Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2022 3:28:34 PM EDT
Is this a viable gamble for commoners to buy with the hope of Musk buying it out?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, though the current price has baked in the probability of a buy out. So you are paying a premium for that possibility. If it doesnt go through, it will drop quickly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Normally this would not get a twitch out of me, but musk is a wild card.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#3]
At it's current price and with everyone circling the Twitter board's bandwagon, the risk outweighs the $10/share gain. If/when the deal falls through and Elon sells his $10%, it'll drop a ton.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Normally this would not get a twitch out of me, but musk is a wild card.
View Quote

Musk is a HELL of a wild card...  Could blow up or could fall flat with him.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Bet on a football game.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Management filed their poison pill today
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
At it's current price and with everyone circling the Twitter board's bandwagon, the risk outweighs the $10/share gain. If/when the deal falls through and Elon sells his $10%, it'll drop a ton.
View Quote

I'd laugh at every liberal with their life savings invested in twitter if that happened.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sold all my TWTR last Thursday with the chance of the value tanking in mind. The way the board is responding and the new harassment cases opened against Musk are risky variables IMO.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't buy it now.  The window is closed.

The best you'll do is break even.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#10]
For Shits and giggles, I put like 5 dollars into each
FB
AAPL
NFLX
GOOG
TSLA
MSFT
Amazon
BRKB
O Reality Income Reit

I've made $2.50+each on BRK.B and O, The others I either lost 1+ or made about a buck...

I did it just as a goof, to see what they'ed actually do and to say I owned stock in them.
Kinda like opening up a Swiss Bank account with the Min, just to say in conversation, I keep some of my funds in an offshore or Swiss account... LOL...
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Two other acquisition companies in talks to make an offer.

If there's a bidding war it stands to go up a good bit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#12]
The BoD's leadership has tanked its price in the last year and now filed for a poison pill to dilute the value if Musk moves on 15% or more. Not a lot of upside to me unless Musk all out assaults their poison pill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top