Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 150
Posted: 9/20/2022 9:59:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-1904]
The three episode premier or Andor airs tomorrow 9/21 (or tonight at midnight Pacific time for the hardcore nerds ).
This thread is for discussing the show and, unavoidably, general bitching about the direction Disney is taking the franchise. Based on the trailers and how awesome Rogue One is, I have high hopes for this series. It can't be worse than Book of Boba Fett, right? ....Right? Like an abused spouse, I’m ready to be hurt again.

Please keep the discussion to aired episodes. If spoilers get leaked about upcoming episodes, keep that shit out of here. Likewise, if you want to talk about how people shouldn't be giving money to Disney, feel free to start your own topic about that. I don't pay for Disney plus and frankly I'm tired of hearing about it.

episode 1- 39 minutes
episode 2- 35 minutes
episode 3- 40 minutes
episode 4- 47 minutes

Andor | Official Trailer | Disney+
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:

@HeyCoach

I hate you for posting this. I can't watch the episode until tonight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
I hated the part where Ahsoka came through the World Between Worlds to save Cassian, but since we’ve seen the artifacts in Luthen’s shop it shouldn’t have been a surprise.

I’m pretty glad that Marva faked her death to setup destroying the hotel. I liked her character, but I wish that Syril didn’t kill her.

Too bad Cassian had to kill Luthen, Vel, and Cinta, but he’s got a badass ship now.

@HeyCoach

I hate you for posting this. I can't watch the episode until tonight.

Process what I wrote for a second, all of those situations would absolutely tank any sort of positive feeling that fans have for SW after BoBF, Kenobi, and the sequel trilogies.

Plus, that’d be absolutely terrible for Cassian’s story leading up to Rogue One.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By shane01:
That puts an end to the 'Stormtroopers cant hit anything' jokes
View Quote

But the Death Troopers were yet again less "Deathy"
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

Mon Milfma. Say it right, rebel scum!
View Quote

Mons Milfma.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
So. Fucking. Good.
Holy shit.
This show, 10/10.

That post credit scene... **chef’s kiss**
View Quote

At least now we know what they were making in the prison...
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
So. Fucking. Good.
Holy shit.
This show, 10/10.

That post credit scene... **chef’s kiss**

I never paid attention to see if there is a post credit.

Guess I am going back to watch the end.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Process what I wrote for a second, all of those situations would absolutely tank any sort of positive feeling that fans have for SW after BoBF, Kenobi, and the sequel trilogies.

Plus, that’d be absolutely terrible for Cassian’s story leading up to Rogue One.
View Quote

Oh I understood what you did there but fake spoilers are just as bad as real ones. :-(
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By K2QB3:

Mons Milfma.
View All Quotes

Mons Milfma.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Sooooo did any of you watch the scene at the end of the credits??
View Quote

It made a great juxtaposition to the intro for the show.  Actually, this entire show is full of that, and mirroring.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Can you still hate Disney after this? If George Lucas never sold the franchise he'd never allow such a dark story like this.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:31:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Durka-Durka] [#10]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
Can you still hate Disney after this? If George Lucas never sold the franchise he'd never allow such a dark story like this.
View Quote

I consider the writing for this show to be a mini-rebellion of its own.

Folks had lower expectations for this show. It snuck under the radar and turned out to be incredible.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:39:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#11]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

I consider the writing for this show to be a mini-rebellion of its own.

Folks had lower expectations for this show. It snuck under the radar and turned out to be incredible.
View Quote

Funny you mention it because this idea of expectations was talked about today between me and a coworker.

ANDOR IS WHERE THE BAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALL THIS TIME.

Had Disney understood this then none of the BobaFett bullshit would have happened as it did.   Obi would have had a fuckjling point rather than be a vehicle for Daddy Day Care.

Having low expectations and being happy about whatever we get is what has led to this mediocre shit where we are now.

It is like a supply/demand graph.

Starting high on the left and moving to the low right is happiness.

Starting low left and moving to the high right is expectations.

To the left of intercept between the lines is mediocrity.   To right of intercept is disappointment.

