Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/2/2021 7:07:17 PM EDT
My wife is really into this stuff, she's a taurus and according to this we're extremely compatible. What about your partners, is it true? It seems to be true since she hasn't left me yet.

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Is one axis male and one female?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]
No.  How would the alignment of celestial bodies effect you in any way?  It's bullshit.  Just like every other woo nonsense.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The only truth to it is that true believers will make whatever they want to believe come to pass.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.  How would the alignment of celestial bodies effect you in any way?  It's bullshit.  Just like every other woo nonsense.
View Quote

The Moon? That’s well known for its effects.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

It better be because it doesn’t give the same answers both ways.

Need answers or I’m going to start questioning the legitimacy of this.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Huh, well according to this I should get divorced immediately. If only I wasn't happily married I'd blow up my life over some BS invented to sell magazines.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think it has more to do with the season you're born in, seems like there are some scientific studies that confirm there is a difference if you're born in summer or winter.

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The lack of diagonal symmetry would suggest so.
…or the creator is a moron. I consider this more likely.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

If humanity becomes a Kardashev 2 level civilization. With the power to move, change or snuff out stars will a new astrology be made?

Because before we get to that we might be able to fuck with the planets in our solar system. That might throw the astrologers off a tad.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#11]
That's how I found my first 4 wifes... Very reliable...
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Does she know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?

View Quote
It's not in the thesaurus either.

m
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#13]
The best thing to do when encountering people that are really into this stuff is lie about your sign, then wait for them to say, "Oh I can totally see that".
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't really believe the horoscope junk, but I do have days at work where the lunatics are out in force.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#15]
100%! I am not compatible with people who talk about zodiac signs. Hasn't failed me yet.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The Moon? That's well known for its effects.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Moon? That's well known for its effects.
Okay, how does the moon affect you exactly?  We're not talking about gravity and it's effect on water.  We're talking about mars having an impact on personality.  It does not.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Okay, how does the moon affect you exactly?  We're not talking about gravity and it's effect on water.  We're talking about mars having an impact on personality.  It does not.
View Quote

It's not something that can be explained... Easily.

If the Moon were at the same distance as the ISS

So how about you chalk it up to the power of belief.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#18]
If it helps you get laid then yes. Otherwise, damn, what sort of dumb ass question is that?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not only that but it was the position of celestial bodies 3000 years ago not currently.  It's total conplete bs.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's not something that can be explained... Easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBDZtt0vWD8

So how about you chalk it up to the power of belief.
View Quote
Apparently it's can't be explained at all.  Nah.  Maybe the moon emits pheromones?  Or maybe the Nazi base is sending radio waves into your brain.  Or...
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Apparently it's can't be explained at all.  Nah.  Maybe the moon emits pheromones?  Or maybe the Nazi base is sending radio waves into your brain.  Or...
View Quote

If a Nazi base was sending radio waves into your brain, how would it affect your behavior?

Would you have the power to resist? Or would you give into this incessant, unending voice in your head, screaming at you to...
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Apparently I’m a match with my ex, and not a match with my wife of ten years.

I call bs
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Dated a woman who was into astrology. When she started making astrology charts for me I pulled the eject lever.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Absolutely.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While the moon does have some physical affects on some people, I can for certain tell you that constellations do not.  When astrology originated the stars were in different places during different months.  So what you are today probably didn’t correspond to what your sign would of been back then.  Lots of stelar drift in that time.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm having too much difficulty keeping track of affect vs effect in this thread.  My head hurts.  I'm out.  Effect is a noun, affect is a verb.  Effect is a noun, affect is a verb...
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#27]
The full moon affects me quite a bit. I see so much better I often have no need for a flashlight when I boogaloo all night long...
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Does she know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?

View Quote
I asked my wife that...she said...  "what? Well it ought to be...hey...wait a minute  ....."

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Women who use the zodiac as an excuse for their shitty behavior are obnoxious.

"Oh well I'm a Taurus so..."

