Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 9/19/2022 9:19:34 AM EDT
Obesity, drug use, health problems, crime and academic issues jeopardize US military recruitment

The fact is the pool of Americans aged 17-24 who are qualified and interested in serving continues to shrink. When I was secretary of the Army in 2018, 71% of these 34 million young people could not meet the military’s entry requirements due mostly to obesity, drug use, physical and mental health problems, and criminal misconduct. Four years later, that number is even higher. Further, of the 23% eligible to serve today, another 10% don’t meet the military’s academic standards. Worse, of the 3.5 million young Americans remaining, only 9% (~320,000) have a proclivity to serve. A nation of 332 million people should do better than that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Let's go Brandon...
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let's go Brandon...
View Quote

Did you read it? Has a lot more to do with stuff other than creepy uncle joe
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#3]
And they’ll blame “extremism” instead of acknowledging that woke leadership is responsible for the decline.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quick, double down on the trans wokeness to help drum up more recruits and label everyone terrorists when they don't join.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I encouraged my older boy to join under Trump. He did. I tried to convince my younger son NOT to go in under Biden. He's currently in.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#7]
The only way to save it is to move the Pentagon far from Washington, but glwt.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#8]
How'd the #s look under trump?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's go Brandon...

The Democratic Party and Joe is the head of it
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The only way to save it is to move the Pentagon far from Washington, but glwt.
View Quote

A mass culling is required, there are people within the organization that’s whole purpose is to attend meetings.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#11]
it just means when its go time, there will be a draft for sure...
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How'd the #s look under trump?
View Quote

Exactly the same.  The population pool didn’t somehow change because Orange Julius was in DC.

The problem trends in the military started in 1945.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a feeling if that occurs so many will say 'fuck that' it will reach the level of "they can't jail us all" that I would wager 70-80% of those sent draft letters would refuse.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

A draft always brings this country together.

The draft is slavery IMO
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#15]
One of my bigger regrets was not joining the military. At the time I likely would have been deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan. After watching Afghanistan fall, I've become happier with my decision.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have a feeling if that occurs so many will say 'fuck that' it will reach the level of "they can't jail us all" that I would wager 70-80% of those sent draft letters would refuse.
View Quote

See how many refuse when they start shooting folks for non-compliance.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A draft always brings this country together.

The draft is slavery IMO
View Quote

It is a necessary means of survival for a people.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they will be shot back, not enough of them to go around when they start dropping.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's go Brandon...

Maybe not all him alone but the decline in the country and the quality of its people can be laid at the feet of the deliberate efforts of the left over the last half of century.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Democratic Party and Joe is the figure head of it
View Quote

FIFY.  Joe is just a sock puppet.

SSDD, same as the Hollow Army after Vietnam.  My 20 man tank platoon had 8 men including me at one point.  
My Plt. Sgt was a convicted child abuser that spent his weekends in the county jail.
Another Plt. SGT was an involuntary reclassified cook.  He was so fat; he could not get in a tank.  He went to the field sitting on top of the turret with his legs in the loaders hatch.  This was C company, 1-77 AR, 2nd Brigade, 4th Inf Di, Ft. Carson CO.

Fuck Q, I predicted this when FGB invaded Iraq.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I encouraged my older boy to join under Trump. He did. I tried to convince my younger son NOT to go in under Biden. He's currently in.
View Quote

I got out when zero got elected.. the army today is not the one I served in at the beginning of the century. 2 completely different things.
If my kinds don't want to join I'm not gonna shed any tears, I'm sure they can come up with enough diversity to make up for it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Our greatest threats are internal, not external.

If anything, our military's shift left might make them a threat per se, moreso than a lack of true fighting volunteers make us weak internationally. And maybe it's both, not either/or.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Well our public education system has been indoctrinating kids into being ashamed of their country, can't be surprised when they don't want to serve it.

Plus look who's in charge.

Plus welfare benefits are almost as good as enlisted pay.

Plus weed be legal, yo
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I’ve been saying this for a while. There aren’t enough trannys. That’s why the left is so he’ll bent on grooming kids. So they can build the future tranny army.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
And they’ll blame “extremism” instead of acknowledging that woke leadership is responsible for the decline.
View Quote

It's been on a steady downslope for 30+ years, only popping in the year or so after 9/11.

