Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 150
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:29:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

basically sold her daughter to the enemy  sad scene .no longer a heroic figure to me.

View Quote

Not the enemy, just a guy who she didn't like.  And not sold, her daughter was all in for the old ways, and she seemed excited at the idea of being betrothed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:52:27 AM EDT
[#2]
The one and only issue I can complain about with this show is the ship saber thing that Luthen did with the TIEs to escape.  It just seemed too gimmicky to me.  Too much like they were trying to evoke lightsabers in some way.  Would have preferred if the just popped out a couple cannons or missile launchers that would lock on and take out the TIEs.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:16:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:

The whole notion that Boba was becoming a benevolent crime lord skewered it from the get go. I've watched it a couple of times now. There's some good stuff in there, but there's also enough cringe to choke out a Krayt dragon. I personally hate the idea of him being a crime boss. It wasn't new ground as they did it so much better with Maul.

Imagine Boba Fett written with the same tenacity and grit as Luthen. We got robbed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:
The more I watch Andor, the more I shake my head over how Disney squandered Obi Won and especially Boba Fett. The set in Boba Fett offered so much potential, and Luthen's spy network and overall cunning provides a small taste of how Fett could and should have been portrayed as he gains real control over the city.

The whole notion that Boba was becoming a benevolent crime lord skewered it from the get go. I've watched it a couple of times now. There's some good stuff in there, but there's also enough cringe to choke out a Krayt dragon. I personally hate the idea of him being a crime boss. It wasn't new ground as they did it so much better with Maul.

Imagine Boba Fett written with the same tenacity and grit as Luthen. We got robbed.

Obi Wan and Bobba Fett sucked ass.  The best episode of Bobba was when it was all Mando.  

The Mandallrian was decent, but not good or great, and had a lot of cheese.

This has been a great drama/action series.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:18:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

I consider the writing for this show to be a mini-rebellion of its own.

Folks had lower expectations for this show. It snuck under the radar and turned out to be incredible.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
Can you still hate Disney after this? If George Lucas never sold the franchise he'd never allow such a dark story like this.

Folks had lower expectations for this show. It snuck under the radar and turned out to be incredible.

I feel the same way about Rogue One. Easily my favorite movie of the Disney era of Star Wars.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:17:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
arraigning marriages for political reasons is as old as human history. the daughter seems to be all for it (and did you miss where Mon is selling out her husband to cover her tracks?)
View Quote

And doing it young, too.  For example, Mary (mother of Jesus) was likely 12 or 13 when she was betrothed to Joseph.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Greenhorn:

Not the enemy, just a guy who she didn't like.  And not sold, her daughter was all in for the old ways, and she seemed excited at the idea of being betrothed.
View Quote

Correct

The action was part of the culture and Mon Milfma was married in the same way. She hated it and didn't want it for her daughter. Her daughter was all in on the event and doesn't see it as anything but normal.

Young girls growing up too fast has been part of SW since the beginning.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Just dropping in to say I finished it and loved it. I think they're actually listening to the fans.

Andor (and the movie Rogue One), Mandalorian (and Book of Boba), Obi Wan. Love it all.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Just dropping in to say I finished it and loved it. I think they're actually listening to the fans.

Andor (and the movie Rogue One), Mandalorian (and Book of Boba), Obi Wan. Love it all.
View Quote

Other than R1, the others for the most part are a hot mess compared to Andor.

SW with a story not designed to sell toys.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

I feel the same way about Rogue One. Easily my favorite movie of the Disney era of Star Wars.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rebel31:
Can you still hate Disney after this? If George Lucas never sold the franchise he'd never allow such a dark story like this.

Exactly. The whole team flew under the radar as if it were being pitched as an art project, so the higher-ups took more of a hands-off approach to the movie. And they made something amazing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Exactly. The whole team flew under the radar as if it were being pitched as an art project, so the higher-ups took more of a hands-off approach to the movie. And they made something amazing.
View Quote
Here's hoping KK doesn't get more involved with Season 2.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:

Funny you say that. As I was watching Maarva’s jazz funeral procession I thought “Lucas would have had an action figure playset for this and names for every one of these people”.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Awesome finale.

Maarva's speech at the end was a great touch. Not only did it inspire Ferrix to rebel, it explains Cassian's deep motivation to the cause that we see in R1.  

His own mistreatment at the hands of the Empire wasn't enough.  The speech was the inspiration, then when the Empire went full iron fist to shut it down, he saw it was necessary and made him a true believer, hence the ending scene. He felt he had nothing left to live for, but Luthen was offering a reason.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Season 1 was great
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Naporter:
Awesome finale.

Maarva's speech at the end was a great touch. Not only did it inspire Ferrix to rebel, it explains Cassian's deep motivation to the cause that we see in R1.  

