Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2001 3:10:40 AM EDT
Well Im a newbie from the Dayton, Ohio area. I have actually been hanging out for a little while reading posts and doing some research, so last night I went out and bought my first AR.  Just wanted to say thanks for all the help everyone has unknowingly given me.  Great site and great people - does it get any better then this!

SuperDave
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:28:23 AM EDT
[#1]
 It does get better, soon you will have two AR's,fifty mags and around 5,000 rounds of ammo sitting all over the house and the woman will start complaining!!!!
 You going to the Goodman show this weekend?
I am from Troy, right up old 75 from ya.

Chuck
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:30:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:33:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I actually bought my rifle in Troy @ RapidFire. Going to the show Sat. morning to stock up on some more rounds and a couple mags.  Then hopefully if the weather holds out head to Springvalley Sun. morning and break her in.

Any other places to shoot around our area?  Like I said above we go to Springvalley or down to our land in southern Ohio. But the second is a long haul for just a day.

SuperDave
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:37:48 AM EDT
[#4]
 Dude, if you bought that rifle at Rapid Fire, I might already know you.
 I'm the one with the tattoos, the southern drawl, and the dim view of the government!!

Stop by Saturday morning at the table, and we will shoot the old shyte for a few.

Chuck
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:43:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope doesn't ring a bell. I got it last night, and I dealt with Todd.  Hell he even fixed my M1 carbine rear sight for free, and knocked down the price on ammo since I bought 200 rounds. Great store.  Sure wish I knew it was there sooner. Found it cruising the internet. Almost went to Old English till I found Rapidfire.  I will swing by when we get there!

SuperDave
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:51:20 AM EDT
[#6]
 I was out until about 5:30 yesterday, sorry that I missed ya dude.
 Be sure to stop by at the show and say hey,I'll be there around 11:00 or so maybe earlier.

Chuck
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 5:00:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Will do!

Link Posted: 5/25/2001 5:16:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Hook, line and sinker!  We got you!  Now, enjoy it!
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 5:27:42 AM EDT
[#9]
So are there any good places to shoot in the Dayton area besides Springvalley?  Any clubs?

Thanks for all the help!

SuperDave
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 5:54:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

does it get any better then this!

SuperDave
View Quote

Ha ha SuperDave, I must wholeheartedly agree!!  I just wanted to spend a little time welcoming a new member to our little "town" on the AR15.com site.  I have a full agenda, but life cannot be too busy when I'm on-line to welcome a new member to our little "town" on the AR15.com site.  

Therefore, welcome to the site, SuperDave!  Hope you enjoy becoming a "citizen" here.  [:)]

BTW, congrats on getting your first AR rifle.

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
 [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/scooby1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 5:56:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Welcome!
What part of Ohio are you from? Dayton? cleveland?  
Congrads on your new AR.  Can you please give us some particulars, such as make & model, BBL lenght, and anything else that you may find interesting?

Are you a member of a gun rights groups?  Ohio -  home of anti-gun John Glen and Howard Metzenbaum(?), but of course I am stuck with Babs Boxer and Di Fienstein.

Happy Memorial Day!
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I am in the Dayton area (Huber Heights). I support the Ohioans for Concealed Carry, NRA, and Rep. Tom Brinkman (although he's not in my district.) Plus I am ex-military. And a good old Kentucky boy who just loves guns.

My rifle is a Bushmaster XM15-E2S A2 with a 20 inch barrel.  I also have a M1 Carbine, 6 shotguns, 2 handguns (more on the way, 2 blackpowder rifles, a couple .22 rifles and a few antiques. One being a Winchester Model 1894 lever action that is one of the first 2400 rifles made. Its a 32-40.  I have a WW1 pump shotgun, and the first model semi-auto Remington shotgun.  You cant have enough guns. (Although my wife would argue that point)

Thanks for making me feel at home!

SuperDave
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Super Dave,
 Welcome to to the world of ARs! You'll be an addict soon. it only takes 1!

