Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/13/2022 11:21:35 PM EDT
Baby formula boss warns crisis will last ALL YEAR as Biden claims it will be eased in weeks and only 'mind reader' could see it coming - despite shortages beginning last July

Attachment Attached File

The head of one of the four companies that control 90 percent of the U.S. market for baby formula has warned that the shortages nationwide could last until the end of the year, as President 's critics mocked his claim that 'only a mind reader' could have predicted the current crisis.

On Friday CEO of formula giant Perrigo Murray Kessler, told Reuters he expects shortages and heightened demand to last for the 'balance of the year.'

Kessler said their factories in Ohio and Vermont are running at 115 percent capacity, to compensate for Chicago-based Abbott's shutdown - but added that supplies would remain erratic for the remainder of 2022.

'We have stepped up and are killing ourselves to do everything we can,' Kessler said.

Attachment Attached File

Meanwhile President Biden has sparked fury after claiming that the issue could be sorted within weeks - the same as what the FDA has previously said - without offering further unique detail on how he plans to tackle the issue.

He was also accused of being glib after telling reporters Friday that he'd have needed psychic powers to predict the crisis, despite alarm bells sounding as far back as summer 2021.

The nationwide 'out of stock' level has been consistently above 10 percent since August, and in January this year The Wall Street Journal warned of an impending problem.

Brian Deese, Director of the National Economic Council, said on Friday morning that the had been urging states to take action to combat the issue in February - after the shortage was exacerbated by a February 17 recall of some products produced by Abbott Laboratories, and a shutdown of one of their plants.

'We actually gave states the guidance on using flexibility the day after this recall happened in February,' he told 's Kaitlin Collins.

Yet Biden on Friday insisted no one could have predicted the crisis, which has seen desperate parents go from store to store, trying to find the urgently-needed formula.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Two. More. Weeks.

The CEO’s end of the year timestamp is a feeble attempt to give false assurances. They have no idea when supply will return to ‘normal’
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Two. More. Weeks.

The CEO’s end of the year timestamp is a feeble attempt to give false assurances. They have no idea when supply will return to ‘normal’
View Quote

I see you have seen this movie before. Please dont spoil the ending for us. I want to act surprised just this once.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
ATLAS SHRUGGED
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]
FPNI.

When CEOs announce ‘rest of the year’ or ‘multiple quarter recovery’, they don’t have a fucking clue.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:34:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at how people hoard things they don't strictly need when there might be a shortage.  Baby formula market is going to be ridiculous for the next several months just based on that.  People are really desperate, this'll make the usual 22LR shortage look like child's play.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#6]
FJB
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe they fire up the dpas rating for carnation just like we did for face diapers during the wu.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:38:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Two. More. Weeks.

View Quote

Toss in Biden claiming it'll be sorted out in a few weeks...

Anything Biden tries to fix, is likely to just keep getting worse.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Let the titties flow!
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]
My local Target this week.  Only stuff left is pricey or in pre-mixed bottles.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two. More. Weeks.

Biden's a dementia ridden puppet but any time his administration is saying they're going to "fix" anything they are lying to you and plan on making it worse.

ETA: Why do you think they went through all the trouble of installing a dementia ridden puppet? They could have put any true believer in his place and they'd have pushed all the same things. They needed a fall guy. Someone who wasn't worried about his legacy. Someone so far gone they don't care if they get the blame for the downfall of this country.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:46:54 PM EDT
[#12]
The democrats are really really fucking themselves when they starve women’s babies.  

If they don’t get completely slaughtered in the mid terms then we’ll have confirmation that the dominion fix is real.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Has the White House designated it "Putins" baby formula shortage yet?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I never thought I would live to see the day that we would have a President who actually makes Jimmy Carter look not so awful by comparison, yet now I have.

I no longer have any words to describe how sickeningly toxic this administration is for our country.

None.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Starting to wonder if the staff can’t wait for the next fuck up to drop. Just to make people forget about the current fuck up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#16]
So how long until fertile aged women who have not given birth in the last couple years, start pumping every 2 hours for a couple weeks to induce milk production to sell?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Every few days there's a new crisis.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:20:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Starting to wonder if the staff can’t wait for the next fuck up to drop. Just to make people forget about the current fuck up.
View Quote

Yep....

Gas, milk...maybe toilet paper and bread? Oh wait....

