BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5578
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
https://i.redd.it/2mqhxz9h0bz81.png
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Balu:

A few observations:
- Impossible to tell if it's fake. It could very easily be fake.
- Impossible to tell if it's actually Belgorod.
- Impossible to tell where the shells (if real) are coming from and who fired them

Information value: low to non-existent

Conclusion: propaganda
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Balu:
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Belgorod getting shelled:

A few observations:
- Impossible to tell if it's fake. It could very easily be fake.
- Impossible to tell if it's actually Belgorod.
- Impossible to tell where the shells (if real) are coming from and who fired them

Information value: low to non-existent

Conclusion: propaganda

Counter FACTS

Video geolocated to Belgorod.

Person speaking uses Russian accent from Belgorod region.

Also you clearly see the projectiles from most likely cluster munitions from rocket artillery round in the video.

Conclusion = real
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Squatch:

If they're originating within UKR, my guess is 122mm D-30s.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Squatch:
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Belgorod getting shelled:

Looks like small explosions almost too small, what kind of shelling?

If they're originating within UKR, my guess is 122mm D-30s.

I'm thinking its DPR forces that are pissed at the russians for abandoning them to be captured.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
View Quote

Damn, I like her.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:09:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#5]
From the Wagner Telegram channel regarding the recent pontoon slaughterfest.
https://t.me/grey_zone/14060

Regarding the destruction of the equipment of the battalion of the RF Armed Forces at the crossing through Seversky Donetsk near the settlement of Belogorovka, in addition to all the analysis, as, for example, at Rybar, I would like to note with regret that the enemy’s artillery often works better than ours. And this does not depend on the fighters of one side or another, it depends on the forces and means of reconnaissance, detection, calculation, guidance, adjustment and additional reconnaissance of targets - of course, mostly by unmanned vehicles. The Armed Forces of Ukraine apply the Western system of smart combat control, we apply the ruler on the paper map.

So, for example, they tried to build a pontoon crossing at this mouth at least twice. That is, a particularly smart character, guided by the fact that the projectile does not fall twice in the same place, and that if you do not see the enemy, then he does not see you, he nevertheless decided to fulfill the order, since in the army there is only - THERE IS SUCH! As a result, what came out came out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CS223:
No wonder the Poles hate the Russians. Shame I never got to meet my GGF/GGM Niedzwiedz, bet they had something to say. They were from Galicia which no longer exists. Married in Krakow if memory serves me correctly.
View Quote

There is a tremendous history of Poles in America, do some research!

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]
No wonder the Poles hate the Russians. Shame I never got to meet my GGF/GGM Niedzwiedz, bet they had something to say. They were from Galicia which no longer exists. Married in Krakow if memory serves me correctly.
View Quote

Galicia still exists.

I knew people who speak Gallego.

It's the crazy mix of Spanish and Portuguese
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:23:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#9]

Angry noises from Russians
Evacuated Azerbaijanis give a press conference in Kyiv. Yes Yes. You heard right. Evacuees.

I would like to receive a comment from the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation. How were these characters (completely banned in Russia) evacuated from Azovstal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5KV7SaD5AA

View Quote

https://t.me/grey_zone/14043

For the sake of objectivity, one of the Azov servicemen was identified, it turned out to be a Georgian who participated in the battles near Kharkov, and not in Mariupol. The rest could have been in a helicopter of the Armed Forces of Ukraine that managed to escape from the fire from the territory of Mariupol (March 31), at that time, the second of which was shot down along with the evacuated wounded of the Ukrainian side.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:25:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#10]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Damn, I like her.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Damn, I like her.

I was quite  neutral on her,liked some things and didn’t care for others. She has stepped up incredibly well as what amounts to a wartime leader and I think she’s doing a phenomenal job.

And then there is Macron,making a theatrical trailer 🤦🏼‍♂️

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Well, this thread just keeps going in circles, doesn't it?

We were discussing cargo drones earlier, and I tend to agree, these quads/octos make snappy videos but I doubt their efficacy. The KMAX (a real heli by Kaman) is a total different load class than even the largest octo-copter, and the endurance of something on batteries has to be shit.

The plywood cargo gliders I posted about earlier in the thread could be lifted by helicopter and dropped, and then glide up to 80km. Besides being cheap enough to be disposable, the number of cycles you could get out of one helicopter climbing to altitude to release drones is WAY better.

