BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They can repeatedly launch rockets to an orbiting space station with great accuracy, what makes anyone think their other rockets aren’t as accurate?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russia shoots a nuke, it will prolly go to China.

They can repeatedly launch rockets to an orbiting space station with great accuracy, what makes anyone think their other rockets aren’t as accurate?

Honest answer is maintenance
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Why are they importing any electricity at all. I would think that would be a national security issue for Finland.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Honest answer is maintenance
View Quote

Our maintenance ain't shit either.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
IIRC Hitler lost it when he came down with Parkinsons, allegedly that was the reason he invaded Russia sooner than he wanted. He was dying and he wanted to get it on. I sometimes wonder if that is why Putin has gone so far over the edge.
Who knows.
View Quote

That's what I was wondering....
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Seriously. Before Elon, our astronauts were bumming a ride with the Russians.

When you look at how we did in Iraq and Afghanistan, why does anyone think we can for sure win. Russia isn't some 3rd world shithole with guys in robes living in caves.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They can repeatedly launch rockets to an orbiting space station with great accuracy, what makes anyone think their other rockets aren't as accurate?

When you look at how we did in Iraq and Afghanistan, why does anyone think we can for sure win. Russia isn't some 3rd world shithole with guys in robes living in caves.

Outside of a few major cities it is a 3rd world shit hole.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can we make anything
?
Yes we can, but there will be tooling up period.
The difference between even 50 years ago is that weapons can be launched via subs that can target mfg facilities.

You make Genesis protective eyewear for the military?
Cruise missile for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really hope China and India don’t get involved.
Things seem easy with them standing back.

I’m not sure we’ll win if China and India step up. Where are the parts of our weapons made? If China cuts us off, can we make anything?

Can we make anything
?
The difference between even 50 years ago is that weapons can be launched via subs that can target mfg facilities.

You make Genesis protective eyewear for the military?
Cruise missile for you.

Lol, I am just some guy and I have a lathe, mill, MIG, TIG, press brake, shear, forge, and even a small smelter for casting parts with all the tooling. Basically a small fabrication and metalworking shop all just out in the pole barn. America still has a fuck ton of small shops like mine, can I build a B-2, nope, but I could produce a shitload of components for one. I am out in the middle of fuck no where Ohio. So many people are clueless as to the capacity of Americans, but they probably live in the city or suburbs and no fuck all nothing about being self sufficient.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#8]
So serious question.

You are engaged in a conflict where all sorts of people are sanctioning you.

Why would you not cut all exports?

If we went to war against mexico I can't imagine providing them resources to fight me.

I mean Russians are assholes but them providing power to Europe during this is baffling
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:03:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They can repeatedly launch rockets to an orbiting space station with great accuracy, what makes anyone think their other rockets aren't as accurate?

With a fuck load of nukes and energy that is keeping Europe warm in the winter.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#10]
This is actually great news.   Forces Europe to become energy independent.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So serious question.

You are engaged in a conflict where all sorts of people are sanctioning you.

Why would you not cut all exports?

If we went to war again mexico I can't imagine providing them resources to fight me.

I mean Russians are assholes but them providing power to Europe during this is baffling
View Quote

They have to.

What else do they have? They're heavily reliant on foreign powers for tech, foreign workers for infrastructure, and aren't leaders in really any field except raw materials.

Their side gig is getting embarrassed on TV and the internet so that's going to decline...
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thing it's not winter and their nukes are as ill maintained as their other hardware. They simply can't afford proper maintenance on all their nukes. They don't have the budget for it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good thing it's not winter and their nukes are as ill maintained as their other hardware. They simply can't afford proper maintenance on all their nukes. They don't have the budget for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then push east my good man. Leave me and my taxes out of it.

Just feels like if it was some bs third world shit hole like Libya we would have already bombed them back to the stone age.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then cutting off energy should not be a headline. It's kinda the OP topic.

Push east to the Pacific

Eta. I'm all in for Europe to expand east. Just leave me out of it. Let's Go Europe!!!