Conditioning us for the bread lines....tighten your belts - where going down people!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#20]
If only there was another, natural, limitless, healthier option out there then formula
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:26:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The democrats are really really fucking themselves when they starve women’s babies.  

If they don’t get completely slaughtered in the mid terms then we’ll have confirmation that the dominion fix is real.
View Quote

They'll argue it's another reason Roe v. Wade shouldn't be overturned.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:55:25 AM EDT
[#22]
What have you heard about Bill Gates' 'Franken milk' product? The lab created synthetic breast milk? Is it a coincidence it is being rolled out now?

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:00:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Roe's fault
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:44:01 AM EDT
[#24]
The motherfucker "D" voters (THATS YOU NEVERTRUMPER CUM GUZZLERS) are to blame for the fucking dumpster fire this nation has become. They wanted to destroy Orange Man and wound up destroying a nation and now they starve babies instead of murdering them in the womb. I curse every 2020 "D" voter to everlasting torment.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:51:24 AM EDT
[#25]
It's ok though because Biden is sending pallets of formula to the border so at least the illegals can feed their kids.  That's a pretty legit mega-villian plan right there.  Procure as much formula as possible for illegals while starving the babies of American citizens.  All those little illegals are going to be voters in a year or two so each brown baby life matters.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:02:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Look at how people hoard things they don't strictly need when there might be a shortage.  Baby formula market is going to be ridiculous for the next several months just based on that.  People are really desperate, this'll make the usual 22LR shortage look like child's play.
View Quote

As someone with a baby on the way....does anyone know the conversion rate of .22LR to baby formula?

I'm all for capitalism, but the scalper mentality is getting out of hand. Feels like shit tier people will neckbeard anything these days.

I know, I know, if I don't like it I can just start my own baby formula company...I'll go be poor somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:07:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Man, this administration really hates babies.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:08:21 AM EDT
[#28]
The greybars studiously avoid the daily "What did the Biden administration fuck up today?" threads

I find that funny.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:08:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Wet nurses for everybody.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:09:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol nice one!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:14:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

We're done here folks, last one out kill the lights please.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:16:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Did I make it before the "LOL" clown showed up?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:19:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

They’ll give free baby formula to the mule mamas delivering ballots.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:47:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Go old school.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Keep it up……… angry moms having trouble finding baby formula is a sure winner for FJB
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:55:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:55:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Bad shit tends to happen when you are running at 115% all the time.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:56:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Keep it up……… angry moms having trouble finding baby formula is a sure winner for FJB
View Quote

Well if they can't murder their unborn babies in the womb, now they can starve them to death as newborns.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#39]
The demand for abortions will skyrocket due to a continued shortage.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Seems like it used to be the only stuff that sold out and was hard to get was beanie babies and pokemon cards now it's toilet paper and food for your baby.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If only there was another, natural, limitless, healthier option out there then formula
View Quote

For many people theres not. Supply issues are extremely common and there are grave yards full of dead babbies that starved before there was formula.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:09:47 AM EDT
[#42]
This store seems to have plenty

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Biden could have earned some respect from me, if he simply said, “You’ve got a set of tits. Use them.”
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:15:29 AM EDT
[#44]
If Biden doesn't get on the ball and fix things I'm not gonna vote for him next time!

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#45]

Just got a sudden strange craving for some milk.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The motherfucker "D" voters (THATS YOU NEVERTRUMPER CUM GUZZLERS) are to blame for the fucking dumpster fire this nation has become. They wanted to destroy Orange Man and wound up destroying a nation and now they starve babies instead of murdering them in the womb. I curse every 2020 "D" voter to everlasting torment.
View Quote

Orange man takes your rights, dementia man takes your everything else.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#47]

FFS...

Moms who have PCOS, mastectomies, or have to work full time job and aren't able to pump at work, people who adopted, moms who had their supply interupted by an emergecy or medical prodecure and their supply didn't come back, premature babies who need to eat before milk comes in, babies with certain alleries, the list goes on and on.

Not everyone has the luxury of breastfeeding. Infant mortality rates were 10 times higher before formula existed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#48]
The adults are in charge
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:25:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Imma just suck on mamma titties.

In all seriousness, I hope all you guys and gals with littles ones can get food for them. FJB
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#50]
The shutdown of the production facility just helped sales of Chinese formula,10% for the big guy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top