Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 150
Posted: 9/20/2022 9:59:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-1904]
The three episode premier or Andor airs tomorrow 9/21 (or tonight at midnight Pacific time for the hardcore nerds ).
This thread is for discussing the show and, unavoidably, general bitching about the direction Disney is taking the franchise. Based on the trailers and how awesome Rogue One is, I have high hopes for this series. It can't be worse than Book of Boba Fett, right? ....Right? Like an abused spouse, I’m ready to be hurt again.

Please keep the discussion to aired episodes. If spoilers get leaked about upcoming episodes, keep that shit out of here. Likewise, if you want to talk about how people shouldn't be giving money to Disney, feel free to start your own topic about that. I don't pay for Disney plus and frankly I'm tired of hearing about it.

episode 1- 39 minutes
episode 2- 35 minutes
episode 3- 40 minutes
episode 4- 47 minutes

Andor | Official Trailer | Disney+
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll watch it. Hopefully they don't have him struggle with his conscience and just wreck people without thought. How Mando was initially. But like the OP, abused spouse syndrome is in full effect.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:21:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
Ill be watching
View Quote

I paid 1.99 for a month for disney might as well check it out
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:31:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Not watching.  I will wait for you guys to review it.  If it sounds good I might watch it.  I am sure KK will fuck it up like everything else she touches.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
it'll have to be better than that POS Kenobi was
View Quote

Why was obi wan kenobi bad?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Looking forward to it. Buddy of mine who’s a tougher critic than I am watched the first ep and said it was great.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tct1000:
pass.  waiting for the big headed flute playing alien @ Jaba's bar, back story
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Rhinodog:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rhinodog:
Originally Posted By tct1000:
pass.  waiting for the big headed flute playing alien @ Jaba's bar, back story

HE HAS A NAME YOU FILTHY CASUALS: Figrin D’an.

I’m waiting for the Nien Nunb 8 part backstory.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Firey Figrin Dan!
Here, I’ll provide Disney a free idea: a comedy series based on the mishaps and shenanigans of Figrin Dan as he struggles between gigs across the galaxy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TooBigToFail:

Oh god I must have watched that 100 times as a kid.  If I were to watch it again today my brain may explode.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TooBigToFail:

Oh god I must have watched that 100 times as a kid.  If I were to watch it again today my brain may explode.

I tried watching that with my daughter a few months ago because I loved it as a kid and she looked at me and hoped right out. It did not she well I couldn’t watch it.

I am however stoked for Andor and can’t wait to get home to watch it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By spork:
When does the gonk droid get his own show?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By C-ham:
I'll watch it. Hopefully they don't have him struggle with his conscience and just wreck people without thought. How Mando was initially. But like the OP, abused spouse syndrome is in full effect.
View Quote

You won’t have to worry about that, based on the first five minutes haha
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#12]
The rumor is its extremely woke. All the men are bumbling idiots who walk around with the same dumb look they had Kenobi wear while the women plot and battle it out. Kathleen Kennedy had her labia all over this.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Really liked Rouge One and really want to see this but I also don't want to support Disney until they fix their woke agenda. I'll wait for the final reviews and if it isn't a woke I might watch it on someone else's account.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
The rumor is its extremely woke. All the men are bumbling idiots who walk around with the same dumb look they had Kenobi wear while the women plot and battle it out. Kathleen Kennedy had her labia all over this.
View Quote

Not as of the first couple episodes.

I’d say it’s more ‘adult oriented’ in that it’s slower and more deliberate.

My kids love watching Star Wars stuff but I’m guessing they’ll be bored with this one, at least early on
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:

Not as of the first couple episodes.

I’d say it’s more ‘adult oriented’ in that it’s slower and more deliberate.

My kids love watching Star Wars stuff but I’m guessing they’ll be bored with this one, at least early on
View Quote

That's good to know. perhaps they will do it right this time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#16]
And we just got our first implied Star Wars sex scene
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

It’s PG rated right? My daughter wants to watch this but she won’t be able to if it’s too adult.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Well, they were talking about how its a "Trumpian world" that they were building in the show, so probably.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Can you purchase them without signing up for Disney?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:21:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#20]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

It’s PG rated right? My daughter wants to watch this but she won’t be able to if it’s too adult.
View Quote

Disney implemented ratings filters into the service so they can have adult content. If it is PG then maybe it won’t be a full on child’s program. There is hope. Rebellions are built on hope.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:25:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pair_of_ACES] [#21]

View All Quotes

I think all Star Wars content at this point is essentially pg13. I know Mando and Fett were, as is Rogue One on which this is based/connected.