Eta 2. Drill baby drill and sell that shit to Europe
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
President Potato will send power there and brownout a couple of Republican states.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Isn’t that called leukemia with a Napoleon complex?
View Quote

Actually, acute leukemia can bring death within 2 months. Lower can be treated, never cured.  There is also Non Hodgkins B-cell lymphoma which is in 3 grades, all curable. The worst is a high grade that requires chemo and possible bone marrow transplants and more. The low grade ~~ done with 6 - 8 weeks of infusion. Don't ask how I know.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Meanwhile in DC, CornPops shit his diapers again.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:37:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
WW3 unfolding in slow motion.
View Quote

Russia can't even roll Ukraine, if they tried to stir the pot with anyone else no-ones coming to their aid, that's not how a world war works.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:38:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:03:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

When you look at how we did in Iraq and Afghanistan, why does anyone think we can for sure win. Russia isn’t some 3rd world shithole with guys in robes living in caves.

View Quote

Because the nature of the kind of conflict we were fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan was fundamentally different from how we would be fighting Russia. In the case of Iraq, we actually did make quick work of their conventional military. It was the long term COIN stuff in a region of complicated tribal and ethnic conflicts that was difficult.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Russia takes a dim view on you making light of the situation.
View Quote

Translation: Russia is a bunch of dim bulbs
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This current event has potential.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:40:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, this place keeps coming up with that crap, but not only can they dock a capsule with the space station, they carried OUR astronauts there for years when we didn't have the capability. And for the Musk Derangement people, they still would be if not for SpaceX.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:42:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Because the nature of the kind of conflict we were fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan was fundamentally different from how we would be fighting Russia. In the case of Iraq, we actually did make quick work of their conventional military. It was the long term COIN stuff in a region of complicated tribal and ethnic conflicts that was difficult.
View Quote

Nation building.  Not good at that with a culture that doesn't match ours like Europe did after WWII.  
In that area of the world we should have just destroyed.  Let them build back and destroy again if necessary.
Preferably before they are able to plan and execute terrorist attacks here.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:43:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And that right there would be the best thing that ever happened to us in my lifetime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not sure we’ll win if China and India step up. Where are the parts of our weapons made? If China cuts us off, can we make anything?

Can we make anything?

And that right there would be the best thing that ever happened to us in my lifetime.

Except for the years of a totally crashed economy, large numbers of dead Americans and everything costing a LOT more (that is of the things that were still available to buy).
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:43:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah, this place keeps coming up with that crap, but not only can they dock a capsule with the space station, they carried OUR astronauts there for years when we didn't have the capability. And for the Musk Derangement people, they still would be if not for SpaceX.
View Quote

That was a choice.  We could have continued the space shuttle.  It just would have cost more than hitching a ride with the new found "friendly" Russia.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:50:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That was a choice.  We could have continued the space shuttle.  It just would have cost more than hitching a ride with the new found "friendly" Russia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That wasn't the point. If they can dock a capsule with the space station, they have the technology to dock a nuke over NYC, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, LA and dozens of other cities and military bases.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:52:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much this.

Don’t forget WW1 started with some Duke getting shot.

Rf
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:55:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Lol, I am just some guy and I have a lathe, mill, MIG, TIG, press brake, shear, forge, and even a small smelter for casting parts with all the tooling. Basically a small fabrication and metalworking shop all just out in the pole barn. America still has a fuck ton of small shops like mine, can I build a B-2, nope, but I could produce a shitload of components for one. I am out in the middle of fuck no where Ohio. So many people are clueless as to the capacity of Americans, but they probably live in the city or suburbs and no fuck all nothing about being self sufficient.
View Quote

Amen to that, and I love building my own parts.

I'm saving for a 3 axis now, it'll be a few years but can't wait for the parts I'll be able to turn out.

I really want to be able to build my own wheels for my cars with things in my shop and a big block of aluminum.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:56:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't give a single fuck about China or India, and I seriously doubt either one of those tard states is gonna step up.whatever that means.

The Western Hemisphere is going to win, and so will whoever we choose to feed. Buckle up, it's gonna be glorious.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:57:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nukes offer security, not the strength to impose will.

Russia wants things and isn't getting them. Russia weak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russia mad.
Russia weak.
Russia mad that Russia weak.

Any nation with as many nukes as Russia has is not weak.  Also, let's face it, we aren't Putin admirers around here, but the Globalists is trying to take out one of the greatest bulwarks against them.

Nukes offer security, not the strength to impose will.

Russia wants things and isn't getting them. Russia weak.

