BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:08:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Big difference between an employee screwing up and "someone fucking you."

Edit: in the grand scheme of things, what you're describing is extremely fucking rare to the average business owner. Think about how many businesses are in this country compared to how many workplace shootings there are. I bet it's like .00000001%.
View Quote

How many businesses do you know that can claim they’ve been in business WITHOUT changing their name, for decades?
Seriously think about that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:10:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I had a boss 10+ years ago who's now retired but even to this day he is still my mentor. I turn to him when I need advice and take every opportunity I can to learn from him.

Glockluv as a young mid 20's contract worker on day 1.

New Boss: *pulls out his phone to look at a work text*

Me: Hey hate to ask here, but is that a Magpul phone cover you have?

New Boss: Why yes it is, how do you know that?

Me: Is it okay if I know that?
View Quote

LOL!!! Awesome!!! I had them Magpul covers form the day they came out - iPhone 3 or 4 IIRC
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:10:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wrong.
In “someone”, I’m talking insurance lawyers that are trained to eat you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big difference between an employee screwing up and "someone fucking you."

Wrong.
In “someone”, I’m talking insurance lawyers that are trained to eat you.

OP said employee screws up. You upped that to a massive workplace shooting. That doesn't fall under the realm of screwing up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:16:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"you know Johnny, if you really apply yourself and do a good job, I can afford another sportscar" har har har aha ahah

"BOSSES ARE DICKS!"

"my boss doesn't appreciate my effort, all he complains about is when im late"

"Yeah what an ASSHOLE!"

You know what's never late? YOUR FUCKING PAYCHECK...Wanna know why? Because payroll is the FIRST thing that gets paid, followed by expenses, followed by insurance...then and only then does the boss see ANYTHING.

BTW no matter how well you're paid you never "appreciate" that paycheck you EXPECT IT, on time- every time.  

So next time you feel like the boss doesn't appreciate your work realize that not only does he have to feed HIS kids- he has to feed YOURS.
View Quote

Sure about that ?

I've had two different employers screw up my pay by underpaying me, and a 3rd bounce the check because they screwed up their anti fraud system with their checks.

So not always.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:19:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

LOL!!! Awesome!!! I had them Magpul covers form the day they came out - iPhone 3 or 4 IIRC
View Quote

Yup, they were a bit more niche back then since Magpul had just started to expand beyond AR accessories so you know you could make some assumptions!

That was shit work, and I was making $16/hour as a contractor with no bennys, but working in that group made it one of the best jobs I've had in my adult life. I remember those days fondly.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:21:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Blah blah blah, fuck you pay me
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:21:09 AM EDT
[#7]
F’n LoLz.  As the old saying goes, You can find Sympathy between “Shit and syphilis”

How about get the best of both worlds: Get Paid like a Boss but don’t have to be a boss.  

It’s attitudes like this, which make Unions a necessary evil…
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:25:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not brownnosing, but I really do appreciate the work he's done. Life is hard and we take a lot for granted.
I'm able to pay my bills and live a pretty good life.

Sometimes I lose perspective from the day to day stuff and I get lost.

Then I look at the big picture and the lessons I've learned, see the work everyone else is doing, benefits given and opportunities I've received.
Also see that I could do more if I applied myself more, tried harder, or learned new skills, just more lessons I need to learn.

Life is stressful and frustrating but appreciate the things you have, or at least remind yourself occasionally to appreciate what you have.
View Quote

Being thankful and appreciating what you have accomplished, small, big, or whatever - is something I feel most people don’t do, and it’s important in life. I have to try to teach my grade school kids this shit, and it’s going to be tough.
If they end up working at TacoBell, cool - hey, at least you got a job - embrace it. If you’re there for 1 year, try to move up - move forward in life. 2 years, supervise that mother fucker. Step up, force yourself to make decisions that are difficult, have difficult conversations if needed, and better yourself. After you’re done managing that branch at 19/20/21 go manage something bigger.
Whatever you do, don’t become so complacent that you don’t have anything to look forward to. Most folks don’t like “crucial conversations” (which is why they should read the book - even though I don’t read books LOL).
That’s my only advice. Not that my advice is worth a damn
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:28:54 AM EDT
[#9]
If all you ever hear from all of your employees is that you’re a terrible, ungrateful boss, I have some bad news for you sport…
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Lmao.

