Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2001 11:32:53 AM EDT
Watch your freedom of speech folks.  Best I can tell, I'm being threatened with negative sales, lawsuit, negative press and whatever else she can think of, all in response to an article I wrote yesterday.

Folks, I just don't understand some people.  People who claim to be for free speech and freedom.  However, actions always speak louder then words.

J.J. Johnson wrote and published an article titled, "Anger, Depression, You're Not Alone" [url]http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/files/may/24/edjj052401.htm[/url] (please read this first so you can formulate your own opinion on this article, before reading mine).  

I wrote a response to this article and sent it to the "mailbag" at Sierra Times.  Due to the 3500 character limitations, please read it here:
[url]www.bowmansbrigade.com/sierratimes.htm[/url]

"Henrietta" feels threatened - by me or my business or perhaps my original article.  This was never my intent, my intent was to make it clear that I don't believe Sierra Times isn't plotting the right course.

Although I don't support Sierra Times since last winter's weaseling, I'm not their enemy, nor am I "Henrietta's" enemy.

Keep this in mind folks, freedom of speech is now being declared dead by those you thought championed the cause!
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Henry, we have some bad links. No can read.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Henry, we have some bad links. No can read.
View Quote

Yeah, sorry, should be okay now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Henri-I read both and cant see the reason you take exception of the arty. Is it just the inaction of them? I agree with that. Someone(not me) has to get a clear agenda that we as patriot agree on, then find a course and follow through. I only see division coming from this.
You are right calling attention to the next step but I think both arty`s are heavy handed in their delivery. I dont want to say it`s a nonissue but they are based in common sense and without a direction both are not helping the issue at hand, whatever that might be.
Just my opinion, of course I can be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#4]
It was because of these comments wrote by J.J. --
[i]Why stop at $3.00 a gallon - do I hear $5.00?

We don't care if Alaska is now turned into Swiss Cheese.

We don't care about funding your schools anymore so one of your Prozac enhanced, victim-of-sensitivity-training kids can go on another shooting rampage. If you can't handle less education money - QUIT!

We don't care how much you pay for prescription drugs anymore. We'll get ours elsewhere - let your Big Pharmaceutical companies send you to the poor house for all we care. You're not getting any more of our money.[/i]

There's a lot more in the article just like that.  Simply wasted breath and stupid comments.

Sierra Times has (had) the opportunity to bring real decisive focus to issues, but won't do it.  It's the war of words all over again, and again and again, ad naseum, getting absolutely no where.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I hear you. I think I covered it by saying the delivery was heavy handed. In his arty. I dont agree with everything he says but it is written in a fashion that made me want to skip reading it because I saw no attempt at a solution that could be sold to the ever swaying opinion of th genpop of America.
I only read it becuase you brought it to attenion.
I am not familiar with the ST so maybe that is why it didnt bother me as much as it did you.
What is their agenda as a ???Website?????
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Well Bowman I guess your just another bootlickin
moderate. I feel just like JJ. It is a good
feeling to know I am not alone.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#7]
It's not about being a bootlicking moderate, Hangfire. I believe his point is that Sierra Times and others vote the bastards out, have the new bastards do exactly what the old bastards did that got them voted out, then wonder why nothing changed. And whining and compaining about it like little babies. We are long past the point where words will be effective, it's just that these folks don't see that. It's really about doing something that WILL RESULT in a return to Constitutional government. Sniveling and whining won't do that. And the sooner folks who think it will realize that, then we can finally get somewhere. But, hey, what the hell do I know?

"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period, and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers , too plainly prove a deliberate, systematical plan of reducing us to slavery." ["The Works of Thomas Jefferson", Volume 1, p. 130]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well Bowman I guess your just another bootlickin
moderate. I feel just like JJ. It is a good
View Quote

Moderate?  Me??  You probably haven't read anything I've written.  I've spent my entire life savings and then some (over 150k) in the fight for freedom - trying too hard I suppose to bring attentions to issues nobody seems to care about.  If I was moderate, I wouldn't be in such trouble.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I can empathize with both articles. Both articles are in agreement that there are some serious problems in this country and that it is headed towards the same sort of tyranny that our country experienced under King George III.