Sling 5-6 drones, climb, release, drones glide to 5-6 individual target points, meanwhile helicopter lands, rinse and repeat, without the helicopter ever needing to go far from the loading point.
View Quote

I'd forgotten about that, I saw that video.  And that's a cargo GLIDER. What happens when a quadcopter glides? Why haven't they made a quadcopter glider?
I wonder if it is possible to make an aircraft that is a glider with a propeller backup. Use the propeller only to gain height,  then turn off the motor and silently coast for as far as it can coast, then climb again. It seems like the range would be amazing. And it would be silently be carrying smart bombs. This is why I have to become an engineer.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
The fog of war is getting thicker.
View Quote

It's funny because of cell phones and internet you would think that would have cleared the fog of war but it only enabled disinformation and bullshit. It's still very dense.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote

Can you condense or something for somebody who doesn't speak that language?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Counter FACTS

Also you clearly see the projectiles from most likely cluster munitions from rocket artillery round in the video.

Conclusion = real
View Quote

Who shot them?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:46:53 PM EDT
[#16]
UKRAINIAN TROOPS FOUGHT ALL THE WAY TO THE RUSSIAN BORDER || 2022
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
Everything is propaganda in this. Its very hard to get a true read on the fight.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I'd forgotten about that, I saw that video.  And that's a cargo GLIDER. What happens when a quadcopter glides? Why haven't they made a quadcopter glider?
I wonder if it is possible to make an aircraft that is a glider with a propeller backup. Use the propeller only to gain height,  then turn off the motor and silently coast for as far as it can coast, then climb again. It seems like the range would be amazing. And it would be silently be carrying smart bombs. This is why I have to become an engineer.
View Quote

We could call it...an airplane.

I don't think the quads glide at all, nor can they auto-rotate (not enough mass in the plastic props vs an actual rotor).

Another few things I noticed about the KMAX even, after looking it up: It only has a 15k ft ceiling, and it has ONE engine. That is great for what it does mostly now, which is heli-logging, as it keeps the costs down. Not so great if you want to try to conduct autonomous medevac in the future (insufficient redundancy).

However a glider would be dependent on the drop height to reach maximum range (I think a couple recent ones could achieve 10:1 in testing). IOW, to go 50 miles you need to drop from 5 miles up. That's really high, and I don't know if there are many (any?) helicopters that can reach that height with any appreciable load.

Round and round it goes. TANSTAAFL.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#20]

I just don't get why powering 4 rotors is preferable to wings which I would think would be a lot more efficient for carrying stuff. Obviously I don't get it. I would think wings would give more range and more cargo weight.
View Quote

which is why toys that fly for a few minutes, or slightly larger tools that perform basically miniature helicopter functions for a few tens of minutes, don't scale up well to "fly 500 miles and carry 20 troops or a big slung or internal load".  

20 minute flight time as a weapon system spotter?  perfect application.  

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:13:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#21]
Originally Posted By GunGuyMP:

It's funny because of cell phones and internet you would think that would have cleared the fog of war but it only enabled disinformation and bullshit. It's still very dense.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GunGuyMP:

It can be cut through though, by a combination of critical thinking, an open flow of data and open source satellite surveillance.

Regardless of anything else. Dead is dead and enormous piles of dead people and shot up military equipment are proving difficult to hide.

The revolution is being televised.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Western allies diverge over Ukraine war aims
Pushing for negotiations, Western European leaders are at cross-purposes with Kyiv.

https://www.politico.eu/article/western-allies-diverge-over-ukraine-war-aims-eu-us/

But Ukraine’s leaders are in no mood to hear talk of ceasefires or negotiations at this stage — and they are wary of Europeans advocating negotiations. Paris and Berlin’s history of pressuring smaller states into making concessions to Russia makes them especially suspicious, officials told me in Kyiv recently.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#23]

I don't think the quads glide at all, nor can they auto-rotate (not enough mass in the plastic props vs an actual rotor).

Another few things I noticed about the KMAX even, after looking it up: It only has a 15k ft ceiling, and it has ONE engine. That is great for what it does mostly now, which is heli-logging, as it keeps the costs down. Not so great if you want to try to conduct autonomous medevac in the future (insufficient redundancy).

However a glider would be dependent on the drop height to reach maximum range (I think a couple recent ones could achieve 10:1 in testing). IOW, to go 50 miles you need to drop from 5 miles up. That's really high, and I don't know if there are many (any?) helicopters that can reach that height with any appreciable load.