Ya employees expect their checks on time.

You know what employers can do employees can't? Dock pay, suspend employees etc for being late. What can an employee do if the checks late besides complain to the state, and only after a certain amount of time will that even do anything.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:31:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yup, they were a bit more niche back then since Magpul had just started to expand beyond AR accessories so you know you could make some assumptions!

That was shit work, and I was making $16/hour as a contractor with no bennys, but working in that group made it one of the best jobs I've had in my adult life. I remember those days fondly.
View Quote

LOL - life experience!
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:32:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I definitely expect my paycheck. Its my money. Why the fuck should I have to grovel for it?

And you don't feed my kids. I fucking feed my kids with MY fucking paycheck.

I don't see this going how OP wants it to go.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:34:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

LOL - life experience!
View Quote

You seem like an uplifting and solid person, I hope your employees/co-workers value you.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Being thankful and appreciating what you have accomplished, small, big, or whatever - is something I feel most people don’t do, and it’s important in life. I have to try to teach my grade school kids this shit, and it’s going to be tough.
If they end up working at TacoBell, cool - hey, at least you got a job - embrace it. If you’re there for 1 year, try to move up - move forward in life. 2 years, supervise that mother fucker. Step up, force yourself to make decisions that are difficult, have difficult conversations if needed, and better yourself. After you’re done managing that branch at 19/20/21 go manage something bigger.
Whatever you do, don’t become so complacent that you don’t have anything to look forward to.
That’s my only advice. Not that my advice is worth a damn
View Quote

If I could go back and give myself career advice, that would be a big one.

By the time I do end up getting my act together and making a move, I always have the epiphany I should have done it months/years earlier.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:34:46 AM EDT
[#15]
My employer keeps losing employees and can't hire new ones. As a result,  they're WAY behind in getting product out the door. They have the work, they just can't build, test and ship it fast enough.

So, they're having cash flow problems.

Their solution? I was told by a Director yesterday that they're working on layoff lists. That ought to fix things right up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:36:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You seem like an uplifting and solid person, I hope your employees/co-workers value you.
View Quote

I'll second this!

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:38:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sure about that ?

I've had two different employers screw up my pay by underpaying me, and a 3rd bounce the check because they screwed up their anti fraud system with their checks.

So not always.
View Quote

Keep in mind, most employers will use a 3rd party payroll system (PayChex, OnPay, ADP) and we’re at their mercy if there are issues that arise.
We haven’t really had many problems with our current provider, and switching is an absolute nightmare.
If folks are cutting their own company checks themselves, it makes it even more difficult.
Payroll is a motherfucker.

.GOV says whatever - but they’re on a different level
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:42:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I was going to die tomorrow, I’d give the business to a few single moms that have put in their fair share of dedicated hard work, helping us all. We have great people, and I absolutely do not take any one of them for granted.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:44:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If I could go back and give myself career advice, that would be a big one.

By the time I do end up getting my act together and making a move, I always have the epiphany I should have done it months/years earlier.
View Quote

Keep in mind, almost everyone thinks this same way. Don’t beat yourself up over it, and learn from the past.
You have no other choice.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:51:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Keep in mind, almost everyone thinks this same way. Don’t beat yourself up over it, and learn from the past.
You have no other choice.
View Quote

lol if I really had a time machine, I would have told myself to take a job with Microsoft and skip college entirely.

I'm WA based and I remember Microsoft at our high-school career fair (before the dot com bust) looking to recruit based on SAT scores
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:55:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My employer keeps losing employees and can't hire new ones. As a result,  they're WAY behind in getting product out the door. They have the work, they just can't build, test and ship it fast enough.

