Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2001 1:57:14 PM EDT
There was a thread started called "Jiang on Bush: 'Confused and unprincipled'" on a recent story on CNN:

By Willy Lam
CNN Senior China Analyst
(CNN) -- President Jiang Zemin has come up with a 12-character assessment of his U.S. counterpart George W. Bush: "logically unsound; confused and unprincipled; unwise to the extreme."

Despite his relatively low assessment of the U.S. leader, however, Jiang said China must continue to do business with the Bush administration and to work for better ties.

The president, who also heads the Communist party's Leading Group on Foreign Affairs, was speaking at a special meeting of senior Politburo members and foreign policy experts earlier this month to discuss Beijing's reaction to Bush's "anti-Chinese" policies.
read more...

I posted a reply, "Hitler on Churchill: 'Fat drunk'" and pointed out that the PRC is a tyrannical dictatorship and that ad hominem attacks by a dictator shouldn't be seen as a bad thing.  Why aren't you bothered by the fact Jiang loved Clinton and Gore?

I got banned!  Just confirms my suspicions [:\]

read the entire exchage here: [url]http://www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=list_threads&om=1034&forum=DCForumID5[/url]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been banned from that Commie center, oh... about 7 times now.  I try to come across as moderate, but as soon as you disagree with them they "lose" your password.

Some others, like Texas T from TFL have hung on there remarkable long.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
It's just a big ideological spank-fest over there.  I'm not abusive or obscene or incendiary; I just make a counter-argument and I get immediately banned.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top