View Quote

Funny you say they cant autorotate as I just watched this a few minutes ago.  They took a drone up to 15k feet and turned off the motors.  I wouldnt call it a helo autorotation by any means, but it wasnt tumbling out of the sky either.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Pushing for negotiations, Western European leaders are at cross-purposes with Kyiv.

https://www.politico.eu/article/western-allies-diverge-over-ukraine-war-aims-eu-us/

But Ukraine's leaders are in no mood to hear talk of ceasefires or negotiations at this stage  and they are wary of Europeans advocating negotiations. Paris and Berlin's history of pressuring smaller states into making concessions to Russia makes them especially suspicious, officials told me in Kyiv recently.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Fuck anyone telling them to negotiate. They're either dumb as a box of rocks or are trying to manipulate UA for their own purposes.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#25]
1,000 points

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

Funny you say they cant autorotate as I just watched this a few minutes ago.  They took a drone up to 15k feet and turned off the motors.  I wouldnt call it a helo autorotation by any means, but it wasnt tumbling out of the sky either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkIMj6VOiiE
View All Quotes

That's a DJI FPV.  You really can't "turn off the rotors" even in sport mode.  It still spins them enough to maintain control even when the throttle is completely off.  Otherwise the drone would have tumbled as it fell.  

I have one and ran the battery out all of the way at about 500 feet once . . . it tumbled out of the sky and luckily had the fall broken by a pine tree.  Got away with a few broken props.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:00:12 AM EDT
[#27]

But Ukraine’s leaders are in no mood to hear talk of ceasefires or negotiations at this stage — and they are wary of Europeans advocating negotiations. Paris and Berlin’s history of pressuring smaller states into making concessions to Russia makes them especially suspicious, officials told me in Kyiv recently.

View Quote

Russian influence runs pretty deep, it seems to me that this is more of a signal that Russia is ready to stop if they can keep what they stole.  Temporarily of course, because you know they will be back. France and Germany to know that.  But they are willing to kick the can down the road yet again, because it’s not on their doorsteps yet, under their administrations. They will just Leave the Russians to be a problem for the future.  Again.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Who shot them?
View All Quotes

Counter FACTS

Conclusion = real

Who shot them?

lol I dont have a magic ball handy
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:03:12 AM EDT
[#29]

I just don't get why powering 4 rotors is preferable to wings which I would think would be a lot more efficient for carrying stuff. Obviously I don't get it. I would think wings would give more range and more cargo weight.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Video,

Huge next generation cargo drones offered to the US Marine Corps.
The 'KARGO UAV' self-deploys beyond 500 nautical miles and carries up to 800 pounds of payload. via PERMANENTLY_REMOVED

It's not as efficient at transporting cargo as a fixed-wing is. But, you might need V/TOL in certain missions. However, a quadrotor isn't going to be as efficient or as quiet as a conventional helicopter with lower disk loading (and thus higher efficiency).
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Wings make it tough to hover, back up, go sideways, don't need a runway.
View All Quotes

Wings make it tough to hover, back up, go sideways, don't need a runway.

Having designed, built, and flown UAS with wings that also can hover, back up, go sideways, and don't need a runway, I can say that isn't correct. The only issue tends to be gust response and even that can be mitigated somewhat.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:14:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By mnd:

That's a benefit, clearly, but the real reason is that a quad copter has no control surfaces.  It's batteries, motors, ESCs and a flight controller built around commodity embedded CPUs with commodity (cell phone) MEMS based gyro/accelerometers.

They're really really simple and have drastically reduced failure modes compared to any fixed wing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mnd:
Video,

Huge next generation cargo drones offered to the US Marine Corps.
The 'KARGO UAV' self-deploys beyond 500 nautical miles and carries up to 800 pounds of payload. via PERMANENTLY_REMOVED

I think precision VTOL, with the ability to rapidly touch down and take off are the key.  Plus, these are so maneuverable, they can fly an erratic pattern that can’t be easily countered with AA or enemy fire.  They can also fly into enclosed spaces like hangar doors, warehouses, etc, so they can go directly into cover if needed.

These would make perfect air ambulances too.

That's a benefit, clearly, but the real reason is that a quad copter has no control surfaces.  It's batteries, motors, ESCs and a flight controller built around commodity embedded CPUs with commodity (cell phone) MEMS based gyro/accelerometers.

They're really really simple and have drastically reduced failure modes compared to any fixed wing.

The problem with quadrotors is they don't scale well. Once you start scaling up, the maneuverability goes down markedly because of the rotor inertia. They also are not as robust as fixed wings as a single motor, esc, or prop failure ends in a crash. They actually have *more* single points of failure than fixed wings. For a small drone that's easily replaced, it's not a big issue. For a larger, expensive one, they have significant drawbacks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:19:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Galicia still exists.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Galicia still exists.

