Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5569
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer]
It says it's been moved, but the link just takes me to the Community page. What gives?

This is now the active "shit (might be) is definitely happening in Ukraine" thread.

News links, thanks to BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
LINKS TO UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES IN ENGLISH

Kyiv Post

Ukrainian News

UKRInform

EUROMAIDEN PRESS

New Voice of Ukraine

Kyiv Independent

Ukraine World

InterFax Ukraine

UATV

Ukrainian Journal

Official Website of the President of Ukraine

Ukrainian Ministry of Defense

Save these links. I can't post all the headlines like I've done in the past - too much news and too often.
View Quote

Please @ me with additional stuff to be added here. I don't currently have time to properly curate this thread otherwise.

New news link c/o berettaguy:

Ukrainian Pravda
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/

Stop fake, anti - disinformation site:
https://www.stopfake.org/en/main/
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

As I said since the fucken beginning of this thread. Hungary would dump Russia easily if Hungary got access to a better deal on the Paks II station.

The EU for almost 16 years has been asking and forcing and nudging Hungary to stop the nuclear power plant and shut it down and go buy gas on the open market.

Hungary has refused.

Ukraine isn't so fucken innocent again also with the forced language shit they passed.

I'd rather that Ukraine and Hungary are friends and I'd rather that Hungary gets a better deal on nuclear terms for the plants. Poland signed a deal with South Korea also.

https://www.politico.eu/article/poland-ramps-up-nuclear-expansion-commissions-south-korea-for-four-new-reactors/

Hungary getting butt fucked with dumb alliances is because all of the previous politicians cared was for Hungary and nothing else. Horthy got Vienna awards I and II and Hitler asked him to join in Barbarossa and what happened?

The foreign minister Count Teleki committed suicide because he didn't know what to do.

Also, Russia bombed Kassa and that was the prelude for Hungary joining the war. But we still don't know who actually did it.

Stalin and Molotov asked Hungary to stay out of the war and they even returned the battle flags they captured from 1848 back to Hungary. They even said they will honor Vienna I and II and then Kassa bombing happened.

In the end, as a Hungarian myself, I want Hungary to be involved and help Ukraine fuck up Russia and we shove and burn that whole fucken plant to the ground but nobody has Paks I parts except for the Orcs.

I've watched the negotiations constantly on the replacement and that is Hungary's future but now that Hungary signed Paks II with the Orcs...and why??

ZERO INTEREST loan on it and it was better terms than what the French, Americans and others were offering but those offerings was because of the hand twisting from the EU and their anti nuclear stance.

I'm not changing my stance on it but here is the TLDR.

- Hungary has NO TERRITORIAL ambitions with the Ukraine, it is all about the Nuclear power plant and Paks I is scheduled to be shut down in 2030 and then HUNGARY is fucked with no independent power.
Until Hungary gets a better term and better conditions to break the RusAtom contract, Hungary is gonna remain neutral sadly.

It's all about that stupid fucken power plant and their EU.

It's political football.. nothing else.

View Quote
Those are your opinions, but my opinion is that Orban is setting up the long game with that scarf.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Weird.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
Strangely cut video.   May be a Russian suicide with a drone drop for good measure.

Weird.
The RU was wounded, killed himself and dead after the grenade drop, should have saved it for someone else
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Big current assessment of the war in Ukraine available in pdf format.

link to pdf is here:  https://www.patreon.com/file?h=75058600&i=12381563
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:31:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#4]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

I am wishfully thinking some offensive action will take place. They can't just keep letting russia launch on their power systems. Ether start dismantling Belogrod and rostov or go after the bomber bases.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

I am wishfully thinking some offensive action will take place. They can't just keep letting russia launch on their power systems. Ether start dismantling Belogrod and rostov or go after the bomber bases.
View All Quotes

Me too, plus knowing another one is coming in about a week, I'm hoping additional air defenses are set up to protect that power infrastructure.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiRd4-wXEBEDGhO?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiRd4wvXEAkLDM6?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

That can't be real. That's to nuts even for a psycho Russian. Right?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Those linked sources were taken offline.  Wonder what the backstory on that is?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

How many of us didn’t know we loved Poland so much until all this?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Wow. A better defense is a good offense.. long past time to start giving Ukraine ATACMS and cruise missile capability. It would also be great to start copying the Iranian suicide drones and start sending those back to Russia.. in mass formations.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:29:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#11]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

Still russkie propaganda according to the replies. It’s funny they knock the electrical wiring. Don’t walk around too many gov operations here! https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/A2D7BBCC-CA9E-41DE-9F17-46C7DA295E84-2611802.png
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/10A905DB-5B86-4AA7-AAE7-ED9DE2D0D0EC-2611803.png

They haven’t sent it to the EU (yet)
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
So many similarities between what he says and what we hear here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICDCWFHzlq0
View Quote

In this video, we watch the assailant claim to be the victim.  

