Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:03:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WTF is wrong with you?

You dislike Rugers?

TX-22 is a solid choice. It's no Ruger, but hey...good second place.
View Quote

I'll get back to you when I discover how to put them back together.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:08:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not just get a better Ruger

Of course I would go shorter if I intended to use a can on it.  

-Mike
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:40:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@Abominable, that looks bitchin', what does it sound like?
View Quote

I’m dying to find out but I’m still waiting on my infringement to go through. There’s videos of it on YouTube though.
GSL Tech Pill Bottle Suppressor

@MT_Mauser
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
WTF is wrong with you?

You dislike Rugers?

View Quote

I’m getting ready to buy a TX22 competition because I’m dissatisfied with my MKIV 22/45 lite as a suppressor host.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

It has like four parts. What's the issue?

It takes 30 seconds to field strip and reassemble an MK III. An MK IV is even faster.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I’m getting ready to buy a TX22 competition because I’m dissatisfied with my MKIV 22/45 lite as a suppressor host.
View Quote

What don't you like, out of curiosity?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#7]

I have the FN 502, Sig 322, and a chopped and threaded Mark IV.  Just waiting for my can to get out of jail.

Here are my impressions after regularly shooting these over the last month:

FN 502: Great trigger (1lb 12oz), nice tall sights, completely reliable with all ammo,  very accurate, 15 round mag easy loading

Sig 322: Disappointing trigger (3lb 12oz), great fiber optic sights, regularly jams every few mags, less accurate,  20 round mag easy to load but sloppy loading causes jams

Mark IV: OK Trigger (You'll want an upgrade), red dot sight (I prefer open sights), completely reliable with most ammo, extremely accurate, 10 round magazine easy to load

I thought I would love the Sig... and it's really a nice pistol for what it is, but the FN 502 is clearly superior.

It will be interesting how they perform when I get the suppressor.  

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#8]
My Walther PPK is a great suppressor host.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It has like four parts. What's the issue?

It takes 30 seconds to field strip and reassemble an MK III. An MK IV is even faster.
View Quote

MkIV disassembles like an AR15 upper. Pop the back pin and take out the BCG. Couldn't be easier.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Lots of great guns mention that you can put a suppressor on. However, think about picking one where you can actually use the sights without trouble.

Rugers and Buckmarks are two good examples where the suppressor won’t mask your sights. I have a couple Berettas that look cool with a can and the Walther P22 I used to have was fun, but those guns aren’t as practical if you really want to shoot with an unhindered sight picture.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF is wrong with you?

You dislike Rugers?

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, huh?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Seriously, it's not rocket surgery.

The MkIV is even easier. It's literally one push of a button.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked this S&W Victory up primarily because was the first one I found available with threads after i picked up my can.  Shoots well, comes with a rail, needed a little tweak with the ejector right out of the box.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Owned a few. 2 different mk2s and a 22/45
View Quote

SR22
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I’m dying to find out but I’m still waiting on my infringement to go through. There’s videos of it on YouTube though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLi6lFc_-_M
@MT_Mauser
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Abominable, that looks bitchin', what does it sound like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLi6lFc_-_M
@MT_Mauser

I'm disturbingly intrigued about a pill bottle.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
CP33, you’ll thank me after you shoot it.
View Quote

I freaking love the one I just got. The sling made it perfect. Now if my stupid mask would get here.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I have found that my Ruger mark IV 22/45 lite is not reliable as a suppressor host.  I've thrown so much money in volquartsen and other parts/mags/ammo chasing better reliability but it's just not satisfactory.  I want to love this gun and there are so many good things about it when it runs right but I wouldn't recommend it at all.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Just do the right thing and get a Ruger.

50+ yard shots are easy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I really like my M&P Compact .22.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes

Hell no. Never again.

Screw that stupid glued-on muzzle thread adapter and it's propensity to come off with the can.   If you're going to get a Ruger get a MkIV with the solid barrel and the light rail under the barrel.

Quoted:

Seriously, it's not rocket surgery.

It's stupid, shitty design because there are several ways to make mistakes when re-assembling that will lock it up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have found that my Ruger mark IV 22/45 lite is not reliable as a suppressor host.  I've thrown so much money in volquartsen and other parts/mags/ammo chasing better reliability but it's just not satisfactory.  I want to love this gun and there are so many good things about it when it runs right but I wouldn't recommend it at all.
View Quote

Weird. My experience has been just the opposite. Mine runs flawlessly.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Advantage Arms G19 conversion on a PSA Dagger Frame. Have yet to test everything, as my stamps just recently came in.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most of them will run like tops if you keep the chamber clean.  That generally requires a .25 cal brush spun around in there after any decent sized range trip, otherwise you'll hit 2-3k rounds and start getting failures to feed and extract.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're either letting your gun get way too dirty, using shit ammo, or both.

