Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2004 9:43:22 PM EDT
If anyone is following the Scott Peterson case (husband accused of killing his pregnant wife, Laci Peterson), there’s been some really crazy developments recently. For one, it was brought out when Scott was arrested a couple days after his wife’s body was found, he had:
- 4 cell phones
- 7 credit cards (his, his mom’s, his sisters)
- $15,000 in cash
- Saw, knife, and other blades
- Water purifier
- and more shady things.

The guy said he was going to play golf, but hmmmm, that doesn’t sound right. Anyways, if you want to stay updated on the case Court TV is doing a great job by conducting live interviews with related persons to the case at 11pm each night this week.

Let’s hope he doesn’t get off just like OJ did…
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If anyone is following the Scott Peterson case (husband accused of killing his pregnant wife, Laci Peterson), there’s been some really crazy developments recently. For one, it was brought out when Scott was arrested a couple days after his wife’s body was found, he had:
- 4 cell phones
- $15,000 in cash
- Water purifier
- and more shady things.

The guy said he was going to play golf, but hmmmm, that doesn’t sound right. Anyways, if you want to stay updated on the case Court TV is doing a great job by conducting live interviews with related persons to the case at 11pm each night this week.

You OBVIOUSLY have no clue how long a round of golf lasts!
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Talk about a fuck up.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Amber Frey did it or at least paid to have it done.  She wanted Scott all to her self and had to get Lacy out of the way. I don't trust her.
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally I think he did it.
Now the hard part, they can't even prove she was murdered.
His actions after they discovered Lacy's body could be anything.
For all anyone really knows Lacy discovered the affair scott was having and went down to that dock and threw her self in the water, unlikely?
Yep.
Impossible?
Nope.
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#5]
That bastard needs to die.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
And WHY THE HELL is this national news...

People get accused of murder every day in this country, why is THIS GUY picked to be the tabloid posterboy...

Kobe I can understand, he's famous, and feeding the gossip mill sells papers...

But this nobody from suburban-wherever, accused of killing his wife?

It's the most common murder scenario ever (wife dead, killer unknown, suspect husband)...

WHY did it get in the news?

Oh yeah, I actually did believe there wasn't enough evidence to convict OJ (different from him being innocent, the prosecution didn't meet the buirden of proof)...
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]
- 4 cell phones
- $15,000 in cash
- Water purifier
- and more shady things. What kind of shady things?
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#9]
completely changing his scalp and facial hair as well. His defense atty had him shave all the dyed-blonde hair off as fast as he could after he was arrested.
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Doesn't matter. Geragos is going to have a mistrial. The prosecution F'ed up big time more than once. The star cop was cought in a lie, the divers could find small pop cans on their radar, but not a cement block... The jurer that was caught conspiring with the family, the evidence conveniently witheld from the defense. Too many mistakes. Doesnt matter if he did it or not - He will walk clean and join the OJ club.
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#11]
What's the problem?  That's what I carry around every day,
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd kill the fucker for the price of a .308 round and immunity and wouldn't lose one blink of sleep over it.  this guy is a shit bird man.
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I am afraid that only god will ever know the truth about what happened.
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Good looking victim, good looking suspect, hours and hours of TV to fill.

ETA: It's not so much "news" as a soap opera whose stars' salaries don't come out of the network budgets.
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 11:37:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm gonna get flamed for this but guess what?  He should walk free.  There is not one shred of physical evidence that he killed her and as stated above they can't even prove that she was actually murdered.  There's no weapon, no dna traces, no blood, nothing at all to suggest that he killed her.  Only thing they have is a possible motive regarding the other woman.  He's gonna walk and he should/  Do I think he did it.... hell yes.  But it is better 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man be jailed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Doesn't matter. Geragos is going to have a mistrial. The prosecution F'ed up big time more than once. The star cop was cought in a lie, the divers could find small pop cans on their radar, but not a cement block... The jurer that was caught conspiring with the family, the evidence conveniently witheld from the defense. Too many mistakes. Doesnt matter if he did it or not - He will walk clean and join the OJ club.