His own mistreatment at the hands of the Empire wasn't enough.  The speech was the inspiration, then when the Empire went full iron fist to shut it down, he saw it was necessary and made him a true believer, hence the ending scene. He felt he had nothing left to live for, but Luthen was offering a reason.
View Quote

I think it's also key that Cassian had just listened to the manifesto. Now, his adoptive mother was clearly echoing similar sentiment just as he was grieving over her loss. It brought everything in focus for him.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#15]

I think it's also key that Cassian had just listened to the manifesto. Now, his adoptive mother was clearly echoing similar sentiment just as he was grieving over her loss. It brought everything in focus for him.
View All Quotes
Awesome finale.

True. That part of the manifesto provides the glimmer of hope that change is possible.  Having just triumphed over the Imps at the prison gives him the belief that it's not just a dead man's words, but actually possible.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Speaking of toys, remember that hard case, almost like the metal lunch boxes, with the tray inside that had individual slots for a dozen of the 3.5" tall action figures?  Think it was two layers of trays, so lots of them fit in there.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By helmet91:
View Quote

I heard she is going to get shit canned next.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Kunta_Kinte:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/gCZW4C8_zpszk9iufhb_GIF-113.gif
View Quote

Didn’t Igor put her in place? Doubt he’d fire her
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

She's not going anywhere. Been involved with the industry too long and has pictures or skills that upper management lets her get a pass.

Question is how much involvement she has. Let her name be on the credits and get a paycheck, I don't care. Turn Cassian tranny and submit to the order of Rainbows and Unicorns and there is an issue.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
FYI there's an after credits scene for episode 12.
View Quote

Thank you very much!

12 was the only episode I didn't check!

And what a freakin' show!!! O U T S T A N D I N G !!!

I'll be dropping Disney before Christmas, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for Season II.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By user4574:

She's not going anywhere. Been involved with the industry too long and has pictures or skills that upper management lets her get a pass.

Question is how much involvement she has. Let her name be on the credits and get a paycheck, I don't care. Turn Cassian tranny and submit to the order of Rainbows and Unicorns and there is an issue.
View All Quotes

I hope they don't put cock in Cassians mouth that'd be terrible
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

basically sold her daughter to the enemy  sad scene .no longer a heroic figure to me.

They came close to making him Space Trump.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

Thank you very much!

12 was the only episode I didn't check!

And what a freakin' show!!! O U T S T A N D I N G !!!

I'll be dropping Disney before Christmas, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for Season II.
View Quote

Haha I actually didn't check for one - the music was great so I left the credits playing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I wonder what the ISB is going to do?

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

For a brief moment one of the Imperials points at the ramparts where Andor is hiding and yells out that their troops reported seeing someone up there, requests sending troops to investigate, and the request is turned down because of the situation on the street.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Were essentially watching the Star Wars version of the American Revolution, sans any Ewoks or Jar-Jar.

What’s not to like?   This show is an ARFcom wet-dream.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By toadmeister:
Were essentially watching the Star Wars version of the American Revolution, sans any Ewoks or Jar-Jar.

View Quote

Mon Mothma scenes are kinda boring. The lesbians are blargh. And ultimately we already know Andor's gonna die.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:39:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jackthom8] [#28]

View Quote

We'll get a few lego sets. There's already one.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Mon Mothma scenes are kinda boring. The lesbians are blargh. And ultimately we already know Andor's gonna die.
View All Quotes

Shut up, you’d watch.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By macman37:

Shut up, you’d watch.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Sort of like how Rogue One snuck in there too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:02:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By LatentUser:

View All Quotes

Let me preface this by saying I'm old enough to have seen A New Hope in the theater when it first came out (5 times).  

I actually like Han. I think it got a bad rap because people lumped it in with those last three abortions.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:04:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JLH3:

Let me preface this by saying I'm old enough to have seen A New Hope in the theater when it first came out (5 times).  

I actually like Han. I think it got a bad rap because people lumped it in with those last three abortions.
View Quote

Agreed on that
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:24:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:34:54 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Tony Gilroy created/wrote both the Rogue One and Andor screenplays

The guy seems like he has had this entire story arc in his head for a long time.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:38:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#36]

View Quote

Meh.. I like the political intrigue and am interested to see how Mothma is exiled from the Senate and becomes one of the key figures in the Rebellion

The scenes with her speaking in the senate chamber are also well done in how the Senate of the old Republic, as shown in the prequels, has now become a hollow shell of its former self which now holds no real power.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:51:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bg10] [#37]
Great show.

I didn’t like Obi Wan and BoBF.