So, they're having cash flow problems.

Their solution? I was told by a Director yesterday that they're working on layoff lists. That ought to fix things right up.
View Quote

Honestly - there is soo many F’d up situations right now.
No clue on your industry, but you really have to keep an open mind. As I mentioned prior - my wife was laid off 6 months ago. She made “CSR of the year” the year prior. Her company was one of the biggest in the County making white paper. They had customers that wanted so much of their paper, but they couldn’t manage and produce it, for whatever reason. Personally, I’d guess labor (and profit margin was low) but they shut down multiple plants. Customers were being directed to competitors. The employees don’t always see the “big picture”.
It’s as if half of one of my facilities/employees saw I laid them off, but they didn’t understand that the current market rate I have to pay to lease my warehouses is not competitive in a market to those who own their buildings. I didn’t have 3 MIL to put down on a 20M building when I was 30 yrs old, so I’m still leasing.  
I have to charge customers nearly triple for storage because I lease, and the folks who own, aren’t paying anything near my rate. It just is what it is. Market rate for leasing/vs owning 5 years ago, was nearly identical. But not now, and that couldn’t have been predicted.
Which - my life goal is to purchase multiple warehouse properties, and then sub-lease. But that’s a different subject.
Business is really challenging right now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:59:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

lol if I really had a time machine, I would have told myself to take a job with Microsoft and skip college entirely.

I'm WA based and I remember Microsoft at our high-school career fair (before the dot com bust) looking to recruit based on SAT scores
View Quote

Ha!!! I wouldn’t have ever made it based on SAT scores, but I would say I would’ve bought stock in Microsoft, Tesla, and Bitcoin!
But - can’t predict the future.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:13:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Im a much smaller operation...here's the crazy bit: New hires want $32/hr meanwhile Romex has jumped from $35 a roll to $137!!!

Just crazy....off to shock another client with pricing tomorrow!

Thanks Black---needed to vent.
View Quote

What could your new hires get somewhere else? If the guy across the streetis offering $31.63/hr without expecting people to be grateful for the privilege of working there, you've got a bit of a problem.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:10:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"you know Johnny, if you really apply yourself and do a good job, I can afford another sportscar" har har har aha ahah

"BOSSES ARE DICKS!"

"Yeah what an ASSHOLE!"

You know what's never late? YOUR FUCKING PAYCHECK...Wanna know why? Because payroll is the FIRST thing that gets paid, followed by expenses, followed by insurance...then and only then does the boss see ANYTHING.

BTW no matter how well you're paid you never "appreciate" that paycheck you EXPECT IT, on time- every time.  

So next time you feel like the boss doesn't appreciate your work realize that not only does he have to feed HIS kids- he has to feed YOURS.
View Quote

Wrong, my last job paychecks were more late then on time, and often for the "misplaced" amount.

So we just slowed down, used our phones, took 2 hour shits, etc.

They wanna fuck us on pay, pay us shit, and demand we do 2-4 different jobs to save them money? Great, you get what you pay for and only what you pay for. This isnt the 1950s and Cooperate/HR are NOT your friend.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:16:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Killer attitude!!!! Love it

For the record - I had this attitude 22 years ago - and kept it for 15 years until I was an owner. Was hired on at $10.50hr as an assistant dispatcher in 2000 - senior year in HS. Back then we were 20 employees and did 800K yr.
Now I own 33% of the company, 96 employees, and we click off 12MIL yr.
View Quote

Good for you. You are proof that hard work, determination, do work out. That being said sometimes hardwork DOESNT work.

Hell I left on of my jobs because my boss was a stupid, drunk, violent, arrogant prick of the highest order. The correct way to a worker who goes out and buy`s you the bottle of vodka you wanted isnt "About fucking time you mistake of a hire!" its "Thank you, I hope it wasn`t an inconvenient". Goes to show you how badly you can fuck up if your the son of the owner.

