Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/26/2004 10:37:13 PM EDT
Lucas has taken something great and screwed it up with episodes I & II.

but why is it taking so long for the 3rd one to come out?

Link Posted: 6/26/2004 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
He had to hire real actors for this one. Maybe its due to the fact the movie SHOULD be nothing but a huge war.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He had to hire real actors for this one. Maybe its due to the fact the movie SHOULD be nothing but a huge war.

I was thinking about this the other day. The first 2 (bombs) came out in relatively short order but this one is taking forever.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
i saw some pics of the upcoming film and it looks cool. plus what I saw in the pics and from what i've heard in spoilers concludes that the so-called star wars episode 3 script I read was real. So if it was then I already know what's going to happen.

Lucas screwed it up so bad because he tried to turn it from a scifi action flick to some sort of stupid quasi-hybrid family type film(hence extremely annoying and stupid warbling robot as part of robot federation in episode 2 not to mention jar jar binks the character I wish would just DIE!)

I have no doubt in my mind that Lucas had something else in mind for the first films before he went politically correct on everyone. This whole new set of crap I don't think is what he originally wanted.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i saw some pics of the upcoming film and it looks cool. plus what I saw in the pics and from what i've heard in spoilers concludes that the so-called star wars episode 3 script I read was real. So if it was then I already know what's going to happen.

Lucas screwed it up so bad because he tried to turn it from a scifi action flick to some sort of stupid quasi-hybrid family type film(hence extremely annoying and stupid warbling robot as part of robot federation in episode 2 not to mention jar jar binks the character I wish would just DIE!)

I have no doubt in my mind that Lucas had something else in mind for the first films before he went politically correct on everyone. This whole new set of crap I don't think is what he originally wanted.

So the third movie is that bad, huh? Dammit.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was thinking about this the other day. The first 2 (bombs) came out in relatively short order but this one is taking forever.

this was the reason i was confused at first.

i though it went under the radar and flopped also.  might have gone straight to video and i wouldnt have known any better.

i just hope lucas drops this jar jar SOB , that alone would make the movie better.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

took the dog outside and didnt refresh.
i agree Karl, Jar jar and his PC veiws ruined his last two movies.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I reckon he screwed the whole Jango Fett/Boba Fett thing.

As a former Uber star wars nerd i was disappointed greatly.

Jango sooooo should have lasted ALOT longer and kicked major arse.

The rumours of the origin of boba fett were soooo much better than this clone crap
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree that Jar Jar was a bad move, but the first two movies really are pretty good if you like the story he is trying to tell. Try watching them again; the light saber duel with Darth Maul is fantastic.

Darth Vader was a very convincing bad guy in episodes 4-6, but I really enjoy seeing how he got to be that way. I also like the way that the military forces created to help the Republic fight the Clone Wars will eventually become the Enemy in the future.

Most of the Clone Wars will be off-screen between episodes 2 and 3. It has to be; there are hundreds of battles on many planets. The Clone Wars graphic novels (there are 4 of them out now)are very good and tell these stories.

Now stop bitching.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the light saber duel with Darth Maul is fantastic.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Lucas fucked up by making Darth Vader so young in the first one.
Jar-Jar Binks must die.

The second one was ok, but he should have spent a more time on the Fetts. Lucas fucked up in Strikes Back by allowing him to be caught in that Sarlacc.

The first three are very stylized, Saturday afternoon matinee. No sex, lots of corny acting.
The robots R2 and C3 fit into the story, too bad that C3 is a flaming bot.

The worst part about that series is the gay-assed intergalactic Kumbya sing-along with the rodents at the end of Revenge of the Nerds.

I don't know WTF is up with Lucas cating those pieces of shit as Anakin. Neither of them could act their way out of a wet paper bag.

Natalie Portman looked hitable in Cold Mountain.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Jar-Jar Binks must die.

The second one was ok, but he should have spent a more time on the Fetts. Lucas fucked up in Strikes Back by allowing him to be caught in that Sarlacc.

The first three are very stylized, Saturday afternoon matinee. No sex, lots of corny acting.
The robots R2 and C3 fit into the story, too bad that C3 is a flaming bot.