The main difference is in the means of combating this slide.

It took approximately 25 years of solid agitating under conditions that are more oppressive (exept for our taxation rate) than we are experiencing today, for the American Revolution to kick off.

My friends...we should look learn from History and our forefathers lest we repeat the mistakes of the past.
Remember what Ben Franklin said - "WE MUST ALL HANG TOGETHER  or we SHALL surely Hang Separately.".

Yeah..it makes a great "sound bite" but..it has a LOT of MEANING!!!!

Both you: "Henry Bowman" and "Henreitta" over at Sierra Times should apologize to each other and work things out.

Only our enemies will profit by dividing us.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder what happened to the old J.J. Johnson that said at the congressional "militia hearings": "The only thing standing between an armed confrontation between the militias and the federal government is time." and "We are not baby killers, but baby boomers and we are extremely pissed off." He used to make all kinds of statements like that during his days as the head of the militia in Ohio.

He has been becoming more moderate ever since he moved to Nevada with Nancy Lord and tried to run for office.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I feel just like JJ. It is a good
View Quote

Me too.

Henry, you accuse ST of talking the talk instead of walking the walk?  You want shots fired?  Or are you just talking too?  You don't want to vote the bums out cause the new bums are same as the old?  Well you better get at following the plan laid out in that book about you.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#13]
You should go read this reply by J.J. [url]www.sierratimes.com/archive/files/may/26/edjj052601.htm[/url] first.

For starters, I did NOT sign my letter to the mailbag as "Henry Bowman".   My email to the Sierra Times mailbag was unsigned, simply because I forgot.  It was sent from my [email protected] email account, which we can surmise, "Henrietta" followed back to my website and wigged out.

J.J.'s insistence that "Henry Bowman" wrote this is probably due to his complete misreading of what was written.  A "call to arms" and "mass civil disobedience" is not the same thing as "shooting people", something J.J. should easily understand and only [b]he[/b] has portrayed (not me).

There must be thousands of Americans who think some people should be shot, but this was not advocated in my letter to the Sierra Times mailbag.

What I did advocate was a "Real call to arms" ... "like mass civil disobedience".

[b]From Websters Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language:[/b]

[b]Civil Disobedience[/b] - [i]"The refusal to obey certain governmental laws or demands for the purpose of influencing legislation or government policies characterized by the employment of such non-violence techniques as [b]boycotting, picketing and non-payment of taxes.  [red]non-cooperation or passive resistence.[/i][/b][/red]  

I also noticed that J.J. did not incude a single word of Henrietta's vitrolic rant to me or her desire to destroy my business.  Maybe he doesn't know that Henrietta is a loose cannon?
What I find very strange is what J.J. calls
"civil disobedience" [b]didn't happen.[/b]

[i]"(Operation Truck Stop 2000). That's called:
"Civil Disobedience".[/i]  

Oh really?  Actions that [b]didn't occur[/b] are civil disobedience?  Many of us noticed that this planned event didn't happen, after we spent our time and effort helping to tell others.

[i]"When that next raid happens, we may not get there, but we can learn within hours of what took place, which was involved, and what was lost."[/i]  

Why are we always a [b]dollar late and a day short?[/b] Are you always going to be content to pick up the pieces and console the [b]survivors[/b] (if any)? Could it be because we refuse to do what is necessary to right the wrongs that are occurring each and every day?

The war of words is over J.J.

We have lost more freedoms in this country in the last [b]ten years[/b] then in the preceeding two hundred, and yet, the number of grassroot organizations that have sprung up to "fight for freedom" have waged a war of  millions of words.  We're losing, plain and simple and it's time we admit it.   It's going to take some decisive actions to change the tide.

Bowman's Brigade

[b][i]"The mighty men of Babylon have forborne to fight, they have remained in their holds: their might hath failed; they became as women: they have burned her dwellingplaces; her bars are broken."[/i][/b] Jerimiah 51:30
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like a right wing version the Rainbow Coalition to me:  Lots of talk, not much action and beau coup money flowing into someone's pocket.

