressors to begin with and the resulting form 1 suppressor is illegal.

At this point there basically isn’t a way to build a form 1 suppressor that wouldn’t give the ATF a path to eventually say it was illegal all along.  That piece of raw titanium pipe that you machined to the needed IO and OD and threaded was a suppressor the instant you decided to use it to build a suppressor! Lol it’s just clown world bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Most people got the form 1 approved first, then bought parts. That was the generally accepted “cover ones ass” approach. But now the ATF is saying the form 1 shows intent, so even with the approved form 1, the parts were suppressors to begin with and the resulting form 1 suppressor is illegal.

At this point there basically isn’t a way to build a form 1 suppressor that wouldn’t give the ATF a path to eventually say it was illegal all along.  That piece of raw titanium pipe that you machined to the needed IO and OD and threaded was a suppressor the instant you decided to use it to build a suppressor! Lol it’s just clown world bullshit.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Inferred intent crimes are total bullshit
View Quote

They are, but the entire fish cop industry gets a hard on enforcing them so it isn't just the ATF.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They are, but the entire fish cop industry gets a hard on enforcing them so it isn't just the ATF.
View Quote

I apologize if I inferred it was limited to BATFE.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And how has that game been working for us, eh?

We need a bipartisan resolution, not their way or our way or the highway approach. No more ground, take back some wrongfully taken grounds, and say this is where we at and what we want. Meet us in the middle or no deal.

Now forgive me, I fell into a thread slide trap.

Fuck the ATF, as always.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am an absolutist.  I believe if they are deemed not dangerous enough to keep locked up then they should have their rights restored.

And how has that game been working for us, eh?

We need a bipartisan resolution, not their way or our way or the highway approach. No more ground, take back some wrongfully taken grounds, and say this is where we at and what we want. Meet us in the middle or no deal.

Now forgive me, I fell into a thread slide trap.

Fuck the ATF, as always.

The GOP has NEVER been an absolutist about gun rights.  They have been selling us out for decades.  You think that "meeting them in the middle" will do anything?  Who are we meeting, politicians?  Fuck that.  Bipartisan resolution LOL.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Give a government agency leverage and they're going to use it to their advantage.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But he's a great example of how the "will not comply" crowd will actually act. Dude had a fuck ton of illegal NFA stuff and was livin the "will not comply"life. Wonder how many of the people who post "will not comply" on here have that.

Give a government agency leverage and they're going to use it to their advantage.  

He's been talking about being ready to comply for a while now.  He's just looking for company.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The King of Hearts is the only king in a deck of cards without a mustache.
View Quote

You'd think the king of hearts would absolutely be able to give mustache rides.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The GOP has NEVER been an absolutist about gun rights.  They have been selling us out for decades.  You think that "meeting them in the middle" will do anything?  Who are we meeting, politicians?  Fuck that.  Bipartisan resolution LOL.
View Quote

You have a cake. I don' have a cake. Give me your cake.
No!
Let's compromise. Instead of giving me your whole cake, give me half your cake. In return I'll give you nothing today, and come back for the rest of your cake tomorrow.
Deal!
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You do realize what covers prohibited person right? Nobody wanting convicted murderers, rapists, pedo's, and gangbangers armed. But if that's what you call as bOoTlIcKiNg, keep believing that false narrative then about absolutism.

We need a win, absolutism hasn't been winning for us. In fact, playing that is a very short game. play for the long run. That's better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've noticed for a while now that Arfcom has its share of bootlicker jackasses who support infringements like the infamous NFA and "prohibited person" bullshit. You'd think gun owners would be against such tyranny...

Supporting the 2A means opposing anything that places limits upon our right to keep and bear arms.

You do realize what covers prohibited person right? Nobody wanting convicted murderers, rapists, pedo's, and gangbangers armed. But if that's what you call as bOoTlIcKiNg, keep believing that false narrative then about absolutism.

We need a win, absolutism hasn't been winning for us. In fact, playing that is a very short game. play for the long run. That's better.

1. Murderers, rapists and pedos should get the death penalty. I don't know why you think those goblins should be out on the street. As for gangbangers, I don't really care about that angle because once you serve your sentence, you deserve your rights back. If they become enough of a problem, then don't let them out. Freedom is scary.
2. We haven't been playing the absolutism game. Have you not been living under a rock the last thirty years and failed to notice the NRA compromising our gun rights away, one by one?
3. If you don't support the 2A, you're against it. The time to choose a side is now. No more compromise.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:  Their tech support guy was in here last month bragging that he testified they were making silencers and thanks to him, solvent traps were considered silencer parts.
View Quote

Link to thread?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

1. Murderers, rapists and pedos should get the death penalty. I don't know why you think those goblins should be out on the street. As for gangbangers, I don't really care about that angle because once you serve your sentence, you deserve your rights back. If they become enough of a problem, then don't let them out. Freedom is scary.
2. We haven't been playing the absolutism game. Have you not been living under a rock the last thirty years and failed to notice the NRA compromising our gun rights away, one by one?
3. If you don't support the 2A, you're against it. The time to choose a side is now. No more compromise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've noticed for a while now that Arfcom has its share of bootlicker jackasses who support infringements like the infamous NFA and "prohibited person" bullshit. You'd think gun owners would be against such tyranny...

