Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 150
Posted: 9/20/2022 9:59:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-1904]
The three episode premier or Andor airs tomorrow 9/21 (or tonight at midnight Pacific time for the hardcore nerds ).
This thread is for discussing the show and, unavoidably, general bitching about the direction Disney is taking the franchise. Based on the trailers and how awesome Rogue One is, I have high hopes for this series. It can't be worse than Book of Boba Fett, right? ....Right? Like an abused spouse, I’m ready to be hurt again.

Please keep the discussion to aired episodes. If spoilers get leaked about upcoming episodes, keep that shit out of here. Likewise, if you want to talk about how people shouldn't be giving money to Disney, feel free to start your own topic about that. I don't pay for Disney plus and frankly I'm tired of hearing about it.

episode 1- 39 minutes
episode 2- 35 minutes
episode 3- 40 minutes
episode 4- 47 minutes

Andor | Official Trailer | Disney+
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By K2QB3:
Not Andor, but you guys might appreciate this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i571UY7n2HQ
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I get the vibe that the ship might old Sith Empire vintage
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

Yeah, I saw one of the YouTube channels I watch had a video about the last episode and I was confused by it. I didn't watch it out of caution that he was going to spoil it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:
Fair warning and a heads up for spoilers around the web. Disney apparently released the final episode to some influencers already.

Yeah, I saw one of the YouTube channels I watch had a video about the last episode and I was confused by it. I didn't watch it out of caution that he was going to spoil it.

Something really weird happened with the distribution of the final episode. I’m guessing it was leaked by someone at Disney to a specific outlet, big Disney found out, and this distribution is a leveling of the playing field. Early screeners to build hype going into a season make sense, but it makes no sense on a finale….unless they are trying to sabotage the show.

The distinctly bizarre aspect is that there was no NDA with the screener.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

Or she could be the Jedi/former padawan and he's a regular guy trying to help her.  He's her front, and the shop is his front, etc.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Serenity7:
With all the Jedi stuff in his shop I think he is a Jedi and his assistant is his padawan.
She also shows a remarkable amount of discipline and even keeps Luthen on track.
They are hiding in plain sight like Mon Mothma.
Other Jedi helped the rebels. Ashoka, Obi-Wan, Yoda in a way, Luke, Kanan. All the Jedi were not dead just in hiding.
I hope they are and the last episode lights it up.

Or she could be the Jedi/former padawan and he's a regular guy trying to help her.  He's her front, and the shop is his front, etc.
Interesting.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#5]

I thought the lightsabers on the sides was jumping the shark.  Only thing I didn't like about that scene.
View All Quotes
I want luthens ship.

I thought the lightsabers on the sides was jumping the shark.  Only thing I didn't like about that scene.
There is nothing really to indicate that they were "lightsabers" other than they were red beams. They made no "lightsaber noise" when deployed, they were coherent and stable beams like an actual laser, where lightsabers have a pulsing/shimmering effect, as well as edge diffusion. For all we know, they are repurposed industrial lasers being used as weapons as we saw with the "seismic charges" carried by Slave 1. They might even be standard equipment on Fondor Haulcraft for things like de-icing docking ports/pads, or clearing away debris, or the emergency severing of cargo tow cables.

Did we even see that the beams had endpoints? IIRC, they shot off the edge of the screen.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Something really weird happened with the distribution of the final episode. I'm guessing it was leaked by someone at Disney to a specific outlet, big Disney found out, and this distribution is a leveling of the playing field. Early screeners to build hype going into a season make sense, but it makes no sense on a finale .unless they are trying to sabotage the show.

View Quote
I haven't seen it in the wild yet if it has leaked. Its not on any of the chinese streaming sites that I monitor, and they are quick to post new content. I checked a few torrent sites last night and it wasn't on them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:

Did we even see that the beams had endpoints? IIRC, they shot off the edge of the screen.
View Quote

Indeed, as I remember it also.

No doubt a stylistic choice in order to get people talking.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't seen it in the wild yet if it has leaked. Its not on any of the chinese streaming sites that I monitor, and they are quick to post new content. I checked a few torrent sites last night and it wasn't on them.
View All Quotes

Something really weird happened with the distribution of the final episode. I'm guessing it was leaked by someone at Disney to a specific outlet, big Disney found out, and this distribution is a leveling of the playing field. Early screeners to build hype going into a season make sense, but it makes no sense on a finale .unless they are trying to sabotage the show.

It was a sanctioned and controlled distribution by Disney.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By gotigers:
Luthen’s piloting skills were a magnitude better than most rebel pilots weve seen.

He could be just good or well trained, but i think better than that. Him having a light saber blatantly shoved in our face is probably a tell.
View Quote

Han flew at the same level as did others in the Falcon.