Above the intercept(high expectations and high happiness) is fucking unicorns exist type shit.   Below that (low expectations and low happiness) is depression.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Andor 1975 TV Intro (Spoilers)
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Oh I understood what you did there but fake spoilers are just as bad as real ones. :-(
View All Quotes

Sorry, but you gotta admit it was humerus. Like the arm bone.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#14]
BARKING!!!

ABC is airing the first 2 episodes on regular tv tonight, 2000 or 2100 eastern time...

In other sci fi news, Dr Who fans, today is the 59th anniversary of the show... i watched a couple Capaldi episodes this morning... They need to let it die...
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder what the ISB is going to do?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm thinking Im going to binge the season over Thanksgiving Day
What an excellent series so far
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

basically sold her daughter to the enemy  sad scene .no longer a heroic figure to me.

View All Quotes

Mons Milfma.

basically sold her daughter to the enemy  sad scene .no longer a heroic figure to me.

She did. We knew she would.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By CrimsonKing6:
I'm thinking Im going to binge the season over Thanksgiving Day
What an excellent series so far
View Quote

Better than a dog show on loop.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
arraigning marriages for political reasons is as old as human history. the daughter seems to be all for it (and did you miss where Mon is selling out her husband to cover her tracks?)
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Agreed, it's almost like they went out of their way to make a beloved OT female character as unlikeable as possible...hey wait a minute!
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

It's just an introduction.

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#23]
There was a Y-wing in the shipyard.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:
View Quote

Was there? The ship they took of in looked like it had y-wing engines.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Meh. Luthen sacrificed an entire rebel cell to further the cause. Mon Mothma’s daughter was going to eventually marry some piece of shit anyway so why not get yourself out of a jam at the same time?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Mons Milfma.

People ate their kids and sold the meat during the holodomor.  That was just for personal survival.  She's possibly giving her kid up in order to help save trillions of lives.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Yep, with gold markings.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

It was pointed out in the first episode too.

That last episode was fucking awesome! Disney needs to do more shit like this. I can't wait for season 2.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, that was some good shit.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Meh. Luthen sacrificed an entire rebel cell to further the cause. Mon Mothma’s daughter was going to eventually marry some piece of shit anyway so why not get yourself out of a jam at the same time?
View All Quotes

The dude is also an underworld leader capable of working around the system with all the associated contacts.

That could be an asset.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Mon Milfma setting up her husband to be a cover for the money was brilliant.  She knew the driver was listening in and was a spy.  She totally owned both of them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
That's quite the Sacrifice for the cause.

Give up a child to save the world Galaxy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Mon Milfma setting up her husband to be a cover for the money was brilliant.  She knew the driver was listening in and was a spy.  She totally owned both of them.
View Quote
What better way to get rid of some beta male Empire lover.

She is quite a cunning MILF.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Stillnothere:
The nude scene was a little surprising for a Disney show
View Quote

That's a side of Forest Whitaker I could have not seen....
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#35]
What an amazing, amazing first season!

I cannot believe that Andor is not doing better in ratings.  This is by far some of the best Star War content I've ever seen.  It is moving and inspiring about the human spirit to live free and overcome tyranny.  

The character development has been excellent and the world building first class.

I admit, that I'm disappointed about the lesbian couple. So far though, it has been an understated thing and not over the top.  

I guess if you don't have a bunch of colorful shit on screen like some damn Transformers movie that GEN Z and the Boomers just check out.  It will be a damn shame if season 2 isn't done and given the financial priority it should receive. I honestly believe if a Star Wars show is ever going to receive an Emmy or a Golden Globe award for acting it will be Andor.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Did anyone else get Le Miserable vines at the end of that?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#37]
I just read an article describing next season.

There will be a year jump between seasons, with 3 episode arcs between year jumps leading up to Rogue One.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

At the heart of every Jedi lightsaber is a kyber crystal found on several planets, most notably the icebound caves of Ilum. This crystal is attuned to the Force, and connected to a Jedi Knight on a deeply personal level,”
“In this way, a lightsaber is an extension of a Jedi’s Force awareness. Because Jedi let the Force guide their selection of the crystal, the vibration that the crystal creates in the lightsaber blade helps Jedi center themselves and find balance in the Force.

“In this way, a Jedi can center his or her attention beyond the distractions of combat. A lightsaber crystal is colorless until first attuned and connected to a Jedi – at which times it glows either blue or green, or in some rare instances, another shade. From that point on, it retains that hue.”