As far as clubs or places to shoot, there's Miamisburg Sportsmans Club on Union Rd. just off 725. It's a private club, costs about $125.00 a year. They have an indoor range, skeet houses and trap. also, 100 and 200 yd. rifle ranges and a really cool .22lr metal knockdown range that has probably 100 or so metal drop targets. They have weekly IPSC matches both indoor and out including 3 gun matches. They also have Cowboy Action shooting (occasionally). The plus is, it's rarely crowded and you get your own key to the place.
 Secondly there's Middletown Sportsmans Club. They are down on Michael Rd. They have 20 trap ranges, 2 skeet fields, sporting clays range as well as a pretty decent rifle range out to to 200yd. there is no indoor range though. Membership is $35.00 per year.
 Lastly, there's my house. I have my own range with permanent target stands at 50,100,150 and 250 yds. It comes complete with horshoe pits, a large fire pit and a custom built shootin/picnic table. Membership is a 12 pack of Bud Light (for after shooting of course)! Located at the range is a complete reloading & repair shop. As an added bonus, it would seem that a colony of groundhogs has made their new home just adjacent to my rifle range! :-)
 Todd at Rapid Fire is a pretty good dude. I've given him several paychecks! And as for 300ydclean AKA Chuck, I would steer well clear of him! you gotta watch them tattooed train hobos!:-)

Well, welcome again I'm sure we'll run into each other one of these days. I have people over for shoots all the time but here lately I've been woorking out of town and don't have alot of time at home. I'll be at Hara for the show probably Sunday morning. Just ask Todd or Chuck if I'm there, then we can meet.

Greg
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:42:11 AM EDT
[#14]
 Aw gee wiz, get a couple of tats and go to work for the railroad and now I'm a bad guy[whacko]

You must be busy Greg, haven't seen you around for awhile. C-ya at the show probably.

Chuck
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:45:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Greg,

Thanks for all the info!  I like the admission price of a 12 pack the best! Since I am a newbie I will just bring along a case. My stepfather is a member at the Middletown club I believe, I will have to check into it.  I will be shooting Sunday at Springvalley if the weather holds out so I will have to try to look you up another time. Thanks for the welcome.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Seems we have quite a few shooters in the Cincinnati/Dayton area.

I have to ad, Middletown membership is $59.00 for the first year and $35.00 every year after to renew. Also ad $35.00 if you want to bring out of family guests.

We should all get together at Middletown some day and do some blasting. I may swing out there this afternoon if my buddy is able to get home from work early enough.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Now if we can only hook ya for a AR15.COM Limited Edition M4 for $660.00 the world will be right.

Try to make the "Bulletfest" in OH at end of June.   Should be a great time.  A lot of members from various forums will be there.

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=23237#lastPost[/url]

Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#18]
welcome.i'll stop by and say hi to you tomorrow chuck.i'll be the guy with a tatoo,long hair and has a very dim view of the government.mmk
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#19]
UMM... $660  that could be something to think about.

I am up for shooting anytime. A big shooting fest would be a blast!

Dave

Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#20]
i have that same rifle.love it.to me the 20 inch  barrel is it.the 16 just look to swat to me where as the 20 looks more military.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#21]
 MMK,

Do that, if I'm not at the table, I will be out walking around scamming some deals.
 I will be wearing a ball cap that says"Blunder Ranch High Power Rifle Team" and has an AR on it.

Chuck
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Lets plan a shooting get together if there are enough people interested. I could learn a lot in the matter of hours from more experienced people when it comes to the quirks of ARs.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey Ohio guys.  I'm not to far from bwilder.  If you are going to Middletown LMK.  I'll meet ya there as well.  I been wanting to check out that club and maybe join, but don't really know any members and I think you have to get a member to sign off on you.  

I'm a member of Fairfield Sportmans Association if anybody ever wants to check that out.  100,200,300 yrd rifle range with about 25 shooting posotions.  2 25 and 50 yrd pistol ranges.  25yd plinking range. 2 skeet ranges 8-9 trap houses.  Archery range etc.  Great club!!
Several pictures here - [url]http://blackrifle.tripod.com/FSAClub.htm[/url]

[img]blackrifle.tripod.com/Fsa2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#24]
That's a nice looking range! Where is it? I live in miamisburg, and usually shoot at spring valley. I'd like to do some longer range stuff though.
Airborne!
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That's a nice looking range! Where is it? I live in miamisburg, and usually shoot at spring valley. I'd like to do some longer range stuff though.
Airborne!
View Quote

It is Fairfield Sportsmans Association. I live about 20 min. south of Miamisburg.  Check the link I gave above for several pics of the different areas at the club.  I used to shoot at Spring Valley years ago.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 3:24:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Nice range. What are the requirements for joining and how do you join. I love the long ranges. I think spring valley only goes out to 100yds. It would be nice to have a 200 and 300 range.

Now if it will just quite raining long enough to leave the house!

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top