Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2586 of 5581)
Page / 5581
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
2hrs ago.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Wow so many really don't want to go
View Quote
Currently being chanted around Moscow
(At least what the translator says:

Нет, мы не пойдем!
Нет, мы не пойдем!
Нет, мы не пойдем!.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
Currently being chanted around Moscow
(At least what the translator says:

Нет, мы не пойдем!
Нет, мы не пойдем!
Нет, мы не пойдем!.....
View Quote

At least post the fucking english approximation....
"No we won't go!"
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:01:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#4]

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/putins-call-up-brings-reality-of-war-home-to-many-russians/ar-AA127eEP

Apparently not every country in Europe is in agreement with Germany.
View Quote

Their country. Their rules. Hell I am even real sympathetic to that view. But Russia has TONS of really smart people that could bring a lot of value to the West in terms of engineering and such. Brain draining Russia is a bonus strategy to beat their shitty govt and culture even further.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:16:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lukus] [#6]
Quoted from above

I'm guessing because it gives them military perks?  Healthcare; discounts with groceries; vodka rations; free breakfast at Denny's.  That kind of thing?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

At least post the fucking english approximation....
"No we won't go!"
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Putin needs to be given an out or taken out.

What’s his out?   I’ve been waiting and watching, and I’m not seeing one being set up and worse, the time for a negotiation is slipping away.

Does anyone actually think he will accept defeat?  What does that look like for him?

Does anyone actually think he will be taken out?  That table is awfully long.

So if no and no… what’s the acceptable out for him?  Otherwise he grinds on and becomes more and more desperate.  Where does that go?

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:19:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By lukus:

I'm guessing because it gives them military perks?  Healthcare; discounts with groceries; vodka rations; free breakfast at Denny's.  That kind of thing?
View Quote

No, because they were literally required by law to serve 1 year on turning 18, I think.   They just bribed their way out of it.

Now they're being "activated" without having received even that 1 year of previous experience.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Damn, even China stated today at the UN that Ukraine's territorial integrity should be upheld. The Putin regime must feel pretty lonely right now when even China is publicly saying they should end this shit.
View Quote

China doesn't do anything in public except to send a message. Obviously they are trying to hurt russia but it might be in the interest of gas deals or something. Or maybe they plan to reactivate their  roads and infrastructure in Ukraine after the dust settles, probably that. Side with Ukraine, attempt to pressure russia to with draw.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:30:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

No, because they were literally required by law to serve 1 year on turning 18, I think.   They just bribed their way out of it.

Now they're being "activated" without having received even that 1 year of previous experience.
View Quote

The biggest perk was with the bribe saying they served, they got that year of their life to do with as they pleased on the front end and did not have to serve even though the records say they did. But now on the tail end with the mobilization thing they are really screwed because they don't even have the rudimentary experience they should have from having recently served in the military. Ooops. What do you mean you don't know how to field strip the Kalashnikov?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:37:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#12]
Man what kinda worries me is potential mobilization of all Ukrainian men. They already can’t leave Ukraine but haven’t been sent all to fight Putyas orcs. Now that he’s throwing more men, Ukraine will be forced to do the same. It’s worrisome for me because I have a ton of cousins in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]

That was a good read.

Also, for the people who are wetting the bed about the chances of this going nuclear, please read this:

That is correct. Everyone has been screaming all day about how Russia is threatening to nuke us. But I watched his speech and he said exactly what was described in the above assessment. His talk about using nukes was in response to some crazy, hypothetical situation involving the west using nukes against them. He never said he would nuke the west for continuing to help Ukraine. And he never specifically said he would nuke Ukraine if they continued their offensive following the referendums. The news media seems to like to lead with that headline however to get people worked up and tuning in.
View Quote

I fully agree that we should remain calm and stay the course.  But I also tend to be more pessimistic about Russia’s eventual nuclear response than, for example, many commentators who rate it as vanishingly unlikely.
Putin’s speech as regards to nuclear threatmaking (and the post-speech commentary by Russians) conforms to standard Russian tactics - accuse the other side of doing what you are doing.
As regards to the US response, a telling fact is that, during Blinken’s address to the UN, he stated that “Russia’s irresponsible nuclear threats must stop immediately.”
Before that, the US publicly warned Russia not to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine.  IMO, the US has penetration into Russian decision making and this statement was probably in response to credible information.  The US made a similar statement about chemical weapons very early in the war when things were starting to go brown for the Russians.  The US then provided NBC gear.
Another recent quote from a US official is that “The US does take the nuclear threat seriously.”  In general, very few statements have been made by the US against innumerable Russian nuclear threats.  I can recall 3-4 in 6 months.
Ukrainian officials have stated repeatedly that they believe a nuclear attack is possible, and information in a recent interview with a western analyst indicates that Ukrainian Army as a matter of standard procedure disperses their forces to present a less tempting target.  This is a good indication that the UA actually believes tactical nuclear use is possible, even likely, as opposed to merely a propaganda position.
Hysteria is not necessary.  A cold evaluation of what Russia is capable of under these circumstances is.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DonS:

Maybe, but not all Russians support the war.
View Quote
"Not all Russians"

Okay.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By PvtCowboy:
"Not all Russians"

Okay.
View Quote

I know a handful of people in Russia, and not one I know supports it.  I had dinner with a friend of mine who's whole family is in Russia.  They are scared with the mobilization of the 300k and what's to come after.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Man what kinda worries me is potential mobilization of all Ukrainian men. They already can’t leave Ukraine but haven’t been sent all to fight Putyas orcs. Now that he’s throwing more men, Ukraine will be forced to do the same. It’s worrisome for me because I have a ton of cousins in Ukraine.
View Quote

Are those Ukrainian cousins unwilling to fight for their homeland? I don't understand your post.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CS223:
I think she was hitting the bottle before air time and decided "awe fuck it"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By j_hooker:
Originally Posted By sq40:
Spectacular meltdown  the Russian Channel 1 host woman has a psychological break and starts dropping truth bombs.  She will probably have a fall later today.

It starts at 15 min in and goes for several minutes.  The rest of the hosts are in disbelief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7iZY-kLiY

Whoa  is Olga doing Opposite Day?

I don’t see it that way.  She’s staging a tactical retreat to protect the truly valuable information space - that is, questions about the justification for the war.  They are allowing questions about tactics and other bullshit so they can gloss over the fact that they are waging a genocidal war of conquest, not a defensive war of national survival.  THAT is the important question which they cannot allow to be discussed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

The biggest perk was with the bribe saying they served, they got that year of their life to do with as they pleased on the front end and did not have to serve even though the records say they did. But now on the tail end with the mobilization thing they are really screwed because they don't even have the rudimentary experience they should have from having recently served in the military. Ooops. What do you mean you don't know how to field strip the Kalashnikov?
View Quote
This war keeps revealing more amazing ways that the Russians completely fucked themselves with corruption.  Both on the individual and institutional levels.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:49:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxtrot08] [#19]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
This war keeps revealing more amazing ways that the Russians completely fucked themselves with corruption.  Both on the individual and institutional levels.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Originally Posted By K0UA:

I’m waiting for Putin to find out that Ivan sold all the ammo.

After all, Africa and the Middle East have been shooting and blowing each other up for decades now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:

I know a handful of people in Russia, and not one I know supports it.  I had dinner with a friend of mine who's whole family is in Russia.  They are scared with the mobilization of the 300k and what's to come after.
View Quote

But we have people here who are all for it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Your cousins are not already fighting?? If they are of fighting age why are they not already in the service?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#22]

That was a good read.

Also, for the people who are wetting the bed about the chances of this going nuclear, please read this:

That is correct. Everyone has been screaming all day about how Russia is threatening to nuke us. But I watched his speech and he said exactly what was described in the above assessment. His talk about using nukes was in response to some crazy, hypothetical situation involving the west using nukes against them. He never said he would nuke the west for continuing to help Ukraine. And he never specifically said he would nuke Ukraine if they continued their offensive following the referendums. The news media seems to like to lead with that headline however to get people worked up and tuning in.
View Quote

Which western officials are talking about nuking russia? I ask because putin/russia lies, tells half truths, mixes the truth with lies, and conceals the truth.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:56:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#23]
Originally Posted By MostlyPeaceful:

Are those Ukrainian cousins unwilling to fight for their homeland? I don't understand your post.
View All Quotes

Screename checks out. 🙄

They’re deeply religious and their beliefs prevent them from taking another life. Besides, I don’t want them to die. They don’t wanna die. What’s not to understand? I don’t necessarily agree with their beliefs when it comes to the defense of their nation but this isn’t a game. They haven’t fled like so many others have. They are still there hoping and praying all of this comes to a quick end. If they get called, they’ll go. One dictators actions have led to so much death and destruction. Just keeps adding to it with these latest developments.

Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Your cousins are not already fighting?? If they are of fighting age why are they not already in the service?

