Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Russians are fighting along a 600 mile front?

As for uniforms, use the money they already have. Goddamn Javelins supplied to Ukraine are already showing up in the Middle East as it is.
View Quote

Interesting.  Source?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You left out the Russian part but that’s fine. All these arguments online aren’t as significant to me as what takes place offline. Do the Russians mobilize personnel, do they put them in these areas? Are they trained enough to fulfill Moscow’s expectations? Within a year’s time we’ll know. It’s not like we’re all going to wait on George RR Martin to finish a book to find out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Xi made putin his bitch at that meeting.   Xi promised nothing and got energy deals in return.  

Xi is smart enough to know that China is very vulnerable.  We can do to them exactly what we did to Russia, which was to remove them from the international trade system by denying dollar conversion privileges.  Kick them out of the banking system and things get very bad for China very quickly.

Neither Russia or China have the ability to secure trade in a hostile environment.   After all the diplomatic and financial bullshit it comes down to military force.   In the Pacific that means the Navy. The US Navy in the Pacific is the better of all the combined navies of the Pacific rim.

Thats the game, walk off home run. I'm your huckleberry.

With POTATUS giving different statements than the rest of the administration regarding Taiwan, Xi probably can't tell wtf the real policy is.  I mean I don't think anyone knows, least of all Biden.

So Xi is sitting back, dealing with domestic economic and political issues and seeing how things play out.

Putin is on his own. Nobody wants to join Russia as a pariah state over Ukraine.

Hence the mobilization. There won't be any Chinese or best Korea help.   Russia is the cannon fodder.

I think Putin is serious about Russia's borders and using nukes.  He knows he's fucked now.  If he starts losing actual Russian soil, he's done.  The referendum votes are bullshit and a way for him to extend that nuclear umbrella into Ukrainian territory.   It's a bluff, but it might give him a bargaining chip in the coming negotiations.
View Quote

My guess is China encourages Iran, shit goes down and China always has their lap dog in North Korea. This ties down much of the Army and Air Force. China lately seems to only fixate on US Marines. I would agree with you about Navy but the Chinese seem to portray defeating USMC in their nationalistic stuff the most.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Should have called up a million. Trained them up over the next few months, then gone in hard.

*I'm not saying that is what I want him to do. I think RUS needs to get the fuck out of UKR.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#5]

I still haven’t grabbed my coffee
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We are literally paying their politician’s salaries and pensions. It isn’t just loan guarantees. The propaganda and outright lies from both sides is sickening.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good post comrade. They should be raped and murdered by Russian orcs if they bought food and weapons instead of coats.

They were not given money but loan guarantees and military equipment. Do you keep warm with a 155mm cannon?

*Actually, a smoking hot beltfed is my preferred heat source in the winter.

We are literally paying their politician’s salaries and pensions. It isn’t just loan guarantees. The propaganda and outright lies from both sides is sickening.

More bullshit.  Where do you find the time?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Should have called up a million. Trained them up over the next few months, then gone in hard.

*I'm not saying that is what I want him to do. I think RUS needs to get the fuck out of UKR.
View Quote

Like I wrote in May. Moscow expected a welcome parade - delusional - but walked into a bar fight instead. You don’t win wars on the cheap.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Like I wrote in May. Moscow expected a welcome parade - delusional - but walked into a bar fight instead. You don’t win wars on the cheap.
View Quote

No you do not.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#9]
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RUSSIA IS GOING TO NUKE THEMSELVES AHHHHHHHH
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No you do not.
View Quote

I think Desert Storm was the last time post WW2 a military decided to curb stomp with overwhelming force an enemy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Page 3?

Did I make it in before the usual characters stopped in to say

“Derrrrr I don’t CAre! I Onli cAre bout da border here! I Dnt cArE soooo much I pOSt n eVery thread sAyn I dert care!”
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Free natural gas would sure be nice for a lot of Americans this winter.
View Quote

Xi will somehow wind up with that too....like anything useful out of Africa and the 'Stan.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The two biggest reasons the Vichy French gave for collaborating with the Germans was financial and security.

No one cares why you’re carrying water for the Russians, just that you are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This must be Russia’s A team that Vichy arfcommers have been talking about all this time.

If people who dont want to ruin their economy or be dragged into a war that is none of their business, for the sake of corrupt government are “Vichy-st” does that make you a 1940s communist, by the same logic ?

Ps : I don’t support Russian invasion. To make it clear to the simpler minded.

The two biggest reasons the Vichy French gave for collaborating with the Germans was financial and security.

No one cares why you’re carrying water for the Russians, just that you are.