Was kind of “meh” after those two series. Rogue One is great, but after those last two series I had low expectations for Andor. It really surprised me.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:55:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By mancat:

Meh.. I like the political intrigue and am interested to see how Mothma is exiled from the Senate and becomes one of the key figures in the Rebellion

The scenes with her speaking in the senate chamber are also well done in how the Senate of the old Republic, as shown in the prequels, has now become a hollow shell of its former self which now holds no real power.
View Quote
IIRC the Senate was dissolved in episode 4 right After Princess Leia was captured.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:07:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
IIRC the Senate was dissolved in episode 4 right After Princess Leia was captured.
View Quote

Yes but if you noticed in the last few episodes... She's not going to make it that long in the Senate
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:20:07 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

The fallacy here is that libtards believe they’re the Rebellion and that everything we believe in is represented in the Empire.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 8:07:07 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Agreed. I really think Solo was more a victim of bad timing than anything, having come out after the massive disappointment of The Last Jedi.

I'll always appreciate how they tried to retroactively fix the "parsec" problem.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 8:22:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#42]

Yes but if you noticed in the last few episodes... She's not going to make it that long in the Senate
View All Quotes

This was also covered in Rebels. Long before Yavin, she was on the run from the Empire and received aid from the Ghost crew.

The cause of her flight was well shown, she publicly spoke out against the Empire.  We'll see that in person soon enough in S2 I'm sure, instead of just the brief hologram we saw in Rebels.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#43]

This was also covered in Rebels. Long before Yavin, she was on the run from the Empire and received aid from the Ghost crew.

The cause of her flight was well shown, she publicly spoke out against the Empire.  We'll see that in person soon enough in S2 I'm sure, instead of just the brief hologram we saw in Rebels.
View All Quotes

I’d love to see her escape in live-action if it introduces the Ghost Crew.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

And there we have it.

If you cannot appreciate the direct comparisons at this point then all hope is lost.

Reminds me of pre Covid and Virginia rally.

Aside, the soundtrack is fantastic, the scene on the beach with Cassian looking down in shock, and the last episode where Luthen just looks down upon the city in deep thought are fantastic.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RandyBroshankle:

And there we have it.

If you cannot appreciate the direct comparisons at this point then all hope is lost.

Aside, the soundtrack is fantastic, the scene on the beach with Cassian looking down in shock, and the last episode where Luthen just looks down upon the city in deep thought are fantastic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RandyBroshankle:

And there we have it.

One thing of note about Luthen in this episode was his attire. It's very reminiscent of the Jedi, and he did seem to be a bit distressed by the level of chaos and suffering that ensued after Maarva's speech.

Even if he's not a force user of some variety (I truly hope that's not the case, Jedi aren't needed here), having to be face to face with the pain and suffering he wanted and thought necessary to inspire rebellion seems to have affected him, as if he had a brief moment of sorrow about causing so much pain.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#46]

One thing of note about Luthen in this episode was his attire. It's very reminiscent of the Jedi, and he did seem to be a bit distressed by the level of chaos and suffering that ensued after Maarva's speech.

Even if he's not a force user of some variety (I truly hope that's not the case, Jedi aren't needed here), having to be face to face with the pain and suffering he wanted and thought necessary to inspire rebellion seems to have affected him, as if he had a brief moment of sorrow about causing so much pain.
View Quote

I see now, Luthien is wearing robes too.   That’s pretty damming evidence….
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

IMO, Luthen being a Jedi does make sense.  He would be hiding since this is post Order 66. The Jedi worked with the Senate. The Jedi inherently know right from wrong (mostly) and try and do good for the underdog.  The Empire is run by a Sith Lord, the enemy of the Jedi. I think it would work.  The fact that it is kept under wraps is what helps it in this case.  Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By cap6888:

IMO, Luthen being a Jedi does make sense.  He would be hiding since this is post Order 66. The Jedi worked with the Senate. The Jedi inherently know right from wrong (mostly) and try and do good for the underdog.  The Empire is run by a Sith Lord, the enemy of the Jedi. I think it would work.  The fact that it is kept under wraps is what helps it in this case.  Just my 2 cents.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cap6888:

It does make some sense, but I'm really hoping that's not the case. What makes this series great is the notable absence of the Jedi.  It focuses on the normal people sacrificing everything to fight tyranny.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#49]
What changed Luthen’s mind about having Cassian killed to tie up loose ends?
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#50]

It does make some sense, but I'm really hoping that's not the case. What makes this series great is the notable absence of the Jedi.  It focuses on the normal people sacrificing everything to fight tyranny.
View Quote

I understand peoples aversion to imposing Jedi into all things SW. But I think they are part of the story that you just can’t overlook.  The Jedi and Senate went hand in hand to the end. I can appreciate that it’s not in your face Force and light sabers though.

And let’s just give it up for the post credit scene.  That. Was. Awesome.
Page / 150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top