You clearly don’t have the entire grasp on how things work over there. They reside in the western part country. UAF doesn’t call everyone up. They call them based on where they live amongst other things.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Screename checks out. 🙄

They’re deeply religious and their beliefs prevent them from taking another life. Besides, I don’t want them to die. They don’t wanna die. What’s not to understand? I don’t necessarily agree with their beliefs when it comes to the defense of their nation but this isn’t a game. They haven’t fled like so many others have. They are still there hoping and praying all of this comes to a quick end.

You clearly don’t have the entire grasp on how things work over there. I do. They reside in the western part country. UAF doesn’t call everyone up. They call them based on where they live amongst other things.
View All Quotes

Screename checks out. 🙄

They’re deeply religious and their beliefs prevent them from taking another life. Besides, I don’t want them to die. They don’t wanna die. What’s not to understand? I don’t necessarily agree with their beliefs when it comes to the defense of their nation but this isn’t a game. They haven’t fled like so many others have. They are still there hoping and praying all of this comes to a quick end.

You clearly don’t have the entire grasp on how things work over there. I do. They reside in the western part country. UAF doesn’t call everyone up. They call them based on where they live amongst other things.

Well I hope your military age cousins stay safe and happy while people from many countries are dying to keep them free from Russian rule.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:05:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
A real kick in the pants if these T-26 tankettes started showing up
https://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/t26-radio-tank.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

More orc equipment on train cars ready for their newly conscripted bbq ingredients.

Armour quality appears commensurate with crew quality.

T-62s after the BMPs.

A real kick in the pants if these T-26 tankettes started showing up
https://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/t26-radio-tank.jpg

One advantage in city fighting is they can go hull-down next to a curb.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

Well I hope your military age cousins stay safe and happy while people from many countries are dying to keep them free from Russian rule.
View Quote

Not even gonna entertain your ignorant post.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Sorry

Their country has been invaded

It’s time to man up

Sounds harsh—.  But it’s the cold truth
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:14:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By notarandomname:

Sorry

Their country has been invaded

It’s time to man up

Sounds harsh—.  But it’s the cold truth
View Quote

They’ve already accepted their fate. Not going anywhere. Just breaks my heart that this madman is going to draw so many more to their death. All pointless.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Best quote was when the official tried to equate the war in Ukraine with the Great Patriotic War, and the citizen said “that was a real war, this is politics!”
Even in BFE they know this was not a defensive war for survival.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:38:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mokerr] [#30]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mokerr:

Well the problem is you're in a forum chock full of people who swore an oath and went away when their country was attacked.

It was even in New York, and I'm from the west part!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Screename checks out. 🙄

They’re deeply religious and their beliefs prevent them from taking another life. Besides, I don’t want them to die. They don’t wanna die. What’s not to understand? I don’t necessarily agree with their beliefs when it comes to the defense of their nation but this isn’t a game. They haven’t fled like so many others have. They are still there hoping and praying all of this comes to a quick end. If they get called, they’ll go. One dictators actions have led to so much death and destruction. Just keeps adding to it with these latest developments.

You clearly don’t have the entire grasp on how things work over there. They reside in the western part country. UAF doesn’t call everyone up. They call them based on where they live amongst other things.
View All Quotes

Screename checks out. 🙄

yes you are correct I dont know, hence the question. But thank you for explaining.  So Ukraine is doing good on man power?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:42:16 AM EDT
[#32]

yes you are correct I dont know, hence the question. But thank you for explaining.  So Ukraine is doing good on man power?
View Quote

That’s my understanding. Especially considering that there are a lot of foreign fighters assisting. The world wants kick Putyas ass.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PvtCowboy:
"Not all Russians"

Okay.

That's awesome.

Maybe that entire family and 100,000,000 other Russians should stand up and do something about it. Take their country back.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#34]

That’s my understanding. Especially considering that there are a lot of foreign fighters assisting. The world wants kick Putyas ass.
View All Quotes

Yep the rest of the world wants this done soon also, The sooner putins army gets smashed for good the better the world will be.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:05:30 AM EDT
[#35]
What would it take for all the conscripts to fight a revolution to take their country back?

Sounds like they would outnumber the professional Russian soldiers.

Instead of Ukraine they head to Moscow.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

In a conversation with a friend of mine from Irpin a couple months ago, she told me that ALL women should be registered by October with the Military. She said their is a list of professions and higher educations that are subject to mobilization. She said there wasn't a mass mobilization of men yet.

That was as of a couple months ago. I am not sure where it stands now, I am going to ask her for an update. I talk to her daily, but never talk about the conflict unless she brings it up. Having normal conversations helps ease her mind. She owns a studio in Kiev.

