Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2001 6:11:55 AM EDT
You can always move to another state. What happens when things get bad in your country?

With all the talk lately about the upcoming UN disarming talks, has anyone thought about another country to live in? I was curious if any of you have given this any thought. Where would you go? Why?

I haven't been to many other countries, Australia has been one of them. Even though I loved it there, they have no guns. If you moved to another country, would being able to own guns be a requirement?

Do you think that having what for years has been considered a birthright, stripped from you, should make you want to find a new home?
I would like to hear people’s thoughts on this.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 6:43:54 AM EDT
[#1]
There's nothing wrong with this country.  The government is in need of some serious renovation, but they're only people, they can be replaced.  California is a good example of what's going on with the country.  There's nothing wrong with the land or the people in most parts, it's just large groups of people packed into rabbit hutches that are voting the state to hell in a handbasket.  These people are willing to give up everyone's freedom, sell their children into slavery, and vote for the next Hitler to give feel good solutions to problems that don't really exist, except as vague concepts on TV.  Look how many people are in favor of bans on assault weapons.  Addressing a problem of violence by going after the tools used by less than half of a percent of the offenders is statistically irrelevant at best, a back door approach to total confiscation at the worst.

Sometimes it makes sense to walk away from a bad situation.  However, you can't keep running forever.  If the UN tells us to disarm our civilians, California, Massachusetts, etc will be happy to throw open the doors on the concentration camps to collect gun owners.  However, I don't think it would receive such a warm acceptance in all the flyover states.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top