The worst part about that series is the gay-assed intergalactic Kumbya sing-along with the rodents at the end of Revenge of the Nerds.

I don't know WTF is up with Lucas cating those pieces of shit as Anakin. Neither of them could act their way out of a wet paper bag.

Natalie Portman looked hitable in Cold Mountain.

How so?
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Stop Bitching>?

i'll stop when the 3rd episode is as good as the Very Original 4,5,6.

he's had many many years to think up a way to make it great.

so far he has sucked 2\3 of the time in making the new trilogy.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:13:12 PM EDT
[#13]
So far I've like them all. I'm not aware that any were "flops". Some of coarse were better than others, but I don't consider any of them bad.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Theres actually supposed to be 9 movies but Lucas doesnt think he will live long enough to make all of them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Fett should of had a bigger role. Who knows, Fett might come back....

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lucas fucked up in Strikes Back by allowing him (Fett) to be caught in that Sarlacc.

How so?

Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:16:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lucas fucked up in Strikes Back by allowing him (Fett) to be caught in that Sarlacc.

How so?

Fett didnt die in the Sarlacc pit.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#17]
So what comic book does he come back in?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?

Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?

Its in a novel which is official Star Wars cannon.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Never said he died. He has 1,000 years to go...

Damn, you ARE a SW geek!  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?

Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I too have liked them all so far. I really hope Lucas makes all 9!

You must admit that a certain amount of the criticism directed at the prequels has to do with the American pop-culture habit of creating heroes and then wanting to destroy them.

Phantom Menace came out about the same time as Matrix. Matrix became the "flavor of the month" and the Star Wars franchise was called "stale and old" by the critics. We want something NEW!

So, how did you all like Matrix 2 and 3? Talk about beating a dead horse- Matrix quicly started to stink while Star Wars will remain vibrant for years. Or do you want to see more multi-ethnic (white women and black males that is) Raves? I'll admit it; I was so put off by Matrix 2 that I never saw 3. And don't plan to anytime soon.

Right now I'm listening to the extended soundtrack to Empir Strikes Back. So I AM a geek.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:26:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You must admit that a certain amount of the criticism directed at the prequels has to do with the American pop-culture habit of creating heroes and then wanting to destroy them.

Phantom Menace came out about the same time as Matrix. Matrix became the "flavor of the month" and the Star Wars franchise was called "stale and old" by the critics. We want something NEW!

So, how did you all like Matrix 2 and 3? Talk about beating a dead horse- Matrix quicly started to stink while Star Wars will remain vibrant for years. Or do you want to see more multi-ethnic (white women and black males that is) Raves? I'll admit it; I was so put off by Matrix 2 that I never saw 3. And don't plan to anytime soon.

Right now I'm listening to the expended soundtrack to Empir Strikes Back.

Star Wars will remain Vibrant for years because of the 1st 3 movies. If E1 came out first there would never have been a 4, 5 or 6.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Probably so.

Episodes 4 and 5 are IMHO among the best movies of all time.

Kinda hard to live up to that!
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?

But Boba Fett didnt do much after he got taken out...

He got rescued by another Bounty Hunter then did shit all IIRC then he gave up hunting Han Solo when they squared off with each other and they both decided they cbf to fight each other.

The rumours that Boba was the last of the Mandalors were so much cooler...
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:36:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?

He got rescued by another Bounty Hunter then did shit all IIRC then he gave up hunting Han Solo when they squared off with each other and they both decided they cbf to fight each other.

Yea didnt do much. Just took down some of the biggest bounty hunters in the galaxy and took over the bounty hunters guild
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?

Yea didnt do much. Just took down some of the biggest bounty hunters in the galaxy and took over the bounty hunters guild

Yeah but that was all boring!  The Pre falling into the Sarlacc stuff was better!  What happened to him not being part of the BH guild and being a standalone?!

