Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1945 of 5572)
Page / 5572
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Is this photo real?  Claims to be a Russian failed river tank fording.

"Suicide mission! Failed forced crossing of the Siverskyi Donets River by RUS tanks. The tankers did not do this on purpose but were ordered by desperate commanders to cross without a bridge."
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/FStjxWCXoAQtv3B_jpeg-2383388.JPG

View Quote

I’ve seen that one too but I have not been able to find another other corroborating photo from another angle.  I think it’s fake, but could be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

I was about to post this.
when people come to understand that while there are brilliantly minded Russians out there, for the most part they are genetically not like Western Europeans. they are not normal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:

Troglodytes.

when people come to understand that while there are brilliantly minded Russians out there, for the most part they are genetically not like Western Europeans. they are not normal.

You guys are making the silly assumption that the Russian language is for simple minded people just because it doesn't use articles like we do.
Russian is not simple, it has just as many, if not more grammar rules than English.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Willmar:

I’m surmising this is some SF cat letting us know he’s behind enemy lines?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Willmar:

I’m surmising this is some SF cat letting us know he’s behind enemy lines?

I’m guessing that they are close enough to the border that it’s picking up Belgorod as the nearest weather hub.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
With translation

Ukrainian destroy multiple Russian Tanks with German Panzerfaust 3 in Kharkiv
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Commander...do you think we should try with one first?

NYET! FUCKING SEND IT!
View All Quotes

"Suicide mission! Failed forced crossing of the Siverskyi Donets River by RUS tanks. The tankers did not do this on purpose but were ordered by desperate commanders to cross without a bridge."

NYET! FUCKING SEND IT!

I mean, WTAF?  How do you end up with that many tanks sunk side by each?   Holy hell.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

I mean, WTAF?  How do you end up with that many tanks sunk side by each?   Holy hell.

View All Quotes

NYET! FUCKING SEND IT!

Rocket surgeons.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Reddit. Chechens pinned down in firefight, have two casualties. Should I be surprised the Chechens have plasma bags?

Reddit
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#10]
⚡️Operational information as of 18.00 on 14.05.2022 from the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

▪️Rashists are trying to recruit Ukrainian citizens to work for the occupation institutions and illegal law enforcement units in the temporarily occupied territories of eastern and southern Ukraine.
▪️On the territory of Gomel region of the Republic of Belarus, the demining activities in the areas of the former location of Russian Federation units are recorded.
▪️In Kharkiv direction, the occupiers focused their main efforts on maintaining their positions, controlling supply routes to the north and east of the city of Kharkiv, as well as preventing Ukrainian troops from advancing towards the state border.
▪️In Donetsk direction, the group of enemy forces concentrates its main efforts on preparing for offensive operations in the direction of Severodonetsk, Soledar and Bakhmut, carries out resupply and regrouping its units. Up to two battalion tactical groups were relocated in this direction. The enemy is conducting assault operations along the line of contact with the support of aircraft and artillery. It has partial success in the Avdiivka area.
▪️The opponent is regrouping its troops in Lyman and Severodonetsk directions. The reinforcement of the group in the battalion tactical group in the area of the Novy Aidar railway station was observed.
▪️In Mariupol, the enemy continues to blockade Ukrainian units near the Azovstal plant. It carries out massive artillery and air strikes, conducts assault operations.
▪️In Zaporizhzhya direction, the opponent concentrated its main efforts on artillery shelling of Ukrainian positions.
▪️On the territory of Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova, the armed forces have been transferred to daily operations. At the same time, units of the operational group of Russian troops continue to be on high alert.
▪️Ships of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation in the Black and Azov Seas perform tasks to isolate the area of hostilities, reconnaissance and fire support in the coastal direction.
▪️The enemy is trying to increase its military presence on Snake Island and is reinforcing its air defense system.
▪️Russian troops continue to deliberately destroy Ukraine’s civilian infrastructure by launching missile and bomb strikes and artillery shelling of settlements in Donetsk, Odesa, Luhansk and Kharkiv regions.

Telegram Link
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:
Should I be surprised the Chechens have plasma bags?
View Quote

I am lol.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:24:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#12]
Reddit. Chechens pinned down in firefight, have two casualties. Should I be surprised the Chechens have plasma bags?

Reddit
View Quote

It's probably near Rubizhne, where Kadyrov very generously "opened" a hospital.

ETA-
Russian Fakebook
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

NYET! FUCKING SEND IT!

I think the commander ordered everyone to ford the river when they came under fire, so they dove in.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

LOL. I've been very fortunate in my career to have taken out a clean sheet of paper and done concept to flight over a dozen times. One guy I know has probably done it twice that many times. Some of mine have been complicated, some I hot-wired the airframe in my garage. Literally.