Yeah, work isn`t about friendship or being liked, its about being paid, but if your hard work, loyalty, determination is not getting rewarded do not be surprised when workers say "Fuck it" and just do the bare ass min.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:42:05 AM EDT
[#26]
I had a potential new hire first phone interview that wouldn’t answer his knowledge level (specifically how familiar he was with the NEC), when he was looking to start, or how much he wanted until he had a sit down 2nd  interview with me and I could answer questions from him.  Bro, I don’t need you that bad, you know what the job is and you aren’t holding all the cards.  There is a “workers revolution” going on right now though, so expect more of the same.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#27]
My boss is grateful. He’s in it as deep as I am, lol.

He’s been holding me up on a lot of critical stuff, some going back years, because he wouldn’t relinquish the decision making to me.

Yesterday I systematically over road his authority on all those items. Every last one. Initiated my “pending” plan, or made a plan up on the fly just to get things moving toward sanity.

Then I called him and told him what I did.

He told me to keep my foot on that gas, and apologized for not handing the keys earlier. He’s learning as well, transitioning from a founder to an executive of a multi-national company growing at an insane rate.

A lot of bosses suck, but it’s really the boss above them allowing them to suck that’s the problem.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#28]
yep, thats all gonna work out...

Imma go to McDonalds and pick up my call in order for the Big Mac Meal, It's only $32.50 this week..

though I hear the girl working the counter, Marcella, Marciana, Martoneshia, something..she wants $41 an hour to keep her job..or she's gonna call you a racist sexist pig and go
collect unemployment on YOUR DIME for a year or two..
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:12:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The new Covid economy is Bizarro world...its like they want Benjimen Button paychecks..."Pay me now what I will be worth in twenty years"
View Quote
No, they just want to be paid what they're worth now, in dollars that are worth substantially less. Since people can now somehow afford not to work, the value of employees has gone up.

We're currently renegotiating pricing with all our customers.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My boss is grateful. He’s in it as deep as I am, lol.

He’s been holding me up on a lot of critical stuff, some going back years, because he wouldn’t relinquish the decision making to me.

Yesterday I systematically over road his authority on all those items. Every last one. Initiated my “pending” plan, or made a plan up on the fly just to get things moving toward sanity.

Then I called him and told him what I did.

He told me to keep my foot on that gas, and apologized for not handing the keys earlier. He’s learning as well, transitioning from a founder to an executive of a multi-national company growing at an insane rate.

A lot of bosses suck, but it’s really the boss above them allowing them to suck that’s the problem.

View Quote

I have very few complaints about 1st line management, middle management.........they have been a huge issue for a hell of a long time.  They are the ''la, la, la hands over their ears and eyes closed'' line of management far to often. If you are so stupid you can't even look at employee ages and realize your department is going to be decimated due to retirements and take action, you really shouldn't be in management.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:25:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We expect it on time because it’s not a favor, it’s a legal fucking obligation.

Employees shouldn’t get a pat on the back for being on time, but neither should employers.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#32]
The problem is small business owners, who often can't afford to pay more, get painted with the same brush as larger businesses who can pay more and sometimes don't.

My employer falls under the latter, record revenues yet still lying their ass off when raises and resources comes up.

The answer is clear for the employee. Hate your employer or feel under paid? Go look for a new job. Honestly in the current work world, staying with most employers more than 3-4 years means you're a sucker.

I'll be exploring my options in the spring, been here 5 years, and pay has not been keeping up with the market. House build and all that work has made me stay longer than I should
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:33:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I had the same contractor out to my house twice last year for 2 different things.  I like him and his crew and I would hire them again.

The second time he came out he made mention that the work he had done the first time, 6 months prior, would cost me double what he charged me 6 months ago, just because of material and labor costs.  I said that I would not have paid double what he asked for the first time.  That that sounded crazy for what was a small job.  

