BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5580
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

https://i.imgur.com/TeP8yaW.png?fb
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:
Originally Posted By whollyshite:
Weird moves as of late.  They put all of their mission ready subs to sea the other day in an emergency fashion.

https://i.imgur.com/TeP8yaW.png?fb

Not really weird....according to the article the subs being sent our are a deterrent to the west to stay out of whatever happens.  Winter seems like a bad time to kick this off.  I really figured Russia would time this with whatever China has planned for after the olympics.

But maybe Russia is looking to keep the EU/NATO in check by yanking the Natural Gas reins during the winter.  Harder to do that in the summer.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

Not really weird....according to the article the subs being sent our are a deterrent to the west to stay out of whatever happens.  Winter seems like a bad time to kick this off.  I really figured Russia would time this with whatever China has planned for after the olympics.

But maybe Russia is looking to keep the EU/NATO in check by yanking the Natural Gas reins during the winter.  Harder to do that in the summer.
View Quote

Jamestown.org has a number articles on Russian natural gas politics with regard to Moldovia that are pretty decent.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Apparently the Rooshins store their tanks underwater:

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Apparently the Rooshins store their tanks underwater:

View Quote

As he said,  нормально (Normal) It's fine
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Well i wish i understood better Ukrainian. This show has been on for 30 minutes. Looks like at least some media people here are watching the shit show in the works.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't say.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

I am sure it also costs Ukraine money to respond to this activity.  It's not like they have the money to waste, or desire to risk doing nothing in response.

To watch the news here i don't see anything other than Zelinsky talking about a coup in the works the other day. Top stories are COVID BS, auto accidents, and busting a ring of ATM card skimmer crooks.

I come here for the news i care about.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BoostKING:

I'd give it an 80% chance Russia has to get it on. This build up costs money.

I am sure it also costs Ukraine money to respond to this activity.  It's not like they have the money to waste, or desire to risk doing nothing in response.

To watch the news here i don't see anything other than Zelinsky talking about a coup in the works the other day. Top stories are COVID BS, auto accidents, and busting a ring of ATM card skimmer crooks.

I come here for the news i care about.

I've been wondering about the coup story. Seems fake and something the Kiev gov has drummed up but not something I would entirely put past Russia doing. What is your take on it?
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

I'll clear this up.

Due to a personal issue with that thread intersecting with my real life(being vague on purpose), I asked staff to move it out of the immediate public domain. It was that or nuking it.

Currently, things are happening extremely fast. I'm still tracking this daily. It's......concerning, to put it lightly. This is completely different than April.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thezentree:

But why not just move it to team instead? I read every post of that thread before it got moved. WTF.

I'll clear this up.

Due to a personal issue with that thread intersecting with my real life(being vague on purpose), I asked staff to move it out of the immediate public domain. It was that or nuking it.

Currently, things are happening extremely fast. I'm still tracking this daily. It's......concerning, to put it lightly. This is completely different than April.

Thank you. Are you in country? I think April was the trial run.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#9]
A twit account to check up on periodically:

Another:

View Quote

Isn't Girkin the former head of the DPR rebels?
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
No idea. Intel Crab keep retweeting him.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Weird moves as of late.  They put all of their mission ready subs to sea the other day in an emergency fashion.
View Quote

A few months after someone wiped out a bunch of Scandinavian undersea listening posts?  I’m sure it’s jus coincidence.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#12]

I've been wondering about the coup story. Seems fake and something the Kiev gov has drummed up but not something I would entirely put past Russia doing. What is your take on it?
View Quote

Zelensky wouldn't be in power if not for a Western financed coup. Typical backwards bullshit.

The Ukrainians remind me of the Poles in 1939, betting on "allied" promises. They're going to get stomped on if they're not careful
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Thank you. Are you in country? I think April was the trial run.
View Quote

No

View Quote

Yes. That is an Ukrainian osint account.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I think the Russians would do whatever they can to stir the pot and influence Ukraine's decisions as far as alliances, but I'm no expert on the matter.

People just want to live their lives here. Sucks this shit has been going on this long.  The Ukrainian Hryvnia isn't doing too good compared to the dollar right now for obvious reasons.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#15]
A twit account to check up on periodically:

View Quote

Scroll past the convoy footage for the Team of Zenya - thank me later.

