BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It doesnt say +p on the box.

Just got back from the range with my new -P, and it didnt run for shit. im kinda pissed. Going to order a new extractor spring or 10 and see if that helps. First two mags ran flawlessly, and after that it went downhill with double feeds and double feeds with an empty in there.
View Quote

Braced? If so, what model?
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Braced? If so, what model?
View Quote

yes, braced. ap5-p. was hoping I'd get a good one as my full size runs like a top. have 560 rounds through my fullsize and not one failure of any kind.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Model of brace..
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

yes, braced. ap5-p. was hoping I'd get a good one as my full size runs like a top. have 560 rounds through my fullsize and not one failure of any kind.
View Quote
@68MUDSTUD

If it's the SB brace, your hammer strut may be hitting the brace, it's a common source of malfs with the K models and that brace, basically a design flaw in the brace.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MP5/comments/xq0ksl/ap5p_finally_fixed_after_900_rounds_of_failures/
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Copy that, ordered some sig +p to try. thanks.
View Quote
... expect to be surprised.

PS will you report back? Grateful you followed suggestion, but I do want to know if it helped you!
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@68MUDSTUD

If it's the SB brace, your hammer strut may be hitting the brace, it's a common source of malfs with the K models and that brace, basically a design flaw in the brace.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MP5/comments/xq0ksl/ap5p_finally_fixed_after_900_rounds_of_failures/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@68MUDSTUD

Holy crap, just checked and sure enough! Thanks!

Quoted:
... expect to be surprised.

PS will you report back? Grateful you followed suggestion, but I do want to know if it helped you!

Will report back tomorrow after fixing brace.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@68MUDSTUD

View Quote

My SB Brace had that flaw.

Fixed it quick with a Dremel.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bet that is what I ran into with my AP5-P a couple of weeks ago. Lucky me had my eForm 1 approved on Thursday, so I ordered the Choate US-made side-folding stock for it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bet that is what I ran into with my AP5-P a couple of weeks ago. Lucky me had my eForm 1 approved on Thursday, so I ordered the Choate US-made side-folding stock for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long did your form take? I’m going to send mine off soon.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#10]
well, took my ap5-p to the range today after a ground out a bit of the sbtac brace. It did do better, but still not great. might still be hitting, but I dont think so.Will have to wait a few weeks before I can take it to the range again.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:09:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How long did your form take? I'm going to send mine off soon.
View Quote
They've been trending lower and lower lately.  most recent ones were 1-2 months.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How long did your form take? I’m going to send mine off soon.
View Quote

@Paulie771 35 days
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I decided to go to the range today to see if swapping the brace with the endcap worked. It did not. 3 jams in one mag. guess I'll just wait for new extractor springs and +p ammo.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#14]
My AP5P was a tad finicky during the first 500 rounds.

I was hesitant to switch out too much before that but was planning on changing amything necessary after that point.

Since that point (most rounds fired were AAC 124gr), it has settled down into almost boring reliability.

Fired 150 rounds the other night in semi and binary with no issues.

I would say give it a little time and ammo.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Already have an Obsidian 45 in jail, but I decided to throw a CGS Mod9SK in jail too with the intention of dedicating it to my MP5s.  

Based on my last eform4s, I should be able to report back on it sometime in June of next year.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My AP5P was a tad finicky during the first 500 rounds.

I was hesitant to switch out too much before that but was planning on changing amything necessary after that point.

Since that point (most rounds fired were AAC 124gr), it has settled down into almost boring reliability.

Fired 150 rounds the other night in semi and binary with no issues.

I would say give it a little time and ammo.
View Quote

I have almost 1000 rounds through this thing already. it's starting to get expensive...
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@Paulie771 35 days
View Quote
Thanks!  Not too bad.  Probably submit mine on my next pay day. Anyone have the measurements for an AP5 w/ an A2 stock?
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Just got back from the range with the AP5 Core w/SB tactical brace.    Ran 230 rounds of 124gr ammo through it.  Primarily S&B SB9B but some CCI Blazer Brass as well.   Ran flawlessly.

Waiting on some replacement parts for the MKE picatinny rail.   A couple nuts were not threaded so I couldn't attach it.   Atlantic Firearms said they will ship replacements.

