Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2001 7:33:44 PM EDT
Something tells me most, if not all, people on this board know the true meaning of Memorial day. It is not about shopping or eating a good steak. Share this news with the shmuck neighbor or co-worker that could not even tell you what our heroes died for. Be it the big ones, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War and all other ops we may never know about.

G-D speed to all of those that gave his/her life so WE could enjoy the freedom to own the guns we all love so much.

Allen
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
We go to Restland Cemetary in Plano/Richardson
Texas for Memorial Day.  Military bands in full dress.

Last year Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R-Texas)
[eat shyte Jeffords] was the keynote speaker.
She'll be Vice-President one day!

Then a F-16 flyover.  HooAh!

Eric The Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
My dad was a WWII vet. He was active in the American Legion. Back when I was a kid, I would accompany him and other legionnaires on Memorial Day, as they would go from cemetery to cemetery, laying wreaths and flags on headstones, and firing volleys.

It really brought the sacrifice these men made into focus, and made me proud to be an American.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#4]
To all of you whom have / are in the armed services:

A heartfelt Thank YOU for the blood sweat and work you have done or are doing for the benefit of the rest of us in this country. It is a time when I am most proud of my roots.

Those whom are gone are never forgotten.

Boomin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top