Other than one ‘crap’ and one ‘bastard’ plus some mild kissing and what adults would catch on as an implied sex scene, there’s nothing.

But I know my kids will find it boring so far. The dialogue is well written and it’s a good story.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#22]

I think all Star Wars content at this point is essentially pg13. I know Mando and Fett were, as is Rogue One on which this is based/connected.

Other than one ‘crap’ and one ‘bastard’ plus some mild kissing and what adults would catch on as an implied sex scene, there’s nothing.

But I know my kids will find it boring so far. The dialogue is well written and it’s a good story.
View All Quotes

Then my daughter will probably lose interest in it like she did with BOBF.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By skid2041:
View Quote

Yeah.  OP said something how he’s not paying for Disney + but is still watching it
Other that going to someone else’s house, how is it possible to watch without paying the Disney subscription?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#24]
And we’ve got ‘shit’ used for the first time in Star Wars
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:04:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pair_of_ACES] [#25]

View All Quotes

Yes I would call this much slower than Boba Fett, though by Ep 3 it picks up pretty good
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

Yeah.  OP said something how he’s not paying for Disney + but is still watching it
Other that going to someone else’s house, how is it possible to watch without paying the Disney subscription?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By skid2041:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:08:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#28]
... how is it possible to watch without paying the Disney subscription?
View Quote

There are various websites and methods out there that one can find/download/stream the show without paying for it. However discussing those sites here may be verboten per the CoC since they're possible illegal streaming/torrent/upload sites.

For those who have watched the first episode was their subtitles for the few flashback parts where the tribe was speaking a "foreign language"? The closed captioning I saw in the few minutes of the show I was able to catch didn't have any English language on screen during that flash back tribe scene. I couldn't understand what they were saying during that particular scene.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sbhaven:

There are various websites and methods out there that one can find/download/stream the show without paying for it. However discussing those sites here may be verboten per the CoC since they're possible illegal streaming/torrent/upload sites.

For those who have watched the first episode was their subtitles for the few flashback parts where the tribe was speaking a "foreign language"? The closed captioning I saw in the few minutes of the show I was able to catch didn't have any English language on screen during that flash back tribe scene. I couldn't understand what they were saying during that particular scene.
View Quote

Even in the subtitles it just says ‘speaking ____’ - you didn’t miss anything, it’s just context clues.

All in all the first three episodes were relatively slow, but if there are 12 in total then I prefer it that way. Younger viewers (like my 5 and 7 year olds) will likely find it slow and boring if they’re expecting a Mando or even Fett-esque show.

Some interesting characters so far - I like the overzealous cop and the scrapyard worker guy.

Interesting in that Star Wars has now given us 1) it’s first implied sex scene 2) it’s first use of ‘shit’ on screen, and 3) what looked like it might have been the first instance of reloading/chambering a blaster.

As an adult who prefers more story and less action, I’m intrigued. I like the grungy dark alley part of Star Wars, not the swords and samurai crap, so I’m hoping this one will be pretty good..

Oh and no ‘woke’ anything. There are male and female characters, some strong some weak, white and minority characters, again some strong some weak. Ignore anyone who argues otherwise, they’re just looking for something to bitch about

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
it'll have to be better than that POS Kenobi was
View Quote

no... no it doesn't. it could be worse.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Lucifer_Sam:

Well, they were talking about how its a "Trumpian world" that they were building in the show, so probably.
View All Quotes

One actress said that, that was her view.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Just finished episode 3, it’s a bit slow but I have no real complaints. Looking forward to seeing the rest.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

Is that Kubiak from Parker Lewis Can’t Lose?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
Originally Posted By Sturmgewehr-58:
Originally Posted By cwm1150:
Not thrilled with that actor.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81535/203760e512316963e70b78e2ac90d4cf-2533756.jpg

Is that Kubiak from Parker Lewis Can’t Lose?

Button from Open Range.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

View All Quotes

I’m not seeing it so far. In fact the idea of the small, armed resistance standing up to massive government abuse and overreach is something most of us here, I’d think, would enjoy watching on-screen
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Just finished episode 3, it’s a bit slow but I have no real complaints. Looking forward to seeing the rest.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By cwm1150:
Not thrilled with that actor.
View Quote

Looks like the same guy in the Narcos series on Netflix.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Only saw the first three episodes, but damn...this is what I've missed for the last few decades.

Star Wars that isn't full of callbacks. References. Shitty humor. Childish plots. Black and white characters.