Overall pretty happy with it.   Super smooth shooter (as most of you already know).
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thanks!  Not too bad.  Probably submit mine on my next pay day. Anyone have the measurements for an AP5 w/ an A2 stock?
View Quote

Ill measure for you tonight or tomorrow if no one comes through before that
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Overall length is about 26.5 inches with the A2.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is that MKE ammo +P?
View Quote

Doesnt say it but it shoots great
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Overall length is about 26.5 inches with the A2.
View Quote
Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Already have an Obsidian 45 in jail, but I decided to throw a CGS Mod9SK in jail too with the intention of dedicating it to my MP5s.  

Based on my last eform4s, I should be able to report back on it sometime in June of next year.
View Quote

I have a Deadair Wolfman with the 3-lug mount. I also have a Bowers Group VERS9 that I typically use a threaded AIMS mount on my 300BLK upper that I got their 3-Lug for and it's kind of a pain-in-the-ass to mount, unlike a proper 3-lug.

I have 2 of the 6 cans in ATF jail that are 9mm with 3-lug: a Rugged Obsidian 9 and a GemTech Lunar-9. This way I have a 3-lug 9mm can for all 3 of my SBR's, the SP5, the AP5-P and a FM9 PDW (Glock mag).
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Finally got my AP5 to the range. Put about 450rds or so thru it. Some 124gr NATO, 124gr, and 115gr. Some supressed, some not.

Had 5 or so failures.

Seems like it mostly started as a failure to eject.

It would smash the head of the empty brass when it failed so I have to assume it's getting out of the chamber but not ejecting.

Perhaps the extractor is letting go a bit early.

Anyone try one of the stiffer extractor springs? I think the MP40 ones.

Overall, it's a great shooter, but I demand 100% operation.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#26]
After searching all over for an affordable chest rig for this thing that wasn't made in China-

$79.96 chest rig on sale

6-cell, in several colors.  No upcharge for Multi-cam.

Not thrilled about the lead-time, but there really isn't much else available out there.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
After searching all over for an affordable chest rig for this thing that wasn't made in China-

$79.96 chest rig on sale

6-cell, in several colors.  No upcharge for Multi-cam.

Not thrilled about the lead-time, but there really isn't much else available out there.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3906/front-view-22_jpg-2594131.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Terrific day yesterday shooting with buddies at 50 yards. MP5 was an absolute tack driver.
Easy, no recoil, super accurate, not a jam, not a malfunction.

Just sheer joy.

ETA sorry picture is a screen capture off of a low quality video, it's utter shit

MP5 50 yards by Solo__, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:33:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Finally got my AP5 to the range. Put about 450rds or so thru it. Some 124gr NATO, 124gr, and 115gr. Some supressed, some not.

Had 5 or so failures.

It would smash the head of the empty brass when it failed so I have to assume it's getting out of the chamber but not ejecting.

View Quote

Do you have the full size or the P
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Picked mine up today. The threads on the screws for the Pic rail had some burrs and damaged one screw. Everything else looks great. Hoping to make a quick range trip this weekend.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had 5 or so failures.

Full Size. Stripped it down, cleaned it out and noticed the extractor spring looked funky. I had picked up one of those spare part kits so I threw in an extractor spring from there.

Attachment Attached File

Took it out today with 250rd to try it out. It did great up to about 180rds, no issues. Then the same issue. Failure to eject a spent casing causing a misfeed with the head of the spent brass being smashed up.

No idea what's causing it.

Went ahead and ordered a real HK extractor and a few springs and a HK ejector.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Picked mine up today. The threads on the screws for the Pic rail had some burrs and damaged one screw. Everything else looks great. Hoping to make a quick range trip this weekend.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/366627/A246C353-1893-479D-9F3E-0FF71CA24177_jpe-2595780.JPG
View Quote

Made a quick trip to the range before dark tonight. The gun functions perfect. Before I left I did take it apart and clean the barrel. Everything else looked clean with light oil. I added a few extra shots of oil for break in. Used 60 rds of 115 Blazzer and 30 rds of 124 reloads.

