Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/14/2022 8:33:15 AM EDT
I am far from an expert on this topic, but you would assume with all the noise currently with water shortages that a project like this would be green lighted.

Nope, got to protect that coast.

Sorry for the CNN link.

Attachment Attached File

CNN link
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Let them drink the salt water then.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:34:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Government thinking at its finest.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:35:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Leftists never actually value human life.  I'm beginning to think that deep down at heart they all want to pull a thanos and halve the world population just for starters.  For the environment!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let them drink the salt water then.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Serious question, why aren't these plants all over the coastline of the US?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Probably to prevent “Ocean Salting”

This is the same Leftist reasoning that shuts down a factory that makes half the baby formula needed in the United States. No plan beyond just shut it down

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Leftists never actually value human life.  I'm beginning to think that deep down at heart they all want to pull a thanos and halve the world population just for starters.  For the environment!
View Quote
Yes, run the lakes dry....for the environment.   Why are they stupid?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:44:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because not everywhere has enormous populations living on a desert coast.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are expensive and use a ton of electricity and most places already have enough fresh water.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's a very energy intensive process.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Let them die if they want to save the environment so badly
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Beginning to think?

What clued you in?

The fact that they have been actively working to kill off humanity for hundreds of years?

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Honestly, they consume a bunch of power and you do have an issue of how to deal with the brine that is left over.

They are fine in some scenarios not so much in others. It's not just a magic bullet fix for water shortages at an industrial scale.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Salt water works better at blasting feces off the street anyway
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh for FUCKS sake! There’s a sewage treatment plant next door - just blend the effluent together to match ocean salinity.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Desalination + micro nuclear plants is the way to save the west.

If you could reduce Californias water demand from the Colorado river by 50% , you could fill lake Powell, mead, and havasu in 5-8 years depending on what type of water year you have.

It would be more reliable and could help with electrical issues in summer months as well if the plants are sized right
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Soeaking of RO, Id like a small system for my shop to use better water for my coolant blends.

Anyone have recs on a good units, maybe 10-20gpd?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Idiots.

There as a thread about desalination on here in the past, I was curious so I looked into it. Aside from it being energy intensive, the brine is the main issue. There is talk of processing the brine into magnesium, calcium, potassium, chlorine and bromine as well as salt, sodium chloride, which I believe the Saudis already do, but they have the space to do it. The other arguments the hippies use are BS.

recommended against the facility, pointing in part to desalination's incredible energy consumption Something to look at since nobody will build nuc plants, its impacts on marine life(logical), projected sea-level rise stupid...If you are removing water from the Ocean, you will be helping rising sea levels and the cost of the resulting water itself -- with that cost being passed on to customers.(That is just laughable with the taxes and fees in CA, especially the gas taxes
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly it. Every policy they have hurts people.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Honestly, they consume a bunch of power and you do have an issue of how to deal with the brine that is left over.

They are fine in some scenarios not so much in others. It's not just a magic bullet fix for water shortages at an industrial scale.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sell the brine to states needing road salt solution
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Gavin Newsom actually wanted this to pass but the California costal commission voted it down. He wants to keep the nuclear power plant open also but I'm sure it will get shit canned also. Environmentalists are a cult.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#22]
ITT everyone who didn't read the report will share their well thought out conclusions to the 1200-year drought.

I am disappointed I can't find the California wild fire thread.

The same people are as predictable as they are ignorant.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

East coast isn't a desert.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Soeaking of RO, Id like a small system for my shop to use better water for my coolant blends.

Anyone have recs on a good units, maybe 1020gpd?
View Quote

1,000 gpd is way larger than the RO unit I have for drinking water.

I don't have answers but you might be better off starting a thread with that exact question.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Partly because they're exorbitantly expensive and would likely require the construction of new nuke plants.

Mostly because the US is not a serious country.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's part of their doctrine.
Georgia guidestones, Bill Gates, they all believe in killing off most of the world.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#28]
If they think humans are so bad and they really want to protect the environment then maybe they should kill themselves.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Idiots.

There as a thread about desalination on here in the past, I was curious so I looked into it. Aside from it being energy intensive, the brine is the main issue. There is talk of processing the brine into magnesium, calcium, potassium, chlorine and bromine as well as salt, sodium chloride, which I believe the Saudis already do, but they have the space to do it. The other arguments the hippies use are BS.

View Quote

I wonder if they could pipe the brine into the Salton Sea (which is drying up, due to natural causes), kind of like the Israelis are doing with the Dead Sea.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
$$$
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Salt water works better at blasting feces off the street anyway
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#32]
My understanding is the California water crisis is bad but not bad enough to justify desalination. Plus environmentalists point out that the salt has to go somewhere so it destroys the sea life when you dump the salt back into the water.

Israel is the GOAT when it comes to water. But their situation was way worse than Cali.
How Israel Created a Water Surplus that Changed the Nation | FULL EPISODE | Insights on TBN Israel

...and if you must.
Top Secret: Enough Salt to Last Forever
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#33]
California imports the most electricity of any state.

Stop selling electric to them as well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Rejected because more conservation efforts are needed first.

Fucking peasants, lean to drink your piss...
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Not sure how much time Lake mead has, but they're running very close to shit storm level.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Use the salt water to fight the numerous  fires .
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#37]
I stopped feeling sorry for California long ago,

They shit in their own bed, let them sleep in it.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
In the end all leftist ideologies lead to eugenics.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They are expensive and use a ton of electricity and most places already have enough fresh water.

View Quote

And they've been real busy shutting down all of those nasty nuke plants. Trying to save the uranium, I guess.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nuclear power  and then use the brine to harvest salt for french fries and trace minerals for other things.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Let 'em eat sand.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dump the brine back in the ocean where it came from?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Power generation costs and site locations on coast will kill these mediocre ideas eventually
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Let them drink Brawndo.  It's got what Californians crave.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I wonder if they could pipe the brine into the Salton Sea (which is drying up, due to natural causes), kind of like the Israelis are doing with the Dead Sea.
View Quote

have the boring company build a pipeline to death valley.

fill it with ocean water which will evapoprate and rain to the east.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

RECORD DROUGHT OH MY!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Power generation costs and site locations on coast will kill these mediocre ideas eventually
View Quote

Why do you need a site on the coast. We pipe water and oil hundreds of miles and have had said technology since the roman empire
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Time to break up California.

Use the original plan.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.

Every single idea of theirs eventually ends with reduced population.  
Every
Single
One
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top