I have friends all over Ukraine from when I worked there. Lviv, Irpin, Poltava, Kherson, and Kharkov.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:20:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Veccio] [#37]

View Quote
That many pissed off dudes that don't really want to go for mobilization could really cause some problems at home (wishful thinking)
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:21:44 AM EDT
[#38]

What is the writing on the side of this tank?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
ATGM narrowly misses UA BTR-80

Telegram Video
View Quote

Pucker factor +1,000,000!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:28:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Capta:

I don't see it that way.  She's staging a tactical retreat to protect the truly valuable information space - that is, questions about the justification for the war.  They are allowing questions about tactics and other bullshit so they can gloss over the fact that they are waging a genocidal war of conquest, not a defensive war of national survival.  THAT is the important question which they cannot allow to be discussed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By j_hooker:
Originally Posted By sq40:
Spectacular meltdown  the Russian Channel 1 host woman has a psychological break and starts dropping truth bombs.  She will probably have a fall later today.

It starts at 15 min in and goes for several minutes.  The rest of the hosts are in disbelief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7iZY-kLiY

Whoa  is Olga doing Opposite Day?

I don't see it that way.  She's staging a tactical retreat to protect the truly valuable information space - that is, questions about the justification for the war.  They are allowing questions about tactics and other bullshit so they can gloss over the fact that they are waging a genocidal war of conquest, not a defensive war of national survival.  THAT is the important question which they cannot allow to be discussed.

Agree. It is 100% scripted.
Any time an idea is floated that goes against the party line it is because it has some utility to the regime.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:34:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
https://i.postimg.cc/0NbnKHrP/C21208-E0-3753-4-EF9-85-EC-EE409-E8-DEA11.jpg

What is the writing on the side of this tank?
View Quote

The writing in white says “Putin”. Not sure about the red.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:52:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Those in charge of Western countries dont want to win it..yet... they want to kill Russians.  That ideology is all together more dangerous because it allows for the opportunity for things to get out of hand.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
I want Ukraine to win this. I want Russia to get spanked *hard* . . .

But just watching average Joes dying in a muddy hole is hard.  They are just men that in many cases got tossed into a woodchipper by a dictator.  

Seeing things like this make me want to go with the Curtis LeMay methodology.  Make war as horrible and brutal as possible to get it over with faster.  The faster we equip Ukraine to win, the fewer deaths that will occur in the long run on both sides.

Those in charge of Western countries dont want to win it..yet... they want to kill Russians.  That ideology is all together more dangerous because it allows for the opportunity for things to get out of hand.

I will both agree and disagree.  The goal is not killing Russians just to kill Russians.  The goal is to smash Russian power so thoroughly that they will either reform themselves, or not be a threat for generations.  The example in mind is WWII Japan and Germany.  They have both genuinely reformed, but it wasn’t because we asked nicely.  It was because a LOT of Germans and Japanese died.
You can agree or disagree that this is necessary.  However, a massive amount of the bloodshed, turmoil, and hatred of the last 100 years can be laid squarely at the door of the Russian Empire.  Their genocidal war in Ukraine is absolutely 100% in keeping with their policy throughout the 20th century.  Neither Ukraine nor the west chose this path, however Russia will not stop until they are stopped.  Ukraine is doing that for us.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:06:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Other than military defeat, what are the plausible possiblilties to getting Putin to stop? He's going to use everything including nukes in order to avoid losing. He's willing to take his entire country into a terrible famine in order to avoid losing. He's willing to roll out belt fed machine guns and tanks to put down internal protests. Those things I'm sure of. But I would think there must be conditions that would drive other members of his country to the point they would kill him or remove him. Either one of those might make them more willing to leave Ukraine and blame it on him.
I would think if the military feels he has caused the military to be humiliated and look weak the military commanders would not tolerate that and get rid of him.
Maybe some kind of financial thing would cause rich russians to have him murdered.
View Quote

A bullet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:07:58 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Only 3 years?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:25:10 AM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdSnA8dXoAE3ZbE?format=jpg&name=medium

Like GD, people are cool with FO time as long as they only have to watch it on Twatter. Human nature I guess
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:59:06 AM EDT
[#46]

Looks like the number of orc losses are ticking up again today...
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:04:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:09:00 AM EDT
[#48]

That’s a lot of personnel, tanks, and equipment. Among the bigger days IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:37:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Voting for the sham referendums have officially started.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:23:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

But we have people here who are all for it.
View Quote

Understood.  I was just clarifying that not everyone was.
Page / 5581
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2586 of 5581)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top