We are so nerdy
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 12:02:46 AM EDT
[#26]
The beginning of the decline of the franchise was the introduction of the ewoks in RotJ.  That was the point at which Lucas decided to immasculate the Empire, invert the power structure (I still cringe whenever I picture the ewoks kicking the Stormtroopers' asses in the woods - almost as bad as Anakin's accidental destruction of the Imperial fleet in Ep. 1), and create a race largely based on its suitability as a line of toys.  Ugh.  After the final battle scenes of RotJ, I found that I could no longer take the movies or the story seriously.  A damn shame...
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The beginning of the decline of the franchise was the introduction of the ewoks in RotJ.  That was the point at which Lucas decided to immasculate the Empire, invert the power structure (I still cringe whenever I picture the ewoks kicking the Stormtroopers' asses in the woods - almost as bad as Anakin's accidental destruction of the Imperial fleet in Ep. 1), and create a race largely based on its suitability as a line of toys.  Ugh.  After the final battle scenes of RotJ, I found that I could no longer take the movies or the story seriously.  A damn shame...

Ewoks were originally supposed to be Wookies but Lucas did indeed change it to make it more marketable to kids.
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Granted the Star Wars franchise is not perfect, but what else is out there?

Another multi-etnic Matrix rave with psuedo-intellectual mumbo-jumbo?

Terminator?

Aliens with its sad sack "Colonial Marines" ?

Starship Troopes with its pretty boys wearing tee shirts so you can see their biceps?

No, I'll stick with Star Wars.

Link Posted: 6/27/2004 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Terminator?

Starship Troopes with its pretty boys wearing tee shirts so you can see their biceps?

+1 for Aliens versus Predator
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 12:17:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Sad? Those guys kicked the crap out of a bunch of menacing aliens with practically no ammo! They'd eat everybody else for lunch then nuke the remains from orbit just to be sure!
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Theoretically, Jango was the last of the mandalors, and since Boba is the only un-screwed with clone, he thusly becomes the last of the Mandalors.

The third movie has a charachter in it that fights on the  seperatists side simple because the Mandalors destroyed his world and he is out to get Jango, and Boba as the last survivors.

And I hate to break it to you all, there is a rumor flying around that Jar Jar, is not only in the third movie, but that he is also a Force adapt as well.  Which honestly would explain how his bumbling has managed to keep him alive through so much BS that should have killed him.

Mind you, I said Force adapt, not a jedi, which means that he has a base ability to manipulate the force, but not to the degree of a Jedi.

Yes, I am a star wars geek. I even have the role playing game.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 12:29:02 AM EDT
[#32]
The Ewoks kicked ass.
I like the gorilla warfare aspect of the Ewoks.
Also remember that Moff Jerjerrod didn't send renforcements to Endor.
The stupid part is the Ewok Rave at the end of Revenge of the Nerds.

I guess Star Wars and The Matrix are alike.
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#33]
"I killed them all. not just the men. i killed the women. i killed the children. i SLAUGHTERED THEM LIKE ANIMALS!!!" .....any tard couldve acted that scene and the rest of the movie better than that guy. the cast is horrible from the get-go for this movie. my .02
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 12:50:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Aliens was too intense for me to ever like much. It gave me nightmares.

as far as matrix is concerned, I honestly never really liked the matrix series all that much. I mean it was a good first film but it died so quickly. Plus I did not hype over the first film like everyone else. It came out about the same time as the mummy. if I had to pick between the two, I'd pick the mummy.

That being said with matrix and mummy, I still think star wars is a flop regardless of matrix or mummy's standpoint. The original 3 were good but these others have had it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 1:16:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Ages ago I was hoping they would do the Mandalor vs Jedi war thing .

Wookies vs Stormtroopers would have been so much cooler.  But seeing how wookies live up in the trees of Kashyyyk or whatever, it would be harder...

Stupid ewoks
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 1:37:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Wookies vs Waffen SS?

Quoted:
Ages ago I was hoping they would do the Mandalor vs Jedi war thing .

Wookies vs Stormtroopers would have been so much cooler.  But seeing how wookies live up in the trees of Kashyyyk or whatever, it would be harder...

Stupid ewoks

Link Posted: 6/27/2004 4:23:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right now I'm listening to the expended soundtrack to Empir Strikes Back.

Star Wars will remain Vibrant for years because of the 1st 3 movies. If E1 came out first there would never have been a 4, 5 or 6.

