Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2001 9:59:59 AM EDT
Need help and opinions from the "AR15 Brotherhood".

Actually I own the following guns:

-Beretta 89 .22 lr.
-Walther PPK 32 auto
-Walther P99 9mm.
-Browning HP35 9mm.
-CZ Zkm Carbine .22 lr with riflescope
-US Rifle, M1, Garand in 30-06.

I want to buy a AR15 (In Italy cost about USD 1500-2300)

I thought to sell the P99 (with four 16 rounders mags I can get 600 USD), the PPK (other 250) and with the money my old company will give me to reach the amount.

The PPK is old (but nice), the finish was remade enogh well.

The P99 (and here tears start to fall from my eyes) is pratically brand new even after 350 rounds.

I want to use the Browning for home defence, and buy this damn'd AR15... despite shortage of money... I think that AR15 is going to be rare and rare... sooner or later a P99 can be always found...

Help me to decide... (kleenex needed.... *SIGH*)
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Sell your car.

But if that's not an option, sell the Walthers.  Your Browning is a better 9mm in my opinion.  It's just a classic.  The .22's are fun to shoot and hunt with, and you will want to keep the Garand.  

It sounds like you already knew the answer, but wanted encouragement.  So here it is: sell the Walthers, get an AR-15.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Selling guns is always a mistake.

If you must part with one, I'd say you're probably right to ditch the Walther P99.  And as much as I like the PPK there's not much point IMHO to having a 32 auto.  (I should talk; I have a Walther PP and a Mauser HSc that I would never part with unless I had to.)
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 10:44:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Ouch! $1,500 - $2,300 U.S.  Why can't you buy a Baretta AR70?  Wouldn't that be cheaper in Italy, than buying an imported AR15?  Are you thinking about a Colt AR15?

Tough choices, my opin on what to sell, probably the Walthers also.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Come to America! Buy the LEGP $660 and sell the Walther P99.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 12:49:44 AM EDT
[#7]
YES!!! I CONFESS!!! I already decided... almost... but to sell this Walther P99 make me feel like I had to cut one of my hands!!!

But I want I want I always wanted an AR15... Since I saw for the first time "Green Berets" with John Wayne!!!

I needed encouragement, I think... thank you. When I will get the rifle I'll post the picture...
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 2:39:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Ar15 fans in Italy?? Man that's just beautiful....Bwaaaaa,blubber,blubber, sob,sob...I think I need a tissue....[>(][:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 3:07:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Keep everything you currently own, and purchase the AR-15 lower receiver for right now.  Then when you have more money, you can order the upper.  Like the above comments, selling firearms is always a mistake.  
By the way, what type of restrictions do they have for firearms ownership?
***ptp
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 3:42:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Keep your guns and sell your house!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:03:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:09:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Heya Itallian dudea.

Sella the Walthera P99.
IMO, it isn'ta gooda gun asa peoplea say it is.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:12:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I agree, the P99 should be the first to go.

Garand Shooter - you wouldn't happen to have an extra striker/firing pin for a Bernadelli VestPocket?
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Sell your body. I hear male prostitutes can make pretty good $$$$. And its good work - if you can get it.

Just kidding.

Sell the Walther P99. Its just weird lookin'. And sell me the Garand. I'll give $500 for it.

Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By California Kid:
Selling guns is always a mistake.

View Quote

That is my rule.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Sell the Walthers.

All your AR15's are belong to us.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Sell a kidney or something.  You'll miss it less than the guns.

If you [b]must[/b] sell the P99, sell it to me.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Part-time Pork:
Keep everything you currently own, and purchase the AR-15 lower receiver for right now.  Then when you have more money, you can order the upper.  Like the above comments, selling firearms is always a mistake.  
By the way, what type of restrictions do they have for firearms ownership?
***ptp
View Quote

No full auto, no hi-cap mag for rifles. AR type rifles are classified with 5 (Colt or Bushy) or 10 rounds (Olympic).
The good side is that there isn't anything like "evil" features. A gun is a gun, not evil not good. For handguns, if it is classified so, you can keep buy and sell hi-cap mags.
Licencing is mandatory: with a fee of $10 you can have a sport gun licence (no CCW, but only transport, no limit of purchase) valid for 6 years. Paying a fee of $80 every year CCW is issued, but is valid only for handguns and you have to prove that you really need it (normally these are issued to jewelers, bodyguards or to people that are involved in big money tranfers. Rarely, but can happen also that the Police force you to get CCW because they consider you in such a big threat of life that is requested for your security to carry always a gun...).
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 2:17:26 AM EDT
[#19]
I would not buy an AR if I could only have 5 or 10 round mags. That's just crappy. At least with your Walther you can have 16 round mags, don't know how that makes sense.
If I had to have a less than 10 magazine rifle I would have what you already own.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:33:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Decided... I will sell the two Walthers. My heart is bleeding, but if I think that I can have a thing close to an M16 I can find some relief. The model I choosed is a complete rifle: Olympic Arms K4B. M16 bolt type, carrier, A2 Flashider stocks and handguards, bayonet lug, 10 rounds mags (I heard rumors that maybe Italian govt. is going to issue legal 18 or 29 rounds mags...). The only thing this rifle miss is a full auto trigger group, but really I don't feel the need of it. 10 Rounds are enough for target shooting and basic self defence. If SHTF will be heavy, I think that nobody will care if you are using illegal or legal capacity mags.
Oly in Italy are snobbed, because people see only Colt, but ALL the people I met at range and bought Oly, told me they are really accurate. The MT I can find here in Italy are of poor quality, without bayonet lug, flashider and cost quite more that clones (Stoner apart... but they are another class of rifles...)
Thanks for the help in deciding, boys... I'll keep you updated. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:54:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Strange they don't let you have the high cap mags but you can have a bayonet lug and flash suppressor.
I guess Italy doesn't have all those drive by bayonetings like they do here in the states.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:23:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Too many guns to buy, and not enough money to buy them with, and a typical age old problem with most gun owners.  Well, I guess you can always buy another Walther P99 at a later time.  Please let us know when you take your new rifle to the range, and give usyour impressions and thoughts.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#23]
This may not apply to you, but here in the USA, a MAJOR criteria for me is whether or not the gun is papered to me.  The papered ones are more "replaceable", just like postban stuff.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 7:49:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Too many guns to buy, and not enough money to buy them with, and a typical age old problem with most gun owners.  Well, I guess you can always buy another Walther P99 at a later time.  Please let us know when you take your new rifle to the range, and give usyour impressions and thoughts.
View Quote

I'll post picture (assembled, while shooting, disassembled) and targets... asap!

Thanks for the support to everybody!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Your soul
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top