He's talking about a different Galicia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galicia
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:

He's talking about a different Galicia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galicia
View Quote

Ohh..  Well I learned something today
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:23:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Having designed, built, and flown UAS with wings that also can hover, back up, go sideways, and don't need a runway, I can say that isn't correct. The only issue tends to be gust response and even that can be mitigated somewhat.
View Quote

It seems that it would be much more complex to build and fly than a quad.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:54:06 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

I had a small Y-6 drone whose battery began to fail at about 800ft. It started descending but along the way it started running out of juice. It was able to keep the vehicle upright the whole way down but it landed really hard and broke a landing leg. Replaced the leg and flew it again the next day. But, they can't autorotate as such because they're not designed to with fixed propellers.

If I were going to, say, drop some supplies into Mariupol, for example, I'd put an autopilot on an autogyro that would climb up really high shut off the pusher motor, glide down then autorotate for landing. With a little help from a couple of friends of mine, I could get it done in a week or so, assuming all the parts were available and I had an autogyro to use.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:57:23 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

One of the more common V/TOL fixed-wing small UAS types is called a quadplane. It's a fixed wing with quad rotors. Takes off and lands vertically and transitions to wing-borne flight to get longer range (and the quad rotors shut off). Fixed-wing UAS are really fairly simple. If you want one that can deal with a single point of failure of any component, that's doable as well with a little bit of clever design.

I'm a little surprised we haven't seen a bunch of quadplanes in the war yet. It's probably because it's easier to rig up a multicopter to drop a grenade than to do it with a fixed-wing although I did do a smoke grenade off an FQM-117B one time. The Ukrainians should be using those. If you look them up, you'll see why.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:04:54 AM EDT
[#37]

One of the more common V/TOL fixed-wing small UAS types is called a quadplane. It's a fixed wing with quad rotors. Takes off and lands vertically and transitions to wing-borne flight to get longer range (and the quad rotors shut off). Fixed-wing UAS are really fairly simple. If you want one that can deal with a single point of failure of any component, that's doable as well with a little bit of clever design.

I'm a little surprised we haven't seen a bunch of quadplanes in the war yet. It's probably because it's easier to rig up a multicopter to drop a grenade than to do it with a fixed-wing although I did do a smoke grenade off an FQM-117B one time. The Ukrainians should be using those. If you look them up, you'll see why.
View Quote

I've wanted to do a fixed wing drone for awhile.  Was all set to buy the Parrot Disco because someone actually came up with a mod to run it remotely on 4G cell towers.   There's video of a guy running one between the islands in Hawaii.

Yeah... they discontinued it.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:29:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By realwar:
1,000 points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBJj70S0GSQ
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:51:01 AM EDT
[#39]

https://t.me/informnapalm/8489

🔥 On the night of May 12, the Russian Federation lost another ship in the Black Sea, journalists of Channel 24 reported, citing their own sources in intelligence. It is noted that this is a ship of logistics of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation project 23120. There are only two such ships in Russia - "Vsevolod Bobrov" and "Elbrus".

"Project 23120 was sailing towards Zmiiny Island at night and a fire broke out on the ship. The crew was rescued later. The charred ship tried to reach Sevastopol in the middle of the night.

In turn, journalist Serhiy Vysotsky said on his Facebook page that his sources had just confirmed that the Russian ship had been destroyed by a missile from the Ukrainian coastal complex Neptune. "The ship drove to Snake Island reinforcements, including anti-aircraft missile systems!
Russia is trying to hide the fact that our "Neptune" destroyed another ship! But it will not work! ", - said Serhiy Vysotsky.

😏 We are waiting for another batch of betrayal from Solovyov and Girkin over how Ukrainian missiles are destroying the Russian fleet in the Black Sea.

@informnapalm

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:57:35 AM EDT
[#40]
More photos of the Bilohorivka crossing.

https://t.me/informnapalm/8483
Fresh exclusive on InformNapalm. The photo was partially cropped so as not to publish the shooting parameters of the UAV.

This afternoon, May 12, the Russians tried to evacuate the trapped troops of the RF Armed Forces. The one that two days ago was able to cross the Seversky Donets, but dispersed under the artillery attacks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Rashists brought another pontoon and expectedly received arrivals at the crossing. After they destroyed the evacuation crossing, the rashists abandoned their equipment and swam across the river. For 4 days of unsuccessful attempts to cross, the Russians lost more than 70 pieces of equipment and two infantry battalions with engineers.

According to InformNapalm, the 74th Motorized Rifle Brigade of the RF Armed Forces (military unit 21005) suffered the heaviest losses. The servicemen of this unit have been taking part in the aggression against Ukraine since 2014.