I saw nothing in the flying that screamed force user but the staff is a lightsaber and he most likely can use it well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#10]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/confused-britney-spears--83.gif

No, those movies don't exist.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
Plenty of evidence of great pilots in SW that are not force users: Han Solo, Wedge Antilles, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian, Antoc Merrick, Poe Dameron, just to name a few. Luthan doesn't need force powers to have great flying skills.

Correct
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Correct
View All Quotes
Plenty of evidence of great pilots in SW that are not force users: Han Solo, Wedge Antilles, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian, Antoc Merrick, Poe Dameron, just to name a few. Luthan doesn't need force powers to have great flying skills.

Correct

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/20/2022 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Yes, the sequals are Mando and BoBF... not good, not terrible.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#13]
There is nothing really to indicate that they were "lightsabers" other than they were red beams. They made no "lightsaber noise" when deployed, they were coherent and stable beams like an actual laser, where lightsabers have a pulsing/shimmering effect, as well as edge diffusion. For all we know, they are repurposed industrial lasers being used as weapons as we saw with the "seismic charges" carried by Slave 1. They might even be standard equipment on Fondor Haulcraft for things like de-icing docking ports/pads, or clearing away debris, or the emergency severing of cargo tow cables.

View Quote

Well, they were in the vacuum of space.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By user4574:

View All Quotes

Thats something nearly all sci-fi gets wrong. All space action should be silent, but that is boring, so they still add sound effects for the lasers, blasters, torpedoes, engines and other devices.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Thats something nearly all sci-fi gets wrong. All space action should be silent, but that is boring, so they still add sound effects for the lasers, blasters, torpedoes, engines and other devices.
View All Quotes

It's just like how every modern rifle or pistol needs to make metallic clicking noises as it's brought level. It's Hollywood rules
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I imagine Luthien is a "force sensitive" like Han Solo and Lando. What people think is incredible skill or luck is them tapping into the force unconsciously.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I just rewatched the haulcraft scene at half speed. The beams definitely do not look or sound like lightsaber blades
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Curious what torrent sites are good.  I used to be really up on things but now just use piratebay.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 8:25:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#19]

View All Quotes
I want luthens ship.

Star Wars Rebels - B-Wing vs. Imperial Blockade [1080p]

Doubt it's a sith ship or lightsaber blades, I also doubt Luthen in a Sith or a Jedi or force sensitive.  I'm willing to bet it's a form of Composite-Beam Laser cannon powered by the ship's hyperdrive like the Prototype B6 that was built by Quarrie on Shantipole and was the precursor to the A/SF-01 B-wing Heavy Assault Starfighter that would eventually be manufactured by Slayn & Korpil.

The production B-Wings did not have the Composite-Beam Laser cannon, only the prototype. But it's entirely possible that technology was added to the Haulcraft used by Luthen.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

Correct

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168740/5F706583-D6C4-427A-906B-FD1387A21118_jpe-2607881.JPG

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#21]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA3o_UpFn7E

Doubt it's a sith ship or lightsaber blades, I also doubt Luthen in a Sith or a Jedi or force sensitive.  I'm willing to bet it's a form of Composite-Beam Laser cannon powered by the ship's hyperdrive like the Prototype B6 that was built by Quarrie on Shantipole and was the precursor to the A/SF-01 B-wing Heavy Assault Starfighter that would eventually be manufactured by Slayn & Korpil.

The production B-Wings did not have the Composite-Beam Laser cannon, only the prototype. But it's entirely possible that technology was added to the Haulcraft used by Luthen.
View Quote

off-topic but the b-wing prototype plot in Rebels was ridiculous.  That thing was so overpowered.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By NPOwned:
I imagine Luthien is a "force sensitive" like Han Solo and Lando. What people think is incredible skill or luck is them tapping into the force unconsciously.
View Quote

Things like the Force and "luck" are no match for someone with a plan, some skill, and of course a blaster at your side.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

off-topic but the b-wing prototype plot in Rebels was ridiculous.  That thing was so overpowered.
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA3o_UpFn7E

The ROTJ B-Wing was also supposed to be overpowered. I actually liked the Prototype B6 version of it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

In the X-Wing game they were baller, and that's mid 90's.  Now, you want overpowered?  Imperial Assault Gunboats, those were the shit in TIE fighter!  
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 10:55:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By blueballs:

Curious what torrent sites are good.  I used to be really up on things but now just use piratebay.
View All Quotes

rarbg is decent for a mainstream/public site. TPB or the many proxy sites are a shadow of their former selves. I'm not cool enough to be in the private or invite-only sites that have the good shit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

