Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 242
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Salary is negotiable which is a plus but having "diversity" seven times on that page is no for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I haven't been around here this season for ... reasons. Just throwing this out if any of you geniuses want to apply.
Job posting.

Salary is negotiable which is a plus but having "diversity" seven times on that page is no for me.

I take it you don't see many higher ed job postings? At least this position doesn't require a written statement attesting the applicants experience with and commitment to diversity. Some positions do that, even for non-DIE positions.

BTW, I have missed y'all. It's been a bad year in a lot of ways.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

LSU is losing to A&M

View Quote

After this season I am starting to understand the darkness and nihilism of Harbaugh led Michigan of prior seasons that warped and transformed wakeboarder into the man shaped black hole he is today: capable of absorbing all light and only blasting out pure sarcasm as his psyche absorbs and crushes anything college football related that enters his gravitational pull.

It is terrifying to understand and begin to sympathize with a galaxy eating maw of nihilistic doom.  

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]
They’re gonna do everything they can to get Bama in.

You have to assume UM and LSU will be out, after UM loses to OSU and LSU loses to UGA.

Then if TCU or USC loses, Bama is in, and then will get smoked by UGA.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

After this season I am starting to understand the darkness and nihilism of Harbaugh led Michigan of prior seasons that warped and transformed wakeboarder into the man shaped black hole he is today: capable of absorbing all light and only blasting out pure sarcasm as his psyche absorbs and crushes anything college football related that enters his gravitational pull.

It is terrifying to understand and begin to sympathize with a galaxy eating maw of nihilistic doom.  

View Quote

Embrace the darkness
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You have to assume UM and LSU will be out, after UM loses to OSU and LSU loses to UGA.

View Quote

No, they’re not going to do anything to get Bama in.  Bama isn’t getting in this year.  A one loss UM or OSU isn’t getting left out.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, they’re not going to do anything to get Bama in.  Bama isn’t getting in this year.  A one loss UM or OSU isn’t getting left out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. You think the committee is gonna put 2 big 10 teams in?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 12:35:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Jeezus, THE GAME is at 0700 out here.  I'm gonna be passed out by noon.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 12:43:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

They put in 2 SEC teams last year and in 2017.

ETA:
And in other news, Alabama RB Trey Sanders had entered the transfer portal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:29:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ETA:
View Quote

Not this year, they are already lining up to put a Big 12 or Pac 12 in there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:50:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not this year, they are already lining up to put a Big 12 or Pac 12 in there.
View Quote

Oh I know there won't be 2 SEC teams in this year. I was just saying that in response to Techsan02's post.

What's interesting, also, is if this was the year they went to 8 teams. That would mean multiple teams from 2 conferences could possibly be in. And that takes into account that LSU beats UGA. They're both ranked so high that if LSU won, they'd definitely move up, but I highly doubt they'd drop UGA 8 places to #9 just so they wouldn't get in. And then Alabama, without even winning their division, much less their conference, would get in (provided they beat Auburn, which is never a given). And if Tennessee had beaten UGA, then the SEC would conceivably have 4 teams in the playoffs. And if Oregon had won 1 more game, then the PAC 12 could have 2 teams in (although that one might be a bit more difficult as those 2 teams are probably going to play for the PAC 12 championship).

A lot of people were screaming for a playoff as a way to get other teams in since the SEC seemed to win so many championships in a few years time. Then when it happened, 2 SEC teams played for the championship.....twice. Now they want 8 teams..... And I'm not saying the SEC is a better conference than any other conference. It's not. But it's just something I noticed when the playoff thing was being talked about more and more before it was implemented.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:12:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

ETA:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Sanders never really recovered from the bad automobile accident he was in.  Damn shame because he was very talented.  Hope the best for him.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:14:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they stay in the top four, which barring a blowout, they likely will.  Why wouldn’t they?  Sometimes a conference has two teams that good.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:59:41 AM EDT
[#14]
I for one, am glad the "curse of Frank Solich" is alive and well in Nebraska.  The season ticket holders have been 'subjected' to "connivence fees" for many years now.  For what???  

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:13:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If they stay in the top four, which barring a blowout, they likely will.  Why wouldn’t they?  Sometimes a conference has two teams that good.
View Quote

Doubt it, the will drop the loser of THE GAME to #5 to allow a Pac12 or Big12 in.  The conference championships will be  a huge shitstorm I predict if things don't go as expected.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:04:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, yes, they are.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:44:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Oh, yes, they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, yes, they are.