Cassian was given a blue crystal......

end of story for me.

He is a jedi.
View Quote

Speaking of, Cassian gave the Chrystal to Val to return to Luthen.  We never saw her actually deliver it, and we never saw it in Luthen's possession again.  Where is it?  Did Val keep it all this time?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
What an amazing, amazing first season!

I cannot believe that Andor is not doing better in ratings.  This is by far some of the best Star War content I've ever seen.  It is moving and inspiring about the human spirit to live free and overcome tyranny.  

The character development has been excellent and the world building first class.

I admit, that I'm disappointed about the lesbian couple. So far though, it has been an understated thing and not over the top.  

I guess if you don't have a bunch of colorful shit on screen like some damn Transformers movie that GEN Z and the Boomers just check out.  It will be a damn shame if season 2 isn't done and given the financial priority it should receive. I honestly believe if a Star Wars show is ever going to receive an Emmy or a Golden Globe award for acting it will be Andor.
View Quote

I can understand many may not want to watch it.  Star Wars fatigue might have set in, especially after Kenobi.  I mean fatigue with watching/discussing the universe when everyone's at each others' throats.  That said, I've only seen positive praise for Andor.

It's also not the typical Star Wars type of story.  With no plucky hero(ine)s, no Jedi thankfully this time, no grand adventures, and no overall positive vibes, it's more of a character (or theme) study.  It's a drama that really dives deep into what "power" and authority really is.  It also balances that off with what "sacrifice" really is as well.  It also asks the question, what does it take for someone to finally say they've had enough with authoritarianism, and what exactly does one do when that point is reached?  Also, what is the proper response to abuse of Power?  What does it take for Power to stand down or back off?  We all know this, but media is extremely shy of showing it for fears it might influence our real world.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#40]
The more I watch Andor, the more I shake my head over how Disney squandered Obi Won and especially Boba Fett. The set in Boba Fett offered so much potential, and Luthen's spy network and overall cunning provides a small taste of how Fett could and should have been portrayed as he gains real control over the city.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:
Awesome episode.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

She did a really good impression of the "shaking with Adrenalin, and I know I should have bought the farm just now... and now I'm really inappropriately horny despite where I am or who is with me, as long as they're the opposite sex".

Good acting, and she looked pretty good at that moment.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:01:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cayman_shen] [#42]
Whelp, freeze me until season 2; I can'tbear the wait. That was perfeeeeect
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
View Quote

What you wrote was more than what was actually in the episode.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By viralinsurgency:

She did a really good impression of the "shaking with Adrenalin, and I know I should have bought the farm just now... and now I'm really inappropriately horny despite where I am or who is with me, as long as they're the opposite sex".

Good acting, and she looked pretty good at that moment.
View Quote

In every episode she's got her mouth shaped weirdly so that her face looks like a fish.  In a BTS video I watched a while back, Syril was directed to look like he's got so much under his skin, it's like holding a bee in your mouth. So that's how he started acting it.  

Back to the chick, she's really beautiful. Did theater mostly and only took the role because of the story.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:
The more I watch Andor, the more I shake my head over how Disney squandered Obi Won and especially Boba Fett. The set in Boba Fett offered so much potential, and Luthen's spy network and overall cunning provides a small taste of how Fett could and should have been portrayed as he gains real control over the city.
View Quote

The whole notion that Boba was becoming a benevolent crime lord skewered it from the get go. I've watched it a couple of times now. There's some good stuff in there, but there's also enough cringe to choke out a Krayt dragon. I personally hate the idea of him being a crime boss. It wasn't new ground as they did it so much better with Maul.

Imagine Boba Fett written with the same tenacity and grit as Luthen. We got robbed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
I was really hoping to see Thrawn, even something as small as his reflection in the window of a Star Destroyer would've been great. Oh well, soon.
View Quote

I think they missed an opportunity but not having Iceheart be the ISB agent
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Just watched the finale. Awesome!
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#48]
hulu has Andor epesode 1 and 2 .
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:18:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Great episode

now I'm gonna watch Ronin

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:27:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Great episode. I might have to binge it Friday since hunting season is over.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top