Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 9/14/2021 8:15:36 AM EDT
https://www.apple.com/apple-events/

In before the hate and circle jerk, I need an iphone 13 to replace my 12 and an iWatch 7, my 4 is dying and all fucked up

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:17:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Baaaaa
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to be excited by new releases and such.
Then, their products became so capable that I didn’t need anything new.
Phones, computers, tablets, all last me years now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
They gonna announce the MBP with M1 chips?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:23:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Are these being released with the security vulnerability already installed?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I do intend to replace my Apple Watch 4, I’m wanting to see what the 7 brings before I plunk down some hard earned bucks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had the same MacBook Air for years now.  Hopefully they'll reveal something laptop related.  I don't follow any of this stuff so I have no idea what they have in the pipe.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't imagine anything the 13 and new Apple Watch can have that would make me want to upgrade from my 12 Pro Max and series 6 Watch. Both do everything I need really well (except Apple's swipe word recognition is dogshit)
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had the same MacBook Air for years now.  Hopefully they'll reveal something laptop related.  I don't follow any of this stuff so I have no idea what they have in the pipe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Supposed to just be new iPhone, probably new Apple Watch, maybe new Air Pods, possibly new iPad.

Quoted:
I can't imagine anything the 13 and new Apple Watch can have that would make me want to upgrade from my 12 Pro Max and series 6 Watch. Both do everything I need really well (except Apple's swipe word recognition is dogshit)

The new iPhone wouldn't be much of an upgrade for you but the new watch is supposed to be considerably different than the 6.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

To be fair, anything really demanding people don't really use Macs.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I do intend to replace my Apple Watch 4, I'm wanting to see what the 7 brings before I plunk down some hard earned bucks.
View Quote
supposed to be more squared off on the sides and bigger, i would like to see a circular one
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

typing from one right now, they've been out.  battery life is unreal.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Is it going to send my firearm photos to OSHA?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

but dont you need a new and improved camera!?

eh im the same way.  I've got an iphone 12 and I'm not even on social media.  Text, GPS, phone calls, occasional browsing for info.  thats all i use it for.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:37:35 AM EDT
[#15]
If you’ve got a 12, why would you need to upgrade to a 13? I just got a 12 pro max a couple weeks ago and can’t imagine the 13 would be that much different.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Got my 12 pro max two weeks ago from my old 6s. Time for an upgrade yet?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Interested to see what they'll announce for the iPhones and AirPods today.

Just bought an M1 iPad Pro and Apple Watch Series 6 earlier this year so no more Apple gear for me this year

Leaks for the iPhone 14 look really interesting, so I'll hang on to my 11 Pro Max one more year...
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I literally just got a MacBook Air w/ M1, hope they don't announce an Air w/ the M1x chip. Anyone know if FCPX is optimized for the new chips yet, or just the M1?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Macbook PRO?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, given the state of the world the last 18 months - hard to expect anything revolutionary.  So lets see.  A decent looking apple watch is probably not going to happen-I would love to see them make something mostly round.  A reasonable sized phone, nope they did that last time - no real need.  Apple AR glasses - that has been in the wind for a long time, so why would it materialize now.  

Now things that might show up - improved Covid contact tracing (perhaps in the watch, as that is supposed to be a health related tool).  Covid vaccine passport in the apple wallet.

---
I liked my Iphone X, but it died without reason when it was less than 2 years old.  As such, I think I have an 11pro.  I would have considered replacing it with a 12 if it broke (due to the smaller sized 12 offering), but instead my wife's Iphone X died without a reason and she got a 12-but midsized.  My apple watch 3 is still working fine most of the time, abet something has changed in the settings and it no longer rings via cellular data-which is 1/2 the reason I got it in the first place.  Now it is solely a glorified wrist alarm clock.  A few years back, we were saturated at the house with ipads - but the kids have managed to start breaking them at a increasing rate - and sitting on my wife's 13" pro really pissed me off - shop said not repairable.  I think we have 3 mini's, but I don't know if a single one is working right anymore.  My air and pro work fine - I hide them from the kids.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#21]
One of these days, I'm going to get around to gettin' one of those ifruit products.
I really like the watch, but then I gotta get the phone also.
Maybe one of these days.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Battery life on the 12 pro max is amazing also.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:45:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I literally just got a MacBook Air w/ M1, hope they don't announce an Air w/ the M1x chip. Anyone know if FCPX is optimized for the new chips yet, or just the M1?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I used to work for AT&T and had an iPhone. Once the first Samsung Galaxy S came out in 2010, the swype feature is what sold me and I switched. My S20+ is awesome and my Galaxy watch still does everything I need.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#25]
i’m still using a 6s. how is your 12 in need of replacement?

tech junkies.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#26]
My 6splus screen shatter cracked during a boating trip over the weekend. Not sure how. Currently using it with a layer of packing tape.