I’ll admit to living long enough to see things I never thought would happen, but I think you’re the only one I’ve seen so far that thinks Bama’s going to the playoffs.  Even Saban doesn’t appear to believe it either.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 6:55:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’ll admit to living long enough to see things I never thought would happen, but I think you’re the only one I’ve seen so far that thinks Bama’s going to the playoffs.  Even Saban doesn’t appear to believe it either.
View Quote

Sorry, I was replying to the comment, "A one loss UM or OSU isn’t getting left out."  There's no way in hell two teams from the B1G are in the playoffs this year.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 7:15:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sorry, I was replying to the comment, "A one loss UM or OSU isn’t getting left out."  There's no way in hell two teams from the B1G are in the playoffs this year.
View Quote

My thoughts … One loss UM will be out, one loss OSU will be in. I’d almost put money on that.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Michigan loses Saturday depending on the score, I could see them being left out. Bama needs a lot more than just that to happen though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 7:30:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here’s how that happens. Michigan beats OSU in a close game and wins the cc game. A 1 loss OSU has a very good chance.

All there needs to be is a couple teams stumble like USC and / or TCU. Guarantee a 1 loss OSU gets in before a 1 loss TCU or Clemson and any 2 loss team.

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My thoughts … One loss UM will be out, one loss OSU will be in. I’d almost put money on that.
View Quote

I agree with this.

Michigan's weak non conference schedule this year coupled with their performance in last years playoff will keep them out, IMO.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I agree with this.

Michigan's weak non conference schedule this year coupled with their performance in last years playoff will keep them out, IMO.
View Quote

Teams should be judged on last year’s performance?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If Michigan loses Saturday depending on the score, I could see them being left out. Bama needs a lot more than just that to happen though.
View Quote
I expect we'll jump Alabama if we win out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

yes, but only if pac and/or big 12 champs have 2 losses and GA beats LSU

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I take it you don't see many higher ed job postings? At least this position doesn't require a written statement attesting the applicants experience with and commitment to diversity. Some positions do that, even for non-DIE positions.

BTW, I have missed y'all. It's been a bad year in a lot of ways.
View Quote

Sorry to hear that. I hope things get better.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Nebraska had hopes of poaching Washington's DeBoer over the off season.

UW and DeBoer just agreed to an extension through 2028.

Nebraska is still left wanting...
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would think. But being #8 behind 2 teams with 2 losses this late is a bad sign of what the committee thinks.

This is shaping up for some valid arguments of who should have been given an opportunity.

I hope TCU wins out, OSU or Michigan, Georgia, Clemson, USC. Let’s have some serious controversy and pandemonium.

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You would think. But being #8 behind 2 teams with 2 losses this late is a bad sign of what the committee thinks.

This is shaping up for some valid arguments of who should have been given an opportunity.

I hope TCU wins out, OSU or Michigan, Georgia, Clemson, USC. Let’s have some serious controversy and pandemonium.

View Quote

Clemson loses because of conference and who beat them
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Jeezus, THE GAME is at 0700 out here.  I'm gonna be passed out by noon.
View Quote

Weak.
Almost as weak as UM's schedule.
Not as weak as Wakeboarder's trolling skills.
It's only your liver and brain that are at risk.
Cowboy up or as the South Carolina defender said. "Just drop your Nuts*"

Monk
*Your balls not a Buckeye Nut
ETA:
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Nebraska had hopes of poaching Washington's DeBoer over the off season.

UW and DeBoer just agreed to an extension through 2028.

Nebraska is still left wanting...
View Quote

Nebraska needs to hire Tom Herman or Harsin. Either one can lift them to mediocrity.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Short of TCU getting their first loss, or USC losing again, I don't see a 1-loss OSU or Michigan getting in.  You *might* be able to sneak in a 1-loss OSU, at least they would have 2 ranked wins...but right now Michigan's only ranked win is against Penn State.  The same Penn State that hasn't beaten a ranked team in like 3 seasons.  

LSU winning the SEC game makes things very interesting for a lot of teams, Georgia included...they had better go into that game ready to play.  A 2-loss SEC champ sneaks in ahead of any 1-loss Big10 team, especially Michigan.  OSU, I am not so sure....but there is little chance they would leave out Georgia for a 1-loss OSU.  A lot of this still depends on USC and TCU, if they win out it likely becomes Georgia, OSU/Michigan winner, TCU, & USC.  Georgia loses, then it's likely OSU/Michigan winner, TCU, LSU, Georgia....but I certainly wouldn't want to be Georgia in that scenario.  Given what we have seen from the committee in the past, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Georgia end up 3rd and LSU 4th.  Georgia - Ohio State would probably draw the higher ratings, although a potential repeat of Georgia - LSU would make heads explode.  