He said without being a jerk about it, that honestly, that that would have been fine. That his phone won't stop ringing day and night and he is drowning in work.  That he responded to me because I am a prior customer but most of his "new" calls, he is just turning down unless they are large job.  Even then, those are getting scheduled very far in the future.
View Quote
Getting a list of contractors that are good is golden.  I depend on them more
now since I and the wife are older. For instance, because I have balance issues
I won't get on the roof and am very iffy on ladders. A few years ago I would have
no problems doing that. I had a plumber install faucets and a toilet. Something
I have done before, but have problems with now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:39:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Work for a shitty boss/supervisor then get back with me. It'll change your outlook on supervision permanently. I've spent the last 5 years working for the worst of the worst. I like what I do so I just grin and bear it, cause it likely won't be any better.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Im a much smaller operation...here's the crazy bit: New hires want $32/hr meanwhile Romex has jumped from $35 a roll to $137!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it.
As business owners, we are last. Many think we are not, but we know, and that’s all that matters.
Just hop on adjusting your pricing asap. It’s literally what I’ve been doing the past year, almost daily. We have thousands of customers.

Eta - and as quick as I adjusted customer rates May 2021-Dec 2021, I’m having to readjust and bump up even more 2022. Just adjusting rates to match market has been a full time job. 3 years ago, it just took 3-4 weeks in December

And nailers are through the roof too...

...if you can find them
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:46:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

"BOSSES ARE DICKS!"

"Yeah what an ASSHOLE!"

View Quote

Boss does job, boss gets money.

I do job, I get money.

I fed my kids, just like he fed his. He certainly didn’t feed my kids.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
F’n LoLz.  As the old saying goes, You can find Sympathy between “Shit and syphilis”

How about get the best of both worlds: Get Paid like a Boss but don’t have to be a boss.  

It’s attitudes like this, which make Unions a necessary evil…
View Quote

"workers of the world unite"

unions breed apathy, more about who you know, than what you know
& that is the problem with trade unions.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

"BOSSES ARE DICKS!"

"Yeah what an ASSHOLE!"

View Quote

In early April 2020, the hospital with whom we had a professional service agreement laid off all their hospital staff that worked with us docs.  We were dead in the water as there was no one to help us run our offices.  

We would normally get paid for our month of work on the 20th of the following month.  April 20th rolled around and—nothing.  Did the CEO and hospital administrators get paid?  You bet!  Then they had a song and dance and finally agreed to pay us in 4 monthly  installments for that month of March’s pay.  After 9 weeks of not working and not getting paid, we were able to go back to work but only 1/2 time for 8 weeks and then 3/4 time for the next 8 weeks then finally full-time again.  I lost 15 weeks of pay in 2020.  The boss lost nothing.  In fact, they gave themselves bonuses from the sweet, sweet $24 million dollars in Covid relief money.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Life is too short to work for shitty boss or a shitty company, just move on.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My experience in leading people led me to understand that I don't ever want to be the one in charge again. Ever. For any money.

I now go to work each day with the goal of making my bosses day a little easier. Most days I can accomplish that goal by simply not causing my them any problems. I show up, do my shit well, and go the fuck home.

If shit needs to be done....I do it. If its out of my lane....I leave it the fuck alone. I don't tell my boss how to do his job, (one which I certainly can do) and he is considerate enough to return the favor.

I do my part to make the owners wealthy, and they never bat an eye when I request anything.  It is an incredibly simple relationship.
View Quote

Sounds to me like you are one of few who has it figured out.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:07:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Employee screws up and it could cost the owner everything they worked for their entire life. What’s the employee out? At most a paycheck.

That’s why owner/boss makes the big bucks. It’s compensation for baring the risk.

You want boss bucks? Fork out the capital for a business and put it all at risk for the rest of your career.
View Quote

If an employee screw up can cost you "everything you worked for your entire life", you are doing something very wrong.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#43]
''Ungrateful'' is probably the wrong word to use quite often, I'd think the term ''clueless'' is often the true issue.

