Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2001 7:52:04 PM EDT
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=244108&a=10105470&p=40873987&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]
ROTFLMAO

Man, I really need to get a video camera that I can attach to the eye piece of my scope, we'd get some real decent still captures then!

Better delete the thread before the PETA members come out in droves.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/dog.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]
AAAAAAAAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO

but check out these real photos
[url]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=244108&a=6379549&f=0[/url]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Are thems Prarrie Dogs or Wood Chucks?

Just wondering, I hear Chucks are absolutely huge so I'm betting those are Prarrie Poodles.

I need a slightly bigger target if I'm gonna be hitting varmints past 400 yards, the local ground squirrels are just small enough that at 500 yards they seem to have a magic "star trek" shield around their little fury bodies.   Up till now all I've been able to do is kick dirt in their faces and put bullets literally right under them or right behind them out at the 500 yard line.   I'll get a hit one of these days but it's hard shooting, the trajectory becomes so damned critical that when range varies my calls on distance and my adjustments are within 3-6 inches on the first shot and I usually don't get a second shot or by the time I do get a second shot the thing has run far enough that my trajectory is off again and I have to redo my adjustments or hold over.   Haven't gotten lucky yet, the squirrels have been plenty lucky though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#5]
i admit it, i love that sound of " whistle pigs" eatin a .223HP.  ( if they get run over by a car, they are "road rugs").
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
pic is of dogs"woof woof" but photo album is of chucks not my pics so I'm not 100% sure on all the kills
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]
There was so much controversy about the shooting of cats. What about these poor little dogs!? [:p]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#8]
They deserve it
for trying to be cute.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Big Dog is just trying to insure the survival of his his species when all of a sudden...

[img]http://www.echoesmedia.com/hoeftjl/Dogs.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I realized that this is an exit wound. I enhanced the photo with my Junior G-Man supercomputer and guess who I found lurking in the shadows holding the somking gun...

[img]http://www.echoesmedia.com/hoeftjl/Dogs2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#12]
NYshooter, my comment about "chucks or dogs" was in referrence to the picture album, there were some damned big vermin in those pictures.  I have seen some VERY damned big squirrels though, big fat pregnant females to be exact and they were so big and fat that they were about as big as my shoe(I'm 6ft 4in tall and wear a size 12 shoe).

As for the picture of the prarrie dogs, that picture is the text book example of when you play "enie, meanie, minie, moe" to try and figure out which one you're gonna splatter.

If you get a solid hit you'll likely take out more than just one of them with a single shot.

Last summer while out shooting with a couple of buddies I spotted a pair of squirrels about 100 yards away from my muzzle, they were standing about a foot apart from one another and NOT in line with my muzzle but rather side by side on a plane perpendicular to the bore center line.   I did the classic "enie,meanie" and chose to shoot the one on the left, I nailed the thing dead center and the impact was so violent that either a bullet or bone fragment exited 90 degrees out the side of the intended target and took out the second one standing a foot away just to the right.   TWO WITH ONE SHOT!   After the shot the original target was about 4feet further away from it's little buddy than during the moments before the shot occured.   I was always a firm believer in the power of the Vmax but on that day when I nailed two with one shot and the way it happened I became a faithful follower and now squirrels are nothing more than a sacrifice to the all mighty VMAX god.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 2:07:27 AM EDT
[#13]
the Pics of woodchucks ive seen on [url]www.varminthunters.com[/url] weigh in around 8 pounds (lots of good critter pics and exotic guns on that website)
the pic above are P dogs. my brother shot at a squirrel on log with a 22 pistol, must of shot below him cuz the thing jumped straight UP about a foot in the air and fell behind the log.

he got an edumacation of a life time [:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top