Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2021 3:19:04 AM EDT
Shark at aquarium eating catfish

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 3:33:42 AM EDT
[#1]
You’re going to need a bigger boat tank.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 3:39:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget the lasers.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 4:28:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Good eating before they get over four feet long.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry..

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 4:49:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Supposed to use a round tank for sharks. See how they keep running into the walls?
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 5:18:30 AM EDT
[#6]
They will eat everything else and grow up.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 5:58:00 AM EDT
[#7]
You can always buy an island villa with two pools and use one for sharks. Of course you will need to go to the annual Junkanoo, wear and eye patch and work for SPECTRE!

Bonuses are the armed henchman, a really fast yacht and two nukes!
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:00:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't forget the lasers.
View Quote

Frickin laser beams on their heads…
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:00:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you live in a mobile home?
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:01:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Has the Tang Police contacted you yet?
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:08:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome, but very cruel. Sharks need to be in a rounded take, they stuff theselves up in a 90 degree cornered take, the tanks needs to be at lease 3 x that size and Black Tip reef sharks need to be in a group no less than 5. They actually make friends for life and the samd sharks that grow up together, even from differen mother sharks have been found to hang out in tbe same group for life.

I love the Black Tip reefs, they are my favorite, my wife and I swam with a group in Tahiti, I got these shots with my Go Pro and my Samsung phone.

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Too much upkeep, IMO. Your weekend in Miami runs a couple days long & it eats everything else in tank. Hands always stink of frozen shrimp...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I had 3 of them and the cool wore off fast. High power electronic appliances would cause them to bump into the corners of the tank and eventually
they just jumped out and died. I lost 3 of them. They don't belong in aquariums under 2,000 gallons. They go 0 to 100mph in about 2' of distance.

My girlfriend at the time brought a hair drier over and when she turned it on they would shoot across the tank and smash into the glass or the microwave would set them off as well.  

There are lame sharks like bamboo or epilet (sp?) that you could do, but reef/leopard sharks are a no go. You would be lucky to keep them alive for 3 months.

I'll bet those baby sharks in those videos didn't last 6 months.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I've got to say, I love sharks and I've caught a bunch of those little blacktips, but keeping them in that little tank is just wrong.  They aspirate by locomotion, they can't sit still and breathe like a nurse shark or a bamboo shark.  They have to be swimming 100% of the time or they'll drown.  At least put them in a circular tank so they aren't bumping their noses on the wall every 4 seconds.  Pelagic sharks belong in the ocean or on my table.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had 3 of them and the cool wore off fast. High power electronic appliances would cause them to bump into the corners of the tank and eventually
they just jumped out and died. I lost 3 of them. They don't belong in aquariums under 2,000 gallons. They go 0 to 100mph in about 2' of distance.

My girlfriend at the time brought a hair drier over and when she turned it on they would shoot across the tank and smash into the glass or the microwave would set them off as well.  

There are lame sharks like bamboo or epilet (sp?) that you could do, but reef/leopard sharks are a no go. You would be lucky to keep them alive for 3 months.

I'll bet those baby sharks in those videos didn't last 6 months.
View Quote
I was thinking a round pond. Some of those pools people keep huge fish in could work but I worry about the teeth cutting the liner.

Something like this could work while they're little but I'd need something much larger later on.

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#16]
If I was rich I always wanted one of those huge column shaped tanks to keep sharks in.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Go sit in the corner and think about what you did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top