Lots of mental gymnastics remain, the best hope is that Georgia, TCU, and Ohio State or Michigan wins out...makes things a lot more simple.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In that scenario it would be UGA, OSU, TCU, USC.

Reason would be Michigan would be 1 loss but not a champ. Clemson one loss champ but was blown out and if USC wins out they would be conf champ with a “quality” one point loss against a 9-10 win Utah.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#34]
If the South Carolina team that boat raced the hell of the Vols shows up against Clemson, things could get interesting.
If the South Carolina team that lost to Uf shows up against Clemson, things will be boring.

Monk
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Just reading this thread and crying in my beer.  "There's always next year" makes me cringe...a complete disaster of a season like we had this year means a talent drain will happen in about 5 days time.  So next year is never going to have the potential that this year had.  

Jimbo should feel bad.  He should honestly feel remorseful for trashing something with so much promise.    I'm mad because he hasn't shown any remorse for the situation he has put the program in due to his pride.  "It is my fault, here's what I did wrong, here's how I'm going to fix it" is all I'd need to feel better.  He's too prideful to be self critical...THAT is my problem with him.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Jimbo should feel bad.  He should honestly feel remorseful for trashing something with so much promise.    I'm mad because he hasn't shown any remorse for the situation he has put the program in due to his pride.  "It is my fault, here's what I did wrong, here's how I'm going to fix it" is all I'd need to feel better.  He's too prideful to be self critical...THAT is my problem with him.
View Quote

Lol, why should he?  He has a $80+ million guarantee in his back pocket, a National Championship on his shelf at home, and there would be no shortage of schools who'd hire him should he decide to coach again.  College programs have a very short memory, and as crazy as it sounds, he's still a marketable commodity.  

I know it sounds harsh, but A&M put themselves in this position....and you can't blame Fisher.  You knew exactly who he was when you hired him in 2018.  He rode Jameis Winston to success in '13-14, and then proceeded to lose 12 games over the next 3 years.  Hell, A&M hired him after the 6 loss season in 2017.  Fisher managed one semi-decent season in 2020, and that was the COVID season.  Why the collective morons of A&M gave him an extension and a raise is beyond me, he's only averaged 5 losses a year otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just reading this thread and crying in my beer.  "There's always next year" makes me cringe...a complete disaster of a season like we had this year means a talent drain will happen in about 5 days time.  So next year is never going to have the potential that this year had.  

View Quote

He did the same at FSU.

Remember when we said he'd do the same at aTm?

It's been happening for a while.  You guys were just blinded by top recruiting classes and lots of money being thrown around making false promises.

Tough to learn, but that's the reality.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Seven MSU players charged with felonious assault (1), assault and battery (1), and  aggravated assault (5) stemming from the MSU v UM tunnel incident.

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#39]
*HOME night game

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Lol, why should he?  He has a $80+ million guarantee in his back pocket***snip everything else
View Quote

That's exactly why he should feel bad.  He was paid Nick Saban money and delivered Nick Shitstain results.  He should feel like a theif and a swindler.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That's exactly why he should feel bad.  He was paid Nick Saban money and delivered Nick Shitstain results.  He should feel like a theif and a swindler.
View Quote

Wait til year 7 bro

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#42]
HAIL STATE!!!

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, why should he?  He has a $80+ million guarantee in his back pocket***snip everything else

Probably shouldn't have paid him Saban money up front
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#44]
What incentive to Jimbo have to do any better?

All you have to do is suck then get fired to collect a huge paycheck.

I think someone is going to evaluate the TAMU situation and revise some contracts that are more performance based.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What incentive to Jimbo have to do any better?

All you have to do is suck then get fired to collect a huge paycheck.

I think someone is going to evaluate the TAMU situation and revise some contracts that are more performance based.
View Quote

nope. coaches' agents wont allow it.  it's a seller's market if you have the resume. for example, you think auburn would require that as a deal breaker with kiffin?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

nope. coaches' agents wont allow it.  it's a seller's market if you have the resume. for example, you think auburn would require that as a deal breaker with kiffin?
View Quote

Using Auburn as an example for coaching examples is not the brightest knife in the shed
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Using Auburn as an example for coaching examples is not the brightest knife in the shed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

okay, find your own example then and perhaps you can enlighten  the rest of us.

no wonder people have you on ignore

click
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude quit melting every post.
It’s entertainment nothing more. It doesn’t mean a thing in real life.
Whether the Ags go 0-12 or 15-0 and win a NC your life will be the same when you wake up the next day.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Whether the Ags go 0-12 or 15-0 and win a NC your life will be the same when you wake up the next day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But muh sports ball

Page / 242
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top