No one cares that you are carrying water for Biden and Soros, just that you are.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Xi will somehow wind up with that too....like anything useful out of Africa and the 'Stan.
View Quote

South America as well https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/ecuador-reaches-deal-with-china-restructure-debt-2022-09-20/
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Time for more money for Ukraine
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Maybe. I heard for years about the impending collapse of North Korea after the Cold War then I heard no way could North Korea make a nuclear bomb. Same for China. Do an archive search for China will collapse any day now - like Trump any day. These authoritarian / communist / shitholes have figured out how to maintain power. USSR lasted like 70 or 75 years before finally collapsing. Cuba is still a communist shithole post Castro’s death!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's one thing having impoverished Asian Russians getting whacked in this "operation", it will be entirely different sending fathers and son's from average Russian households home in a zinc lined box.

Six months from now, Putin will be putting up with demonstrations and public opinion turning against him.

Putin will die a lonely old man unloved by the entire world.

Maybe. I heard for years about the impending collapse of North Korea after the Cold War then I heard no way could North Korea make a nuclear bomb. Same for China. Do an archive search for China will collapse any day now - like Trump any day. These authoritarian / communist / shitholes have figured out how to maintain power. USSR lasted like 70 or 75 years before finally collapsing. Cuba is still a communist shithole post Castro’s death!

I suspect that we won’t like what comes after Putin. They may withdraw from Ukraine if he gets deposed or dies but they will continue to be a rival.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

..and drunk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their reservists are usually old and fat.

..and drunk.
Seriously. Reservists, using old gear, barely trained... This is just being determined to not admit you failed. But, I guess when the retirement plan for dictators is a bullet in the head, you're perfectly ok sending a bunch of peasants off to get shot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Unless things change in their military, that probably won't help.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No one cares that you are carrying water for Biden and Soros, just that you are.
View Quote

38.75 posts per day.

Note: people who post like they're paid to usually are.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Shouldn't they have done this months ago?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I am sure this will be a fair election.
View Quote

It will be about as fair and ethical as our last one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So once they join Russia they are part of Russia.

The Ukrainians didn't win?
View Quote

I don't see how they can sustain keeping those territories even if Ukraine stopped its Army. The Partisans are going to make it ungovernable.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ayup.  

Glad US O&G got their first contract to offload some of our natural gas .. not that this was why we got involved with Ukraine back in the Obama years for anyways
View Quote

Well we should have. Maybe Crimea would be back in Ukraine's hands and this whole war never happens.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#24]
The moment a threads starts about Ukraine

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:04:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This war will eventually devolve to Russians with pointy sticks charging Ukrainian lines.
View Quote
Hope I'm wrong but Putin will use nukes before this point. He can't lose face now. Again - hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hope I'm wrong but Putin will use nukes before this point. He can't lose face now. Again - hope I'm wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This war will eventually devolve to Russians with pointy sticks charging Ukrainian lines.

I want to see nukes go off in full 4k HD
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#27]

Nice guys finish last.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Good, more pics of dead Orcs on Spook's Telegram to see.  Can't wait for fields of bodies like the Banzai charges during WWII.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very nature of the fact that millions of Ukrainians have fled the area and the remaining people are heavily slanted toward pro Putin people make it impossible to have a realisticly fair election even if you wanted to.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

..and drunk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

..and drunk.

So Ukraine needs as much alcohol as it can collect to stop any Russian offensive.  Here's a warehouse!  There's a warehouse!  Everywhere along any invasion route is a warehouse.  Just go in after three days, disarm them and herd them into camps.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wonder if we'll start seeing Russians running around with Ppsh-41s lol
View Quote

I don't know but I bet there's going to be some Mosins around.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're gonna get video of it filmed with a shaking potato in vertical mode and like it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#33]
The new "homeland" defense will include nukes
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huge risks to Russia if they do. The war isn't popular in Russia, not like anti-war protests everywhere, but nobody is signing up voluntarily to join. Putin commanding a nuclear strike is dangerous on one account, because there is a real risk that his own military tells that order to fuck off. And a Palace Coup starts being real possible when his people believe he's a mad man they have to get rid of ASAP.

Wind blows the wrong way and you'll have large parts of the Russian military contaminated.

Tactical nukes aren't that great on armored forces spread all out.

last, Russia has had a nuclear hostage for 70 years to prevent the West from invading. Using a nuke is killing their hostage. Deterrence is finished. Now you're talking NATO getting involved and regime change in Mowcow just became top priority. Even China would probably turn and start fighting Russia.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

And have zero prior active duty service.  The exodus from russia is on.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If people who dont want to ruin their economy or be dragged into a war that is none of their business, for the sake of corrupt government are “Vichy-st” does that make you a 1940s communist, by the same logic ?