Having to listen to the trial unfolding daily on the radio while driving to work I can't for the life of me see any reason why the defense would want a mistrial.  The evidence presented thus far seems very weak and the prosecution is being owned by Geragos when they are not making fools of themselves.  From what I have seen so far in this trial I think Peterson would be acquitted by the jury.
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 12:11:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Like I care about some hyped up murder in modesto or merced.

This can do nothing for me and I don't pay attention to it.

It's crap for people with stupid minds
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Having to listen to the trial unfolding daily on the radio while driving to work I can't for the life of me see any reason why the defense would want a mistrial.  The evidence presented thus far seems very weak and the prosecution is being owned by Geragos when they are not making fools of themselves.  From what I have seen so far in this trial I think Peterson would be acquitted by the jury.

In many (though not all) instances, a motion for mistrial is required in order to preserve an error for appellate review. The theory is that if it isn't a big enough deal to stop the trial it isn't a big enough deal to reverse a judgment. 90+% of the time the defense neither expects nor particularly wants its motions for mistrial granted.
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 12:18:40 AM EDT
[#21]

ilovetrials
Post Number : 1
Topic: Scott Peterson case…interesting updates

Just curious...when is the last time you actually turned off your TV and went outside?
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 12:25:02 AM EDT
[#22]
I belive he did it. If he did, he's a fucking worthless piece of shit. What a beautiful girl too..what a shame.
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
ilovetrials
Post Number : 1
Topic: Scott Peterson case…interesting updates

Just curious...when is the last time you actually turned off your TV and went outside?

Link Posted: 7/15/2004 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I belive he did it. If he did, he's a fucking worthless piece of shit. What a beautiful girl too..what a shame.

+1
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 3:03:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
In many (though not all) instances, a motion for mistrial is required in order to preserve an error for appellate review. The theory is that if it isn't a big enough deal to stop the trial it isn't a big enough deal to reverse a judgment. 90+% of the time the defense neither expects nor particularly wants its motions for mistrial granted.

ahhh, thx...makes sense.
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 3:11:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
- 4 cell phones
- $15,000 in cash
- Water purifier
- and more shady things.

uhhh I thought it was ............   I think they said he had the gun from HEAT also LINK?  
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 3:50:56 AM EDT
[#27]
He's going to walk. Judge bitched out the Prosecution on tuesday. The hayseed prosecuters can not keep up with the dream team lawyers representing Peterson. he's guilty, but will walk. Just like OJ, Just like Haidl, Just like Kobe...
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 4:55:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Way to much media bias from the start for a conviction in my opinion.  I don't know if he did it or not, I'd say he did but case and point, I don't know shi! about the facts of the case, that opinion is based on how the media has subconsiously influenced me. I guess I hope he is not guilty.
Convict the blonde cnn chic who's never shut up since the start instead.
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 5:18:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I remember a case in Fl where a guy gets picked out of the water with a story how he and his fiance got swept overboard. The cops dont believe him and start looking to charge him with murder because his story reeks.
Low and behold the girl shows up a few days later and she's been floating around all this time. His story was true but the cops were looking to hang him. Anyone remember that?
This Peterson guy fits that story somewhat except we know how Laci was found.
Just playing devils advocate.
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 5:34:54 AM EDT
[#30]
He is going to walk!  

The Prosecution should have never brought this case forward but bowed to public pressure, it would have been better to hold what evidence they had and hope that they got a lucky break on some new evidence!  Now Peterson is going to be proved Not Guilty and can't be touched on a new murder charge if new evidence should pop up!
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 6:09:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Devils advocate. From the beginning, everyone knew Scott was fishing that day and where. If a bad guy had abducted and ultimately killed Lacy, that bay would be the perfect place to dump the body. The cops would stop looking anywhere but at Scott.
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 6:14:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
For all anyone really knows Lacy discovered the affair scott was having and went down to that dock and threw her self in the water, unlikely?
Yep.
Impossible?
Nope.

Did she saw her own head off before or after she jumped in the water?
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 6:21:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep.
Impossible?
Nope.

Did she saw her own head off before or after she jumped in the water?