One of the most fun things over the years has been to take simple units and do interesting things with them. For example, the FQM-117B is a great little platform. It's almost all foam. You can modify it really easily. I've made a bunch of them for different projects. The look a lot like Mig27s. Here's one a guy did up in the RC forums:

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23236&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1494281696

In the Ukrainian case, they could make an electric version with a COTS Pixhawk autopilot, load it up with 5-6lbs of HE payload and have a great weapon. Or, they could load it up with 10lbs of supplies for the folks stuck in Mariupol and land/crash them in a spot to retrieve the supplies. You could send one or two every night when you don't care about getting them back. Last I heard, the Army and Marines still had a bunch of them in their inventory. With a little advisory help, those guys over there are smart enough put together a fleet of them in no time.
View Quote

That would be a great way to get antibiotics and medication to them.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSuBpg2XwAMXLHL?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote
(Appropriate joke about being able to look Pelosi straight in her face without fear of throw up.)
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Russian officer posts video of his unit being attacked, from his captured cellphone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/up3h1k/russian_soldier_of_the_42nd_guards_motor_rifle/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Full video of his conversation and such here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIZIspwem2s
View Quote

Anyone know what kind of critters those were towards the end? Looked like beavers with the webbed back feet.

Cool video, even got the wife to watch it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#17]

NYET! FUCKING SEND IT!
View All Quotes

NYET! FUCKING SEND IT!

Commander was probably told he'd be shot if he didn't
make the crossing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#18]
over Poland

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AKaTom:

Anyone know what kind of critters those were towards the end? Looked like beavers with the webbed back feet.

View All Quotes
Russian officer posts video of his unit being attacked, from his captured cellphone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/up3h1k/russian_soldier_of_the_42nd_guards_motor_rifle/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Full video of his conversation and such here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIZIspwem2s

I was wondering the same, either escaped American beavers from the zoo, or Capybara was my guess.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Reddit
View Quote

From the videos I’ve seen on telegram Chechens ( spit) always seem to have the most up to date gear.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
Looked like Guinea Pigs to me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice. But beer comes after Ukraine wins.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

I'm no expert but they looked like Nutrias. I think they are farmed for their pelt.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks, another large rodent I did not know about.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

You guys are making the silly assumption that the Russian language is for simple minded people just because it doesn't use articles like we do.
Russian is not simple, it has just as many, if not more grammar rules than English.
View Quote

All english grammar rules end with "except when". My daughter absolutely loves language and words and all of that stuff. She says to forget the rules and just memorize all of it because there are so many exceptions to the rules at to make the rules not matter.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

All english grammar rules end with "except when". My daughter absolutely loves language and words and all of that stuff. She says to forget the rules and just memorize all of it because there are so many exceptions to the rules at to make the rules not matter.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Yeah Russian isn't like that for the most part. (I'm not an expert, but my wife is).
It's a cool language, and in fact they think English is odd...why do you need articles anyway? Does "the car" mean something different than "car?“
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

From the videos I’ve seen on telegram Chechens ( spit) always seem to have the most up to date gear.
View Quote

Kadyrov’s personal army. Putin keeps them well funded.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By acrocat:

If it's a Colt, it better have all of the correct markings on the parts or else they need to send it back ASAP.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By acrocat:
Originally Posted By sentionaut:

Nice. I hope is rollmarked instead of etched.

If it's a Colt, it better have all of the correct markings on the parts or else they need to send it back ASAP.

Indeed!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks, another large rodent I did not know about.  
View Quote

They are common here. Some places are nearly infested.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSuBpg2XwAMXLHL?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

So SPK is over there?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Ukrainian 95th Brigade hitting a Russian tank with Javelin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/upinfe/ukrainians_of_the_95th_brigade_destroying_a/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By mbinky:
⚡️Operational information as of 18.00 on 14.05.2022 from the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