Supporting the 2A means opposing anything that places limits upon our right to keep and bear arms.

Easy to say, how do you implement it in democratic republic where the majority either doesn’t fully understand or doesn’t believe in the 2nd amendment?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought there was already a SC judgement on the books concerning self incrimination and agency traps.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Easy to say, how do you implement it in democratic republic where the majority either doesn’t fully understand or doesn’t believe in the 2nd amendment?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody said it was going to be easy.

It's going to take a lot of 2A advocacy and a shift from authoritarian ideology to make it happen.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't go dig it up and post it, but the names of the three convicted are a matter of public record. WA Gun Lawyer has a video that gives them all.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#31]
@RogueHKMP5

How do you feel now that Chris threw in the towel?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#32]
It is so sad the AFT has become weaponized just like all the other three letter government agencies. Think about it. A good man commits suicide caused by the AFT's war on a cleaning accessory called a solvent trap. As far as I know Diversified Machine did not sell internals. Even if some of these were being turned into suppressors via a Form 1, why is the government so down on hearing protection? These should be legal to begin with per our 2nd Amendment Right. The Biden Admin is coming for all of us. RIP Chris.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It is so sad the AFT has become weaponized just like all the other three letter government agencies. Think about it. A good man commits suicide caused by the AFT's war on a cleaning accessory called a solvent trap. As far as I know Diversified Machine did not sell internals. Even if some of these were being turned into suppressors via a Form 1, why is the government so down on hearing protection? These should be legal to begin with per our 2nd Amendment Right. The Biden Admin is coming for all of us. RIP Chris.
View Quote
Agreed. They did sell the baffles, they were just not drilled so no matter what the nazi atf says, you can't shoot a gun with undrilled baffles.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's going to take a lot of 2A advocacy and a shift from authoritarian ideology to make it happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other than trying to educate people I have no idea how to start. The Democrats are universally terrible so we need to do our best to make sure they lose.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

They didn't suddenly become weaponized, they are the same shitheads that went around poisoning Americans with Methanol in the 20s and 30s.

They like playing fast and loose with the definitions of words like "manufacture" also; whatever interpretation allows them to put the screws to as many Americans as possible.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@RogueHKMP5

How do you feel now that Chris threw in the towel?
View Quote

That needed to be said.

Where are you Nick? Don’t want to come out and play now?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They made "solvent traps, totally not silencers or anything" but then tested them as silencers and improved their designs. Did their own R&D to make them more efficient as silencers. Also had a bunch of full auto stuff, off form. Their tech support guy was in here last month bragging that he testified they were making silencers and thanks to him, solvent traps were considered silencer parts.

Say what?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Diversified-Machine-Convicted-Customer-Service-Rep-here-PLEASE-READ-SOLVENT-TRAP-RELATED/5-2580394/?page=1

Quoted:
Hoo Lee Fuk ! !

Bigger_Hammer

Quoted:
Yup. Pretty scummy thing, throwing others under the bus like that regarding his illegal machine guns and then blaming everyone else because we don’t have mass noncompliance.

That Guy was a First Order Dumb Ass to have an Illegal belt fed MG & Silencers in such a high risk of BATFE spotlight profession. Gonna do "Edgy Stuff" then better be perfectly squeaky clean because anything they can find & use against a defendant to secure a conviction - the Feds 100% will do so!

Everyone else is always shouting "MOLON LABE!!!"  or  "Come & Take Them from My Cold Dead Hands!!!" (on the internet) ...

But no one volunteers or wants to be "That Guy" who jumps head first into the "Legal System" when "Crunch Time" comes to get "Shredded"  ...

That said, it's a very sad thing that the owner Suicided.  

Someone loses everything when they 'fold' in the game of life.

Stay at the table because no one knows what the 'next hand' might bring.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

These were absolutely never seriously considered a cleaning accessory. The ATF's current position of "silencer part's," is absurd....guys that have an approved F1 on a DIY kit, still have an illegal can because it was not correctly transfered.