[sarcasm] Wow you have new evidence! [/sarcasm]
Exactly how is it you think her head was sawn off?
There is no evidence to show that.
Her head came off from being in the salt water and the tides banging her around.
They can't prove anything remotely what you just said.

Now if you have heard any of the testimony you would know they can't prove it was murder at all.
Thye have no cause of death PERRIOD!
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#34]
The facts are in plane view for everyone to see... he's as guilty as OJ... and the lawyers are fucking it up just as well so that he'll go free too.

It's a true inspiration to all the wife-beaters just waiting for the OK to whack their wives.
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#35]
I thinks he's guilty as he can be of a crime i can't even imagine committing. I also think he will walk free, because our system still protects the innocent by holding a high standard of proof even for the guilty.
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd kill the fucker for the price of a .308 round and immunity and wouldn't lose one blink of sleep over it.  this guy is a shit bird man.

How can you say that? I don't know he;s guilty and you don't know he's guilty.

If you believe in the 2nd amendment, care about the US justice system and you love democracy, you should love the fact that if you are arrested you should be treated innocent until proven otherwise.

Sure, if he's found guilty torture and kill the SOB. But its way too soon for that. He is STILL innocent.

easy, I just said it.  everything I've read and heard leads me to believe that this guy is guilty.  I'm sure if I had all the information on the case it would prove, in my eyes, that he is guilty.  When was the last time you saw a grieving husband change his hair color and start heading toward the boarder?  I'm sure that if my wife was missing... that would be the FIRST thing I'd do!    
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'm gonna get flamed for this but guess what?  He should walk free.  There is not one shred of physical evidence that he killed her and as stated above they can't even prove that she was actually murdered.  There's no weapon, no dna traces, no blood, nothing at all to suggest that he killed her.  Only thing they have is a possible motive regarding the other woman.  He's gonna walk and he should/  Do I think he did it.... hell yes.  But it is better 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man be jailed.

+1

( maybe the CSI wonder-boys could solve this one!!)
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Just one in a whole multitude of crimes our country deals with. Just like Abu Graib, the media latches onto a story and milks the sh*t out of it. Makes you wonder what agenda is at stake....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:52:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Peterson did it.  That's my final answer.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Peterson did it.  That's my final answer.

No.... Peterson killed Ron and Nicole... OJ killed Laci... Get it right!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't know what happened. Nor do I give a shit about this trial. Just keep it the hell off my tv.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I think Amber Frey did it or at least paid to have it done.  She wanted Scott all to her self and had to get Lacy out of the way. I don't trust her.

If you are serious, you are an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

People get accused of murder every day in this country, why is THIS GUY picked to be the tabloid posterboy...

Kobe I can understand, he's famous, and feeding the gossip mill sells papers...

But this nobody from suburban-wherever, accused of killing his wife?

It's the most common murder scenario ever (wife dead, killer unknown, suspect husband)...

WHY did it get in the news?

Oh yeah, I actually did believe there wasn't enough evidence to convict OJ (different from him being innocent, the prosecution didn't meet the buirden of proof)...

There was more evidence and good proof in the O.J. Simpson trial than any other case in history.  There is really no question that he killed them both.  The judge Ito let the case get out of control.  The defense did a good job but not as good as the prosecution.  The jury just blew it bad.  There was so much more evidence than was needed it was not even funny.  Far beyond any reasonable doubt in my opinion.

I heard the judge dismissed the jury today until Monday because of developments.
I am wondering if he is going to plead guilty Thurday or Friday.  I could be wrong but i think after Amber's testimony he is looking to make a deal.  I'm guessing life without parole to save his life.
This is a death penalty case isn't it?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:00:32 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
He's going to walk. Judge bitched out the Prosecution on tuesday. The hayseed prosecuters can not keep up with the dream team lawyers representing Peterson. he's guilty, but will walk. Just like OJ, Just like Haidl, Just like Kobe...

And you know he's guilty?? How? Have you seen the evidence that proves beyond a doubt? Did you personally catch him murder her? Or is this a sixth sense cops have that allows you to determine who's guilty or innocent without any evidence. Leo on this board talk about innocent civilians have nothing to fear from them.Well your statement says otherwise.

Roy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top