Mine is flawless with CCI standard velocity and it's all stock.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#24]
One that hasn’t been mentioned, but shouldn’t be discounted, is the Kel-Tec CP33. Mine has been 100% reliable when using a speed loader that prevents rimlock. The benefit as a suppressor host is that the bolt is internal and there is no slide noise - except for the ejection port, everything is covered by the extruded aluminum receiver. Trigger is nice, plenty of rail space. Just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've heard this from other people quite a bit.  I don't know why but my gun has fits of failures off and on and it's a bunch of different things.  Failure to feed, eject, extract you name it.  Sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's not.  It's not magazine specific. I've spent more money in parts costs than the gun itself chasing solutions.  Put it back stock again, sometimes it will run a bit without issue but it always returns to running problematic no matter what I do.  I clean the thing more than any other firearm I own.  I don't own any other firearm that is this finicky and unreliable. I am on the search for something else for my 22 suppressor host needs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You're either letting your gun get way too dirty, using shit ammo, or both.

Mine is flawless with CCI standard velocity and it's all stock.
View Quote

I only shoot CCi SV.   Clean after every shoot.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Most of them will run like tops if you keep the chamber clean.  That generally requires a .25 cal brush spun around in there after any decent sized range trip, otherwise you'll hit 2-3k rounds and start getting failures to feed and extract.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never had to use a chamber brush on either my MkII or MkIV.

I use a Boresnake for the barrel, and occasionally use a dental pick to clean the extractor groove and the gunk that builds up on the corner of the breechface opposite the ejection port. That's pretty much it.

My experience is that too much gunk buildup can cause light strikes by cushioning the bolt, but otherwise cleaning has been very minimal.

Just like my ARs, I keep the bolt wet but hardly ever clean it, and that seems to work well for me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've heard this from other people quite a bit.  I don't know why but my gun has fits of failures off and on and it's a bunch of different things.  Failure to feed, eject, extract you name it.  Sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's not.  It's not magazine specific. I've spent more money in parts costs than the gun itself chasing solutions.  Put it back stock again, sometimes it will run a bit without issue but it always returns to running problematic no matter what I do.  I clean the thing more than any other firearm I own.  I don't own any other firearm that is this finicky and unreliable. I am on the search for something else for my 22 suppressor host needs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that, as it sounds frustrating.

The M&P-22C seems to be a good host, and the CP-33 is next on my list personally.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#29]
You probably won't go wrong with either the Ruger or the Browning. I like Buckmarks a lot, but it's a personal choice.

Don't need to take it apart. Light scrub with CLP of the ramp and internals with the dental end of a brass brush, mop it out, very light coat of Mobil 1, run a boresnake and you're done. It's a five minute job, and mine runs like a top after eight years and thousands of rounds.

Very little experience with suppressors, but yesterday I watched a frustrated guy with a high dollar CZ 457 and a brand new suppressor that was throwing a shotgun pattern at 50 yards. They were just getting ready to pull the suppressor to see if that was the problem when I left.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's stupid, shitty design because there are several ways to make mistakes when re-assembling that will lock it up.
View Quote

Honestly, sounds like you just need to know how to do it properly. Not trying to criticize. Knowing how it goes together is all it takes to eliminate frustration.

Insert bolt, flip hammer up, put lower and upper together, and rotate muzzle up 45 when putting mainspring back in.

Works every time.

It even took me a few seconds to get the spring latch open.

Field Stripping and reassembling Ruger 22/45
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#31]

The suppressor is good for 50 rounds and you have to send it back to the manufacturer?

ummmm, no.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

My best shooting suppressed 22 pistol is a Volquartsen scorpion on a mk IV frame. Actually the only thing that is Ruger is the frame. Everything else is Volquartsen. Trigger, springs, bolt, etc.

Sucks that you are having issues with your Ruger. I’ve never owned a bad one. Stock or otherwise.

Had a 22/45 lite once for a bit. Ended up selling it. I still like the regular MKIIs and MKIVs better. But it worked just fine with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I’ve got a 22/45 Lite and and I prefer my TX22 by far above it.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The suppressor is good for 50 rounds and you have to send it back to the manufacturer?

ummmm, no.

View Quote

If it was gonna be your only rimfire can I would agree. Sexiness often comes with high maintenance.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top