Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2001 9:10:18 AM EDT
I want to buy a preban lower from someone, but the lower is purple. Can I fix that? Or send it somewhere to get fixed? How much would it cost?

Basically, who, what, when, where, why, and how to get that purple lower black again.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.sawlesales.com[/url]

This guy will do it. they have a refinish program that is supposed to be the same as Colt's process.  He is The Southwest Regional Colt Dealer and Armorer for Colt/Law enforcement Sales.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#2]
There are several firearms refinishings at your disposal. Bearcoat is supposed to be one of the best, but I have no personal experience.

A couple hundred bucks will have an entire rifle refinished in a variety of colors and with a variety of material choices. Colt grey, flat black, parkerized and so on.

Maybe someone can post links to some of these sevices.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Just leave it purple and name it "Barney".[:o)]

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ET3 NotReally:
I want to buy a preban lower from someone, but the lower is purple. Can I fix that? Or send it somewhere to get fixed? How much would it cost?

Basically, who, what, when, where, why, and how to get that purple lower black again.
View Quote

Lemme guess-It's a Bushmaster, right?

How about Black-T? Supposed to be the end all of gun finishes, and if I can ever afford it, I'll get my "primary" AR the complete treatment.

Juggernaut[%(]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Just send it out to be blasted clean and re-anodized in hardcoat. I apply spray on finishes to aluminum but ONLY after re-anodizing provides a fresh, clean, porous surface for the coating to bond to.

D. www.azexarms.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top