In the X-Wing game they were baller, and that's mid 90's.  Now, you want overpowered?  Imperial Assault Gunboats, those were the shit in TIE fighter!  
View All Quotes

The Missile Boat! Once you got that, every mission was a cakewalk. Carry a full load of 80 advanced missiles and equip a decoy to divert its energy into the engine and use the SLAM drive so you get crazy fast speed. You can wipe out dozens of fighters with ease and strip capitals ships of all of their weapon turrets.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#27]
The Missile Boat! Once you got that, every mission was a cakewalk. Carry a full load of 80 advanced missiles and equip a decoy to divert its energy into the engine and use the SLAM drive so you get crazy fast speed. You can wipe out dozens of fighters with ease and strip capitals ships of all of their weapon turrets.
View Quote

My man!  You know how to get all the Vader secret missions done and get your tattoos!
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#28]
With Disney + going up $30 a year, i just canceled.

I will wait for all the shows i want to be done and get it for a month.

Disney + value is no where near that price.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#29]
LMAO
Will be a lot of cancellations.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By gotigers:
With Disney + going up $30 a year, i just canceled.

I will wait for all the shows i want to be done and get it for a month.

Disney + value is no where near that price.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/200035/Capture_JPG-2608690.JPG
View Quote

What I read is it will stay the same price if you are willing to see ads. The "premium" is $3/month more for ad-free content.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#31]

Things like the Force and "luck" are no match for someone with a plan, some skill, and of course a blaster at your side.
View Quote

you can have skill and luck
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#32]
rarbg is decent for a mainstream/public site. TPB or the many proxy sites are a shadow of their former selves. I'm not cool enough to be in the private or invite-only sites that have the good shit.
View All Quotes

Just use Kodi with Seren and a cheap RD account.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
I get the vibe that the ship might old Sith Empire vintage
View Quote

Agreed. Spok would approve
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Now I want to play those games. Loved them as a kid.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#35]

My man!  You know how to get all the Vader secret missions done and get your tattoos!
View All Quotes

Not to derail the thread topic, but you guys know there is a total conversion for Xwing Alliance with updated graphics and VR support right?  Can play either the original Xwing or TIE Fighter campaigns on there.

X-Wing Alliance - gameplay - XWAXFMod 2022 - No Commentary
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Andor 1975 TV Intro (Spoilers)
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Pccq0DZVc
View Quote

Very good
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Show is terrible. Women in charge everywhere showing the males up, female leaders hyped up by the beta males, then they go lesbo. Then they kill off the minorities. Seems like they watched FireFly and liked the light sky scene and how Mal would just walk up and shoot you, no hesitation. Cassian dude is like a short statured, short tempered ritalin popping thief that like murdering. What's next, Cassian does a job for Jobba the hut and Han and Chewie fly his somewhere, ie, the cargo they lost is Cassians? May as well, because he dies in the other movie by that time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TaxPayer77:
Show is terrible. Women in charge everywhere showing the males up, female leaders hyped up by the beta males, then they go lesbo. Then they kill off the minorities. Seems like they watched FireFly and liked the light sky scene and how Mal would just walk up and shoot you, no hesitation. Cassian dude is like a short statured, short tempered ritalin popping thief that like murdering. What's next, Cassian does a job for Jobba the hut and Han and Chewie fly his somewhere, ie, the cargo they lost is Cassians? May as well, because he dies in the other movie by that time.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Maybe you'll be more happy watching reruns of Golden Girls
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Elite team going to rob 200 billion in credits to finance the entire rebel alliance, sure, let's send a kid writing a novel, couple of lesbos, a guy that would sell us out immediatley, and a new guy we never heard of, and combined the whole team might be able to do 10 pushups, yet the commander dude can just walk out of the base to the fake farm hideout to collaborate with no one knowing, yet they have to hike all night to get there and make a fire to give away their position.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Our enemy is too arrogant, let's use their old comms, they'll never figure that one out when we cut their comms.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#46]
They started off right, space hookers and gun fights, it went downhill fast after that.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Our enemy is too arrogant, let's use their old comms, they'll never figure that one out when we cut their comms.
View Quote

They started off right, space hookers and gun fights, it went downhill fast after that.
View Quote

Jebus if you don't like it so much find another thread to drop opinion-turds into
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Jebus if you don't like it so much find another thread to drop opinion-turds into
View Quote

He can't. Have you ever read the drivel that he posts? It's all weapons grade retarded
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#50]
They've ruined the franchise after, Prequels, Obi Wan and the Bob dude, I'm kind of rootin' for the Empire at this point, they steal the plot lines and themes from Serenititty (rob the payroll vault) etc, what's next, Millenium Falcon flying through Reaver territory to drop off Vulcan ambassadors by a Replicant?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top