Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Won’t buff out
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#3]
A guy I shot with was in the guard.

He said on field exercises they gave him an M-60 and he always climbed a tree with it.

He said 'No one ever looks up."
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He said on field exercises they gave him an M-60 and he always climbed a tree with it.

View Quote

Wow, just wow... guy played too many video games. And holy shit, his leadership should have been fired on the spot for letting him do that. The National Guard for ya...
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]
its 2022 and the Ruskies still use trench warfare?

LOL
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#7]
this is scary

what this means for the future of warfare is haunting
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
That kind of low tech drone is pretty good for the bang for the buck ratio.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm writing a grant right now to get some small drones for my tech club at school.  Part of my sales pitch is how being a drone operator is a career of the future.  Perhaps I should add Commie Slayer to the list along with real estate photography and building inspection.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
its 2022 and the Ruskies still use trench warfare?

LOL
View Quote

If you're stationary, you're digging or filling sandbags.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
this is scary

what this means for the future of warfare is haunting
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Combat is like that - options were to go went left, right, or stay. Soldier went right and most likely died. Soldier went left an lived. Both could have stayed and made it. It was an immediate decision that has eternal results.   anyway, 75% of the casualties I'm seeing could be avoided with camo screens, overhead cover, and discipline.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#14]
There's gotta be an easy way to calculate the height of the drone by the time of fall, but I don't know what it is.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#15]
What is that they are dropping? Small motor rounds?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What is that they are dropping? Small motor rounds?
View Quote

30mm automatic grenade launcher round.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Yahtzee!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Combat is like that - options were to go went left, right, or stay. Soldier went right and most likely died. Soldier went left an lived. Both could have stayed and made it. It was an immediate decision that has eternal results.   anyway, 75% of the casualties I'm seeing could be avoided with camo screens, overhead cover, and discipline.
View Quote

After being in a region in Iraq that, for a while anyway, was heavily mortared and rocketed I eventually realized that it didn't matter what I did.  If it was my time to get exploded it was my time.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I liken it to being outside in a lightning storm, never know where it's going to hit but being near certain things doing certain things can attract it. Sometimes it doesn't matter how fit, smart, well trained or equipped you are, when it's your time, it's your time.

ETA: And this:

Quoted:

After being in a region in Iraq that, for a while anyway, was heavily mortared and rocketed I eventually realized that it didn't matter what I did.  If it was my time to get exploded it was my time.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#20]
?????? ???????
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Jewelry hit?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:27:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Ouch
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm writing a grant right now to get some small drones for my tech club at school.  Part of my sales pitch is how being a drone operator is a career of the future.  Perhaps I should add Commie Slayer to the list along with real estate photography and building inspection.
View Quote

Add tower inspections to the list too.

A good drone operator can save me $3000 a day.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Adding a 26" shotgun loaded with #4 to my SHTF kit
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wow, just wow... guy played too many video games. And holy shit, his leadership should have been fired on the spot for letting him do that. The National Guard for ya...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was right and it worked. What did he do wrong?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

During AIT, I was OpFor for a day, laying in the brush with an M240, I watched squad after squad get killed by the cadre as they walked under a tree with a 155mm "IED" just sitting in a crook in the branches about 12-18' above the ground, not even hidden. Cadre was laughing afterwards and told me in all of the training cycles that year, only 2 people had ever scanned up and saved their squads. It sure stuck with me that danger isn't just a flat plane.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#28]
That's a nice trench, be a shame if something happened to it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed, that’s a new level of stupid
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:52:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't understand what's going on... they apparently can't see or hear the drone, but almost immediately when they drop the grenade they are running?

and the one guy ditches his rifle... outta the trench... da fuq?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was working on a high-rise job in Chicago over 40 years ago. We were putting up a tower crane. The foreman and I were on the ground crew sending sections up. One of the guys that was connecting dropped a stainless steel nut. It rattled down inside of the tower I turned to run away from the tower. The old hand I was working with grabbed me by the arm and told me to stand still. Just after he stopped me the nut passed over us and bounced approximately where I'd had been if I'd run. He turned to me and said you have a much better chance of not getting hit if you just stay in one spot. Because when you don't the crazy thing will take a funny bounce at the last minute and wipe you out.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Did he died?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Interesting blue smoke.  Gender reveal grenade?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Ascertain the height from which the object fell. Multiply the height by the object's acceleration due to gravity. The acceleration due to gravity is 32.2 ft/s^2 for English units, or 9.8 m/s^2 for SI units. If you drop an object from 15 feet, for example, you would multiply 15 ft * 32.2 ft/s^2 to get 483 ft^2/s^2.

Multiply the result by 2. For example, 483 ft^2/s^2 * 2 = 966 ft^2/s^2.

Quoted:
There's gotta be an easy way to calculate the height of the drone by the time of fall, but I don't know what it is.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Ain't that some shit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:02:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ascertain the height from which the object fell. Multiply the height by the object's acceleration due to gravity. The acceleration due to gravity is 32.2 ft/s^2 for English units, or 9.8 m/s^2 for SI units. If you drop an object from 15 feet, for example, you would multiply 15 ft * 32.2 ft/s^2 to get 483 ft^2/s^2.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#38]
They literally put a warhead on a forehead. Nice.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Why you no like MAFS?    

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:40:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:17:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is going to happen when a guy balancing on a tree limb and (probably) holding an M-60 in his arms starts firing it?
If he survives that, he is out in the open with no cover and not much concealment. M-60 is not for killing per se, but for making the enemy keep their heads down. For that, the gunner needs to survive beyond the first exchange of fire. Lastly, how is he going to relocate under fire?

How did I do?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:30:16 AM EDT
[#42]
So the drone pulled the bomb out of the sack, gave it a 1, 2, 3, and dropped it?

Looks fake….
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What is going to happen when a guy balancing on a tree limb and (probably) holding an M-60 in his arms starts firing it?
If he survives that, he is out in the open with no cover and not much concealment. M-60 is not for killing per se, but for making the enemy keep their heads down. For that, the gunner needs to survive beyond the first exchange of fire. Lastly, how is he going to relocate under fire?

How did I do?
View Quote

You forgot the balancing act if he has to try to reload. And then of course the medic will be occupied treating his dumb ass when he falls out of the tree.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:20:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:27:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Amazing to me that the Russians aren’t jamming all that
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:28:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Ouch
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:45:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:15:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Good shot
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#49]
what triggered them to start running? sound of the drone?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:39:22 AM EDT
[#50]
The things that can be done with readily available tech and basic knowledge  is amazing.Stuff like this is why trying to regulate or ban guns seems useless.With as much brainpower and ingenuity that exist on just arfcom alone an invading force wouldn’t stand much of a chance.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top