Total bullshit.  Comic geeks don't determine the success or failure of a movie, the rest of the public does.  There is a whole generation that doesn't even know about 4-6 and they liked 1&2.
Just because some guy living in his mom's basement surrounded by stacks of comic books feels letdown that his childhood dream of Star Wars isn't panning out doesn't mean that the movies "suck" or that they aren't and won't be succesful.
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 4:51:46 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Total bullshit.  Comic geeks don't determine the success or failure of a movie, the rest of the public does.  There is a whole generation that doesn't even know about 4-6 and they liked 1&2.
Just because some guy living in his mom's basement surrounded by stacks of comic books feels letdown that his childhood dream of Star Wars isn't panning out doesn't mean that the movies "suck" or that they aren't and won't be succesful.

Link Posted: 6/27/2004 4:59:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Fett fell into the pit in Jedi.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 5:08:53 AM EDT
[#40]
For those that are wondering why it's "taking so long" for the new movie to come out, keep in mind that Lucas has ALWAYS spaced the movies 3 years apart. The first one came out in '77, the second in '80, and the third in '83. Phanton came out in '99, AOC in '02, and the last one is slated for May 17, 2005.

Regardless of what you think of the last two movies, call them anything but "flops". Phantom grossed over $400M in USA alone, and AOC got over $320M. If those are flops I don't know what your standards for blockbusters are.
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 5:21:35 AM EDT
[#41]
I no longer wonder how many of you manage to spend so much time on the internet.

Its a movie, for crying out loud.
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Aliens was too intense for me to ever like much. It gave me nightmares.

Do you still wet the bed too?
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 5:32:46 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I no longer wonder how many of you manage to spend so much time on the internet.

You're just jealous.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 5:36:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Ewoks.  I hate those furballs. If I was the evil emperor, I'd send my army out just to destroy them.  Did I mention that I hated Ewoks?
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 5:40:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're just jealous.  

Caught me. Damn.
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 6:13:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Theres actually supposed to be 9 movies but Lucas doesnt think he will live long enough to make all of them.

We can only hope.....

Actually he could do them, but he's such a asshat that he'd rather waste his time retouching American Graffetti. Seriously, he went back to change the color of the sky...etc. What kind of control freak spends his time retooling his old movies rather than looking forward and saying "I'll make the next one better!" Holy smokes George, get OVER yourself! He guys, I LOVED Star Wars...and Empire....but even as a kid I saw Return of the Jedi and said "Hey...that's Star Wars again..???" Why does he insist on pissing it away??? He should NEVER Direct....he should write the concepts but pass it to real writers..I mean, c'mon, how many movies do we need to hear "I have a bad feeling about this"  "I have a bad feeling about this"  "I have a bad feeling about this"  GEEZ! He should Exec Produce....that's it. He has a real talent for pulling together great people. Remember, no matter what, the entire 6 movie run STILL ends with the Ewoks singing and dancing....  
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 6:18:05 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Ewoks were originally supposed to be Wookies but Lucas did indeed change it to make it more marketable to kids.

Though I aggree with that statement, it probably had more to do with finding 50 extras over 7 or 8 feet tall.
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 6:21:38 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Terminator?

Terminator...1st movie, GREAT...2nd movie GREATER STILL!!!  3rd Movie was a load of ASS.

The Colonial Marines were great....i could see them plastering a stormtrooper squad...more so if they were from the same detachment that had it's ass handed to it by the Ewoks.

Link Posted: 6/27/2004 6:27:01 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
"I killed them all. not just the men. i killed the women. i killed the children. i SLAUGHTERED THEM LIKE ANIMALS!!!" .....any tard couldve acted that scene and the rest of the movie better than that guy. the cast is horrible from the get-go for this movie. my .02

You nailed it brother.....That role demanded a subtle touch. I mean, who didn't want to whap him in the head EVERTIME he said "It's Obi-Wans fault!!! <sniffle>"

Link Posted: 6/27/2004 6:29:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

You're right....the movies suck by their own virtue.  And sure they'll be successful....it's a fore of nature. BUT, Staw Wars was a gamble...they had to find more money half way through.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top