@informnapalm
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:01:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Former DPR Defense Minister
https://t.me/strelkovii/2545

As an answer to the question: “Was I aware of the terrible loss and senselessness of the pogrom on the Seversky Donets?” - I answer: yes, it was. Even 4 days ago. What I very briefly and without any details reported in the report of May 9: "failure with the crossing of the Seversky Donets south of Kremennoy." I then decided to refuse detailed coverage of the event also for the same reasons for which I did not write about many other “yawning heights of the art of military leadership of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation”, which I know about. However, he did not fully represent the scale of the losses suffered at that time and believed them to be about half or even three times less. Do I now know something in addition to what bloggers have stated? - Yes, I know, including irretrievable losses in people (including senior command staff). But I don't plan to say.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:10:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Source is the governor of Luhansk, who does talk a lot.

A whole battalion of the Russian army refused to advance on Belogorovka

The head of the Lugansk OVA , Sergei Gaidai , said that the Russian invaders had almost captured the city of Rubizhne, but at the same time, a whole battalion of the Russian Federation had already refused to go on the offensive against Belogorovka due to heavy losses.

On television, he said that the occupiers control almost everything in Rubizhne, but they have not been able to get through the area protected by the Ukrainian National Guard for the third month.

According to him, the situation in the city itself is difficult: there is no water, gas, and the only thing Russians are proud of is that they “opened” a hospital that was closed. He also noted that on the border with the Donetsk region, where the invaders are trying to block the highway from Popasna and Belogorivka, there are powerful battles. “Belogorovka is already going to be history, a byword. Chernobaevka sometimes in some directions, probably, is resting.

Because such stubbornness, stupidity, I don’t know what it is, to climb into the front like that, put pontoons in the same place, where almost 90 units of heavy equipment have already been smashed, where a bunch of orcs have been burned, where some boat has been sunk , they had some kind of gondola - we call it the Moscow Region, because it does not pull to Moscow, the helicopter was shot down," Gaidai added.

According to him, in this place Russia's attempts to attack are "just terrible", despite which she still tries to do it.

“From the intercepts, we understand that it’s just that the whole battalion refused to go on the offensive, because they see what is happening. Now our guys are starting to work out with artillery that side [of the Seversky Donets], on which they tried to gain a foothold.

And on the outskirts of Severodonetsk, they say that they took Voevodovka - they took it so that they can’t enter it, because for some reason they are dying. And they are trying to make a breakthrough in the direction of Gorny from Nizhny," Gaidai summed up.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:14:57 AM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes

Former DPR Defense Minister
https://t.me/strelkovii/2545

As an answer to the question: “Was I aware of the terrible loss and senselessness of the pogrom on the Seversky Donets?” - I answer: yes, it was. Even 4 days ago. What I very briefly and without any details reported in the report of May 9: "failure with the crossing of the Seversky Donets south of Kremennoy." I then decided to refuse detailed coverage of the event also for the same reasons for which I did not write about many other “yawning heights of the art of military leadership of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation”, which I know about. However, he did not fully represent the scale of the losses suffered at that time and believed them to be about half or even three times less. Do I now know something in addition to what bloggers have stated? - Yes, I know, including irretrievable losses in people (including senior command staff). But I don't plan to say.

is that a poor translation or do they really talk like special ed 3rd graders?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:30:09 AM EDT
[#44]
More photos of the Bilohorivka crossing.

View Quote

Insane. That’s a massacre.

They earned it.

Every inch and round.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:30:49 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

He’s wrong. That’s not a pogrom. That’s justice.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:18:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif

Fuck anyone telling them to negotiate. They're either dumb as a box of rocks or are trying to manipulate UA for their own purposes.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

But Ukraine's leaders are in no mood to hear talk of ceasefires or negotiations at this stage  and they are wary of Europeans advocating negotiations. Paris and Berlin's history of pressuring smaller states into making concessions to Russia makes them especially suspicious, officials told me in Kyiv recently.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif

Watch the video a few posts up of my PM explaining Soviet/Russian bargaining tactics. Macron is willing to give away something that isn’t his  to become something that should not be Putin’s.

I have read many times “Ukraine shouldn’t fight,they’re making this worse for themselves and risking nuclear war” on this site of supposed conservatives that are supposed to understand how important it is to defend liberty and not buckle under to tyranny and coercion. The exact same people who wonder “Why didn’t the Jews fight? Why didn’t they take up guns?” will tell you that Ukrainians should simply accept being shot in the back for their own good. This portion of the right has devolved into sheer contemptible madness.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:13:24 AM EDT
[#47]

is that a poor translation or do they really talk like special ed 3rd graders?
View Quote

Telegram's translation.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:14:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Azov Deputy says 6,000 Russians killed and over 100 armored vehicles.
????????? ????????? ?????????? ??? ????????? ?????? ?????? ??? ?????? ?????
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5578
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top