Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2001 10:51:30 AM EDT
If you go fishing and you see a Jewfish you are mistaken. You did not see it.What you saw is a Goliath grouper.This is a major blow to all right wing anti-semetic forses.Any Philistine lawsuit on the horizon?I do not know.
Really how did they come with Goliath?
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#1]
[?]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you go fishing and you see a Jewfish you are mistaken. You did not see it.What you saw is a Goliath grouper.This is a major blow to all right wing anti-semetic forses.Any Philistine lawsuit on the horizon?I do not know.
Really how did they come with Goliath?
View Quote

No comprende Amigo
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
They change the name of a fish of the grouper family.Its like when the PETA people were trying to change the name of that vilage upstate NY? (Fishkill).This time its Jewish org.They thought it is ofending to name the fish Jewfish.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
...Really how did they come with Goliath?
View Quote

Because they are f***in' HUGE!!!

Personally I think Goliath grouper is a better name simply because it is descriptive.

In my area (San Diego, PRK) the largest fish (other than great white sharks and the occasional ocean sunfish) is called the black seabass.  I've seen them while snorkling.  It was scary.

Once I saw one that had been caught in the kelp beds.  The lucky angler had hoisted it up on the back of his Toyota Land Cruiser using a winch on the roof.  As he drove off, the tail (about 8 inches wide) was dragging on the ground.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Reminds me of the time that my new sister-in-law (from South America) was first visiting and after admiring one of my then wife's plants, asked what the name of it was...  the wife replied that it was a "Wondering Jew".  The sister-in-law didn't speak to us for over a month!  She's Jewish.  At least, not until my brother explained that that was REALLY the name of the plant.  Plant has probably been renamed by now.
[8D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Some states are being pressured to change the names of Squaw Pass and Mt. Squaw because the name isn't PC. Supposedly Squaw refers to a part of a woman's anatomy.
I don't see the Irish complaining about Notre Dame's team name.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you go fishing and you see a Jewfish you are mistaken. ....
View Quote

Ins, where did you see this? WND?
I saw it too.

In the same article, they noted that the name of the Squawfish had been changed to something PC.  The squawfish is a junk fish that tends to make a lot of noise jumping behind your back, mostly in lakes/reservoirs,  not particularly good to eat, and not even much fun to fish for.

If the squaw thing snowballs, there will be a lot of confusion as I know there are lots of places named Squaw this or Squaw that (rock -CA, mountain - ME)

Fallschirmjaegar - what specific part?  This is the first I heard this...

The insanity grows ---- next we won't be allow to call it a buttstock.

[red]PRK
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=22969
down here almost everything has to do with fishing.Something like that gets around fast.It is a local fish to.Then a friend pointed the article at the above adress.Its scary to think that they spend money resources and time for stuff like that.Who knows maybe the black grouper is next.No offense intended
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#9]
My word for politicaly correct people is FAQUE.  [-!-!-]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top