What will best value upgrade be? I do like the size of the Plus. It was a hand me down from relative after I left another phone in Frankfurt airport. Thought it was comically huge at first, but not so much now.

Is there an iPad mini pro that might be worth looking at and capable of actual productivity tasks and not just a glorified bathroom/media device?

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Tag for those that can watch and provide updates.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

LoL, there’s always one.  Not sure if ignorance or weak troll.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If you’ve got a 12, why would you need to upgrade to a 13? I just got a 12 pro max a couple weeks ago and can’t imagine the 13 would be that much different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Got my 12 pro max two weeks ago from my old 6s. Time for an upgrade yet?

YIKES super bad timing dudes.  Those will drop like 40% in price in the next month
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Baaaaa
View Quote

He said, sheepishly...
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait for the M1.5 or the M2.0 but the ultimate will be the M2.5
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Since they ditched Intel I couldn't care less.  I don't care how awesome the new chip is.  I valued the ability to dual boot Windows and not have to use virtualization.

It sucks but I have little use for OSX.  Just about every productive app I have is Win only.  Was nice to boot OSX to surf and other basic computer stuff.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm glad I invested in them. It's amazing to me just how good they are at fucking people over and getting them to be excited about it.

I got my wife the 12, and the fucking thing doesn't even come with the power adapter. And from what I understand the one that came with previous models has been known to fuck up the phones.

I mean you charge more, save more money and the end customer laps it up because you tell them "its somehow saving the planet by making the boxes smaller so we can fit more on the pallets". All while ignoring the fact that the only way that's saving the planet is by "employing" more sweatshop workers who will probably live a shorter life thanks to apple.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a 15” MBP with the i9 chip, holy shit does it get hot. I would love an MBP with the ARM chips.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a 15” MBP with the i9 chip, holy shit does it get hot. I would love an MBP with the ARM chips.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have a 15" MBP with the i9 chip, holy shit does it get hot. I would love an MBP with the ARM chips.
View Quote
For what you use yours to do, the current 13" or even the air would be perfect
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laughs in Nvidia
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
i’m still using a 6s. how is your 12 in need of replacement?

tech junkies.
View Quote

Using a 6s in 2021 is basically living in the stone age
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Battery life on the 12 pro max is amazing also.
View Quote

Until tomorrow
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ever blow out the heat sinks?  I keep an air compressor in my office for cleaning out Laptop heat sinks at work.  I'm always impressed by the amount of $%^t the come out of them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#41]
ditching intel chips is already seen as a major mistake. no one gives a shit about your battery life when you can't run most of the stuff you actually need. you know what else lights up a room for hours and hours with pretty much no other functionality? a flash light.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Is this the year they reintroduce Touch ID?

My 7 Plus is getting a little long in the tooth.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
ditching intel chips is already seen as a major mistake. no one gives a shit about your battery life when you can't run most of the stuff you actually need. you know what else lights up a room for hours and hours with pretty much no other functionality? a flash light.
View Quote
Seen by who?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#44]
it's been years since they done anything worth upgrading, I'd assume the same as the last few years it's fast, more memory, 8 cameras, etc

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep gonna be my Christmas present to the wife...hopefully...
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a 15" MBP with the i9 chip, holy shit does it get hot. I would love an MBP with the ARM chips.

Aging eyes forced me to give up my 13” MBP. Thus I need at least a 15” screen with yuge brightness.  I love the 15” Retina screen on my 2019 MBP
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#47]
I won’t be upgrading this year…I always skip a year. My wife probably would as this is her year to upgrade the phone.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Aging eyes forced me to give up my 13" MBP. Thus I need at least a 15" screen with tuge brightness.  I love the 15" Retina screen on ky 2019 MBP
View Quote
I'm in the Sam boat. I just use an eternal display every chance I get
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#49]
In before everybody’s iPhone 6/7/8 start glitching and freezing up due to the latest “software” update.  

I’ve been an apple fan since the second phone.  They ALWAYS fuck with the older models right about the time a new phone comes out.

On a side note my MacBook Air circa 2013 runs like new.  Still get 7 hours out of the original Battery. Fast as my W10 2019 Samsung.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm looking to upgrade my MBP from 2015 to a new Air.  When was the last big upgrade to the Air?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top