Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hope the actress playing Maddie took some acting lessons in between.
View Quote

At least she is no longer a Walker.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Disappointed after two episodes. Taking too long to get to any action and the daughter is in it way too much for my taste. The best and most realistic part was the earthquake. I've been through worse but that is how they be like.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not to be Debbie Downer but I hope that Connelly hasn't made this series woke like he has with the books. The last book was horrible with every page mentioning the state of masks for the characters. I get it that it takes place during Covid. Mention the mask once and move on to the actual story.
View Quote

I can't read his books. 1/2 of a page will be driving directions that mean nothing to people that live outside LA.  Long ass descriptions of minor characters, etc.  It is almost like he gets paid by the word.  I have similar feeling about Elmor Lenord.  But, TV shows and movies  based on their work is awesome.

Harry took a left on Wilson went two blocks then north on Rose to the crossroads with Arrow where he took a left going past Ho Lee Fucks Chinese take out, stopping at the light on Parish before heading south on ...................................................  Fuck that shit.

ETA:  Wife and I are going to watch it after the Miami F1 Sprint race.  Give me a spoiler.  Is there a cameo of Chief Irv Irving saying "Fucking Hary Bosch"?
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Harry took a left on Wilson went two blocks then north on Rose to the crossroads with Arrow where he took a left going past Ho Lee Fucks Chinese take out, stopping at the light on Parish before heading south on ...................................................  Fuck that shit.
View Quote
I've never gotten this impression while reading his books.

I have looked up street names, and restaurants, based on the books mentioning them. Mentioning real places makes it seem a little more real.
The Bradbury building is an amazing building on the inside.
Bosch's house, at 1870 Blue Heights Dr., Los Angeles is  pretty crappy looking from the outside, but it does have an impressive view.  It is valied at $2 million by zillow.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I heard they are pretty decent windshield wipers.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Already miss the opening music.
View Quote

I had the same thought. The opening music from the original series was excellent. The new one, not so much.

The show is very good though. Watched the first two episodes last night.

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Forgot it dropped yesterday. Off to watch a couple of episodes.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Miss J Edgar
View Quote

A tranny Det. Edgar? Now that would peg the woke-o-meter!
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#10]
“I, too am a victim of gun violence”

“Facial recognition software is notorious for miss identifying people of color”

Writing in this show sucks donkey balls and they need to GTFO with the SJ bullshit

Still want Harry’s XJ
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I still don't get GD's hate for the Maddie character/actress.

She's not that bad.  She plays a 20 something trying to figure out what to do with her life.  She's not 'wooden' or 'capable of one emotion', and she doesn't need acting classes.

The show is awesome, currently binging the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

She's not that bad.  She plays a 20 something trying to figure out what to do with her life.  She's not 'wooden' or 'capable of one emotion', and she doesn't need acting classes.

View Quote
Well said
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
“I, too am a victim of gun violence”

“Facial recognition software is notorious for miss identifying people of color”

Writing in this show sucks donkey balls and they need to GTFO with the SJ bullshit

Still want Harry’s XJ
View Quote

that was expected his Charlie Chan partner not knowing what a KIA was pretty poor writing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I can't read his books. 1/2 of a page will be driving directions that mean nothing to people that live outside LA.  Long ass descriptions of minor characters, etc.  It is almost like he gets paid by the word.  I have similar feeling about Elmor Lenord.  But, TV shows and movies  based on their work is awesome.

ETA:  Wife and I are going to watch it after the Miami F1 Sprint race.  Give me a spoiler.  Is there a cameo of Chief Irv Irving saying "Fucking Hary Bosch"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not to be Debbie Downer but I hope that Connelly hasn't made this series woke like he has with the books. The last book was horrible with every page mentioning the state of masks for the characters. I get it that it takes place during Covid. Mention the mask once and move on to the actual story.

Get an LA city map? Or just gloss over like reading GOT "dude #322 got his head cut off, dude #343 got stabbed in the back,  dude #344 lost his head due to a chicken,  oh, there goes #345 too..."

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#15]
What's this Freevee BS?  Am I about to see commercials??
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

One 15 second commercial per break.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Glad I saw this thread, had no idea there was a new show!  I'm watching it now (E04) and I like it.  It seems grittier and more film noir-ish.  You would have thought someone in Hollyweird would have figured out the whole MEDIC-CORPSMAN-MARINE-FMF SAILOR relationship by now.

I like Maddie, her acting is ok and she's attractive, kind of tomboy, girl next door.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Miss that song.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got a feeling and I can't let go
Miss that song.

So glad I can skip the intro.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
that was expected his Charlie Chan partner not knowing what a KIA was pretty poor writing.
View Quote

A lot of civilians don't know military terminology, especially the young.  Shit, I know people who don't know the Marine Corps exist, it's all "Army" and "Soldiers" to them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Crate and Barrel are in episode 4.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just out of curiousity, do you think they can produce an episode of Bosch for you to watch, with no expected income?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Two new episodes every Friday makes it tough to binge!
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#23]
The first 4 EPs were really good. It was good to see more Bosch. Maddy is fine, i dont care for the "boot" story line. I see enough of that in The Rookie.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Something I noticed every time.   And always bugged me a little bit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is he still wearing his magazines backwards??“

That's not backwards. It's just a very old timer way of doing it. Somebody did their homework with that one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The first 4 EPs were really good. It was good to see more Bosch. Maddy is fine, i dont care for the "boot" story line. I see enough of that in The Rookie.