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:36:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LoBrau] [#16]
Originally Posted By daemon734:
Not to speak for him, but im pretty sure the OP was just tired of GDs bullshit and the only other option was completely nuking the thread.
View Quote

Yeah, he messaged me and I'm satisfied with his explanation. Let this thread carry on in its place.

Eta: I posted before I saw he'd replied here. Carry on.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Go with the odds. When Western media is pimping: Russia-Ukraine border: Why Moscow is Stoking Tensions they are lying to us all. Remember that the US was at the center of the Color Revolution as well as the Arab Spring.

NATO is the MILINDSTBANKING complex on a global scale.

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By blueballs:

Include vets too or just active?

View Quote

Vets too
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Vets too
View Quote

Never knew it was a thing until now.  I looked through my profile and rules.  Not seeing how to apply.  Mind tossing me a bone?
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Never knew it was a thing until now.  I looked through my profile and rules.  Not seeing how to apply.  Mind tossing me a bone?
View Quote

Email: [email protected] with a redacted copy of dd214. I just sent them a pic of my old ID with the personal info blocked out and my screen name written next to it
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Yes, it is for the veted military members who wish to be a part of it. Those of us with .mil icons
View Quote

Cool...I don't get to see it because I won't send a forum a copy of my 214. Whatever.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Russians are adding cages to mitigate top attack munitions. Looks like they're preparing for a pretty tough fight.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/378130/u2lnjx1n5h181_png-2187068.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/378130/is8w0x7fk1a71_jpg-2187069.JPG
View Quote

Looks like they plan on taking armor into the cities.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#24]
ost
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

How effective is hillbilly armor against modern top down munitions?

Teague is a good guy...shame though most of us in that thread were good about policing the shit stirrers and got a few bounced from the thread.  

View Quote

Well, if it prevents proper standoff distance for HEAT munitions it more than pays for itself.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#26]
OST
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BigheadCCT:

Cool...I don't get to see it because I won't send a forum a copy of my 214. Whatever.
View Quote

If you can't figure out how to redact everything, well that's your loss I guess.

There was zero PII on the pic I sent in(other than screename)
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Maneuvers with the participation of more than 10 thousand servicemen began in the south of Russia

Moscow. December 1. INTERFAX.RU - More than 10 thousand servicemen as part of battalion tactical groups of motorized rifle formations of the Southern Military District marched to the areas of combined arms training grounds, the press service of the Southern Military District reports.

"In the field, about a third of the units of all formations and military units of the Southern Military District will begin the winter training period for the new academic year. More than at 30 combined-arms training grounds, "the message says.

It is noted that autonomous field camps APL-500 have been deployed on the basis of the main training grounds to accommodate personnel. For the first time, training sessions started at the new Nesterovsky training ground in Ingushetia and the Danilovsky training ground in the Volgograd region.

For the rest of the units, the winter training period will begin at the points of permanent deployment - in classrooms and on the command-line training and material base - as part of the second and third training modules.

The modular training system, organized on a rotational basis, provides comprehensive training for all departments during each month.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 2:18:26 AM EDT
[#29]
NATO warns of 'high price' if Russia attacks Ukraine
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 2:25:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Email: [email protected] with a redacted copy of dd214. I just sent them a pic of my old ID with the personal info blocked out and my screen name written next to it
View Quote

Thank you. First time I've seen clear directions for this.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 2:28:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BigheadCCT:

View Quote

Back when they started it, you could just send an email asking for an icon from your .mil email addy. Not sure if that'll suffice anymore though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#32]

I think the Russians would do whatever they can to stir the pot and influence Ukraine's decisions as far as alliances, but I'm no expert on the matter.

People just want to live their lives here. Sucks this shit has been going on this long.  The Ukrainian Hryvnia isn't doing too good compared to the dollar right now for obvious reasons.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20211201_002444_jpg-2187230.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20211201_002444_jpg-2187230.JPG

Nearly all currencies are shit right now including the dollar, oddly even with the massive debasement the dollar has seen nearly all the other currencies are being devalued at an even faster rate. The great reset is a massive pay cut and asset theft all in one. On the other side all but a select few will be much poorer.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#33]
For some reason it got moved to the .mil forum
View All Quotes
For some reason it got moved to the .mil forum

That reason was the OP's request.  

