Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2001 7:59:10 PM EDT
the sword of truth sieries.lots and lots of pro freedom in this story.
the way its set up is that magic is under attack the way firearms are.
and then there is the opressive force that tries to snuff out individual freedom...just like the UN and the dems.

anyway. if you like a good read. i recomend it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice to see someone else who's into fantasy. Who are your favorites?
Robert Jordan
Raymond Feist
Tad Williams
Stephen Donaldson
Elizabeth Moon
Ann McCaffey
Charles R R Martin

Bunch of others
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
it was my wife that introduced me to those type of books..
before her it was "how to..." and gun stuff.
but I've found  that the bulk of fantasy authors  insert a good amount of right wing or life without interference messages into the story.
but then these days true freedom is a fantasy
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 1:34:09 AM EDT
[#3]
George R.R. Martin's 'Song of Ice & Fire' series is the best I have read so far.  Very different from your standard fantasy work.  It's more of a political thriller set in a medieval world.  Not much in the way of magic, at least at first.  Mostly plots and betrayal and conspiracies and secret affairs.  VERY good stuff.

The first volume is 'A Game of Thrones.'  Three have been released so far, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 3:57:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm also awaiting Martin's 4th book, along with the next episode in the "Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan. 2 years between books is hard to take sometime - although when you find out the next book's release date, it gives you time to re-read all the previous ones so you'll know what you need to know [:D]

Feist has a new one out as well, as soon as I can afford it I'm picking it up - my current book is his "The King's Buccaneer," with the 4 books of The Serpentwar Saga to follow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top