It's historically got nothing to do with woke leadership (though that reaaaalllly isn't helping, and is a problem* on it's own), and everything to do with the decay of civil society.  Unhealthy living, poor education, criminality, lack of service ethic, etc, etc.  You could replace the leadership with Manly 'Merican Men tomorrow, and it wouldn't reverse the decline, because the decline doesn't originate in the military.

*-shitting all over the traditionally pro-military demographics is not the best move, for instance.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who would do the shooting of CITIZENS?  The same military that is doing the draft?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#27]
You go ahead and let your kids be abandoned to die in some shithole by our corrupt government, I'm no longer interested.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your an optimist.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#29]
My buddy says:

"Lol ¡ .mil integrity. Hypocrites don't have a leg to stand on since Project 100,000. I'd say shit has rolled uphill quite far and has festered there for a long time. How about cleaning up the staff ranks before worrying too much about the recruitment pool."
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

But this time, with women!  How can you draft fake women into the .mil and not draft real women too?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You go ahead and let your kids be abandoned to die in some shithole by our corrupt government, I'm no longer interested.
View Quote
/thread
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The draft is slavery IMO
View Quote

By that logic the all-voluntold Department of Defence is little more than a Federally funded Department of mercenaries with no civil rights that are held accountable to a completely different legal system.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#33]
But they won't get vaccinated!
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#34]
If there is a draft then everyone has to put in the same amount of time. No special treatment or assignments. If your 90 year old grandmother didn't serve then she goes to the front lines.  Same rules apply to government people.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Who wants to be cannon fodder for a bunch of mentally deranged queers, trannies and pedos? Or in ultimately useless military escapades?

This country is becoming increasingly not worth serving or fighting for.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#36]
I'd wager it has more to do with the us government getting into pointless wars for profit and giving shit care to veterans
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#37]
It all makes sense when you realize who they view as the enemy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Kicking out tons of eligible people because of the woke poke isn’t helping
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

We would be absolutely fine at pre-Brandon numbers with a conflict in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
They'll be fighting a war against the American people If they try.  I will absolutely fire on the us army if they threaten my children.  I'll do a hell of a lot more than that too.  I'll be going after the ones who gave them the mission .     You hear that NSA?  I mean it.    Draft for anything less than a military invasion of North America means revolution.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ah yes, the fair weather patriotism GD is known for.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm gonna want to see the other country's brochure before I get behind my blade of grass with a rifle at this point. So, no I don't blame anyone for not joining.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not "fair weather patriotism" its a desire to serve under a leader who genuinely cares about our country, vs a leader who works to undermine and destroy it.

There's a difference
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They'll be fighting a war against the American people If they try.  I will absolutely fire on the us army if they threaten my children.  I'll do a hell of a lot more than that too.  I'll be going after the ones who gave them the mission .     You hear that NSA?  I mean it.    Draft for anything less than a military invasion of North America means revolution.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#46]
All by design.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Kicking out tons of eligible people because of the woke poke isn’t helping
View Quote

Those people are politically unreliable.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Somehow “boomers” will be blamed for the useless generations that followed the hated boomers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly what we need to avoid...

Is the senior military leadership a bunch of cucks? Yes. Do we have some heinous indoctrination at the direction of the POTUS? Yes. That will change, just the same as it did from the Clinton years.

I didn't push my son, it was his choice. He Enlisted in the Infantry for our State's National Guard, earned a ROTC scholarship an was commissioned an Infantry 2LT last year and is currently a platoon leader. He's about as far right as you can go for a Constitutional Conservative, but we still need to push the right-minded kids and leaders to volunteer and serve.

You can't just be a patriot when the conditions are favorable, you need to do it when the shit sucks, when it isn't easy, when you're discriminated against, when you're targeted, when you're not welcomed. Welcome to the world of the Patriot in the face of adversity. We have way too many sitting on the sidelines, waiting for someone else to make the hard decisions and when someone else does, they criticize them.

Yes, our main threat is domestic right now, but the no-action critics on the conservative right are just as dangerous as the Marxist's on the left.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's Right.

You think you'll take my boys to die in Ukraine?

To Die in Taiwan?

GTFO

GD can say whatever it wants but no government has the right to sacrifice your life for political objectives.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top