When you see companies that have ''help wanted'' signs up all the time and their wages are from 2010, someone who is in a position of power has absolutely no clue what the ''norm'' is now. The other part, they are probably surrounded by ''yes men'' who are only interested in themselves and not the well being of the company. [and it's kind of normal, everyone looks out for themselves before others as a life rule]
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I’m having a hard time finding employees too OP.
Just keep jacking your prices and paying employees more.
Sucks, but is what it is. This is why prices change on the grocery store shelf.

Eta - just had a girl yesterday come to me. Skipped her supervisor and manager, and wanted a raise from $21hr to $25-$27hr. She knew she’d be creeping up on what her higher ups were making.
She was hired 2-3 years ago doing entry level data imputing for $4hr over minimum wage ($16hr).
Zero experience or college. I’ll pay her, but she’ll need to agree to take on more responsibility and up her game. I did tell her how much she’s appreciated. Which, she really is. Great girl, and I want to keep her.
Employers are being pinched - we still have unemployment being paid out without question in our area. Nobody wants to work.
View Quote

I would have told her to get out of my office and bring her request up through her supervisor and manager, and then had this conversation with those two instead of with her.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#45]
This is a bullshit entitlement thread, no matter how you slice it.  Everyone complains about things.  It is human nature.  It doesn't matter if those complaints are valid.

Businesses proudly stated decades ago that you cannot expect loyalty from you because they cannot offer you loyalty.  That was the death of the defined pension plan. And anyone that has gone through layoffs understands that the company comes first to management and owners.  Rightfully so.

But how can that person expect an employee not to hold the EXACT same position in their own management of the one thing that they own at that company-- their lives and their family?

As been alluded to in this thread, there is wage stagnation.  That employee that has been there 10 years will often not be paid the same as is offered to that new hire. In many industries, if you want a pay increase, you have to make a lateral move to a new company for the same position but higher pay. I think this is extremely the case in the IT industry.

It sucks, but your employees have lives and responsibilities outside of your interests.  Owners make more money from the work of the employee than the employee makes 100% of the time.  Your employees are a necessary expense.  If they do not feel that they are appropriately compensated for the work and another company is willing to compensate them for it adequately, how can you possibly expect them to continue your arrangement?

Would you sell your product for 20% less than you can get for it?  Or how do you think that your other customers will react when they discover that you are charging them 20% more for your goods or services than you are offering your new customers when they can get those lower prices from your competitors?

Often people can only see an issue from their own perspective, and business owners are no different.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Employees shouldn’t get a pat on the back for being on time, but neither should employers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"BOSSES ARE DICKS!"

"Yeah what an ASSHOLE!"

This is all true.  Paying an employee accurately and on time is the barest minimum level of performance.  An employer expecting ovations for performing this task would make question their competence.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:29:18 AM EDT
[#47]

??
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The new Covid economy is Bizarro world...its like they want Benjimen Button paychecks..."Pay me now what I will be worth in twenty years"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m having a hard time finding employees too OP.
Just keep jacking your prices and paying employees more.
Sucks, but is what it is. This is why prices change on the grocery store shelf.

Eta - just had a girl yesterday come to me. Skipped her supervisor and manager, and wanted a raise from $21hr to $25-$27hr. She knew she’d be creeping up on what her higher ups were making.
She was hired 2-3 years ago doing entry level data imputing for $4hr over minimum wage ($16hr).
Zero experience or college. I’ll pay her, but she’ll need to agree to take on more responsibility and up her game. I did tell her how much she’s appreciated. Which, she really is. Great girl, and I want to keep her.
Employers are being pinched - we still have unemployment being paid out without question in our area. Nobody wants to work.

In 20 Years? The future is now old man, catch up or shutter your doors.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:36:22 AM EDT
[#49]
My boss doesn’t appreciate me = I’m lazy
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Op is a crabby boomer shouting at clouds. RESPECT MY AUTHORITY! I would not work for op that’s for sure. Please pretty please boss man may I have my paycheck sir.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top