Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2001 9:00:51 AM EDT
Could someone explain to me how the bolt works in an AR15 pistol? I have never seen one upclose and I can't figure out how it would work without the buffer tube. Does anyone know where you can buy a pistol kit for a breban lower?
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi!
The "bufferless" AR pistols utilize a modofied bolt, kinda like one on a TEC-
Not mechanically or dimensionally like a TEC bolt, but similar theory.

You can not assemble a pistol from a reciever that has ever been in a rifle configuration.
In order for your reciever to be a legal "Pre-Ban", it has had to have been a complete gun at one point in it's life, and 99.999999999% chances are, it wasn't a pistol when it was assembled.

So, you can't legally assemble a AR pistol on a Pre lower unless it was a pistol it's whole life.
Kinda fucked up, I know.
But so is the ATF who makes such rules.

Anyway, GarryOwen may be making pistol lowers soon ([url]www.cavalryarms.com[/url])- and I can assure you I will be first on the Buy list.

In order to assemble a AR pistol today, it has to be under "50 oz's" in wieght- So a polymer lower or something along those lines is a must.
The $400.00 AR pistol kits in ShotgunNews aren't even close to being able to assemble a "under 50 oz" pistol with them, so a legal AR pistol will be spendy.

Hope this helps, and remember.
I have a gyrojet, and you don't,

McUZI
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
There's one of our own members selling one at:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=22176#lastPost[/url]

It's a 99% condition [b]post[/b]ban (30 round) AR15 pistol, and it's completely legal! It really is (legal, I mean) - Oly got around it by welding the 30 round mags (Base plates are stamped DPMS). There's a push button on the back (where the buffer tube should be), to pop them open quick (fixed mag = loading with stripers, or loading slow). I like them, can't help it - kinda useless if MV, & accuracy are important, but they definitely deserve a 10 if "cool factor" is important to you.   JMO

Kinda curious, is that "NightHawk" - as in "The American Uzi"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top