It's mind boggling, I hope that the SC get's another case involving, executive branch agency's writing opinions that change the law. This, and bump stocks are not as well known, effecting a lot fewer people than braces....once the brace thing goes live, it's going to be an absolute shit show. Multiple guys I know got letters for having F1 kits from DM, and after talking to the special agent that was running the case, they got led to believe they were safe.

but I don't like promises from an agency that suddenly is allowed to change it's mind on what is and what is not a felony.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

DM sold cups that people drilled out to make baffles.  There was also a "monocore" type kit.  But at the time there were lots of companies who sold similar stuff and weren't hassled.

I think DM became the ATF's target when the ATF found out they were sending new cup designs to a guy who was drilling them out to make baffles, then he would test them a report back to DM on their effectiveness.  So they were basically working with someone to do R&D on their products as suppressors, but then were selling them as solvent traps.

I think its all a load of BS and that nothing should legally be considered a silencer that can't actually be used as a silencer in its current state... but its hard for a business to say they are selling solvent traps when all their R&D is centered around building silencers.  They ATF even had texts between the owner and the CS guy saying they should get a FFL/SOT.  After a supplier they used to get cups from was raided they were texting each other about shutting down the website and "going dark."  Like I said.. I think its all BS and don't agree with it... but it seems that even they knew they had gone too far and were risking some unwanted attention.

Just my opinion, but I think the whole R&D part is why the ATF chose to make an example out of DM, while any other company (that got ATF attention) making and selling similar parts was just told to cease and desist.  But it also helped that the CS guy was found to have enough NFA violations to be looking at decades in prison.. so they had someone who would roll on the other guys to save his own ass.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#40]
R.I.P. Chris, was a good dude just trying to make a living within the written laws.

Sad to hear how this all played out and fuck that support retard with the illegal MGs

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Pretty sure if someone like @RogueHKMP5 had fucked me over to the point I had nothing else to live for, I would take the dick along with me...
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@peacematu

He doesn’t deal with ATF agents in his FFL dealings. That’s not who handles that side of the house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What an incredible fucking waste.

Fuckheads at the ATF probably high-fived when they heard he killed himself, too.

Fucking slime.

Reading posts over time has given me the impression a lot on here don't like that agency.

My FFL does a lot of transfers. I asked if people from the above mentioned agency throw their weight around when doing whatever they do at the FFL. He said no.

@peacematu

He doesn’t deal with ATF agents in his FFL dealings. That’s not who handles that side of the house.

@AKFF

I'm pretty sure he was referring to audits or something like that, when they show up at his place of business.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And the shitface on here that testified against them. Rot in hell mother fucker
View Quote

I doubt he posts on here anymore.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

At first I wanted to scream traitor.

But realistically, they were told “make our case or lose your life”. He was a pawn, the ATF rewriting their own “laws” is the reason the owner is dead.
View Quote

Would they have charged him with a crime if he didn't help them?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Ever see those guys on construction crews shoveling gravel? Or hauling lumber/electrical supplies up and down stairs or ladders?
Those guys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always wondered how felons find work when they get out.

Ever see those guys on construction crews shoveling gravel? Or hauling lumber/electrical supplies up and down stairs or ladders?
Those guys.

While a person is young...The person discussed here would be in his late 50s when he got out of prison.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I couldn’t do time.  No way.  

Of course I wouldn’t suicide myself either.  Not in my DNA.  I would probably walk into the remote Alaska wilderness and never come back out.
View Quote

I could do the time but not be labled a felon and have my life ruined after I got out of prison.

Do you mean die of the elements in the wilderness?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

(Removed, CoC-6~guns762). Your statement is proven false with video evidence.

Click
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Removed, CoC-6~guns762). Your statement is proven false with video evidence.

Click

@phatmax

I don't follow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:25:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

YOU do realize that I already knew that, right? Getting restored if proven to be rehabilitated and the crime wasn't heinous, I am all for.

In fact, a convicted felon who had his rights restored killed someone trying to murder a DPS trooper. And he was no billed.
View Quote

The convicted felon with restored rights saved a LEO's life?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They generally don’t. Unless you count independent pharmaceutical sales rep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always wondered how felons find work when they get out.

They generally don’t. Unless you count independent pharmaceutical sales rep.

Good joke. Thanks for the laugh.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You're part of THEM. As you make faceless generalizations of people that don't need gun rights, your beliefs line right the hell up with THEIRS.

How about one of these 25yo teachers that slept with an 18yo student of hers. She's one of those pedo's right? Make sure she's on your list.

How about we don't generalize anyone & let people have their constitutional rights until they individually prove their unworthiness by the facts of their crime.  

View Quote

Yes we need more liberal policy.
Cashless bail isn't enough.
And f the felons for their crimes .
The same one continue to terrorize
But let's not generalize.

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top