We have actual plot. Endless shades of grey. No stupid ominous foreshadowing, and no deus ex machina. It actually feels like there's a hint of authenticity, of the minor petty bullshit that starts history rolling. Random chance, built up grievances, stupid decisions..and then the boulder is off and running downhill.

This is by far the best Star Wars since Rogue One, period. Mandalorian at its absolute best comes close, but this feels like an actual story. Written by adults, for adults.

I can't help but suspect that Kennedy had nothing to do with the production, except an agreement to stick her name on it in exchange for fucking right off into the distance.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By WesJanson:
Only saw the first three episodes, but damn...this is what I've missed for the last few decades.

Star Wars that isn't full of callbacks. References. Shitty humor. Childish plots. Black and white characters.

We have actual plot. Endless shades of grey. No stupid ominous foreshadowing, and no deus ex machina. It actually feels like there's a hint of authenticity, of the minor petty bullshit that starts history rolling. Random chance, built up grievances, stupid decisions..and then the boulder is off and running downhill.

This is by far the best Star Wars since Rogue One, period. Mandalorian at its absolute best comes close, but this feels like an actual story. Written by adults, for adults.

I can't help but suspect that Kennedy had nothing to do with the production, except an agreement to stick her name on it in exchange for fucking right off into the distance.
View Quote

That’s a great synopsis.

I just finished watching the episodes. Really enjoying it so far. Not super kid friendly- the first episode starts with a straight up murder outside a whore house. My boys are 10 and 12 and I’d say it’s just baaarely appropriate for them. The “sex scene” is just some kissing beforehand and a woman waking up in bed the next morning. I think Anakin and Padme rolling around an Naboo in Ep. 2 was more explicit.
So, yeah, great start to what is hopefully a great series. “Slow burn” is a good way to describe it. Nothing remotely ‘woke’. Looking forward to more.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:09:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-1904] [#40]

The only streaming service I actually pay for is Netflix. And that goes back to when I was getting DVDs in the mail.
I have disney, Hulu, hbo, prime, etc. thanks to friends and family willing to share their passwords. If you don’t have friends like that, there’s always life on the high seas.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#41]
First episode:
-CGI was meh. Everything else production wise is 10x the other shows.
-Starts off in a brothel. So long "Star Wars is for kids."
-No kid is going to connect with this. It's a 13+ show even if just for the pacing. It's slooow.
-It feels too removed from all of the other shows/movies. The tech and settings feel very different. Even more Blade Runner than Rogue One was.
-It does capture that 70's look of the original in many of the city shots. The set design is so much better than TBOBF it's night and day.
-The acting is obviously a big step up from the other SW D+ shows so far. Really highlights how poor casting has been.
-So far it's a police procedural?
-Very little story so far, just introing characters.

Looks like another story than should be told in two hours instead of 6. We'll see.

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By texas_mustang_01:
First episode:
-CGI was meh. Everything else production wise is 10x the other shows.
-Starts off in a brothel. So long "Star Wars is for kids."
-No kid is going to connect with this. It's a 13+ show even if just for the pacing. It's slooow.
-It feels too removed from all of the other shows/movies. The tech and settings feel very different. Even more Blade Runner than Rogue One was.
-It does capture that 70's look of the original in many of the city shots. The set design is so much better than TBOBF it's night and day.
-The acting is obviously a big step up from the other SW D+ shows so far. Really highlights how poor casting has been.
-So far it's a police procedural?
-Very little story so far, just introing characters.

Looks like another story than should be told in two hours instead of 6. We'll see.

View Quote

OWK had some cities that were very much Blade Runner like. It could be a tie in and repurposing of sets.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Since they dropped the first 3 at nce, they shoulda just made it 1.5 hours, since it's basically the origin story for andor.  
Ep 4 will probably be where the empire intrigue starts.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Big thumbs up from me.

Much less "hokey" than the other series so far.

Has that raw Star Wars universe feel like we got in Rogue One.

Character development is FAR better than we've seen in other series.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#45]
I like it so far
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:35:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DH243] [#47]
Originally Posted By JAR0023:
Rewatched Rogue One last week to prep.   Cast looks like this could be good.   Hoping it's darker and more serious than the other recent SW spin offs.
View Quote

Umm, he died in rogue one.  You should watch series, then rogue one, lol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#48]
So it looks like Andor and The Mandalorian are going to carry Star Wars.

Just finished watching Andor and holy hell it's good.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:59:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#49]
Top shelf adult Star Wars. Gritty describes it best.

Solid character development. Disney don’t fuck this up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Top shelf adult Star Wars. Gritty describes it best.

Solid character development. Disney don't fuck this up.
View Quote
I was not going to watch it.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top