Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2001 1:52:36 PM EDT
Has anyone here ever returned a defective firearm to Davidsons under their lifetime guarantee?  I am seriously considering taking them up on their offer. Some of you will know what weapon I'm talking about from previous threads. I need to know how I'd go about doing the return, and will they refund the money (doubtful)or will they send me an identical unit? And can I go directly through Davidsons or must I locate the nomadic gunshow dealer who sold me the thing?  Thanks for the advice.

RyanG
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, no complaints here.

About two years ago I bought Colt that kept wandering all over the place. After going nuts trying to figure out WTF was going on for a week, I realized that the barrel was trying to rotate. It wasn't Colt's fault, I finally found a crack in the upper receiver on one side of the indexing slot.
It was from an out of state dealer, so I tried Davidsons first just for the hell of it, & they said to send them the whole thing including the bolt. I had the new one a week later.

I didn't really expect them to exchange it - someone just beat the crap out of the rifle during shipping (The index pin on the barrel was banged up too). I think UPS did the damage, & should've paid for it, but if there was a complaint filed at all, Davidsons took care of it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks... I just may have to do that, so that I can sell this POS I got sucked into as new-in-the-box.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks... I just may have to do that, so that I can sell this POS I got sucked into as new-in-the-box.
View Quote

what gun is it? what's wrong with it?
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The last time was a handgun and Davidsons were true to their word.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#6]
It's a carbon-15... this is the second time I'll have had to send it back, this time for a bent gas tube and total failure to operate. I guess I got one of the early models cuz the sucker has never worked right. I want a colt or bushmaster preban if I can find a decent deal on one. So if I can return this one to davidsons and they send me a new one.. I can sell that one as new, or trade up at a shop. A thousand dollar learning experience. I'm rather bitter about the whole thing.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#8]
It's in writing, and posted on their website, that if anything happens to the firearm they will immediatly replace it if it's in stock, or fix it at no charge if it's not. I just didn't know how to go about doing it. I dunno if it's transferrable.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#9]
btt
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Davidsons will replace any defective gun they sell. I have never had a problem with them at all. Very good folks to deal with. If you call them ask for Debrah and tell her Gary at Sportsman's Supply told you to call her.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Methinks the warranty is only extended to the ORIGINAL purchaser of the firearm in question.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Hambone,
You are correct about it only being good for the original owner
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top