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

In this video, we watch the assailant claim to be the victim.  

View Quote
That too. It's an amazing amount of shit he can spew
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Those are your opinions, but my opinion is that Orban is setting up the long game with that scarf.
View All Quotes

As I said since the fucken beginning of this thread. Hungary would dump Russia easily if Hungary got access to a better deal on the Paks II station.

The EU for almost 16 years has been asking and forcing and nudging Hungary to stop the nuclear power plant and shut it down and go buy gas on the open market.

Hungary has refused.

Ukraine isn't so fucken innocent again also with the forced language shit they passed.

I'd rather that Ukraine and Hungary are friends and I'd rather that Hungary gets a better deal on nuclear terms for the plants. Poland signed a deal with South Korea also.

https://www.politico.eu/article/poland-ramps-up-nuclear-expansion-commissions-south-korea-for-four-new-reactors/

Hungary getting butt fucked with dumb alliances is because all of the previous politicians cared was for Hungary and nothing else. Horthy got Vienna awards I and II and Hitler asked him to join in Barbarossa and what happened?

The foreign minister Count Teleki committed suicide because he didn't know what to do.

Also, Russia bombed Kassa and that was the prelude for Hungary joining the war. But we still don't know who actually did it.

Stalin and Molotov asked Hungary to stay out of the war and they even returned the battle flags they captured from 1848 back to Hungary. They even said they will honor Vienna I and II and then Kassa bombing happened.

In the end, as a Hungarian myself, I want Hungary to be involved and help Ukraine fuck up Russia and we shove and burn that whole fucken plant to the ground but nobody has Paks I parts except for the Orcs.

I've watched the negotiations constantly on the replacement and that is Hungary's future but now that Hungary signed Paks II with the Orcs...and why??

ZERO INTEREST loan on it and it was better terms than what the French, Americans and others were offering but those offerings was because of the hand twisting from the EU and their anti nuclear stance.

- Hungary has NO TERRITORIAL ambitions with the Ukraine, it is all about the Nuclear power plant and Paks I is scheduled to be shut down in 2030 and then HUNGARY is fucked with no independent power.
Until Hungary gets a better term and better conditions to break the RusAtom contract, Hungary is gonna remain neutral sadly.

Treaty of Trianon was because of Wilson and his bullshit policies.
I mean who does that and carves out 4 million people into other countries unless you want to create another war.

In the end, you don't live here, I do and all Orban wants is that Hungarians can practice and do their own fucken thing.
The EU can be a guarantee of that but borders moving around again is never happening.

But do on and listen to the shit needs on it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Big airstrike on Novorossiysk would fuck RU's shit up. It's a long mission to get there, though, since they lack in flight refueling infrastructure.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

I'm shocked this didn't happen more after the disaster of the 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and the inability of Russia to provide any kind of meaningful help.

The sharks are starting to smell Putin's blood in the water..
View All Quotes

The Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO)[3] is an intergovernmental military alliance in Eurasia consisting of six post-Soviet states: Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, and Tajikistan. The Collective Security Treaty has its origins in the Soviet Armed Forces, which was replaced in 1992 by the United Armed Forces of the Commonwealth of Independent States, and was then itself replaced by the successor armed forces of the respective independent states.

Similar to Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty and the Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance, Article 4 of the Collective Security Treaty (CST) establishes that an aggression against one signatory would be perceived as an aggression against all. The CSTO charter reaffirmed the desire of all participating states to abstain from the use or threat of force. Signatories are prohibited from joining other military alliances.[4]

I'm shocked this didn't happen more after the disaster of the 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and the inability of Russia to provide any kind of meaningful help.

Putin betrayed the Armenians, there was no “inability to help”. It was due to a combination of wanting to stay on good terms with the Azeris (and their Turkish patrons) and putting Armenia in a position of increased dependency on him for “protection”. He didn’t let Baby Assad twist in the wind like he did to Armenia.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:55:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#17]

Wow. A better defense is a good offense.. long past time to start giving Ukraine ATACMS and cruise missile capability. It would also be great to start copying the Iranian suicide drones and start sending those back to Russia.. in mass formations.
View All Quotes

This does seem to be what they are doing.

The only released photograph of a part of this drone.

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/ukroboronprom-is-developing-weapons-with-a-range-of-1-000-km/#:~:text=Against%20the%20background%20of%20Russian,of%20the%20concern%20on%20Facebook

facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/100068804096685/posts/420733193563480/?flite=scwspnss

They are flight testing in bad weather as of a post this morning.