Eddie
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Sierra Times twists the news as much or more to fit their agenda as any of the liberal media. They talk a good fight, but nothing ever happens. It would seem that the whole purpose of the sight is to inflame passions and to divide the patriot movement. Nice place to visit as long as you keep in mind that it is low comedy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I just can't read through all that crap.  However, my rule of thumb is that in any disagreement such as this on the Internet, the first person to invoke the threat of "Legal Action" is an idiot.  So, Henry Bowman, in my book you have credibility on your side.

I have always wondered about Sierra Times and now I think I understand them better.  I will tend to disregard them in the future.  Hope I don't get sued too!
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, I went to your web site to check it out.
If you want me to believe your side of the story you better start calling AR15 items by their proper names.

From your "gun items" for sale:
"Thermold AR15 Clips $15 - These are new"

They are magazines not clips.

Link Posted: 5/26/2001 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Read this response from JJ at Sierra News.
I only posted the first part of JJ's response.

[url]http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/files/may/26/edjj052601.htm[/url]

Fine. Then let's just start shooting, shall we?
(Permission requested to toot our own horn for a bit?)

But before you pull that trigger, you're going to have deal with the age-old question of who to shoot, when to shoot, where to shoot, and most importantly, why you're shooting in the first place? If you can't answer these questions to yourself honestly, holster that shootin' iron and listen up:

Would you like the folks at the Ol' News Ranch to "spell it out for you"? Let's take a look at what Sierra Times has been doing for the last 18 months:

Before the birth of the News Ranch, a book was written by its editor & Chief titled, "Cracking the Liberty Bell".
[url]http://www.sierratimes.com/ctlb/index.htm[/url]
Keep in mind that it was written back in 1997, and is of course "fiction" - the same category of fiction as the well-known novel "Unintended Consequences"
[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1888118040/thesierratimcom/107-6067250-1821343[/url]
by John Ross, so powerful that some folks adopted the name of the main character of the book. We can assure you, if the tactics of the fictional character "Henry Bowman" were to become 'life imitating art', you could be assured it would be covered here (uncensored) at Sierra Times.com.

Perhaps the author of the rant should read, "Cracking the Liberty Bell" before making such accusations as listed above.

Will the 'Henry Bowman' scenario ever take place on American Soil? Frankly, I doubt it. It takes the will and the ability to pull it off. In a word: "guts".

Recently, Sierra Times has covered extensively, the case of Jim Bell, and a Web site case in Kirkland Washington.
[url]http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/files/may/23/arsierratimes052301.htm[/url]
In both cases, all hell broke lose over a few folks in government having their personal information made public. Where was the rest of the media?

You see, you can buy all the guns and ammo you want. But ask yourself what the U.S. Military spends the most money on? 1) Payroll 2) intelligence gathering...

...notice guns and ammo didn't fall in the top two categories. You see, when it comes to fighting a war, the boys and girls in uniform know how to set priorities.

This is what government officials fear worse than any firearm you can purchase - knowledge. Information in the citizen's hands giving them the power to take any action they feel necessary. This might explain why there are so many visitors from a government ISP here at Sierra Times.

Oh - where is "Henry Bowman" when you need him?

Link Posted: 5/26/2001 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well, I went to your web site to check it out.
If you want me to believe your side of the story you better start calling AR15 items by their proper names.

From your "gun items" for sale:
"Thermold AR15 Clips $15 - These are new"

They are magazines not clips.

View Quote

Fixed it.  Thanks

Let's not split hairs, shall we?  The real issue of inaccurate reporting the facts remains.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#20]
[b]J.J. Johnson
[/b]
[img]http://www.sierratimes.com/images/jj-photo1-sm.jpg[/img]
[b]Ranch Chief
(with issues)[/b]

hahahahaaahahahahaha!!!

"With issues"

yeah... he has issues alright, LMAO!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top