Include vets too or just active?

current and former SMs
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SolidState:

View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Getting-military-icons-for-your-username-and-access-to-private-military-forums/77-2380890/
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Large rally ongoing.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:39:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PissedMick] [#37]
Blinken-Lavrov meeting concluded after 30 mins with reports of it being heated.

Tass reports that Russia apprehended a Ukrainian operative planning a terrorist attack.  https://tass.com/society/1369617

RT (gov’t mouthpiece) reports that military action in Ukraine is highly likely.  https://www.rt.com/russia/541955-military-action-ukraine-territory/

Interesting developments to say the least.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By die-tryin:

Arfcom got woke. Move anything of value to subforum or restricted forums

Keep this in mind when time to re-up.
View Quote

Yep, the decline is real!
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#39]
No news allowed in the new and improved arfcom.  Only fluffy white clouds and happy little trees.
View Quote

We can still share banana bread recipes as long as we keep it un-controversial.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Didn't we see this movie recently?

Fictionalized BBC Special Report of NATO-Russia conflict

While we're at it, what would Biden do:
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Since Teague was good enough to provide a reason for the move I’m sure all the trigglypuffs that accused the site of moving it because they’re woke/commie/reptilians/whatever will have the intestinal fortitude to own up their mistake instead of just slinking off and forgetting about it…
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:04:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Who_Me] [#42]
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken warned Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov at their meeting in Stockholm on Thursday that “if Russia decides to pursue confrontation, there will be serious consequences,” adding that “the best way to avert a crisis is through diplomacy."
View Quote

https://www.armytimes.com/flashpoints/2021/12/02/us-warns-russia-as-kremlin-talks-about-war-threat-in-ukraine/

Attachment Attached File

I'm sure that'll scare them off.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JAD762:
Since Teague was good enough to provide a reason for the move I’m sure all the trigglypuffs that accused the site of moving it because they’re woke/commie/reptilians/whatever will have the intestinal fortitude to own up their mistake instead of just slinking off and forgetting about it…
View Quote

This IS GD, where we fly off the handle and jump to the craziest conclusion.

Didnt Russia do this last year (or was it earlier this year) when they had their massive mil. buildup at the border "acting" like they were about to invade only to return to barracks after. Some theorized that it was the precursor or rehersal for an actual invasion, preparing routes and forward positions and maybe even pre-positioning equipment.  

Or is all of this meant to make Ukraine bankrupt by constantly mobilizing for an invasion that comes politically rather than militarily?
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

There’s a tacked thread in the “Hall of Heroes” forum (Unrestricted military forum) under General.  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Getting-military-icons-for-your-username-and-access-to-private-military-forums/77-2380890/
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

This IS GD, where we fly off the handle and jump to the craziest conclusion.

Didnt Russia do this last year (or was it earlier this year) when they had their massive mil. buildup at the border "acting" like they were about to invade only to return to barracks after. Some theorized that it was the precursor or rehersal for an actual invasion, preparing routes and forward positions and maybe even pre-positioning equipment.  

Or is all of this meant to make Ukraine bankrupt by constantly mobilizing for an invasion that comes politically rather than militarily?
View Quote

During spring most had figured that the probability of an attack then was low.  After their partial drawdown it was pointed out that much of their equipment was left at the sites and fall-winter was cited as the next period for any happenings.  Which brings us to now.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#46]

I'll clear this up.

View Quote

Can you toss out an Alas Babylon if it comes to that?

More seriously, good to see you still rolling.  The data you were dropping in the moved thread was great.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Headed to Poltava oblast in 18 days. Guess I'll pack plate carrier, and depend on battlefield pick ups. Sure wish ITAR wasn't a thing!
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#48]
@jafrush
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Looks like the Ukrainians have learned nothing in the last 7 years and they are still massing their armor closely together in open fields.

If fighting happens, lostarmour.info  will be a popular site once again.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Headed to Poltava oblast in 18 days. Guess I'll pack plate carrier, and depend on battlefield pick ups. Sure wish ITAR wasn't a thing!
View Quote

As John McClane would say in this situation,
Come out to Dnipro, we'll get together, have a few laughs...

Be safe in your travels and будь здоров!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5580
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top