▪️Rashists are trying to recruit Ukrainian citizens to work for the occupation institutions and illegal law enforcement units in the temporarily occupied territories of eastern and southern Ukraine.
▪️On the territory of Gomel region of the Republic of Belarus, the demining activities in the areas of the former location of Russian Federation units are recorded.
▪️In Kharkiv direction, the occupiers focused their main efforts on maintaining their positions, controlling supply routes to the north and east of the city of Kharkiv, as well as preventing Ukrainian troops from advancing towards the state border.
▪️In Donetsk direction, the group of enemy forces concentrates its main efforts on preparing for offensive operations in the direction of Severodonetsk, Soledar and Bakhmut, carries out resupply and regrouping its units. Up to two battalion tactical groups were relocated in this direction. The enemy is conducting assault operations along the line of contact with the support of aircraft and artillery. It has partial success in the Avdiivka area.
▪️The opponent is regrouping its troops in Lyman and Severodonetsk directions. The reinforcement of the group in the battalion tactical group in the area of the Novy Aidar railway station was observed.
▪️In Mariupol, the enemy continues to blockade Ukrainian units near the Azovstal plant. It carries out massive artillery and air strikes, conducts assault operations.
▪️In Zaporizhzhya direction, the opponent concentrated its main efforts on artillery shelling of Ukrainian positions.
▪️On the territory of Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova, the armed forces have been transferred to daily operations. At the same time, units of the operational group of Russian troops continue to be on high alert.
▪️Ships of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation in the Black and Azov Seas perform tasks to isolate the area of hostilities, reconnaissance and fire support in the coastal direction.
▪️The enemy is trying to increase its military presence on Snake Island and is reinforcing its air defense system.
▪️Russian troops continue to deliberately destroy Ukraine’s civilian infrastructure by launching missile and bomb strikes and artillery shelling of settlements in Donetsk, Odesa, Luhansk and Kharkiv regions.

Telegram Link
View Quote

Aggressively patriotic ukranians should be volunteering for these positions. They would be helpful.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:30:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#34]
Originally Posted By Eat_Beef:

What does ha michi mean?
View Quote

Na miszti

"At the right place"

The sound  ц makes is a little hard in English
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#35]
English suffers as a mix up of multiple root languages.  I fly.  You fly.  We fly.  But not "He fly." Californians often will apply consistency to highway nouns, names and numbers,  Take the freeway.  Take the I(Interstate) 5.  Take the Golden State Freeway.  But most others will simply say, "Take 5 south."

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Muskrats
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:

Troglodytes.

Agreed.

Take it from someone still learning the language. You can actually say a lot more with less words and I still struggle to keep up. English can be just as confusing for a Ukrainian or Russian speaker to learn. My language teacher here still struggles with saying things like an American would. Many words and meanings are lost in translation both ways.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Lavrov: The West has declared a 'total hybrid war' against Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sQX7AzteB8

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says the West has declared a "total hybrid war" against Russia and added that everyone will feel the consequences, without exception.
View Quote

I could not finish it.  TL:DL.   he talks and talks, and says nothing. but some lies,
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DOW:

I don't see any snorkels, although that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't tried.

Those T72 variants probably haven't been watertight for decades, if they ever were.
View Quote

From what I understand it takes hours to prep and cases of caulk and the fording kit.  I think they just drove the tanks off into the rive to have them drown out.  Really stupid.  As stated, why not just try one to see what the bottom was like and how deep it was?   Just too stupid for words.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#41]
In on 1945
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Yeah Russian isn't like that for the most part. (I'm not an expert, but my wife is).
It's a cool language, and in fact they think English is odd...why do you need articles anyway? Does "the car" mean something different than "car?“
View Quote

https://www.butte.edu/departments/cas/tipsheets/grammar/articles.html
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#43]

I was wondering the same, either escaped American beavers from the zoo, or Capybara was my guess.
View All Quotes

Muskrats.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwcQVZEIsbw
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Ukrainian 95th Brigade hitting a Russian tank with Javelin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/upinfe/ukrainians_of_the_95th_brigade_destroying_a/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwcQVZEIsbw

That's a much better and to the point arfcom thread compatible video.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:00:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZRXHooligan] [#45]
Fo Rooster has entered the chat @ 1:20 mark

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Well,yes,a car is different from the car.

I speak Estonian,English and German what I would call fluently but don’t actually know all of the rules of English,just what sounds and looks right. If you made me take a high school English exam where I had to dissect sentences I would probably fail but can easily pass as American when typing
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Capta:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

Yes, thanks, I understand that. The point is that just because Russian doesn't use them doesn't mean they don't have methods of conveying the same information.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

I speak Estonian,English and German what I would call fluently but don’t actually know all of the rules of English,just what sounds and looks right. If you made me take a high school English exam where I had to dissect sentences I would probably fail but can easily pass as American when typing
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

I didn't explain myself well, the point is the Russian still conveys the same info just without articles. I don't know Russian well enough to be able to explain it well though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:17:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#50]
Face and a name for the son of a bitch who shot two civilians in the back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/upgp7c/this_is_dmitry_lapshakov_the_russian_officer_that/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/11/europe/ukraine-video-russian-soldiers-shoot-civilians/index.html
Page / 5572
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1945 of 5572)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top