The major problems are with the red dot. The irons are very close from the factory. Not sure if it is the Pic rail or the Holosun AEMS. Groups were 10” low and 3” left at max adjustment. Upon closer inspection it is definitely sitting at an angle right to left and up and down.

Anyone else have problems the the MKE mount?
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes.  Love everything else about the MKEs but the mount (or at least the screws) is chintzy.  

Put B&T mounts on both my MKE guns, very happy with them.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 1:47:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yes.  Love everything else about the MKEs but the mount (or at least the screws) is chintzy.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I fo'd - $1099 at Atlantic. I'm hoping to get it before Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I fo'd - $1099 at Atlantic. I'm hoping to get it before Thanksgiving.
View Quote

I ordered mine at 10:30 pm. Had tracking at 11:30 am the next day. Very easy transaction with them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#37]
HKParts has Zenith 9mm US made trigger packs available with 4 parts towards 922r if you're needing that.

Zenith 9mm US Made Trigger Pack with Flat Trigger – 4 U.S. 922 Parts
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Form 1 came back today.  Submitted 8/25.

Honestly it came back a bit faster than expected.  I had to make a last minute engraving appointment for tomorrow.

-Mike
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Honestly it came back a bit faster than expected.  I had to make a last minute engraving appointment for tomorrow.

-Mike
View Quote

Congrats..!
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

-Mike
View Quote

Mine was 35 days. Fastest. NFA Form. Ever.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Had one in 17 days (iirc) back in 2019.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea like single digits or something a few years back.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yea like single digits or something a few years back.
View Quote

Where is everyone putting the engraving?
Going to be putting the stuff together and submitting my F1 soon
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Almost there.  I have an omega 9k that hasn’t cleared yet, should make for a pretty short package with the short 3-lug adapter.

For now I can use my octane or visit it at the range

I am still kicking around the idea of an RMR.  I just haven’t found a mounting solution I really like.

-Mike
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Where is everyone putting the engraving?
Going to be putting the stuff together and submitting my F1 soon
View Quote

This is where I went.  I just need to figure out how I want to blacken it… any suggestions?

-Mike
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Made a quick trip to the range before dark tonight. The gun functions perfect. Before I left I did take it apart and clean the barrel. Everything else looked clean with light oil. I added a few extra shots of oil for break in. Used 60 rds of 115 Blazzer and 30 rds of 124 reloads.

The major problems are with the red dot. The irons are very close from the factory. Not sure if it is the Pic rail or the Holosun AEMS. Groups were 10” low and 3” left at max adjustment. Upon closer inspection it is definitely sitting at an angle right to left and up and down.

View Quote

didnt start out with an MKE mount but one of those super slim cheapo mounts from amazon I already had.
It fit on the gun well but when I mounted an optic on it there was a noticeable cant to it.

It was weird because I could flip the mount around 180 degrees and remove some of the cant, but not all of it.

I bought the MI rail and it fits perfect with no cant. I suspect even the MKE mount is a cheapo airsoft mount they sourced somewhere and the pic rail on it isnt in spec.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#47]
this is my solution for an IR laser until I get my mlok rail in.

I have a surefire vampire mounted in a magpul scout mount that pushes the light way forward but I needed a way to mount an IR laser without it being in the way or feeling weird.

Once I get my rail I might put an LE117IR on it or maybe continuing to use this little crimson trace laser since its small and weighs nothing. Got a few different ideas on mounting it.

for now

Link Posted: 11/17/2022 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This is where I went.  I just need to figure out how I want to blacken it… any suggestions?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77352/69E5C79D-898D-4F50-B873-C3FFFF7C86DF-2603314.jpg

-Mike
View Quote

Maybe some cold blue? That's what I was gonna try after I got mine engraved.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#49]
What is the favored mount for an RMR on a ‘k’ model?

I am thinking about the M8 offering LINK.  I really like that it keeps the package as small as possible and was thinking I might remove the front sight as it looks like it would leave a nice eotech-ish pattern.  Anyone using one of these?

Am I going against the grain here?  It seems like everyone else is going with higher mounts to clear the front ring.  

I am weighing the more comfortable upright shooting position against keeping the small profile I wanted the ‘k’ for in the first place.

-Mike
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#50]
I want to get the RMS mount and then add an RMR adapter plate on it. I want minimal

Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top