Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2001 8:00:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
(sigh)

Well, I guess everyone will be comparison shopping much more carefully now.  I know I will.  

Midway has given me excellent service, but has not usually had the lowest price, even [b]with[/b] "free" shipping.  

Perhaps they are shooting themselves in the foot, perhaps not.  Perhaps you should send your comparisons to the Pres. of Midway and let him see that you're not pleased.

I'd hate to see a good company that supports my rights go down the tubes, but they're subject to the same market forces as any other.  I'll pay a little extra to know that my order will be right, but there are other sources.

Perhaps those "other sources" are what prompted Midway's change in policies.

Also, the shipping companies have been hitting their customers with "fuel cost surcharges".  That may not apply to Joe Average.

I have a wait-and-see attitude at the moment.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 6:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I, too, hope that folks will wait and see. Comparison shopping is always recommended. Midway has served me well in the past, and I expect it will in the future. I've seen other comparisons with Midway done where Midway's price came out favorably even with shipping. The conclusion being that no company has the best price on all things all the time. Larry Potterfield took the time to post over on GGVG to explain things, maybe he will come here, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top