View Quote

We dropped that show on year 2.  The white guilt was too much.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's not backwards. It's just a very old timer way of doing it. Somebody did their homework with that one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is he still wearing his magazines backwards??“

Some people prefer them that way. Friend of mine did and he is no old timer. I gave up trying to convert him.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:14:05 AM EDT
[#27]
I recognize my old refinery
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:46:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that Marathon Carson?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:50:30 AM EDT
[#29]
I wonder if the eathquake was the production's way to "write out" the hillside house Harry has. I read that after Season 1 of Bosch the house interiors were recreated on a set and that the current owners are not happy about all of the attention the house gets from fans.

Also, maybe I missed it but was there explanation given on

1. Backstory of this Asian colleague of Harry

2. Backstory of the Black Chick that did some jobs with Harry

3. Why Honey Left her own law firm to work for someone else
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

We dropped that show on year 2.  The white guilt was too much.
View Quote
Me too. I was hoping it would be more like Southland but it just became too unrealistic and too much SJW crap in it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 5:27:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Caught the 1st 4 episodes its descent. He has not carried his 1911 or anything else for that matter so far.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:34:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I wonder if the eathquake was the production's way to "write out" the hillside house Harry has. I read that after Season 1 of Bosch the house interiors were recreated on a set and that the current owners are not happy about all of the attention the house gets from fans.

View Quote

Nope, no backstories.  I was thinking they'll fill these in later on as the series progresses.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:38:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL no shit.  I hope J. Edgar shows up in at least a cameo or something.  I can't imagine Bosch wouldn't hit him up for some info he needs for a case, like Rockford and Becker.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

LOL no shit.  I hope J. Edgar shows up in at least a cameo or something.  I can't imagine Bosch wouldn't hit him up for some info he needs for a case, like Rockford and Becker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crate, Barrel and J. Edgar were excellent supporting characters.  I particularly liked J. Edgar.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Is that Marathon Carson?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that Marathon Carson?

Yep. There actually is a poly plant next door, and of course the company names are properly changed up.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

I was dreading it too.  It really isn't bad.  Gives you a second to pee or check your phone etc and its over before you know it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Caught the 1st 4 episodes its descent. He has not carried his 1911 or anything else for that matter so far.
View Quote

Somebody didn't pay attention.  I can think of at least two times he had a gun in the first two episodes alone.  He took it off to go in the house and steal the heirlooms back for his friends daughter.  When asked by the Asian side kick why, his response was,  "I didn't want to get a 3 year enhancement for breaking and entering."

When he went to see the billionaire Vance, he took it off at the door when his security met him and put it back on when he left.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yep. There actually is a poly plant next door, and of course the company names are properly changed up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that Marathon Carson?

My eagle eye spied the Marathon logo on a warning sign when Barrel was pulling into the parking lot.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

The current "Bosch Legacy" series is based on one of the novels, "The Wrong Side of Goodbye."  As I recall, his home was heavily damaged by an earthquake in the novel. It's been a while since I read it, but the billionaire's search for his heirs is part of the storyline in the original novel.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Really liking it so far. Except for not being able to binge the entire season at once like the Prime show. There will be a second season too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Really liking it so far. Except for not being able to binge the entire season at once like the Prime show. There will be a second season too.

Amazon Freevee (formerly IMDb TV) announced the pickup of Season 2 of “Bosch: Legacy,” a spin-off of series “Bosch” that ran for seven seasons on Prime Video — ahead of the May 6 premiere of “Bosch: Legacy” on the ecommerce giant’s free, ad-supported streaming service.

Hopefully more than 4 episodes long
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

The first season is 10 episodes. There's more to come, relax!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lordy they need to hurray up
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My eagle eye spied the Marathon logo on a warning sign when Barrel was pulling into the parking lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that Marathon Carson?

Good eye!

I figured it’d be the Torrance Refinery since Eat At Rudy’s is there.

But as soon as I saw the refinery skyline with the 4+2 Coker structure I knew I was home. The logo sealed the deal, along with “PolyFirst” being next door (the real company name is PolyOne).

Now this explains the side story trip to the Sokol gas station in fucking Bakersfield.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Good eye!

I figured it’d be the Torrance Refinery since Eat At Rudy’s is there.

But as soon as I saw the refinery skyline with the 4+2 Coker structure I knew I was home. The logo sealed the deal, along with “PolyFirst” being next door (the real company name is PolyOne).

Now this explains the side story trip to the Sokol gas station in fucking Bakersfield.
View Quote

they were sloppy with that murder at the station. Cameras everywhere. The guy working there turned the pump on. Then they left the body. Totally not believeable,.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Russian mob.  Gotta be extra evil.
I note several comments on the opening theme music.  I didn’t care for the original.
The new is sort of “ meh”.
Somebody needs to pay more attention to military affairs or stay away from them.  The  “medic in navy uniform with basic training at Camp Pendleton wearing another sailors uniform so his buddy could pass the swim quails” was just stupid.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#46]
I somehow missed this. Now I'm hoping for more Ray Donavan
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

they were sloppy with that murder at the station. Cameras everywhere. The guy working there turned the pump on. Then they left the body. Totally not believeable,.
View Quote

The guy turned the pump on so he would not be next.  There is a good chance he policed up the body.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#48]
They did a Ray Donovan movie and pretty much finished the story completely.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They did a Ray Donovan movie and pretty much finished the story completely.
View Quote

I know but you know how they do things on TV and the movies, someone wakes up from  a dream...

One can always hope, I'm sure if the $$$$ are right it could happen, if not so be it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top