"That's just my Scorpio coming out..."
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Primitive superstition is primitive.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Absolutely.
View Quote
Could you please provide some evidence for this claim?  Something peer reviewed please.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm having too much difficulty keeping track of affect vs effect in this thread.  My head hurts.  I'm out.  Effect is a noun, affect is a verb.  Effect is a noun, affect is a verb...
View Quote

Deer grammer cop,

Wood of cared but remembered I could not of cared any less if their was any way too care any less so you can keep you’re fancy nouns and verbs and shove them all the way up you’re booty cause I could not of cared any less!
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#33]
It's like asking if numerology is real.

Which system? Which calendar are we going to base it off? Which alphabet? How are you going to apply it?

For horoscopes, you're basing real life decisions off of random alignments of stars and which planets might or might not be near them when you were born, based on a calendar system that's changed numerous times over the centuries, and it's not in any way superior to many other calendar systems. Then you write a horoscope in such a vague fashion that anyone looking at it can nod and go "yep, that's me to a T."

Or you could get into modern day horoscopy. Six Sigma, E-Colors, Meyer-Briggs personality types, all of which companies spend billions on so their managers can think they can walk up to an employee with a two-color sticker on their badge and know immediately how to deal with that person. Never mind the fact that the results change continuously based on what day the test was taken, mood, how honest the person is being, etc.

It's all nonsense.

XKCD 808

ETA: Forgot a word. Because I'm dumb.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Primitive superstition is primitive.
View Quote

it really is, this stuff dates way, way back to the beliefs of ancient babylonians 4000 years ago. they were the ones who came up with this stuff and were obsessed with astrology and it still continued to this modern day.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#35]
I don’t think so; but it sure helped me get laid in the 70’s.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don’t think so; but it sure helped me get laid in the 70’s.
View Quote

That was the LSD
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#37]
And it's still bullshit, all these years later.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Absolutely!
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. If you really want to have fun, lie to someone about what month you were born, and watch them spout off how perfect that is.

Then when you reveal you weren't born that month, and you're actually a different "sign," the backpedal and hilarity ensues.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#40]
No..............the stars dont control your destiny in any way.............HE who controls the stars does
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#41]
According to the chart, the ex and I were made for each other so I would have to say pure bullshit.

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The best thing to do when encountering people that are really into this stuff is lie about your sign, then wait for them to say, "Oh I can totally see that".
View Quote
So, uh, body slamming these dumb chicks and punching them in the cunt and then sitting back at the bar to finish my beer ... is the wrong social play?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

They’re both male. It’s a gaystrological chart.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#44]
My wife and I are a "great match"
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So, uh, body slamming these dumb chicks and punching them in the cunt and then sitting back at the bar to finish my beer ... is the wrong social play?
View Quote

That's like a total Alpha Chad move, dude.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
According to my daughter, who doesn't necessarily believe in daily horoscopes, there should be some effects.  I can't regurgitate it all.  But basically the scientific side of her, recent premed grad, your body is mostly water.  You have the moon that effects the water in the ocean enough to cause high and low tides.  Well over a lifetime other celestial bodies may have some type of similar effect because of the water content in our bodies.  

To extract an exact daily horoscope is probably BS.  But to think our bodies aren't also effected by gravitational pull of certain celestial bodies as well as night and daylight is silly.  All according to her.  She also doesn't think everything hinges on it.  But she thinks it is possible that it influences things from our health to our moods.  

I am not telling you this is some sort of certain thing, just that based on some corresponding research projects she did in college she believes there could be influence.  

You asked, I shared.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That's how I found my first 4 wifes... Very reliable...
View Quote

It's funny you mention that.  By some weird coincidence  I have almost exclusively dated Cancer and Libra.  NOT intentionally.

Guess how many of those relationships were successful?

Exactly none.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Nah, it’s all hocum.

Tea leaves and crystals are where it’s at, man.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#49]
What is gravity? What are birkland currents? What is the electromagnetic force?

Do you believe in those?

Everything in our universe is connected.

Thanks for bringing this up as I forget sometimes that there is a reason for everything.

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What is gravity? What are birkland currents? What is the electromagnetic force?

Do you believe in those?

Everything in our universe is connected.

Thanks for bringing this up as I forget sometimes that there is a reason for everything.

View Quote

Correlation =/= causation. Sorry.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top