View Quote

Bro just stop. You’ve been one of the worst Russia shills on this site since this all started.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We are giving them NG as well? And they need winter uniforms? Who squirreled 87 bazillion dollars away instead of using it for war?

Glad my tax dollars were used in a money laundering scheme.
View Quote

NNNOOOO!!! Russia sucks! Ukraine is just regular people trying to live their lives. There’s no money laundering. Or labs. Or corruption. The Sovie…I mean Russia sucks!

TC
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

As long as theyre using dominion voting machines, should be very secure
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

NNNOOOO!!! Russia sucks! Ukraine is just regular people trying to live their lives. There’s no money laundering. Or labs. Or corruption. The Sovie…I mean Russia sucks!

TC
View Quote

Ukraine: military situation with maps September 16 - 18, 2022
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Huge risks to Russia if they do. The war isn't popular in Russia, not like anti-war protests everywhere, but nobody is signing up voluntarily to join. Putin commanding a nuclear strike is dangerous on one account, because there is a real risk that his own military tells that order to fuck off. And a Palace Coup starts being real possible when his people believe he's a mad man they have to get rid of ASAP.

Wind blows the wrong way and you'll have large parts of the Russian military contaminated.

last, Russia has had a nuclear hostage for 70 years to prevent the West from invading. Using a nuke is killing their hostage. Deterrence is finished. Now you're talking NATO getting involved and regime change in Mowcow just became top priority. Even China would probably turn and start fighting Russia.
View Quote
@ArmyInfantryVet  I really hope you are correct.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Very nature of the fact that millions of Ukrainians have fled the area and the remaining people are heavily slanted toward pro Putin people make it impossible to have a realisticly fair election even if you wanted to.
View Quote

Speaking of "realistically fair elections" when did the folks in Crimea ever vote to leave Russia and become part of Ukraine?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Since this is now a long war, we should start equipping and training Ukrainians as such.

We can start training Ukrainians on western aircraft. AMARG can start restoring aircraft. Throw some modern targeting and EW packages on older airframes then fly them from AZ to UKR. There are plenty of F-16s, F-18s, E-2s, S-3s, and C-130s. Many are probably in fly-hold or 1000 returnable condition. While some of these are used for spares, most will end up scrapped if not brought online and donated to UKR.

Sierra Army Depot in CA has 26,000 stored armored vehicles. We have 2000 M-1 tanks sitting there that we will never use. That they are worn is fine. They only need to last another 1000mi. They would be a more than excellent counter to the 1000s of clapped out T-62s (and older) that Putin is having brought out of storage. The difference is the M1s we send can outfight the T-62 any day with better sensors and fire-while-moving gyrostablized guns while the T-62s stop to fire, then the autoloader loads the gunner's arm into the barrel. Sierra also has thousands of M-2 Bradleys.

This is a slow motion Soviet invasion of Europe that the West always prepared for, just 40 years later than we thought, and fought on the Ukrainian plains instead of the central German plains, and Ukes are dying instead of NATO. If such a horrific thing was bound to happen, this is literally the least terrible way for it to happen.

Now is the time to use the deep storage arsenal of democracy.
We'd never use it in a war with China as there would be no time to prepare and no place to deploy such assets.

Perhaps the material support would make Putin back down before the fight. Facing off against Abrams tanks certainly would make his reservists run.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just you wait mister!  Not old and fat, they are experienced and bred to fight off the famish of extended supply line issues.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I had to venture, my guess is Crimea is the only spot Moscow might consider it. Meaning if Ukraine recaptures Kherson, Donbass etc but not Crimea, Putin won’t even roll out trucks on tv with threats. Crimea, could be the exception but then I could be wrong about even that. Russians are a paranoid people who seem to perceive threats in leaves blowing in the wind. Maybe the blame for that is the Mongol empire?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

38.75 posts per day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

38.75 posts per day.

Derp
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Good post comrade. They should be raped and murdered by Russian orcs if they bought food and weapons instead of coats.

They were not given money but loan guarantees and military equipment. Do you keep warm with a 155mm cannon?

*Actually, a smoking hot beltfed is my preferred heat source in the winter.
View Quote

$44 Billion in aid…gone! Poof.

Tell MSNBC I said hi when you see them today.

“Grandpa, tell us about the time you made us debt slaves to the Globalists.”

TC
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Just you wait mister!  Not old and fat, they are experienced and bred to fight off the famish of extended supply line issues.
View Quote

Hopefully thread doesn’t derail and attract the US National Guard haters
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly. Well said.

TC
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The election is a farce so Putin can “legally” use conscripts or the reserves or some such nonsense.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top