Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2001 6:36:28 PM EDT
Is Starting on TBS on the west coast. Man I love that scene with Bruce Willis loading mag after mag after mag of 45 hardball for his twin 1911s in preparation for shooting some stuff up. Anyone else enjoy this movie/scene?

"For a long time I felt that FDR had developed many thoughts and ideas that were his own to benefit this country, the United States. But, he didn't. Most of his thoughts, his political ammunition, as it were, were carefully manufactured for him in advanced by the Council on Foreign Relations-One World Money group. Brilliantly, with great gusto, like a fine piece of artillery, he exploded that prepared "ammunition" in the middle of an unsuspecting target, the American people, and thus paid off and returned his internationalist political support. The UN is but a long-range, international banking apparatus clearly set up for financial and economic profit by a small group of powerful One-World revolutionaries, hungry for profit and power. The depression was the calculated 'shearing' of the public by the World Money powers, triggered  by the planned sudden shortage of supply of call money in the New York money market....The One World Government leaders and their ever close bankers have now acquired full control of the money and credit machinery of the U.S. via the creation of the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank." Curtis Dall, FDR's son-in-law as quoted in his book, My Exploited Father-in-Law
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes,
I also loved that scene and Movie!

John
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Check this item out on Gunbroker:
[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=1382483[/url]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't know that, Wilson. Not surprising, tho. There are about 35 movie ideas, and Hollywood just keeps recycling them.

BTW who's in Fistful of Dollars?

If a politician isn't perfectly comfortable with the idea of his average constituent, any man, woman, or responsible child, walking into a hardware store and paying cash -- for any rifle, shotgun, handgun, machinegun, anything --without producing ID or signing one scrap of paper, he isn't your friend no matter what he tells you."  --L. Neil Smith
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, I like it too.
Ever notice that "Last Man Standing" is a remake..
of
"Fistful of Dollars"?

View Quote

Actually, it is a remake of "Yojimbo" the Akira Kurosawa film, as was "Fistful Of Dollars".
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

!!!!

Please tell me you are kidding!

"A Fistfull of Dollars is one of Clint Eastwood's Classic "Man with no name" Spaghetti Westerns. Also, as far as I know - STILL NOT OUT ON DVD - [:(]

700PSS: Isn;t that the same guy that did "Seven Samarai?", later remade into "The Magnificent Seven." If so - it is kind of odd how multiple movies from the same Japanese movie maker have been remade into westerns.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd enjoy Bruce Willis' movies more, if he didn't come across as so smug and self satisfied.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Some of the best .45 handling ever to grace the silver screen. Don't know anyone, including my humble self, who could actually pull it off, but it's something to aspire to.

View Quote

You're shittin' me right? How old are you anyway?
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote from WILSON -

Kinda like figuring out WTH was in the briefcase in "Pulp Fiction"!
View Quote

And that would be....?

Eric The(Inqusitive)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#11]
"Fist Full of Dollars " has been out on DVD since early 1999 FYI. You can also get it in a 3 DVD collection.I know that because I own it.

John
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Forgive me, I don't know or remember every movie Clint Eastwood has been in. When I went to gun-nut in training school, I was sick the day they covered that.

I'm 29 BTW, so you can understand if I don't know all the movies some of you old coots know

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide  everything." --Communist Tyrant Josef Stalin
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#13]

700PSS: Isn't that the same guy that did "Seven Samurai?", later remade into "The Magnificent Seven." If so - it is kind of odd how multiple movies from the same Japanese movie maker have been remade into westerns.
View Quote

Yup. Also the same guy George Lucas "borrowed" from when he made the original "Star Wars". I forget the Kurosawa movie that George Lucas remade into "Star Wars", but he copied Kurosawa's characters and style right down to the wipe fades between scenes.

I also highly recommend Samurai buffs check out "RAN" by Kurosawa. It is a re-telling of Shakespeare's "King Lear" set in 16th century feudal Japan.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:52:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Forgive me, I don't know or remember every movie Clint Eastwood has been in. When I went to gun-nut in training school, I was sick the day they covered that.
I'm 29 BTW, so you can understand if I don't know all the movies some of you old coots know
View Quote

I turned 31 in March so I'm not much older than you. I think the reason I know of the film is that I like westerns, old & new. Also the fact I like all Clint's movies! Now,If you tell me you never heard of "The Outlaw Josey Whales" Then you must be a communist.[:)]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 2:14:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Butch was carrying the second drink (referred to as a "tasty beverage" by Samuel L. Jackson in the film) for his old lady, whom he was going to meet back at the motel before he and Marcellus duked it out and were accosted in the pawn shop by Zed and the other Sodomite.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 6:12:27 AM EDT
[#18]
"Last Man Standing" isn't entirely a remake of "Yojimbo". "Yojimbo" was based on the book "Red Harvest" by Dashiell Hammett, where a Pinkerton agent cleans up a mining town in Utah or Colorado, I don't remember if it ever said exactly in the book. Kurosawa transplanted the story to feudal Japan for his movie, Sergio Leone transplanted "Yojimbo" to the Italian West for "Fistful of Dollars", then Walter Hill returns to the 1930s American West for "Last Man Standing".

Kurosawa was asked in an interview how he felt about Hill ripping off "Yojimbo", he said he'd ripped off "Red Harvest" himself, more power to Hill.

- Steve
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 6:25:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Bruce Willis is a pro-gun actor. He said in a an interview (in a sunday paper supplement) that he thinks everyone has a right to protect themselves and to own guns. He will always get my movie $$$ before Sly,Mel,or the Baldwins.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 7:18:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bruce Willis is a pro-gun actor. He said in a an interview (in a sunday paper supplement) that he thinks everyone has a right to protect themselves and to own guns. He will always get my movie $$$ before Sly,Mel,or the Baldwins.
View Quote

Umm...Mel isn't anti.  He's not actively PRO, but he has stated in interviews that he believes in RKBA.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Hell, I'm 26 and know all about "A Fistful of Dollars"  

Also,  Mel Gibson an ANTI?  

2 words.  Braveheart and Patriot.

What's the overriding theme of both of these?

BTW, he MADE Braveheart
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I am 19 and have seen Fistfull of Dollars a few times.  Anyone who grows up with TBS can't avoid it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Jim Dandy:
Butch was carrying the second drink (referred to as a "tasty beverage" by Samuel L. Jackson in the film) for his old lady, whom he was going to meet back at the motel before he and Marcellus duked it out and were accosted in the pawn shop by Zed and the other Sodomite.
View Quote

[size=6] Wrong [/size=6]
[size=2] Marcellus is carrying the drinks.
        FOR - John Travola - who was lead poisoned by Bruce with the Ingram [/size=2]
View Quote

You are correct sir!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top