Company site page here: https://www.facebook.com/ukroboronprom

Awesome image as their header.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Brutal.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:01:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#19]
"We were running away from a tank yesterday, F'n hell it had thermal vision for f'ks sake, chopping everything."

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#20]

I agree, certainly seems to be developing cracks.

View All Quotes

The Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO)[3] is an intergovernmental military alliance in Eurasia consisting of six post-Soviet states: Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, and Tajikistan. The Collective Security Treaty has its origins in the Soviet Armed Forces, which was replaced in 1992 by the United Armed Forces of the Commonwealth of Independent States, and was then itself replaced by the successor armed forces of the respective independent states.

Similar to Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty and the Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance, Article 4 of the Collective Security Treaty (CST) establishes that an aggression against one signatory would be perceived as an aggression against all. The CSTO charter reaffirmed the desire of all participating states to abstain from the use or threat of force. Signatories are prohibited from joining other military alliances.[4]

I agree, certainly seems to be developing cracks.

In 2020 Putin cynically didn’t help until Armenia was willing to sell their soul to him. Now, he can’t help. What’s the use of being a client state to a patron that doesn’t do shit for you? The Armenians have figured out that the only way to make the Azeris stop is to cut a deal with the Azeri’s backers.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

They should melt the head down into a barely recognizable lump and put the handle through a wood chipper, put it back in the case and send it back to them.
View All Quotes

They should melt the head down into a barely recognizable lump and put the handle through a wood chipper, put it back in the case and send it back to them.

A blacksmith should forge the head into a figurine of Putin, and put the handle in his ass.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Melt it down and make ammo for Ukraine from it!

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Hell with that.

30mm VOG17 vs. 40mm M203 is the real argument.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By doc540:
This thread has more rabbit holes than the Somme.

At least we haven't argued over 5.45 .vs 5.56 yet...

Hell with that.

Seriously, and VOG17 is winning.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Hell with that.

View All Quotes

Hell with that.

I'm looking forward to Javelin/NLAW/C90/Carl G/PZF-3 analysis.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Hell with that.

View All Quotes

Hell with that.

The 30mm is a better Antipersonnel round, its longer body is better for frag.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Russia can never win with Ukrainians like that. Seriously Ukrainians are some bad ass mofos.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#29]

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Brutal.

View Quote

That's a fucking insane amount of casualties.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:06:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#33]

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Well that struck a cord. Damn onions.....
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#35]
The advantage a thermal weapon sight gives.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Putin betrayed the Armenians, there was no “inability to help”. It was due to a combination of wanting to stay on good terms with the Azeris (and their Turkish patrons) and putting Armenia in a position of increased dependency on him for “protection”. He didn’t let Baby Assad twist in the wind like he did to Armenia.
View Quote

A screenshot I took of Armenians protesting Putin at the summit.

Flying our flag is one hell of a slap in the face.

Full video. Time stamp is at about 6:45
Putin Seeks More Advanced Weapons For CSTO Forces As Armenia Highlights Cracks In Alliance
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

View All Quotes
Brutal.

They are beening bled white...
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Meat grinder at gas station in Bahmut

https://t.me/horevica/7888
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
That has to suck for Iran. They have very options to respond with.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

There was a heavy effort a few months back to locate and report Iranian instructors seen in various areas.  Must have gotten good intel.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JethroActual:

Paul Pelosi already put in a bid on it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JethroActual:

Paul Pelosi already put in a bid on it.
In his underwear, or is that he is planning on answering the door in his underwear when it arrives?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Brutal.

That's wild, they pretty much just lay there if it's your time to go then it's your time to go mentality.  What a backward way of thinking. Russia is wasting lives for no damn reason
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#45]

I mean who does that and carves out 4 million people into other countries unless you want to create another war.

In the end, you don't live here, I do and all Orban wants is that Hungarians can practice and do their own fucken thing.
The EU can be a guarantee of that but borders moving around again is never happening.

View All Quotes

Hungary has refused.

You sound conflicted with one hand you want the territory back.  On the other hand, you think it's not worth it and leave the borders be.

Hungary is not on my list of places to live.  Too many roving thieves, or maybe there is fewer now that they are roaming the EU pick pocketing, running ruses to steal stuff to unsuspecting people.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Brutal.

View Quote

Love the music.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Brutal.

View Quote

I wonder which one of those guys fucked
the Drone master's sister because it looks
personal to me.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#48]
"We were running away from a tank yesterday, F'n hell it had thermal vision for f'ks sake, chopping everything."

View Quote

You know it's bad when you get down to
asking your mother for help.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#49]
You don't get to see the aftermath, but this is a Ukrainian first person view drone with a weapon flying and diving in on a Russian position.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/z32vxg/video_showing_a_ukrainian_loitering_munition/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

I got to be honest, I'm glad she wants to help and go pick up her son.  She has empathy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5569
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top