How is that will we imposed in Iraq and Afghanistan working out?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:08:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The cosmonauts in that space station are younger than Russian nukes and ICBMs.
Their troops have ww2 helmets and cardboard stuffed in plate carriers. They can't keep their tanks running or fueled.
But they maintained those ICBMs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their troops have ww2 helmets and cardboard stuffed in plate carriers. They can't keep their tanks running or fueled.

That is the question of the day. They've displayed their inept ability to maintain their conventional forces or even support minimal supply lines on their own border.
But we are expected to believe they've somehow done better with their nuclear arsenal?
Bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:15:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reason the troops are using WWII helmets and stuffing cardboard in their plate carriers is because the one thing Putin spent money on was nuclear weapons. You don't think he saw what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan? He knows he could never match the US in a conventional war, and ever since the collapse of the Soviet Union, Russia's only hope for survival has been to maintain their nuclear deterrent.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:25:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:29:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Um... yes.  We can and do.  The USA is a manufacturing juggernaut.   If the need arises, we can spin up domestic manufacturing for things that were off-shored.   No problem.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:32:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The reason the troops are using WWII helmets and stuffing cardboard in their plate carriers is because the one thing Putin spent money on was nuclear weapons. You don't think he saw what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan? He knows he could never match the US in a conventional war, and ever since the collapse of the Soviet Union, Russia's only hope for survival has been to maintain their nuclear deterrent.
View Quote

A year ago, the New Yorker, Forbes, and others were screaming how NATO needed to step up its game because Putin had spent so much money modernizing their Army and Navy.

The only Navy they modernized was a fleet of fucking superyachts.   Russia did its typical Russian things.   Its a failed state lurching forward on inertia alone.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:32:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't believe it. Not even close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe it. Not even close.

OK. But the Satan II launch went off without a hitch.

Probably just Russian propaganda though. Best to keep listening to Hannity, he'll steer you straight.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:34:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

A year ago, the New Yorker, Forbes, and others were screaming how NATO needed to step up its game because Putin had spent so much money modernizing their Army and Navy.

The only Navy they modernized was a fleet of fucking superyachts.   Russia did its typical Russian things.   Its a failed state lurching forward on inertia alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a gas station masquerading as a country, am I right?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:45:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

you could fire off every nuke on the planet at once and life would go on. 4 out of 5 are targetted at the same spot.

over THOUSANDS of nuclear tests have been conducted. Nuclear winter/super mutants on the national mall is movie/video game bullshit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any nation with as many nukes as Russia has is not weak.  Also, let's face it, we aren't Putin admirers around here, but the Globalists is trying to take out one of the greatest bulwarks against them.

you could fire off every nuke on the planet at once and life would go on. 4 out of 5 are targetted at the same spot.

over THOUSANDS of nuclear tests have been conducted. Nuclear winter/super mutants on the national mall is movie/video game bullshit

Yes, but a nuclear conflict would still result in millions dead, then billions later. Along with the destruction of civilization as we know it.

Another civilization would have to rise from the ruins. All I can say about that civilization is that it wouldn't look like Mad Max.

As for things as they are right now all I can say is that certain people aren't dying fast enough or horrifically enough. Lessons need to be taught.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:49:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like the plot of a 'B' rated horror flick..... definate clown world
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:50:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Why are they importing any electricity at all. I would think that would be a national security issue for Finland.
View Quote

We are witnessing the death of globalism.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:33:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Don't worry. keep doing the "duck & cover", and we'll let you know when it safe for you and some of the others here to come out from under your desk.

Attachment Attached File

Quoted:
Every thread is a canned sunshine thread now.

lol....yea first it was a year of "COVID's going to kill us all". Then it was a year of "the vax is going to kill us all". Now the latest rage is "Pootie is going to kill us all".
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:01:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Just a gas station masquerading as a country, am I right?
View Quote

Do they frighten you?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:02:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We are witnessing the death of globalism.
View Quote

And it's lovely.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:39:59 AM EDT
[#48]
This is where Sweden and Norway buy cheap Russian electric capacity, mark it way tf up, and resell it to Finland.

Profit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:44:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
shocking news!
too soon?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:57:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't get this.

Two years ago Arf was calling for nuclear first strike against a nuclear nation.

Earlier this year Arf was cheering a politician who'd use a first strike option against Russia.

Now we're suddenly worried about nuclear war?
View Quote

Reality has set in that it could actually happen.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top